Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Conditioned to War ( Chapter 52 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
Conditioned to War
By Trynia Merin
Disclaimer: I don't own the Anime or the Manga. I make no money from the writing of this fan fiction. The fan characters Stellari, Bohr and Fermi belong to me, as does Dr. Minos. Note: Butterfly V had mentioned that Raditz couldn't completely resent his father Bardock since he designed Stellari's armor after it. Good point. I had forgotten to mention that was part of Raditz coming to terms with his past hopefully I can touch on that in a future chapter!
***
 
Goku's mind wandered back to the present moment. He had Trunks to deliver to Bulma, and then his next task would involve what to do next. Instant Transmission was a good thing. Now he had to figure out who would go with him in search of what he sensed was the next danger. Just minutes ago he had reappeared without Trunks. In his pocket he carried several small pistols that Bulma had given him. Then he had asked Stellari to train her scouter ahead. Raditz had put one of his own on, and Goku had narrowed his perceptions to lock onto the one named Bliss.
 
They all hovered above the island where they had found 17 and 18. Goku drifted only a foot from his brother and his sister in law. He swallowed hard, then blinked at them, anticipating the question Stellari gave voice to. "Where's Trunks?" asked Stellari.
 
"Bulma's getting ready to go with him, as soon as she's ready. She asked me to bring these," Goku said, pulling something out of his pocket.
 
"Those are the neutrino disrupters she spoke of," said Stellari.
 
"I've already given a few to Piccolo, Krillen, and Gohan. Chichi also has a few. In case the androids attack. But Trunks was still out cold when I left him at Bulma's," Goku admitted.
 
"What of the Prince?" asked Raditz.
 
"He's spending time in a regeneration tank. Nappa's guarding him. Nappa doesn't know yet that Bliss was taken. And Bulma thinks it's better that way. The last thing we need is for Nappa to go nuts trying to find her. Once Vegeta wakes up, then he and Nappa will go after her. But I think we should beat him to it," Goku said.
 
"What of Tien and Yamcha?"
 
"Piccolo and Krillen have gone after them," said Goku firmly. "Chiautzu is helping to see if he can track Tien's mind through their special bond. It's not going to be pretty…"
 
"The Prince will not be happy when he comes out," Raditz said.
 
"He was badly beaten up by that android," Goku nodded.
 
“Now what?” asked Raditz.
 
“Well we can't just hover here with Bliss in their clutches!” Stellari protested. She turned her back and both Raditz and Goku gaped at the bleeding wound crossing her bare shoulders. With the armor it was apparent she was covered in scratches.
 
“Not with that bruise. Why didn't you TELL me you were hurt?” Raditz asked.
 
“I think we should go someplace less dangerous to think,” Goku said. “Follow me. We need to nurse our wounds and recover.”
 
Stellari and Raditz flew along after Goku. The back of his gi flapped in the wind under the ki envelope rippling over his body. Black spikes waved just a bit from the mass of hair on his head that Stellari watched. She still tingled with the excess energy Gohan had fed into her from his own Super Saiyan transformation. It enabled her to fly as fast as Raditz and Goku were. He banked sharply; flipping head over weighted boots to land in a clearing in the vast forest. Stellari recognized the landscape as that surrounding his childhood home. Raditz and Stellari soared towards Mt. Pauzo, landing moments after Goku. The small pagoda cabin stood much as she and Raditz had left it the day before when they used it as a getaway so chichi and Goku could spend some time together as a couple. Gohan and Fermi and Bohr had stayed with the Ox King, and Raditz and Stellari had remained here.
 
“Always thinking with your stomach, just like a Saiyan,” Raditz chuffed.
 
“Chichi left something. I can smell it,” Goku said, motioning them to enter the small cabin. It was much as she and Raditz had left it. They sat down around the round table while Goku prepared the rest of the food chichi had left. Dishes clattered and Goku soon warmed the leftovers over a hot fire.
Raditz reached under his armor and pulled out a small flat box. Setting it on the table he opened it, and motioned Stellari to move closer. “Come here woman. I need to tend that wound.”
 
“I could gather some ingredients…” Goku offered.
 
“No more of that dead fish and stuff. I have a medical kit,” Raditz waved him off. Goku shrugged and returned to what he was doing. Still he watched Raditz gently undo one of the straps on the green armored vest. Opening one container that was flat like Chichi's container of blush, Raditz dipped his fingers in it. Goku's nose wrinkled at the medicinal tang. Whatever it was, Goku figured it was close in composition to a healing salve. Raditz smeared some on Stellari's cut, and she hissed in pain.
 
“Stay still. Now, relax,” Raditz urged. He covered the bruises and lateral cuts with a fine film of blue paste. Then his ki flared up around his fingers rubbing it into the wound. Goku watched with amazement to see the cuts slowly knitting together before his eyes. Somehow that salve was turning Raditz ki into a healing poultice.
 
“But that's gonna leave scars!” Goku protested, plunking down a huge dish of rice in the center of the table. He tossed three pairs of chopsticks to them and Raditz glared at him.
 
“So what? Scars are a sign of prowess!”
 
“Maybe to you!” Goku glared.
 
“Guys ENOUGH!” Stellari snapped. “Let's just eat, thank you very much!”
 
“Good idea!” Goku nodded. He shoved a bowl of rice and steamed vegetables mixed with chicken and beef before Raditz.
 
Stellari groaned when she saw the huge portion he set before her. “I can't eat all of this!”
 
“Whoops I forgot,” Goku grinned, eyes shut and scratching the back of his neck.
 
“Not to worry,” Raditz said. “You start and I'll finish.”
 
Then they ate rapidly waiting for Goku to bring up whatever subject he wanted. It was prudent to eat and nurse the wounds that they had sustained. Raditz and Goku's chopsticks moved in a continuous blur accompanied by the clink of crockery and the slurps and gulps. Raditz gave up and used his fingers to shove food into his mouth, causing Stellari to grimace. Goku didn't seem to mind, and she ate enough to sate her own ache.
 
The better half of a day passed before wounds healed, and Vegeta was finally ready to emerge from his tank. Instead of taking a whole day, it had only required a fraction of the time. Soon the Prince, Bulma, and Trunks wended their way towards the Son home to pick up their allies.
 
"Goku, Professor Stellari!" called a feminine voice. Someone's white boots touched down, ending to thighs encased in blue spandex. A white armored vest identical to Vegeta and Trunks encased a sizable bosom. Blue eyes a shade of Cerulean glanced through a pink lens scouter at the Son house.
 
"Bulma?" Stellari swallowed hard. She rushed out of the Son house.
 
"Are you all right Hon? I got Goku's message…" Bulma said. Her blue hair was twisted up into a French braid, and Stellari saw a silver circlet worked with some jewels holding it back. That diadem didn't look familiar.
 
"Why are we waiting, Bliss could be dead! And my children…" Stellari started.
 
"I know hon, I know," Bulma said, dropping to hug her friend. At least her body was warmer then Stellari's felt right now though it was encased in gleaming elite and gold armor. Bulma's arms were also bare, but she wore what looked like a white cape around her shoulders. Her white gloves stretched past her elbow, and her boots rose just above her knees.
 
"I thought you were with Vegeta and Trunks," said Stellari.
 
"Trunks and Nappa searched for signs of Bliss everywhere, but we can't find a trace of 17 or 18. Trunks was so angry I thought it was better to call him off the search till Vegeta recovered. And Vegeta's nearby here, and he's furious. I figured it was best that we all met in one place and decided what to do before anyone else rushed off half cocked," said Bulma.
 
"But Krillen, Gohan and Piccolo have gone after Tien and Yamcha, just to keep tabs on them!" said Bulma.
 
Nearby they heard the thump of white boots tipped in gold as Vegeta, and then Trunks landed. Both were tense with anger, followed by Nappa's hulking form. They assembled behind Bulma who stood next to Stellari.
 
"You ready to come back with the rest of us? Vegeta needs to know everything you've told Goku and Raditz. Before we all decide what's to be done," said Bulma.
 
"Is it so smart to let him decide when he's licking his wounds?" Trunks asked. "Oh, Professor, are you okay?"
 
"I've been better. I just hope that Chichi and my kids are all right," she shivered.
 
"I've had Goku go back and send them to Capsule so they can be with my parents. It's safer there now for everyone," said Bulma.
 
Goku appeared out of nowhere, startling them. Raditz stood next to him and quickly moved over to stand next to Stellari. Gently he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Long dark hair draped around her shoulders and Stellari leaned into his chest. He said nothing, simply kneeling next to his mate and holding her close.
 
"It's okay Bulma. We got Chichi and the kids squared away with your parents," said Goku.
 
"Don't worry, precious one, they're safe. The Princess' parents have many deterrents. Far safer to protect all our young together," said Raditz, rubbing Stellari's shoulder.
 
"I know."
 
"Professor, Raditz, follow us!" Vegeta snapped. "We must withdraw elsewhere and talk!"
 
"Vegeta I don't want to argue with you now," Goku said softly.
 
"Just hear us out, Goku," said Bulma, laying a hand on his arm.
 
"All right Bulma," Goku nodded.
 
A half-hour later, they had all met up in the remote Capsule training ground where the Saiyans had remained. Just what sort of action plan would take place was being debated in the small sitting area of one of the temporary Capsule huts. Vegeta paced angrily around while Trunks sat tearing up small pieces of napkin to toss into a dustbin. Nappa stood with crossed arms to the left, his eyes stormy with fury towards those who stole his daughter. Tension crackled so fiercely in the small room that it could be felt tingling on everyone's skin causing tiny hairs to stand on end. Bulma knew the Prince had to seize control using all his skills both natural and trained. Goku was a natural charismatic leader, but Vegeta was bred and groomed for the same task. Saiyan Pride dictated Vegeta would be the one to seize control. Now he was making his play for power.
 
"What now, Bulma? Do we split up or what?" Goku asked.
 
"I've got to go after Bliss, whether you guys come or not!" said Trunks.
 
"What's all this blathering about! We need a plan damn it!" Vegeta's harsh voice cut in. "Kakkarot, took you damn long enough to get back. Is your family safe?"
 
"Yes Vegeta," said Goku. "But I don't know if we should move till we get something straight."
 
"That being?"
 
"You almost got killed…"
 
"Kakkarot, you'd better not push me! I have a right to choose…" Vegeta snapped.
 
"Father, 18's far more powerful than…" Trunks started to say. He snapped his mouth shut when Vegeta glared dangerously at him.
 
"I will NOT tolerate insubordination!" Vegeta snapped.
 
"Maybe so, but we need a plan, Vegeta. And you'll have OTHER Chances to get revenge," Nappa suddenly interrupted. "With all due respect sire. The Third Class DOES have a point. We need a way to counter that shielding on those tin cans!"
 
"So what do you suggest, Kakkarot? I will turn them into SCRAP!"
 
"We've got another problem, Sire. Another possible Android," Raditz interrupted.
 
"This so called 21, eh, Professor?" Vegeta glared at Stellari. She struggled to sit up, guided by Raditz.
 
"21… you must have heard about that from Raditz," she said quietly.
 
"I'm more worried about menaces that I can face now. Anything else is irrelevant till it shows its face, Professor," said Vegeta quietly, looking down at her.
 
"I want to know!" Bulma said sharply.
 
"Very well," Vegeta relented, rolling his eyes.
 
"It was called Android 21. Gero took blood samples of all the best martial artists in the world. Chablis was part of that project. They took Saiyan DNA and tried to combine it with human to create the perfect fighter. Gero didn't like genetic engineering. He said straight robotics was the key. But another scientist disagreed. Dr. Minos, his brother was working on the project that created the other telepaths and me. We were all the result of genetic engineering to bring out the most powerful soldiers," said Stellari.
 
"Wow…" whispered Goku. "You mean like Blue?"
 
"Yes. Blue and I knew each other all too well. Violet and Scarlett. I was called Silver. But I decided NOT to do what they asked and I freed Bliss from Minos' labs. Gero found out, and I was to be liquidated. Luckily you happened Goku, and because you decimated the Red Ribbon army, the threat was contained. But we were wrong," said Stellari.
 
"And then you came to work for capsule," Goku nodded.
"That's right," Bulma nodded.
 
"Why didn't they do something about the bases?" Vegeta glared at them, pacing the room.
 
Bulma inhaled a deep sigh, "We assumed they'd been abandoned. The King of the World sent agents to liquidate any assets. As far as we knew, the labs had been blown up. But it seems that Gero manipulated computer records to fool the entire world. And if 18 and 19 exist, that means that 21 exists."
 
"You have got to be kidding, I never knew about this," Trunks gasped, his eyes widening in horror. "I mean Mother and I in my time heard about 21 but we never thought that it had been built!"
 
"It… It's called the Cell project. We didn't think any progress had been made," said Stellari. "All I know is that a lot of my plastics went into it. And my ex husband's genetic research also was used. He worked alongside Minos. "
 
"Dr. Minos," Trunks made a face. "Damn it. I thought he'd been killed with Gero… but he might still be alive in this time!"
 
Stellari nodded, shivering, "That's why the Androids want me. They want revenge for me joining Capsule and stealing Chablis from them. They were trying to make her into an Android as well as use her DNA to make android 21."
 
"Android 21…are we SURE he wasn't ever made?" Bulma swallowed hard.
 
"It wasn't just Bliss whose DNA was used. The blood samples of many fighters, including you and Piccolo, and who knows who else was collected," Stellari answered, fixing them in her dark gaze.
Trunks ran his hands through his hair violently. He stammered, "But Mom and I when we tried to learn about the androids, we heard all the experiments were colossal failures. That's why Gero resorted to purely artificial humans made from cybernetic parts instead of being cloned!"
 
" But if Minos succeeded, then we've got worse problems then 17 and 18!" Stellari stammered.
"How's that?" Vegeta shuddered.
 
"21's schematics included the ability to absorb genetic material and combine it with its own," Stellari started.
 
"Wait a minute… that is NOT good!" Bulma interrupted. She had suddenly pieced things together. Her scientific brain reeled with the implications. Vegeta felt the rush of deadly fear when Stellari nodded.
"You may have guessed it Bulma," said Stellari.
 
"Care to share it with us?" asked Vegeta impatiently.
 
Bulma drew in a deep sigh, "You know 13, 14 and 15? If they had survived, any one of those three could have taken the parts of its brothers and mad itself stronger…. If what Stellari is saying is correct…"
 
"Mom, you mean that 21 could do the same thing with 20, 19, 18 and 17!" Trunks said angrily.
 
"Damn, are you kidding?" Vegeta asked.
 
"Yes your majesty. If 18 were destroyed, or 16, 17 could simply absorb their body parts and grow stronger. Make a super android. But if 21 did the same… then we'd all be doomed," Stellari whispered.
 
"We have to make sure that doesn't happen!" Trunks snarled, slapping his hand into his fist.
 
Nervously Stellari fumbled with her hands, "I had hoped it was just a theory, but now that I've seen 17 and 18…"
"You acted like you knew them," said Raditz.
 
"Yes, care to explain that, Professor?" Vegeta demanded, striding over to her.
 
"Please tell us," said Bulma.
 
"I knew 17 and 18 when they were human. They were just two orphaned twins that were sucked into Red Ribbon's program and brainwashed into thinking Gero was their father."
 
Trunks' features twisted further into a frown identical to Vegeta's. He snarled, " In all intents and purposes he is. He's taken the worst parts of humanity and enhanced them to make a 'better' life form, Father."
 
"And I helped in some small way to make him do it," Stellari said.
 
"That's why you say you're no better then the Saiyans?" asked Raditz quietly.
 
"Yes. In my own way, I'm just like you, Nappa and Vegeta. I contributed to making a weapon, which could wipe out an entire planet. And already those weapons have killed many," said she.
 
"Why do you compare your humanity to us, Professor?" Vegeta snapped at her angrily. "What you see as a weakness is what makes you a strong warrior!"
 
"Vegeta, stop it!" Bulma said. "Don't you get it?"
 
"Father, please. I know what she's saying," said Trunks.
 
"Don't you see that doesn't matter?" Raditz suddenly interrupted.
 
"You're finally showing some sense, whelp," Vegeta smirked. "Such weak regrets are useless to us now. Because you know what created these tin cans, your so-called regrets can be our greatest weapons to defeat them! Do not DARE downplay your past because it makes you who you are!"
 
"I… didn't realize that," Stellari said.
 
"You are a fool, Professor. Don't think you have the luxury of feeling guilt. Your whole planet wasn't obliterated by Freiza. So stop sulking about your past and get over it! I will not have the mate of one of my soldiers trying to evoke weak human sympathy!" Vegeta growled.
 
"Vegeta…" Bulma said.
 
"He is right, precious one. Put it aside. Focus on the now," Raditz urged. Stellari swallowed hard, putting up a hard mask to hide her emotions.
 
"Father," Trunks shook his head. Bulma stopped him with a hand on his arm, shaking her head violently in the negative.
 
"It doesn't matter," Goku suddenly interrupted. "You made a better choice, Stellari. You and Raditz. Vegeta's right. The past is the past. Let it be!"
 
"Enough of this drivel. None of us will rest till those androids are toast," Vegeta said.
"Do I need to stay? Or go?" asked Stellari.
 
"You will stay, and that's an order. Let Kakkarot's mate care for your brats. Not when your power and Bulma's are the only things effective against the tin cans!" Vegeta said harshly. "How can we counter this plastic?"
 
"The only way is to make your ki a frequency that will shatter it, or use an acid to cut through," Stellari said. She sat in the corner, hugging her knees quietly. Raditz sat next to her, lightly resting his arm around her shoulders.
 
"Or use the neutrino disrupters," said Bulma.
 
"Woman, can you train Kakkarot and the other Saiyans to use your plastic techniques?" Vegeta asked.
 
"I think so, Sire," said Stellari. "But the plastic will disrupt Android ki and protect against it. It won't help destroy the androids completely. They have infinite batteries. The only thing you can do naturally is raise your Saiyan ki to a level that MATCHES the frequencies of Bulma's neutrino disrupters. Goku and you can be Super Saiyans, but the energy output isn't the right wavelength. It must be far shorter. And to do that your levels must be double what they are now!"
 
"It is possible…" Goku nodded. "There might BE a level beyond Super Saiyan."
 
"Even if that is so, we don't have the time to piss away, Kakkarot!" Vegeta snapped.
 
"Wait, why not develop a modulator to change your ki to the right sort?" asked Bulma.
 
"You will find a way to coat our armor to make it impervious to the android's ki," said Vegeta to Stellari. "And then you and Raditz will go with Kakkarot to deal with this 21! Trunks, and I will take on 18 and 17 with assistance from Nappa. And you Bulma will work on more Neutrino disrupters. Let the Namek and the son of Kakkarot and Baldie continue their mission."
 
"I think it won't take long to get these adapted so they'll work with your ki," said Bulma. "Maybe it can somehow change your energy so you wont' have to learn new techniques."
 
"But the type of power I'm talking about could overload them," said Stellari. "Saiyan ki is very energetic. Your circuits in your pistols only have a short-term effect. The Androids can learn to compensate."
 
"Or else we can train harder," Goku said. "Perhaps if we had time to train and develop our ki to match the disrupter frequency so we don't' have to use machines."
 
"Where are we going to have that time, Kakkarot? Those tin cans are out there mocking me!" Vegeta snarled.
 
"Excuse me, I need some air," Stellari said softly. She exited the capsule hut and strode out along the training grounds while Vegeta and Bulma took their attention from her.
 
"There's a place on Kami's lookout. Only two people can enter at a time, but one day of training there is like a year…" said Goku scratching his head.
 
"Is that so?" asked Vegeta. "You'd better not be putting me on!"
 
"Father, if that's the case, you and I can use Mom's inventions till she makes more. Goku and Gohan can train for a day, and try and learn how to modify their ki to the right frequencies… Then if the devices don't work well enough or burn out," said Trunks.
 
"Sounds good, boy," said Vegeta. "Can you and the brat train in a day?"
 
"Yes. Gohan and I can become much stronger," said Goku. "And you and Trunks can as well. But the room I'm talking about you can only stay there for a maximum time of two days… or two years in your whole lifetime."
 
"Then you and the brat will enter first for a few hours, or months," Vegeta said. "If Trunks and I cannot find Chablis, we will enter next."
 
"Chichi won't like it," Goku said quietly.
 
Raditz voice cut in: "There's another way, Sire."
 
"What?" Vegeta snapped.
 
"Let Stellari and me train for a time. If I can reach the next level of Super Saiyan…"
 
"I will need the woman and you out here. You will go after Nappa and Trunks," said Vegeta. "And as for the woman, she is already trained in combat. And haven't you already trained with Kakkarot?"
 
"True, but…"
 
"Where is that mate of yours, Raditz?" asked Vegeta.
 
"I think she went for a walk," said Raditz.
 
"Damn it…"
 
"I'll find her, sire," said Raditz quietly. He ducked out of the building quickly with a muttered, "Excuse me."
 
"Trunks, Nappa, go with Kakkarot. I hope it won't take more then six months for Nappa to achieve Super Saiyan," Vegeta said.
 
"Dad…"
 
"You need to have a clear mind, Trunks. I know you have… certain appetites towards the girl. But you cannot let those emotions cloud your thinking," said Vegeta not unkindly.
 
Bulma sighed. The sounds of Nappa's footsteps echoed as he and Trunks moved close to where Goku was standing. Reluctantly Goku led them both and bid them rest their hands on his shoulders. Soon they were gone. No scouter could track them at that moment.
 
***