Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Goku's reunion with Raditz ( Chapter 36 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. Akira Toriyama created them, and Funimation controls the rights. I only own Dr. Stellari, and Dr. Melmac and other minor oc's not part of DBZ cannon. I don't make money on this and it's only for fun. I mean no harm to the series!
Royal Namekian Blues
Brother's Reunion!
By Trynia Merin aka StarbearerTM
Notes: Bear with me, Vegeta/Bulma fans. There are more of them in chapters to come. I just want to tie off this loose end!
***
“Stop it!” Stellari shouted. Yamcha gurgled, flying after her to try and stop her.
 
“Don't interfere!” Yamcha cried. He shot out and appeared before her.
 
“Get out of my way!” Stellari yelled. Her fingers flickered with energy. Small threads of strange filaments formed in her hands. She threw them into a line that shot out towards him. Yamcha's fast flurry of fists diverted the plastic, but it stuck to his hands. Stellari whirled around him, wrapping him in the fine series of threads of light polymer from her fingertips. The more he struggled, the more the sticky goo snared him. The filaments formed a sticky adhesive that hardened into a solid epoxy band gluing his arms to his sides.
 
“Shit!”
 
Stellari kicked him sharply aside, knocking him off balance. Another blow from something hard covering her fist punched his jaw, enough to stun him. He whirled towards another building, crashing into the bushes around it as he levitated enough to stop his descent.
 
Dr. Stellari dropped between Tien who was aiming another blast cannon at Raditz. The warrior shakily brushed off the bits of brick and masonry. Stellari saw the ki blast that Raditz lobbed at Tien. He dodged it, and aimed another Dodon at Raditz. Blinking wildly, Raditz struggled to sense where the warrior was, but couldn't tell because the images suddenly blurred in multiples around him.
 
“You can't hit all of us,” said six Tiens. “Now you're in trouble.
 
“Perspex!” gritted Dr. Stellari, forming something out of the air around her. Six rays sizzled out, converging on Raditz. But they hit a barrier that was shoulder height that Dr. Stellari was struggling to form out of the oxygen and particulate matter around her.
 
Tien hesitated, his beam dissipating. He didn't want to hit the scientist. “Get out of the way!” he shouted.
 
“You get lost!” she gritted. “I won't let you hurt him! He's done you no wrong!”
 
Raditz struggled to his feet, seeing his woman maintaining a shimmering plastic barrier that formed a low thick wall about the height of her shoulder. It was about two inches thick and circular with a radius of three feet. Enough to stop any blast coming from them. Tien's multiple images flickered around them and Raditz blinked in an effort to steady his returning sight.
 
“I'm not done with you, monkey man,” Tien said. “And you'd better not hurt her. Cause Yamcha's watching you! But I've got other things to do!”
 
With that, Tiens images faded, and they were left alone. Raditz saw Dr. Stellari panting hard as she removed her hand from the barrier she'd created. He caught her easily, holding her close. “You shouldn't do such things woman. I can't risk you getting g yourself hurt idiot!”
 
“Excuse me for saving your ass,” she gasped.
 
To her shock Dr. Stellari saw the nearby GR shake and vibrate. A loud shout echoed across the compound. A bright light flared, nearly searing their eyes though the buildings blocked it. Followed by a shout, the sounds of sizzling ki were soon heard with explosions. Around them the air ionized with charged ki.
 
The scouter over Raditz left eye bleeped with frightening numbers. Dr. Stellari glanced up at him, asking, “What the hell is that?”
 
“That's Nappa's signature,” said Raditz. “And that human who tried to attack me!”
 
“Oh shit… this is not good!”
 
“Why did they attack us? How DARE they accuse me of endangering you!” Raditz demanded.
 
“Yamcha's a fool, but I stopped him. It's Tien I'm worried about. Launch is his girlfriend. And if Nappa and Launch entertained each other the way you and I did… then Nappa's in trouble!”
 
“Nappa's far stronger then me. It's your human friend who should worry,” said Raditz.
 
Raditz strode up; angrily glaring down at the human that struggled to free himself. “You fool, you should die for your accusations!”
 
“Yamcha, get it through your head, he's not going to hurt me!” Dr. Stellari glared down at him.
 
“I only wanted to HELP, sheesh!” said Yamcha. “Damn it!”
 
“You can help by trying to stop Tien from getting killed! Nappa's no pushover!” she glared at him.
 
“Their power levels are almost equal now,” Raditz reported, glaring through his scouter.
 
“Damn… Tien… I told him to wait…” gasped Yamcha. “Shit… But it serves that bastard right for taking Launch!”
 
“Launch agreed of her own free will to save us, idiot!” she yelled at him.
 
“Damn it, didn't she know Tien wouldn't like it!” Yamcha spluttered. Dr. Stellari sighed, and glanced at Puar who snapped back to her floating cat shape.
 
“You'd better help him out, Yamcha,” she squeaked.
 
“Why are you with that… that… Saiyan?” Yamcha asked. Raditz growled again, tugging Dr. Stellari back.
 
“Because he asked me, that's why,” she said simply at Yamcha.
 
“Your boys miss you,” Yamcha said softly to Dr. Stellari. “And Tien's pissed. Considering what your asshole pal almost did to LAUNCH!”
 
“It was her choice, human!” Raditz snapped at him.
 
“Nappa's not gonna get off easy when Tien gets hold of him,” said Yamcha firmly. “And I'm just giving you a heads up. He knows all about what went down here.”
 
“Because you told him?” Dr. Stellari glared at him.
 
“IT was obvious. Launch spilled the whole story. And now Tien's loaded for bear. That's why we tried to trick you so we could talk sense to you, Atomique,” said Yamcha.
 
“Nobody is going to dictate to me what happens to my sons. So you can tell your buddies that unless they want Raditz here to beat the crap out of them you won't dick around!” she yelled at him.
 
“I didn't mean it like that!” Yamcha said. “Shiatsu's pretty damn reluctant to let your children around you when you're with… him.”
 
“Raditz is my husband,” she said quietly. “Not an animal. You'll speak to him with the same respect as you would me or any human being.”
 
“What are you talking about human! Is he holding your sons captive?” Raditz snarled at her.
 
“NO! It's not like that!” Yamcha spluttered.
 
“Where are they, Yamcha, what have you done?”
 
“They're with Shiautzu and Krillen, with Master Roshi at Kame House!” Yamcha spluttered. “Chichi's with them. They won't be hurt I swear!”
 
“You son of a bitch,” said Dr. Stellari angrily. “You had NO right to take such liberties!”
 
“Goku was worried and so was Chichi, okay! Cause I told them! I said I saw you with that animal!” Yamcha cried, his face red with anger. “I didn't want you to be lost to us like Bulma was!”
 
“Yamcha, that's not your right or call. It's sweet of you to care, but you don't know what you're doing!” said Dr. Stellari.
 
“You will pay for this. Those children are under MY protection. And I will not allow you to…” Raditz snapped.
 
“You'll never find them, you alien space trash,” Yamcha spat towards him.
 
“Enough of this you two! We'll talk about this later! But you've got to stop them. People could get hurt,” Stellari sighed.
 
“Why should we free him. He threatened you,” said Raditz. “And your children!”
 
“I get the message. I'm sorry. But excuse me but Nappa murdered us the last time he was alive! Can you blame me for being scared?” Yamcha yelled at Raditz. “And I promise we'll return your kids to you, Atomique. I swear it was only cause you know how persuasive Chichi is! And Gohan and Piccolo are with them! They won't get hurt!”
 
“Later we settle this,” said Atomique with a low growl of her own. “Let's leave him here.”
 
“I agree. It's more then he deserves,” Raditz growled. Grabbing her up they soared away, leaving Yamcha captive in the layers of thick resin. Their flight path took them much closer to the side of one of the buildings. Suddenly Raditz scouter bleeped again.
 
“Who is that?” she asked. They halted their flight, hovering slowly over Capsule's dome. Around them spread Metro West. Thick clouds of smoke billowed up from nearby.
 
“Someone's here,” Raditz said quietly, tightening his grip on her.
 
Suddenly in front of them appeared a figure dressed in red and orange gi. Dark eyes took in the appearance of Dr. Stellari and Raditz. They hovered there in shock to see Goku drifting towards them.
 
“Son Goku,” Dr. Stellari panted. “I…”
 
“So, we meet again, Kakakarot,” said Raditz quietly.
 
“Raditz,” Goku said softly. “What are you doing here?”
 
“I could ask you the same thing… why is Tien attacking us? And Yamcha tried to kidnap me!” Dr. Stellari blurted out.
 
Raditz let her go, holding her by her waist away from his body. “Woman, fly away from here. Let me handle this.”
 
“Don't be stupid!” Dr. Stellari blurted out. She levitated under her own power, shoved away from her husband.
 
“It's been a long time,” Goku said, his eyes narrowed slightly as power crackled around him. “I felt the power from everyone fighting. Looks like I got here in time…”
 
“Your friends tried to take what was rightfully mine from me,” said Raditz. “If you're here to settle things between us, wait till my woman is not here. Then we can fight.”
 
“I'm not here to fight you, Raditz,” said Goku quietly. “I should hate you for what you did, but it's funny how things change over time.”
 
“Surely you don't wish to claim friendship with me now, considering what happened before,” Raditz glanced at him, hovering in a defensive pose. “Get out of here woman, now.”
 
“You're not going to fight him are you?” Dr. Stellari demanded. “You don't stand a chance in hell against him! Goku, you're not going to…”
 
“I don't know, do I have a reason to fight him?” Goku asked, glancing at her. Raditz spanned his hands on either side of his body, legs parted slightly.
 
“Why else are you here with your friends? Then to exact revenge. Don't stand there woman GO! Listen to me!” Raditz barked.
 
“You're awfully worried about her, Raditz,” said Goku, still hovering over capsule with his hands at his hips. He peered from under his dark hair at his brother, expression neutral.
 
“What's it to you, idiot! Are we going to fight or not! That IS why you came isn't it?”
 
“Not when I could defeat you in ten seconds,” Goku said softly. “No Raditz, I don't think it would be a fair fight. And besides, you're not the same as you were. Not when you're worried about someone else being hurt.”
 
“That's none of your business, fool!” Raditz exploded, his eyes flashing with anger. “Don't deny that your allies are attacking Nappa now! The scarred one tried to kidnap my mate!”
 
“Mate huh? Is that so?” Goku asked. “Ms. Stellari, did he force you, or was it your choice?”
 
“I chose to be with him, Goku,” she said, striding up to stand next to Raditz. “Don't ask me why.”
 
“Then I guess we've got no reason to fight,” Goku said as he scratched the back of his head and blinked at Raditz. “Unless you WANT to fight me. But you're not going to win at your power level.”
 
“I'm surprised at you, Kakkarot. I thought you would relish the chance to defeat me once and for all. Is this your sentimental human brainwashing?” asked Raditz.
 
“Maybe. And if you're with her, you'll learn something about us humans,” Goku said. “I mean Vegeta is, with Bulma. And if he can change… I'd hoped you could too.”
 
“You're a fool, Kakkarot,” said Raditz sharply. “Too naïve and trusting. Just as you were before. I didn't ASK for your forgiveness!”
 
“Too bad,” Goku said. “Because how am I going to be able to be around my niece and nephew when Chichi finds out my brother's married?”
 
“What did you say?” Raditz blinked at him. “You must be MAD!”
 
“I don't want us to be enemies. I know what you did in the past was because you had no choice. Working for Freiza screwed all of you up,” he said.
 
“You know NOTHING, fool. Don't presume to judge. And as you said, you don't HAVE a brother, remember?” Raditz glared at him.
 
“I still do. I didn't understand what made you do what you did. And I shouldn't forgive what you tried to do to Gohan. But a funny thing happened. When I fought Frieza and saw Vegeta die, I learned what he did to you. To us… the Saiyan race. And I finally saw why. I didn't agree with it, but I can forgive it,” said Goku.
 
“I can't believe what I'm hearing!” Raditz laughed harshly.
 
“Maybe not, but if I wanted to kill you I could have done it ten seconds ago, and without hurting her,” said Goku. “That scouter can get you into trouble you know.”
 
“You can suppress your true power,” said Raditz. Suddenly the numbers flickered across his screen as Goku's hair flared up. Wind blasted and rocks levitated as Goku spanned his arms and let out a piercing shout. Raditz turned his back to shield Atomique from the slashing energies Goku gathered. Energy surged white-hot as his hair flickered pure gold, and his eyes exploded like beryl coals. The blinding white aura flared with such power that the scouter exploded on Raditz face.
 
“It's not possible… you… can do it too?” he stammered.
 
“Yep,” Goku said as he glanced at his brother trembling in his boots. Raditz felt fear surging through his heart to see his little brother glowing like the legends.
 
“You can't be the Legendary…” he stammered. “I thought the Prince…”
 
“I'm a Super Saiyan. No legendary whatever stuff,” Goku said with a toss of his head. “We can all do it, if we train hard enough. I don't know what you were told as a kid. But even you could. But only if your heart's pure.”
 
“Pure good or pure evil?” asked Raditz.
 
“Maybe evil in Vegeta's case. I came here to ask Bulma why she is with Vegeta. Gohan told me that she and him were Trunk's parents. I didn't want to believe him. And then he sad so himself. Then I heard about you two coming back and I was worried sick. That's why Tien and Yamcha and I came to see if you were okay,” said Goku.
 
“What are you…” Raditz stammered.
 
“A Saiyan. But not like you,” said Goku. “Who's found another reason to fight other then butchering innocents.”
 
“If you don't stop them Tien and Nappa will kill each other,” said Atomique, trembling next to Raditz. It was awesome and terrifying to behold Goku's full power for the first time. She'd seen Vegeta on a monitor but never Goku in this state.
Goku's tower of golden spikes faded to black. Instead of standing up in its Super Saiyan teardrop configuration the spikes wilted back into their haphazard former place. Whatever breath that Raditz and his mate were holding were simultaneously released in a long whoosh. Still Raditz crouched with his right hand raised with the palm flattened towards Son Goku. His other arm slightly pressed Dr. Stellari behind him while his tail wrapped around her waist.
“I'll stop this,” Goku said quietly. “If you'll wait here. I want to talk to you later. But if you get mixed up in this it might make things worse. Where's Vegeta?”
“That's what I'd like to know,” said Stellari.
“His Majesty's whereabouts are not my affair. I'm just a third class soldier,” said Raditz quietly.
Goku blinked, and then turned his gaze to Raditz. “He's here. I think it's better if I explain to him…”
“Are you insane?” Raditz asked. A lavender haired youth shout overhead, passing Goku.
“Looks like someone else is on it,” Goku observed. “Hey there! Trunks!”
“Goku… Raditz… oh man… what the hell…” Trunks stopped.
“Sire!” Raditz barked. “You must have heard…”
“I'm on it! Goku you'd better help me out here! Your friend's killing one of Dad's soldiers, and we've only got seconds to separate `em before my father goes nuclear!” Trunks shouted.
“Right!” Goku called.
“Stay here Raditz and tell Father if he shows up,” Trunks yelled before blasting off.
“You're an idiot! I told you to get away woman,” Raditz grumbled under his breath.
“Since when do I always obey your beck and call, eh?” she shot back.
Their words were heard by another pair of sensitive Saiyan ears. Goku stifled a laugh behind his hand, trying to remain serious. Instinct told him that the old Raditz would have slapped or punched anyone for speaking so freely, but the intimidating stare in Dr. Stellari's eyes matched that of his wife Chichi. Not to mention that both women were generously built in their own right. After casting Raditz a last enigmatic smile, Goku rocketed off after Trunks.
The elder son of Bardock and his human mate hovered twenty feet over capsule in mutual confusion and shock. Against her chest she felt Raditz heart pounding through his armor. Not sure of what to do, she felt his body and muscles trembling spasmodically. Anger surged in and out of his chest, and he struggled to grip his self-control. Reaching up he grabbed the shattered remains of his scouter that he held in one hand.
“Curse that wretch, how did he ruin a perfectly good scouter. There's no WAY he can be that powerful!” Raditz exclaimed.
“Doesn't matter. He is, so you'd better deal with it. And for the record I honor your decision to protect me, but I don't want you slain before you can see your children,” Dr. Stellari berated him. “And I need to find them NOW!”
Raditz nodded. Dark spikes wafted in the breeze, half concealing his frown. He descended towards the ground while holding Dr. Stellari out from him. “No argument from me. But you had best…”
“I'm going to, or there will be hell to pay, Radz-chan,” she glared up at him. Just before he set her down, she pushed back, flaring purple chi around her body. Her white lab coat billowed up and whipped around her legs while loose tendrils of brown hair crackled with static electricity around her head.
“Hold on then, precious one. I'm not holding back on speed,” he said, gripping her under his arm. He positioned her slightly before him while wrapping one gauntlet hand around her. The other he kept at his side. Energy fizzled around them at a greater thickness, shielding Dr. Stellari from the force of the acceleration. He gradually accelerated till he gained altitude, and the ground around them blurred into streaks.
Raditz grumbled and cursed, bemoaning the loss of his scouter. “Drek… this would be the time it would fail.”
“I told you not to rely on that thing,” Dr. Stellari glared at him. “Besides, I can feel them.”
A half hour later they shot across the vast ocean. Unlike before, Dr. Stellari relaxed as much as she dared considering she was angry at the Z warriors in general. Against her back Raditz body hummed with the vibration of his chi, slightly warming her. He heard the minute grinding clicks of her teeth clenching together with frustration. Between them crackled an invisible bond once tenuous as spider webs which now thickened to titanium cables. United in purpose she allowed Raditz mental probes to enter the courtyard of her mind in order to broadcast the sensations she received from her children.
“They are powerful telepaths and telekinetic you said,” Raditz' thoughts clearly chimed in her head.
“Yes. I'm close enough to let them know I'm coming. Telepathy isn't my strong suit. Although my sons and I share a bond, they are the ones who must listen loud. Call it more a gut instinct. It's not quite the same as the feeling I have now,” she muttered.
“Our bond is complete as I said before, precious one,” Raditz repeated aloud, startling her. “You're only now letting me in consciously because you knew that it was easier to think what you feel to my mind directly.”
“Then why the HECK can't you sense chi?” she glared up at him.
“Of COURSE I CAN! I've been working on that. But I'll have you know it's not the same thing as sensing telepathic minds. It's sensing ENERGY with a combination of your five senses. It's humiliating that weak humans can do so more then a Saiyan,” he grumbled.
“C'mon Radz darling, I know you can,” she said with a slight cooing tone in her alto voice. “I mean you've learned a LOT in the past few months, including doubling… no tripling your power level at resting state. And the whole thing with your tail being a liability… well that's NO longer the case.”
“Very true. I have you to thank for assisting me in strengthening my tail sensitivity. I won't have to have idiots harassing me about it. For obvious reasons. And you have not had the privilege of seeing me transform,” he said quietly. “Ten times power when the moon completes its full circle.”
“A full moon phase,” she corrected him. “Sheesh you have a LOT to learn about earth language.”
“Shows how much you know woman. Since we're not SPEAKING in English,” he answered. Raditz clutched her with both arms now, steadying her in his grip. Almost as if he were afraid to lose her.
“What in the Abyss are you talking about?” she trailed off. Dr. Stellari suddenly realized the syllables her mouth had formed were not human. Rather a series of harsh biting guttural grunts and whoops tempered with growls. Twisting her neck around she aimed her face upwards to stare at Raditz's smug smile. His tail wrapped around her waist to hold her so he could let go. Dr. Stellari was twisted around so she could look him face to face while flying along at breakneck speed. Both strong arms bound her behind her back, and she was pressed tightly to his armored form. Her startled gasp was stifled by his lips covering hers in a brief yet heated kiss. Her arms soon wrapped around his neck tightly to return it.
“HEY!” Dr. Stellari protested. Yet she was more annoyed he had stopped then that he had `stolen' a kiss.
“Your pronunciation needs work, but you grasp the language quite nicely. It pleases me to hear our native tongue spoken by a female voice,” he chuckled. Raditz then nipped lightly at her nose with sharp teeth. Thankfully it left no mark. Which was more then could be said for the multiple bruises and nips pock marking her skin.
“How did you DO that?” she glared at him. At the juncture of her neck over the jugular, her rounded bruise mark throbbed. Her eyes flashed momentarily to the matching mark she had made on his neck. A few lateral scratches on his bare muscular arms were still visible from their last all night session. Dr. Stellari kept her nails well manicured despite working in a lab, for they always had sharp acrylic tips.
“At night while our bond formed, our subconscious minds were reaching out to one another. You thought quite loud enough to wake the dead, woman. But the information exchange was two ways. Including a crash course in Saiyianese. You're just not aware you're speaking it now because I'm boosting your comprehension in terms of English,” he smirked.
“That makes no sense, even in the comic book explanation!” she mumbled. “You think you're some kind of Professor Xavier? Sheesh!”
“It's far easier for your human mind to learn a language by comparing it to another then to learn from scratch as we Saiyans do,” said Raditz. She suddenly realized again that he had shifted back to her own speech. Raditz shifted her slightly in his grasp so he could hold her in his left arm facing him. This left his other free for any possible attacks.
“You look way better without that thing on your face,” she said. For a moment she caressed his cheek. Her teeth bit down on his ear not covered by the device, tightly enough to draw blood. Raditz growled with pleasure, hating the fact that he couldn't take her then and there. After all, her children were top priority. Every muscle in his body tensed at that second with anger for the fight to come.
Dr. Stellari hastily added, “Not that it doesn't look attractive in its own way…”
“As do you look far more appealing,” he mumbled. “Without those transparent discs. A pity you're blind without them. If you were Saiyan then it wouldn't matter.”
“It wouldn't be an issue would it? Thank heaven you don't kill blind kids in your culture!” she shuddered.
“Because our bodies would compensate. A `blind' Saiyan is one with eyesight equivalent to a normal human,” he said.
“There,” she said, pointing towards the shape of an atoll sliding into view along the sea of azure ripples.
“I should have guessed. It's much as I remember it. A derelict old shack. But the life forms…” he grumbled.
“Four of them,” Dr. Stellari said, narrowing her eyes. “Two of them are my sons all right… and they're ticked! I pity the other two!”
“You aren't telepathic you said,” he trailed off.
“I can sense my own boys, silly,” she grumbled. “And the other two, their energies are screaming out. At a SHORT distance I can sense ki. But not much better then you can without your scouter!”
“Thanks a lot female,” Raditz grumbled.
“Talk about being blind,” she smirked. Raditz narrowed dark eyes to peer down at the approaching island. He circled a few times to assess what was going on. Instinct told him there were indeed four life forms. If he focused hard enough he could almost discern the bright flairs of ki his brother must sense as a matter of course. Directing tendrils of ki like radar then bounced off the `targets', telling him their magnitude. One was equal to his, while the other was slightly higher. Yet two others were almost equal to that of the human Yamcha he had fought, and they were increasing.
Far below, Raditz saw the front door suddenly blowing open of a small pink shack. He discerned the bald headed warrior flying out of the doorway headlong past the pine trees of the beach. A cloud of sand hovered momentarily. How ironic, Raditz smirked, that one of the weaklings he had encountered on his first visit to this place was present. An image of Krillen smashing through a wall flashed through Dr. Stellari's mind, and she jabbed Raditz in the ribcage.
“That WASN'T funny!” she snapped, glaring up at him.
“I wasn't the idiot who accused me of being drunk,” Raditz smirked. “Now, hold on I'm going to stop, but not land till I know what we're up against.”