Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Blast from the past ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama does. This is a work of fanfiction that I get no pay for writing. I only own Dr. Stellari, Chablis and other minor fancharacters. Toei Animation Co. Ltd, Shonen Jump, Shuisha Bird Studios owns the Manga and Anime.
Blast from the Past
Android 17 writes: Using another set of Dragon Balls on a distant world, a surviving Saiyan unaccounted for wishes for her Father to return and help Prince Vegeta.  But someone ELSE tags along for the ride.  But what are these two Saiyans doing on Earth?  And are there other Saiyans still alive that know of the Androids?
***
Two figures landed, resting their hands on their hips. The first wiped sweat off his baldhead, grinning cheerfully as he surveyed the landscape. Next to him, the Saiyan with impossibly long hair shaded his eyes with one hand. Nappa and Raditz followed the signal their scouters beamed, hoping to meet up with the Prince of Saiyans.
Someone had gathered the seven dragon balls of another world together, and made a wish. For all those Saiyans killed that were loyal to Prince Vegeta and died in his service to be restored back to life. These were not the Dragon Balls of Earth or even of New Namek. Once the wish was made, the wisher in secret took the survivors to a remote corner of the galaxy to train for a special mission to earth. But as she landed she was captured and tortured.
Because of where they perished, the Saiyans all popped back into place where they had died. Nappa had suddenly sprung into existence in the desert, while Raditz had popped back in confusion in the middle of a farming field. Both had armor and scouters strangely enough, and the party responsible for their return looked strangely unsaiyan.
A soft feminine voice had informed them of the existence of their Prince. He had survived Freeza's attack. Instead of defeating Freeza, Kakkaroto, Raditz' long lost brother had done the honors. Now Vegeta was living in Capsule corps with his new paramour, Dr. Bulma Briefs training for an upcoming threat.
So Nappa had thanked their liberator, and said he would pay a personal visit. Their liberator would provide them with the address and means to fly unimpeded to West City. Raditz grunted turning to Nappa. "So, this daughter of yours, can we trust her?"
"You kidding me? She's smarter then both of us. Takes after her mom," Nappa laughed.
"How did she get here?"
"Fallback plan. Thank that hotshot elite cousin of yours," said Nappa with a grin.
"Don't remind me. Just because he had a higher rating… he uses that Tree of Might fruit to gain more power! I don't need such nonsense!" Raditz glared at him. Despite his griping, Raditz and Turles were good friends. Some suspected more passed between the two Saiyans, but when asked, Turles would find a good way to shut them up.
"So, you really think the human females aren't too delicate for us?" Nappa chuckled, glancing around the compound. Over his scouter flickered the green writing of several puny kis.
"According to our sources, there are a FEW. But we must be careful to select ones that wont break easily after one round," Raditz joked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
Raditz had served on his mercenary team before being drafted by King Vegeta to serve as the Prince's bodyguard and foot soldier. Nappa had been given the responsibility of guardian to Vegeta. Turles had been recruited as another protector and contact between them and the Idsarjin, since some of his mercenaries were members of that race. Turles's ship ferried pleasure slaves to Planet Vegeta, and divided the spoils of the purging operations. He also provided a ready base for the Prince after their planet blew sky high.
Of ten million Saiyans, only a handful were alive and most females were mated already. So the choice was to find suitable females. Chablis and Cabernet and Merlot were alive from Nappa's family. Nappa, Turles, Bardock, Raditz, Sauvignon and the Prince were the only remaining males.
This brought them to Capsule. Their source said that when they found Vegeta they would find suitable mates. So far the only sources they saw were 15 at most. Raditz headed towards the lab complex, when a sudden 100 flickered on his scouter. Nappa swung his head around simultaneously, seeing the same flicker superimposed on the main dome. Then another flashed into existence, almost ten times that amount.
"Impossible. There's no way a human female has THAT high a battle power unless she's alien or Saiyan," Nappa grunted. "Unless my little girl knows more then she's letting on."
"You sure it's not your little girl we're seeing?" he asked.
"No. Whoever it is isn't Saiyan. You know your old man calibrated these things so we can tell Saiyan from non-Saiyan! And they claim you're smarter then me? Give me a break!" Nappa laughed harshly. Brazenly he strode across the main lawn, drawing strange looks from people exiting and entering the building. The huge central dome curved directly before them, interconnected with the others by small glass 'gerbil tubes' through which people walked.
"Shut up, there's another next to hers. It's about five hundred, and your daughter's is the same. Is THAT the only limit to suppressing her powers?" Raditz snorted.
"Yeah, but that must be one of the rare ones who has enough ki. But there aren't any… wait a minute, the ki's flared up… and it's headed this way. Good girl. You're making your old man proud," Nappa laughed as he strode towards the larger entrance. White coated figures and suited executives came out of the smaller of the two domes, headed straight for where Nappa and Radditz suddenly landed.
"What the hell…" gasped one of the nearest people.
"Boo," Nappa taunted, stamping his foot. He raised his hand, crackling a streak of lightening in his hand.
"Don't disintegrate them, Nappa, you know it will piss the Prince off!" Raditz snapped.
"You're no fun, besides my little Chablis didn't say whom we couldn't play with, did she?" he snickered.
Merlot and Chablis had made it to earth as a secondary plan. Turles had dropped them off. Upon his death they alone had survived of his crew, and integrated themselves into Earth's society. Learning of the dragonballs, they collected them to revive the Saiyans killed by Freeza. Unfortunately it was beyond the Dragon's power to bring an entire planet back. So they opted for all Saiyans loyal to Vegeta to survive. This amounted to ten thousand. Most of them lived scattered about the universe. Turles had immediately left to reunite them, using an emergency space pod that Merlot had refitted.
Chablis and her uncle had then 'reeducated' Nappa and Raditz, giving them armor and scouters. Instead of taking them directly to the prince, she had told her father of the changes that had happened. As a Capsule employee, she was privy to certain information. Now she would put her part of the plan into effect at the appearance of the two loyal to Vegeta. He would be most confused at best.
As it stood, the people screamed and scattered when Nappa opened his mouth and spat a fireball towards the center of the group. He stamped with a huge grin on his face snarling dramatically to frighten the feeble creatures only slightly more then half his height. "RUN! Call security!" the cries pleaded.
"Honestly, you're always overdoing things, and you call yourself elite?" Raditz snorted. "Can we just do what we came here to do and get on with it?"
"Shut up and create a distraction!" Nappa yelled at him. "Don't you REMEMBER the plan?"
"This wasn't part of it! We were supposed to find the three strongest traces not blow up the Royal Concubine's habitat! What if he attacks us and kills us in one blow?" Raditz shouted at him. Blue suited guards rushed in from the various sides, out of the small shack on the long ribbon of asphalt, while others left their positions behind the entrance desks.
"Stop RIGHT there! You're trespassing on private property!" came the shout of the one bravest enough to approach Nappa. Raditz rolled his eyes as Nappa's hand shot out and grabbed the man by the front of his uniform. The others brought up small metallic pistols, aiming them at him.
"Oh is that so? Well whoever's in charge here we've got a question for them. Unless you'd like to tell us where the Prince of all Saiyans is."
"The WHO of what?" asked the guard.
"Oh come on, you don't know about his Majesty? Surely he's in CHARGE of this place? We got a little info that he's been staying here. And well, we'd like a word with him," said Nappa.
"Who are you and what do you want! We know no such person! Nobody works here by that name!" babbled the guard.
"He is known as Prince Vegeta," said Raditz irritated, striding up and glaring at the guards. "Does anyone here know anyone by that name?"
"Does he mean that guy who's been staying at the Brief's house?" babbled one.
"Shh!" hissed another.
"Do you KNOW where he is? If so, it's your lucky day!" Nappa grinned, pulling the man's face within inches of him. "Where's Vegeta?"
"He's not available!" stammered the man.
"So you DO know who I'm talking about?" Nappa asked.
"Let me go, or I'll have to have them shoot!" the guard panted, his eyes widening with fear as Nappa's other hand flickered with that same lightening. A glowing aura increased in energy around the giant Saiyan, sizzling the very grass he stood upon.
"You're going to call your men off. If you don't want them killed," Nappa growled into his face. "Either tell me where you've seen Vegeta, or get me the leader of this little tin pot kingdom."
"The President of the company, Nappa," Raditz glared at him.
"We don't negotiate with terrorists! Release me and we'll talk. If you don't… the authorities will have something to say!" the man shouted.
"Get back everyone, or else he'll kill," Raditz said sharply, raising his hand and hurling a ki blast in the midst of the security guards.
"Fire!" they shouted. Annoyed, Raditz zipped back and forth, blocking the bullets with his hands and throwing them back at their targets. It amused him to knock them off with their own projectiles so simply.
"Weaklings," Raditz scoffed. "Are you quite done, Lt. Commander?"
"I gave you a chance, you insect. But no, you had to be stupid. I didn't expect a place like this to have a private army. Well we can play your game. We want to know a little bit of information. Tell us where to find the Saiyan Prince and we'll be nice," Nappa laughed.
"What he means is this, human," Raditz grunted. "If you tell Dr. Briefs we want to see him NOW, we'll stop."
"If not, more of your little toys are gonna get blown up. And I happen to LOVE fireworks. So if you want a ringside seat," Nappa laughed.
"Let him go. He's got the point," Raditz grunted. Drops of liquid puddled in the man's pants, smelling of urine.
"Anyone ELSE want to try me?" Nappa asked.
"Vegeta's not here! He's at the Brief's mansion!" gasped one of the other guards, backing away. "You'll have to ask Dr. Briefs…"
"Then get me Dr. Briefs," said Nappa. Gasping, the man nodded. Nappa tossed the man to the ground, and he bolted towards the guard shack. Both Saiyans stood there on the lawn, glaring at those stupid enough to come close.
"I suggest nobody try anything foolish," Radditz said quietly. He sat down on the lawn, Indian style, while Nappa plunked down before one of the trees. He grinned at the nervous guards beating a hasty retreated. A few of them stood covering the two warriors with guns. An electronic phone jangled a tune, causing Nappa and Raditz to both raise their hands angrily.
"It's just a ningen communications device," Raditz suddenly realized. Nervously the man answered his phone, when Raditz lowered his wrist.
"Answer it," Nappa said. "And make it snappy. And while you're at it, get someone to get us something to eat. We've traveled a long way, and we get cranky when we're hungry, right whelp?"
"Food will improve our disposition," said Raditz with a small smile. "That place over there is a feeding establishment. If you bring us nourishment, then we'll behave and we'll all be close friends."
"You'll have to stay here while we get Dr. Briefs," one of the other guards said, after someone whispered something to him. Motioning to the others he barked something in a language that both Saiyans had not yet heard.
"Get them some food too," he added. Turning to both men he said, "Okay. Dr. Briefs is coming here to see you. And we'll get you something to eat from the cafeteria. I hope you don't mind fruit and salad first. We've just finished serving lunch…"
"Anything will do. Just bring it now," Nappa snapped at him. He closed his eyes, then folded his arms over his chest to meditate. Three security guards remained, training rifles on the Saiyans as they found shady spots under the trees to wait. Within minutes serving bots that hovered in midair trundled out large metallic carts. Obviously, Raditz realized they were nervous about making any sudden moves around the two Saiyans.
Soon they were both dining on slices of melon, and strange fruits called grapes and apples. Nappa rubbed his hands together at the appearance of several large silver trays laden with what they called sandwiches. They smelled of fresh game, thinly sliced, pressed between slabs of ground grain baked into bread. At least one hundred of the things dominated each tray. Large rectangular pans steamed with small flames under them as the new humans erected large folding tables. They wore long white smocks and tall paper cylinders on their heads. All of them had plastic bags on their hands, bustling to and fro with items from the silver carts.
"Not bad," Raditz commented, stuffing his face with roast chicken. Nappa tipped a huge plate of sandwiches into his open mouth then dropped the tray near one of the timid food service workers. Amongst the security guards they quickly motioned the bots to take over with serving the two Saiyans.
***