Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Prince Vegeta's shock ( Chapter 24 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Author's Notes:
Why are the saiyans Nappa and Raditz, enhanced to a hundred times their former strength, attacking Capsule, and why is Bulma's employee Chablis Simms helping them.  Thinking their Prince is a captive of the humans the two Saiyans mean well, but Vegeta must change their minds.
I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama does. This is a work of fan fiction that I get no pay for writing. I only own Dr. Stellari, Chablis and other minor fan characters. Toei Animation Co. Ltd, Shonen Jump, Shuisha Bird Studios owns the Manga and Anime.
***
"All right, tell me what's going on here? And why my training's been interrupted!" a gruff voice boomed not too far from where the observers watched Raditz and Yamcha's heated battle. Suddenly Dr. Stellari saw a blue and white figure blur into existence right next to her. Sunlight gleamed off the white armored vest strapped front and back with gold segmented bands. His bodysuit covered every inch of skin from the neck down. White gloves sheathed his hands while slip on gold toed boots encased his feet. Although he was her height, the spiky crest of his upswept hair added at least six inches to his height.
"I don't know your majesty, but your woman is in trouble! And two of your old henchmen are making problems," Dr. Stellari stammered. The scientist shivered at the angry look in the Prince's ebony gaze. Like other employees of Capsule, they knew better then to annoy Bulma's new significant other, and future husband of Capsule's vice president
"Don't piss me off, you idiotic fool. I had enough of scientists babbling nonsense. You're just as annoying as that idiot Bardock was," mumbled Vegeta. Grabbing her by the front of her smock he set her aside then turned his back to her. He glanced towards the blurring motions of Chablis and Trunks fighting.
"I don't know who Bardock was, but there are two creatures who claim they're looking for you. I think they're named Nappa and Raditz," Dr. Stellari panted.
"Be silent! Nappa and Raditz are dead! If you're toying with me I won't hesitate to have Bulma fire your ass. If you weren't a woman I'd blast you into the next dimension!" he glared at her. A puny ki flared nearby, and Vegeta whirled around to see Bulma throw herself at him. With annoyance and mingled relief he felt her arms squeezing his neck tightly while she clung to him quivering.
"Vegeta! Where the HELL were you?" Bulma yelled at him, although she trembled with fear. Around her body folded the protective arms of her mate, holding her possessively to his hard muscled body.
"Bulma, what the hell's wrong with you? Your stupid employees are pissing me off! You know I hate it when I'm interrupted in my training!" Vegeta asked, sliding his hands down to lightly cup her backside.
"Something HORRIBLE's happened!" Bulma panted, chest heaving against his. Vegeta felt the pounding of her heart through his armored breastplate, and the stench of her fear. Blue eyes were wide with terror. Somehow Vegeta knew he had to calm his woman down before he could get any sensible information from her, so he resorted to insult.
"Yes, your scientist is giving me horrible flashbacks of my youth. Honestly she's worse then Kakkarot's father with her incessant yammering. You really MUST do something about that before I do some corporate downsizing Saiyan style," Vegeta commented. He nodded in the direction of Dr. Stellari leaning against the wall rubbing her neck. Raditz's dangling her by her lab coat had caused red cloth burns along her collar and armpits which would leave sizable marks.
"Hello! In case you didn't REALIZE Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumb are alive again?" Bulma cried, squeezing Vegeta's shoulders hard.
"What are you babbling about, Bulma?" Vegeta glared at her. "Start from the beginning. What's going on here?"
"Your pet Saiyans that's who," said Dr. Stellari. Annoyed, Vegeta snarled at the interruption of Bulma's scientist. Baring his teeth he hissed at her to back away. Bulma rested her head against Vegeta's chest, silently pleading him to listen because she hadn't the strength right now to tell him herself.
"Your Royal Highness. If you will, look up there?" Dr. Stellari nervously cleared her throat. Vegeta glanced up to where she pointed, his eyes expanding far wider then any of them had seen. Sheer disbelief crossed his face, erasing the angry frown to an astonished gape. For the first time, Dr. Stellar could swear Vegeta's jaw hit the ground.
"Wait a minute, it can't be!" Vegeta stammered as he looked up to see Yamcha fighting a familiar figure.
"It's Raditz and Nappa you jerk!" Bulma yelled at him, grabbing Vegeta's gloved hand and tugging on it insistently.
"How did THEY… no wait, did some idiot use the dragon balls?" Vegeta demanded. He pushed away from Bulma, distancing himself from her to struggle for comprehension.
Bulma moved close, hugging his waist tightly as she shouted, "Who cares HOW, Vegeta! Please aren't you going to DO something?"
"I'm going to watch the weakling get his," said Vegeta with a smirk, giving Bulma's shapely ass a pinch. "You may join me if you like. It might amuse you as well, Bulma."
"Nappa's at Capsule, and if you don't do something now I'll… I'll have Dr. Stellari blow up your graviton!" she glared, blushing bright pink.
"So, you'll build me a new one," Vegeta laughed. Remaining as calm as she could, Bulma swallowed hard. She sidled up to the Prince, sliding her arm around his waist and rubbing her body close to him. Vegeta spluttered, turning bright red with embarrassment at such a public display.
"Are you insane, woman?" Vegeta cringed. "Damn it you KNOW I hate it when you get mushy in front of your slaves!"
"They're not slaves, they're employees, Vegeta! And if you don't cooperate, I'll never argue with you again," Bulma said with a sweet smile. "And every time you try and wake me up, I'll have my MOTHER deal with you."
"You wouldn't DARE!" Vegeta gasped, pushing her away.
"Then go call your watchdogs off, Geta-kun. And aren't you going to help Trunks?" Bulma asked him, squeezing his arm.
"Why should I?" Vegeta asked.
Angrily Bulma shoved him away. Resting her hands on her hips she glared daggers towards a nonplussed Vegeta. For a few moments she was literally speechless with shock, then finally she stammered, "He's your SON damn it! One of my employees is attacking him and they flew off somewhere else! Don't you even CARE that he might be in terrible danger?"
"Was it that young female? From the strength of his ki, I'd say he's doing well on his own. Besides, he might not want to be interrupted," Vegeta smirked. Bulma's jaw dropped at the sudden gleam of pride in Vegeta's ebony eyes. Turning away from her, Vegeta glowed with blue ki, his feet rising from the ground.
"Where are you going?" Bulma demanded. Vegeta cast her a look that clearly answered her query. As if it would be obvious that he was going to pursue Nappa and find some answers. His snort of disgust and toss of his spiky upsweep of hair expressed this point.
"Wait you ass, take me WITH you!" Bulma said, leaping onto his back and clinging hard around the neck. Her legs locked around his waist, so Vegeta was forced to try and shake her off.
"Why?" he growled, prying her off his back and setting her down.
"Because he'll blow up Capsule, and you'll be without someone to bankroll your training and food bill, that's why!" Bulma yelled back.
"Infernal wench! The things I put up with you!" Vegeta snarled, snagging her by the waist and rocketing up into the air with her.
He shot past a fighting Raditz and Yamcha, leaving them to duke it out while Dr. Stellari glanced up in shock. "Well isn't he going to stop them?" she asked Puar.
"I don't think so," Puar squeaked. "And Yamcha IS holding his own. And Trunks is holding her off. But since when did she know martial arts?"
"I don't know, but I want to find out," said Dr. Stellari. She levitated upwards with Puar by her shoulder. Both warriors seemed evenly matched, and she had to admit she enjoyed the sight of two sweating males panting as they backed apart. Yamcha noticed his opponent backing off. A split second later two pairs of eyes widened in shock in response to a new ki. For Raditz it was the flickering scouter lights that cued him in, while Yamcha's ki reading soared off the scale. Both had sensed the arrival of Vegeta.
"My Prince," Raditz gasped, catching his attention from Yamcha.
"Vegeta? Where? What took him so long?" Yamcha grunted.
Raditz used the opportunity to deliver a cracking punch to Yamcha's jaw. Fortunately the human flew back enough so the punch didn't break his bones. Still he hurtled towards the ground at a terrific rate. Puar squeaked with fear, while Dr. Stellari rushed over to where she anticipated he'd land. Quickly she scrabbled a small circle on the turf of Capsule's lawn. Placing her hands down on it she focused her energies. Grass molded and changed into a strange gelatinous surface bubbling and foaming. Before her it took the shape of a large square pad composed of plastic enclosing air. A split second later, Yamcha slammed down into the makeshift landing bag.
"Oh my Yamcha are you okay?" Puar lamented.
Dr. Stellari also dashed up to quickly check the fallen Yamcha. He laid still, eyes tightly shut. Nevertheless she saw the rise and fall of his chest indicating he was still breathing. Puar morphed into a large fan to blow cool air on his face.
"There you are, where do you think you're going?" snapped a harsh voice from above.
Dr. Stellari glanced up to see Raditz swooping down from the sky with one hand extended. Quickly she burst into a run, barely mustering enough mental energy to take flight. Inches from Raditz' grasp she summoned a burst of speed to put herself ahead of him. Steadily she rose above Capsule with Raditz in pursuit. Unfortunately she suddenly jolted to a stop with the aid of Raditz' hand seizing the back of her lab coat.
"Let me go you jerk," she grunted in disgust. "Your prince was just here, so go find him!"
"We'll go together, Professor," Raditz laughed, tucking her under his arm.
"Then carry me in a more dignified position you big baboon!"
"As you wish, female," Raditz laughed, tossing her up in the air. He delighted in her sudden yelp, which ceased in a whoosh of exhaling breath when she landed across his outstretched arms. Moments later he gritted his teeth because Dr. Stellari's fingers seized handfuls of his abundant spiky mane to hang onto him.
"You make me sick! You've got more hair then most women on this planet!" she quipped, catching her breath. Somehow she knew that the Saiyan would not hurt her, because she saw the distinct gleam of hunger in his dark eyes darting momentarily to look at her in his grasp. Not to mention she felt him squeezing her thigh precariously close to her butt and the hand near her breast diverted just far enough to grasp the side.
"You need not worry about me killing you, female. It seems that you're far less frail then most of the females on this planet. Perhaps you'd do for another purpose if my prince permits," Raditz said.
"Oh great, don't tell me, you're looking for females because you guys are almost extinct?" she said sarcastically.
"How did you know?" he blinked in surprise, before he caught himself. "Oh yes, you're a scientist. All the more suitable. Granted there are others that Nappa would consider more 'exciting' to the eye, but your hair and features are comfortably Saiyan. Yes, you'll do nicely."
"Care to involve ME in your little pow-wow?" she asked.
"And your battle power is unusually high. Are you a trained fighter like the others?" Raditz asked her.
"Can't you tell?" she asked.
"I doubt most humans would present a challenge. That warrior I fought must be one of the guardians of this world. Z warriors I believe they're called? Nevertheless you intrigue me woman. Perhaps you'd be strong enough to assist me with a certain matter," he snickered.
"Perfect. You're going to carry me off somewhere and ravage me, is that it?" she asked.
"You possess no other male's scent. The other one with hi ki would do for Nappa. Although I seriously hope he doesn't break her because she is quite frail unlike you are," he mumbled.

***
While Raditz soared off with his prize, Bulma and the Prince streaked off after Nappa. Although Vegeta held her securely she still tensely clung to him. Her arms squeezed his neck tightly with her hot breath fanning his neck. "Stop squirming Woman, or I'll drop you," he protested.
"Vegeta, don't fly so damn fast then!" she griped.
"Do you want me to drop you? Because I can, you annoying female!" Vegeta harshly shot back.
"Sorry," Bulma mumbled. Vegeta momentarily closed his eyes, extending his perceptions in the manner he'd mimicked from the Z warriors. Tingling tendrils of ki radiated so strongly that Bulma could feel them from the Prince's mind. She had never been so close to someone so powerful since Goku carried her miniaturized form on Nimbus so many years ago.
"That way. He's going to that old man's shack where Baldy and that turtle live," Vegeta smirked.
"Crap! If Master Roshi and Krillin…"
"This should be entertaining. Hold on Bulma, and keep your mouth shut!" he cautioned, momentarily wondering why he had used her first name so much lately. Squeezing her eyes shut she clutched him all the more tightly, shirking down into his arms. Her stomach dropped and she felt the free fall twisting her inside out. When she felt the jarring force of Vegeta's boots touching down she finally blinked around. A strange sight met her eyes, because she saw Lunch with a raised weapon trained on Nappa.
"Back away, bright eyes! Or you'll get another dose!" Lunch threatened. Her clothing was torn, blonde hair whipping around her face like a banner. Nappa laughed, catching all the bullets her gun emptied in his face.
"That only tickled, female. You're just prolonging the fun. But don't worry, I can go on all day! So, where is the fire?"
"Lunch!" Bulma shrieked.
"Shut up and let me talk, if you value your life," Vegeta glared at her as he set her down. "Don't MOVE."
He pointed specifically to a spot right by the front porch. Bulma nodded, shivering with fear at the sight of Nappa's hulking figure. Memories of that fateful day came rushing back, and her body was numb with fear. While she knew in her heart Vegeta would not harm her deliberately, she was terrified for Lunch and herself if Nappa's stray blast caught either one. Carefully she reached into her dress pocket and pulled out a small metallic pistol. It was her newest invention, a neutrino disrupter. Capable of blocking ki, the neutrino disrupter could immobilize any powerful ki source for five minutes. Long enough to get the hell away from someone far more powerful, but not enough to completely immobilize more powerful warriors. She had tested it on Piccolo and Krillin. Even on Goku, who it had failed to stop entirely. Dr. Briefs had developed it in case Vegeta got out of hand, and Bulma always resented its existence, till now.
"Sire?" Nappa grunted, turning his head to the side.
"You have one minute to explain what you're doing before you die, idiot," Vegeta shouted at him. "On your knees before your Prince!"
"Of course I can explain Vegeta! Please don't kill me sire, I only am acting to protect your interests!" Nappa protested. Bulma slowly tiptoed up, quivering in fear. At sight of the other female, Lunch tensed up.
"Are you nuts? What did you bring HIM here for?" Lunch shouted.
"Who's that there! Watch out Sire, someone's behind you!" Nappa shouted, raising his hand. He saw Bulma advancing with a pistol in hand, aimed seemingly at the back of Vegeta's skull.
"Vegeta look out!" Bulma screamed, only seeing Nappa's hand raised with a glowing energy ball headed towards Vegeta.
"What the hell?" Vegeta grunted then saw Bulma out of the corner of his eye. She threw herself at him, while he momentarily diverted his attention. Quickly Vegeta managed to duck in front of Nappa's blast and throw Bulma away into the nearby sand.
A ki blast exploded where both had stood moments before. Machine gun fire split the smoke that slowly cleared. Nappa turned his gaze to where Bulma landed, seeing her shaking her head with the pistol quaking in her grip. Vegeta stood unharmed, hand upraised in the steam. Snarling, Nappa hurled a blast near where Lunch had fired, causing her to roll away easily. He hadn't been aiming to hurt her, she sensed, but to scare her off. Now he focused on Bulma.
"You won't hurt the prince, you little insect," Nappa laughed harshly. "You're a pretty little thing, but…"
"Nappa, stand down at once!" Vegeta barked. Suddenly Bulma saw the Prince materialize directly in front of her with his right hand forwards, and his other blocking Bulma, held out to one side.
"Sire! Are you all right?" Nappa gasped. "That woman tried to assassinate you! She's got a gun!"
"Shut up and listen to me! That woman is far too weak to be a threat to anyone! Back down before I destroy you!" Vegeta snapped, his hand glowing with a blue sphere just above his palm.
"Yes sire," Nappa stammered.
Vegeta!" Bulma stammered, dropping the pistol as he glared at her over his shoulder.
"You stupid fool! Did I not ORDER you to stay back?" Vegeta snarled at Bulma. Nappa's murderous glare accusingly followed her despite the fact he genuflected on one knee only two feet before Vegeta's glowing ki sphere. Squeaking she rushed over and clung to him from behind, squeezing her body close to his back.
"Excuse me for CARING!" Bulma blurted out.
"The Prince of all Saiyans doesn't need a mere woman to protect him," Vegeta growled under his breath. He didn't push Bulma away as she slid her arms around him and pressed her face into the back of his neck. Her body quaked as she pressed her front to his armored back, trembling in fear at Nappa's leer.
"I'm sorry sire, I didn't know. She's not to be killed then?" Nappa asked.
"Shut up!" Vegeta glared at him. "You are not to waste your energy on her. She is of little importance to warrant your sledgehammer approach. And as for you, you have one minute to explain just what the HELL you're doing back from the dead before I get even angrier."
"I can explain everything sire!" Nappa said.
"I'm sure you can," Bulma breathed, squeezing Vegeta's shoulder tightly. "Oh shit, why don't you just kill him?"
"I'm tempted Bulma, believe me. And stop quivering like a baby. Do you doubt the Prince's strength against mere second rate elite such as him? Dare you insult me so?" he snarled.
"I know you can kick his ass, your royal whyness, that's not what I'm scared of!" Bulma snapped. "But he could kill Lunch or me so can you BLAME me for turning to YOU for protection?"
"Humph, you do have SOME sense. But you should have obeyed me instead of making me waste my energy saving your ass," Vegeta snorted at her. Still Bulma hugged him around the waist, refusing to let go. Part of him secretly delighted in the fact that she was pressed so closely to his body with her shapely one. As for the rest it cursed the fact he had somehow lost some control of his functions because a tightening in his groin was a clear sign. Not wanting to embarrass himself further in the eyes of his subordinate, Vegeta lifted his arm and tugged Bulma around to the front. His arm positioned her so her front pressed to his, effectively hiding his obvious predicament from full view. Having the woman cling to him was far preferable then showing his loss of control of the southern head.
Face close to his he hissed, "Don't you dare underestimate me, Bulma. I'm no fool. Do you forget this miserable worm could easily be something I wipe off my boot if he disobeys?"
"I'm sorry Vegeta, but he scares the SHIT out of me," she whispered.
"Humph well he should. Too bad I don't have the same effect," he teased mercilessly, pressing his body tightly to hers.
"You're getting OFF on this! You're SICK!" she whimpered.
"It's not MY fault that you provoke such a response. So keep your mouth SHUT and mind your place. I won't have you further embarrassing me before him," Vegeta warned her, pulling her tightly to him. His breath heaved in and out as he glared down at Nappa.
"Sire, this female isn't the enemy?"
"She is not your concern. She's my mate you idiotic fool," Vegeta glowered down at Nappa.
"Your WHAT?" Bulma asked, raising a brow. "If you're a Prince doesn't that make me..."
"Shut up Woman," Vegeta growled. Grumbling she pressed her lips tightly together, heart pounding at the realization that Vegeta had saved her from a former henchman. When years ago he would have let Nappa kill her or worse.
"Well, you picked a very pretty hot head, Sire," said Nappa with a leer. "She's quite Saiyan, even with that hair and the lack of a tail. Pity she's so delicate. But I'm sure that hasn't stopped you."
"Stop this incessant babbling and explain yourself before I destroy you where you kneel," Vegeta barked, still holding Bulma possessively to his side. Ordering him around had helped him regain some control, so he edged her around so she was no longer concealing his front.
"As you command, Sire," Nappa said. "It's a long story… and it's kind of hard to explain."
"Terrific," Vegeta rolled his eyes. "Where's the other one?"
"I'm not sure," said Nappa sheepishly.
"Call him then, you stupid bastard! You're the one with the fucking scouter, so use it!" Vegeta glared at him. Meekly Nappa obeyed, punching buttons on the device on his face while Vegeta and Bulma watched carefully.
"Why aren't you just…" she started before he covered her mouth with two fingers.
"Silence. Don't question my judgment in the presence of my subordinates. You have your place in my command. So don't force me to punish you, Bulma," Vegeta whispered to her.
"Fine. But since I'm your 'mate' and 'wife', that makes me a Princess right?" she asked. Vegeta promptly blushed beet red and spun around, turning his back to a giggling Bulma. When Nappa stared up at her with a questioning look, she yelped and clung to the Prince's shoulders in fear.
"Stupid pain in the ass!" Vegeta cursed. "Not in front of my warriors!"