Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Trunks' Revelation ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
Other Red Ribbon Children Revised
Note: For Maccam who suggested that the story jumped around a lot, I wrote this chapter to try and tie up some loose ends between Chapter 20 and the most recent ones. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope this chapter clears things up!

The Z fighters except Goku looked on in shock as Trunks stood there over the ruins of the party. Vegeta strode over towards his son, glaring at him intently. Trunks coughed and glared at everyone assembling around him, their eyes filled with shock at the way in which he glared down at Yamcha.
"You have to tell me, where you met her!" Trunks said, marching over to stand in front of him.
"I… she was from East Mountainous City!" Yamcha said angrily feeling his blood boiling.
"Easy now," Goku said quietly.
"You don't understand, Yamcha," Trunks glared at him. Blue eyes glazed over with the depths of sorrow Goku had seen in the eyes of men far older that had seen death and far too much off it.
"Explain to them, boy," Vegeta snapped. "Tell them what you've told me. Don't pull any punches. These weaklings need to know what will befall them if they get in our way."
"Get out of Yamcha's face first, Trunks, please," Goku said softly. His rounded eyes narrowed into widened slits, as he lowered his gaze towards Trunks.
"I'm sorry Goku, but not till he tells me what I want to know first! How long have you know this woman? Tell me!" Trunks snapped at Yamcha.
“Back off! I didn't know she was an android! I swear! She said she recently got out of college, and her family had just moved to West City!" Yamcha growled. "We've only been dating for a while or so!"
"You paraded her around capsule! Did she see anything she SHOULDN'T?" Trunks asked.
“Please, Trunks calm down!” said Goku holding up his hand. “This is not the time for this!”
"You let that tramp lose around Capsule?" Bulma shouted at Yamcha. "What the HELL were you thinking?"
“Bulma, lay off!” Yamcha snapped.
"Bulma, calm down," Goku implored. "Trunks, who do you think you are? I know that you're from another time and place, but why are you terrorizing him?"
"That's simple. Because I have to do whatever it takes to stop my future from becoming yours. You'll all die unless I help you!" Trunks glared at him.
“So what makes YOU the hero of the future?” Yamcha demanded.
“Why should we trust you, with all due respect, Goku,” said Tien angrily.
“Because he's Bulma and Vegeta's son," said Goku. “The baby that Bulma's going to have is going to grow up and be him!”
“Kakkarot… must you be so plain?” growled Vegeta.
“They need to know, don't they Vegeta?” Goku asked, leveling his gaze on the prince.
“Fine,” grunted Vegeta. “He's my brat, you idiots.”
"Vegeta, how's this possible?" Yamcha blinked.
"I can't believe it,” Tien gasped in shock and disgust.
“Tien, let him explain,” Goku urged his old friends. Sighing they both crossed arms over their chests and listened.
"I took my mother's time machine to get here, to try and meet with you Goku. But instead I've had to tell Father and Mother here. When they were on Namek, my father and mother mated and she carries a son. A son who will be me. But in my time, Vegeta and Bulma got together during the three years before the Androids emerged," said Trunks. Yamcha shivered in anger as Tien looked on, his eyes widening in shock as they had before.
"That's still crazy!" Yamcha stammered, glancing from Bulma to Vegeta.
"What, the fact that I took this loudmouthed woman as my mate?" Vegeta snickered.
"But I still don't get it," Tien said. "I just still don't see why you and him..."
"That's none of your business, you freak," Vegeta coughed.
“It's true,” Yamcha said bitterly to Tien. “But maybe genius boy can explain why!”
“Must they know?” Vegeta demanded.
"In my universe, you and mother got together because you were lonely. Because Yamcha and my mom didn't get along. For ten years they dated, and then they realized they weren't meant for each other. Vegeta, my father here was training in a GR Bulma created for him. Because he demanded it, and because she wanted to stop him from terrorizing Gramps," Trunks admitted, glaring at Tien and Yamcha.
"Man," Tien whispered, shaking his head.
"Mom said that she saw how alone Vegeta was," said Trunks softly. "And she was just like him. Everyone thought she had all she wanted. But she was so much like Father. Rich, powerful, and unreachable. Because she had to be. And only she could understand Father. And accept him for who he was."
"But did Vegeta die with the rest of us in your universe?" Yamcha asked. Trunks squeezed his eyes shut painfully.
"Yes," said Trunks sadly. "This was why I had to act. And I can't let ANYONE destroy my parents and my friends. I won't let anyone get in the way of me stopping hell from happening on Earth. Not even you, Goku. You're a hero in my time. But you didn't save us. You weren't around."
“Now just a damn minute! You've got a lot of nerve and I've had just about enough of this!” Yamcha shouted at Trunks angrily.
"Yamcha, shut up! Don't you see that Trunks is telling the truth?" Bulma shouted angrily.
"Bulma, stay out of this. The brat's got it all under control," Vegeta whispered, grasping Bulma's arm and gently tugging her to stand behind him. Bulma's blue eyes blazed with outrage, but she pressed her lips shut into a firm line as Vegeta whispered into her ear.
"I swear to gods I had no idea she was one of them!" Yamcha snapped, stabbing the air in front of Trunks, wiping angry tears in his eyes with his other hand.
"You have to believe him," Krillin said quietly.
"We didn't know!" Marron bawled, burying her face in Krillin's jacket.
"I think we can believe him," said Goku firmly, suddenly appearing right next to Trunks. He had appeared out of nowhere, startling the youth considerably. Still Trunks did not let go of Yamcha's lapel. Instead Trunks whirled his head to glare at Goku.
"Fine, whatever you say. But unless you listen now, everything that you care about will be gone completely," Trunks said with a still low calm that resembled the pale gaunt silence in a war zone. He let go of the front of Yamcha's collar, and stepped back. A collective gasp of relief was released when Yamcha shoved him away.
"Let the kid talk. I wanna know what the hell's going on," Launch gritted, pushing in front of Tien. "I warned you guys that bitch was bad news but you wouldn't listen!"
"She's right," Trunks said, glancing at Launch's narrowed gaze. Krillin and Marron, Tien and Piccolo all arranged themselves in a semicircle around Trunks, Vegeta and Bulma. The Heiress of Capsule corps stood near the fallen body of 23, Yamcha's ex girlfriend, while Vegeta clutched the head in his other hand like a grisly prize. He finally wrapped it in one of the napkins from the table, to stop the looks of disgust the other weaklings were giving him. It wouldn't do for them to ignore Trunks because they were taken squeamish at the sight of blood.
"Spit it out already, sheesh!" Launch glared at Trunks.
"I was supposed to meet with you Goku that day. And because you came late, I had to confide in Gohan and Bulma," Trunks explained, his blue eyes gleaming with frustration. His hands formed fists at his sides, his young face smirched with the soot from the explosion. He momentarily turned his back, slowly pacing around the expanse of the ruined ballroom. Vegeta stomped up to where Goku stood by chichi and Gohan, shaking his head.
"What he's saying is that in three years, some clown named Dr. Gero is going to create several tin cans that wipe all you losers out," Vegeta snorted. "And this brat and your son are the only survivors. That's right, isn't it, kid?"
“Yes,” nodded Gohan angrily.
"And in a year you I'll die from a heart virus, right Trunks?” said Goku angrily.
"Goku, is what he saying true?" Chichi stammered, grabbing his chest.
"I haven't been feeling bad at all really," Goku said. “But I do have my medicine you gave me Trunks.”
“Why didn't you tell me?” asked Chichi angrily.
"I didn't want to worry you too much, till I actually got sick. You know how you get, Chi," Goku said.
"Excuse me young man, what have I told you about keeping secrets?" Chichi snapped at Gohan.
“Chichi, leave him be,” Goku said quietly, squeezing her hand.
"Enough of this bullshit!" Vegeta barked his harsh voice cutting through the chatter. "Shut up! Unless you have something useful to say!"
"How dare you!" Chichi started.
"You heard him, shut up," Bulma snapped at her. Chichi snapped her jaw shut, blinking in shock at Bulma's loud voice.
“That's not necessary Bulma!” Goku said angrily. “She's my wife, and you should respect her.”
“She's a damn harpy,” Vegeta started.
“Vegeta, don't start,” said Goku angrily.
“Father, please,” Trunks urged.
“Fine whatever! Don't you idiots get it? Unless you train your asses off in the next few years, you'll all die. IT doesn't get any planer then that. So either train now, or get the HELL out of the way of those of us who really know what we're doing!"
"Jeez Vegeta, we get the point!" Krillin glared at him.
"Oh I'm sorry Baldie was it too rough for your poor little ears?" Vegeta taunted him, giving him a nasty leer. Krillin wished the floor would open up and swallow him whole. As Marron opened her mouth to say something, Bulma shot her a nasty glare.
"Don't EVEN say it," Bulma snapped at her. Marron's chin wobbled, and she looked ready to burst into tears. She hung tightly to Krillin's jacket, her eyes misting over as she bit her lip.
"Guys, you're all dead where I come from. Androids 17 and 18 kill all the Z fighters in one blow. I was afraid this was going to happen now. IF it wasn't for Father here," Trunks said. "IN three years, Dr. Gero's creations make Freeza look like a walk in the park."
"You'd be shit off my boots," Vegeta said with a superior smirk at Yamcha. The warrior's mouth dropped open wide then snapped shut.
"Goku,” Chichi glared at him. “Aren't you WORRIED that you're going to die and leave your wife and son homeless and on the streets?" Chichi glared at him, raising her hand to give Goku a good swat on the side of the head.
"Someone shut her up before I blow her up," Vegeta mumbled under his breath.
"C'mon, let's take a walk," Launch snapped, grabbing Chichi's arm and dragging her out of the banquet hall despite her protests. Tien whispered a silent thank you as Chichi's screams and shouts vanished to a nonexistent level.
"All right go on," Yamcha said sternly. Trunks wheeled around, staring him right in the eyes.
"Okay Vegeta, I get it. If those two robots you told me about are supposed to show up in three years, why did SHE just attack us now," Tien asked, raising a brow. He nudged the remains of Shasta with his booted toe.
"Apparently they decided to show up early," Trunks said, kicking the body with his toe angrily. "These androids are monsters. No matter what my friends or me did we couldn't stop them. And now that THIS has happened…"
"So he's saying we've got a chance to stop it," Goku nodded.
"Are you going to train or not. That's my question for you?" Vegeta glared at the others.
"What do you think? Of COURSE I'm going to!" Tien glared at Vegeta.
“I'm going to train,” Goku grinned, rubbing the back of his head as he gave an awkward grin. "You know me well enough, don't you Vegeta?"
"Whatever Kakarot. But you and I STILL have a score to settle when this is through," said Vegeta, shoving a finger in his face.
"Absolutely, Vegeta," Goku nodded. A small smile crept over his face, and he gave a firm nod.
"I'm still going to beat the crap out of you, third class, make no mistake," said Vegeta.
Piccolo who had been silent till now strode up on Goku's other side. "So, Goku, how do you plan on training?"
"Would you like to be my training partner then?" Goku asked Piccolo cheerfully.
"Whatever you do is your affair. I don't care. Just stay out of my way," Vegeta glared at both of them. "And you make sure he doesn't die on me, Namekian."
"Not going to happen," Piccolo grunted at Vegeta, glaring down at the Prince from his impressive height.
Bulma strode up and slid her arm around Vegeta's waist. She said firmly but quietly, "Well you're not the only ones who will be busy. I've got some nasty ideas for a weapon that might be able to stop these androids. I could study this one here to see if my neutrino disrupters could work."
"Humph, at least you have some sense, woman," Vegeta grunted, slipping his arm around his mate's waist as well. "I suppose you'll want me to haul that carcass back to Capsule?"
"Well, if you won't I will," said Trunks, walking back with a white scrap of cloth in his hands. He wrapped Shasta's body in it, and hefted it up.
"Eww, that's kinda gross," Gohan commented. "But I guess you've got a point."
"He does, Gohan," said Bulma quietly. "Now, Vegeta can we please go home? I'm not feeling too hot right now."
"Let's go, woman. Come boy; let's let these clowns get to their pathetic training. We've much work of our own to do," Vegeta said, glaring pointedly at all the Z fighters numbly looking on. He boosted Bulma into his arms, and strode out into the open air with her. She clung to him shakily, the events of the past hour finally sinking in.
Trunks hesitated before following. Goku saw him turn and face him expectantly, as if wanting them all to say something. Goku cleared his throat, and said, "Well guys, are you all going to just stand there or are we going to train?"
"Let's get to it already. We're not getting any stronger standing around," Piccolo nodded.
"Then let's get to it," Goku said brightly. In a matter of seconds his serious demeanor evaporated into the cheerful bluster of a fighter before a simple karate match.
"Whatever you say Dad. And Trunks, I'm sorry I didn't tell them sooner," Gohan said, glancing first to his father, then Trunks.
"Don't worry about it. Just train hard," Trunks sighed, giving Gohan a weak smile.
"Right," Gohan nodded.
"Are you all in?" Piccolo glared at a silent Tien, Krillin, and a shivering Yamcha who was still huddled on the floor hugging himself.
"I want to get those bastards who did this… to Shasta," Yamcha said with a bitter look on his face. Slowly he crawled to his feet, wiping tears from his eyes.
"You sure you're up to this?" asked Tien.
"Just try and stop me," Yamcha nodded. He glared at Trunks, then suddenly blasted off in a streak of white towards Capsule. Krillin glanced at Marron who was still sniveling into his shoulder.
"I'm in," he said quietly.
"Count me in too," said Tien. "Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go find Chiotzu and Launch, and explain. Then it's off to the mountains."
"Tien, before you go, Let's meet in a week or so, and see how everyone's doing," Goku said.
"Sure. I'll be in touch," Tien nodded. "Krillin, if you hear from Yamcha let me know."
"Uh huh," Krillin nodded. He glanced at Marron who lifted her head to blink at him with tear filled eyes.
"This is horrible," she sniffled.
"C'mon hon, let's get you home," Krillin whispered, taking her hand. Tien grunted, turning around and striding gracefully out of the room.
"Enough talk. Get your butt over to Master Roshi's and train already," said Piccolo, glaring down at Krillin.
"Sheesh, relax will ya? I hear you! One grouch is enough with Vegeta!" Krillin glared at Piccolo.
"Hey, calm down guys," Goku urged them.
"Okay Goku. See you later. See you guys later. Stay in touch this tine Goku, okay?" Krillin nodded, glancing at the few fighters left standing there in a small formation.
"Sure," said Goku with a small smile. "Bye, and take care okay?"
"Thank you everyone," nodded Trunks quietly.
"Later," Krillin waved, dragging Marron out by the hand. Piccolo shook his head, rolling his eyes as he stared down at Gohan.
"I'd better go tell Mom you're going to stay with us, Mr. Piccolo," Gohan said. He rushed out quickly to find Launch and his mother and inform them of the change in plans.
"Thank you for taking me seriously. You won't regret it," Trunks said, as Piccolo and Goku's eyes fell on him. Goku soberly nodded, then turned to Piccolo.
"Don't worry about it. I'm just sorry I wasn't here to meet you when you first came," Goku said softly.
"So am I," Trunks said. Goku extended his hand, and Trunks gently took it to give it a shake. A look of understanding passed between them. Nodding, Trunks blasted off through the holes in the roof. Soon he was a small glimmer on the horizon. Piccolo and Goku exchanged looks of worry.
"C'mon, let's go already," Piccolo said, grabbing Goku's shoulder.
Goku followed him, taking one last look in the direction Trunks and Vegeta had flown. A strange page had been turned in fate, and Goku hoped that he would be strong enough to face the challenge ahead. Bulma's strange collectedness both astonished Goku and disturbed him. Gone was the flustered blue haired girl he had guessed would panic. Bulma Briefs had a very calculated calm look in her eyes when she mentioned the development of her neutrino disrupter. Piccolo recalled that she had taken such a weapon to Namek, and almost used it on Vegeta. But she had never tested it before then. He had only remembered that detail because he had seen the slim metallic pistol adhered to her belt under that yellow vest so many months ago on his home world.
"You saw it too, didn't you?" Goku asked Piccolo.
"What, Bulma?" asked Piccolo. "Yeah. She's taking it pretty well isn't she?"
"Too well," Goku said quietly.
"You should be glad she's got her wits about her. That weapon she was describing might be helpful if something goes wrong," Piccolo grunted to Goku. Nodding Goku strode out next to his friend, his heart sinking with a sudden shiver of fear. Bulma's demeanor closely resembled that of Trunks, and it was more then apparent that Trunks had the fanatical look of Vegeta in his eyes when he had held Yamcha before him at his mercy.
It was the look of a desperate man. One who would stop at nothing to protect his family even at the expense of those he called friend. Goku knew the look all too well. He only hoped Vegeta and Trunks would see the value in hope instead of desperation in the months ahead.