Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Who's friend, who's foe? ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
Chapter 21 Who is friend, and who is foe?
By Trynia Merin a.k.a. StarbearerTM a.k.a. Polymer
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Akira Toriyama does, as does Toei Animation Company and Funimation. I only own Shasta Seltzer and some other non cannon concepts. The rest I don't own sadly, and get no money for writing this. Only the wages from everyone's supportive reviews and constructive criticisms. Both are welcome, BTW! Please review! Thanks for them so far!

"What's going on?" Dr. Briefs gasped, when the security guards rushed in at Bunny's request.
"Gramps, get OUT of here!" Trunks shouted, shoving him and Bunny aside.
Out of the corner of her eye Lunch saw Shasta suddenly raise her hand, and create a small sphere of ki. She brought up her machine gun, raking her with a hale of bullets. Seconds before, Shasta seized Yamcha and threw him behind her.
"What are you doing?" he cried.
"You'll see, lover," Shasta smiled evilly, an inhuman glow in her eyes. "Short circuit!"
Glass shattered all around them, while the lights surged and the entire world exploded with the rush of wind. Lunch and Tien barely managed to get under the shield of a ki dome. Vegeta wrapped himself around his woman, punching his way through the resulting shockwave. He crashed behind the tables, covering her with his body as best he could while debris fanned out for miles. Around them the entire ballroom exploded into an inferno.
"What the hell ARE you?" Yamcha spluttered.
"Why they call me number 23," she grinned. "Watch and learn."
"Noooo!" Trunks wailed, slashing his arms before him. He raised them, then fired a blast of pure ki. It slammed into Shasta, knocking her into the far wall.
"Shasta!" Yamcha gasped. "What the hell?"
"Get away from her now! She's one of them!" Trunks yelled, extending his arms.
He screamed at the top of his lungs, scattering napkins and debris that whistled in the wind. Purple hair stood on end, flickering gold along with the lightening wreathing his form. Blue eyes glared teal with internal fire of their own through the flames of Trunks Super Saiyan aura. All around them the building collapsed, bits of masonry landing on everyone's heads while they hid under tables. Those that hadn't gotten out that was at the advance notice of Piccolo's hastily pulled fire alarm.
"You stupid fool, you're no match for us!" laughed a voice.
Shasta picked herself up out of the rubble, shaking her purple haired head off. Trunks reached into his jacket, pulling out his concealed sword from a capsule in his hand. Hair blazing with golden energies, he flew full force towards her.
"I won't let you, not now, not EVER!" Trunks bellowed.
"No!" Yamcha cried, leaping up to get in the way. His fists blazed with energy, surging towards Trunks.
"Don't you DARE get in the way, you weakling!" Vegeta bellowed, raising his hand. "Big Bang!"
A sphere of energy exploded from the flats of Vegeta's palms, hurling past Yamcha to explode right in Shasta's face. The former desert bandit was knocked clear, crashing into the nearby bar. Bottles and glasses tinkled and crashed upon impact. No. 23 shrilled momentarily, then stared in disbelief as Trunk's sword cleaved her slender neck. A purple haired head rolled on the ballroom floor, landing at the youth's feet.
Goku landed, holding Chichi at his side while Gohan and the other Z fighters dragged themselves out of the rubble of broken tables. Clothing and evening gowns hung off their bodies, in tatters and rags. Wind whistled through the ruins of the country club, people murmuring and gasping while the fire trunks blared and diesel to a stop to put out the residual flames.
Ashes and choking smoke billowed up into the blue skies. Bulma coughed, stumbling to her feet. Vegeta rushed over, catching her as she stumbled into his arms. Parts of his blue AE suit were visible from under the tuxedo, to her shock. "What happened…" she gasped.
"Is everyone all right?" Goku breathed. "Vegeta… Bulma?"
"We're just FINE Kakkarot," Vegeta bellowed.
"Goku… oh gods,” Chichi stammered, hugging him tightly along with Gohan who rushed over to her.
"Mom, it's okay."
"Gohan, you're all right!" she bawled, crushing her son to her chest. Goku shakily hugged Chichi around the waist, walking with her and his son towards the source of the holocaust.
"Yamcha… Bro," Krillin stammered, rushing over to his friend's fallen form. Tien leaned down, while Launch glanced at the wreckage of what had been Shasta. Trunks dropped to his knees, letting his sword clatter to the floor. Tears rolled down his cheeks.
"NOOO!" screamed Marron hysterically, sobbing into Krillin's arms. "What happened?"
"Someone shut her up!" Vegeta yelled. Carrying Bulma, Vegeta soared over and landed a few yards behind his son.
"Trunks, are you okay?" Bulma asked.
"Trunks, why are you cowering there on the ground! What in the name of the Legendary Super Saiyan are you doing? You just won a victory, you should be exalting in triumph, not whimpering like a whelp," Vegeta exhaled deeply. He set Bulma down near Goku and Chichi, then moved over to stand next to the shivering figure of his son on his hands and knees.
"Mom… you're all right. Father?" Trunks stammered, slowly turning to face them.
"We've won brat. It's over. Now get up and stand on your feet like a Saiyan Warrior," Vegeta said. Reaching down, he picked up the android's head. He turned it over in his hands before tossing it towards Bulma. She caught it, causing Goku and Chichi to shudder.
"Wow,” Goku shivered. "That's creepy, so that's an artificial human, huh, son?"
"Yeah Dad," Gohan mumbled, moving over to peer at it while Bulma poked and prodded with the wires sticking out the bottom.
"Wild… it's like its flesh and blood," she whispered.
"Trunks, get up now. You're a Prince's son. Don't make me doubt your parentage. At least act like it instead of a weakling!" Vegeta grunted, leaning down and grabbing his son's arm. Roughly he hauled the boy to his feet, and turned him around. He grabbed the sword, handing it hilt first while holding it by the blade to the shaken boy. Slowly Trunks took back the sword, and wiped it clean on his pants leg. He sheathed it in the scabbard slug over one shoulder.
"Father, it's only just begun," Trunks breathed deeply, his chest rising and falling. Azure eyes widened, then narrowed under lavender brows. Vegeta's own eyebrows furrowed to match in an eerie mirror image.
"Shit," Vegeta hissed. Bulma tossed the head to Gohan, then stumbled over to join her son and mate.
"Mom thank gods," Trunks gasped, hugging her tightly. Vegeta grunted glaring at Goku and the other Z fighters gaping at the mess.
"Well don't' just stand there gawking! We've got to think of a plan, you losers! Or must I do all the thinking around here?" Vegeta bellowed at them.
"Gosh Vegeta,” Goku scratched his head. "I think we should start by figuring out just WHERE that came from."
"Right, we should find their base," said Piccolo, striding up with his white cape flapping in the wind. Still Yamcha clutched dazedly to Krillin's arm, shivering spasmodically with Lunch and Tien looking gravely on.
"My girlfriend was an ANDROID?" Yamcha spluttered.
"Only the first of many," Trunks said. "You have to tell me where you met her."
"NOW," Vegeta growled. He curled his hands into fists, standing between Bulma and the others like a shield.
Letting go of his mother, Trunks strode over and grabbed Yamcha by the front of his shirt. He lowered his face to within inches of the desert bandit, blue eyes glittering with anger. Yamcha stammered, swallowing hard when Trunks growled, "Tell me and tell me NOW. I won't let anyone ELSE die because of your stupidity!"
"Hey, take it easy bro!" Krillin stammered.
"Shut up, cue ball," Vegeta snorted.
"Easy, take it easy," Goku said, striding over and leaning down next to Trunks. "What's going on here Yamcha?"
"I don't know," he stammered.
"TALK!" Trunks snapped, looking for a moment like his father Vegeta.
"Relax… this isn't necessary," said Goku, gripping Trunk's arm.
“I'm sorry Goku,” breathed Trunks. He let Yamcha go, and backed away. Yamcha crab walked backwards, almost colliding with Goku.
"It is, Kakkarot, it is, because you have NO idea what you're getting into," Vegeta snapped, moving over and grabbing Bulma's hand tightly. "Tell him, brat!"
“Maybe Yamcha needs to know what you told me. And everyone else,” Goku said with a nod. Before Yamcha could run away, Goku caught his arm.
“Goku, he's NUTS! Can we trust him?” Yamcha glared at him. “He killed my girlfriend!”
“Listen you imbecile!” Vegeta started to snap. Goku stepped between them. Tien helped Yamcha to his feet and dusted him off as Yamcha staggered over to the body of his girlfriend.
“This… is wrong!” Yamcha gasped.
“She's an android. Some of the Androids are cyborgs. But she was never alive,” said Trunks.
“You heartless bastard! I loved her!” Yamcha said.
“Easy Yamcha,” Tien urged, rubbing his friend's back. “What's going on here. We need to know what the hell this is all about, don't we Goku?”
“Yes,” Goku nodded looking meaningfully at Trunks.
"All right, Father. Everyone, you'd better listen and listen good, because I was supposed to tell you everything and I'm guessing Gohan didn't tell you all you needed to know," he said.
"Tell him, Trunks," Bulma nodded. "It's all right."
“Yes, tell them all,” said Goku. “Please.”
Yamcha inhaled deeply, as Trunks began from the start. His blood ran cold at the very thought of what was about to happen, and much faster than any of them anticipated.