Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Atomic Transfer ( Chapter 61 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. The manga belongs to Viz/Shonen Jump, and is written by Akira Toriyama. The anime belongs to Toei Animation Company Ltd. I'm only borrowing the characters for use in this fanfiction. I make no money from this and it means no harm to the series. I own Stellari though!
***
Royal Namekian Blues
Atomic Transfer
 
Infinity batteries, Raditz thought. That's what he realized she had attenuated the scouters to trace. The minute pulses of the unique power surging through the android's system. Not discernible to any of them save the traces of technology. It seemed appropriate to fight fire with fire.
 
Now Raditz surged with anger and the vengeance to take back what was rightfully his. Moments before his scouter buzzed with the energies of two traces heading towards their home. Goku felt his brother's ki spike, and he turned 180 degrees in his flight.
 
"Raditz what…"
 
"Something's attacking our home! Those tin cans!"
 
"Damn," Goku cursed. He swung around himself, surging after Raditz as fast as he could fly. Around them blurred the evening and stars into streaks of urgency to outpace whatever threat was posed by the androids.
 
When at last they felt the massive flaring of ki, they saw Piccolo gripping his side. A hovering figure traded blows with him. Barely was he managing to hang on as a familiar shape rained him with blows. Not hard enough to kill, but enough to keep Piccolo from being able to divide his attention. "It's Tienshinhan!" Goku gasped.
 
"Stellari!" Raditz gritted, his face filling with horror.
 
"I'll handle this! Go!" Goku shouted. Raditz grunted in understanding, then rocketed towards the other source. Lying on the ground were two traces barely flickering to life. Landing, Raditz rushed up to the first. It was Chichi, lying on the sofa but breathing easily in a state of unconsciousness. Realizing she was unhurt Raditz rushed to the other trace.
 
"Gohan!" he shouted, seeing his nephew lying amongst the wreckage of what had once been the Son's home. A good portion of the building was in shambles, while most of the bedroom and kitchen remained. Pushing off bits of masonry and sofa, Raditz reached the half saiyan's side. Covered with bruises and blood, Gohan's head twisted to one side. He murmured, "Can't let you win…"
 
"Gohan! What happened?" Raditz sharply demanded, crouching over him. Gently he probed for any broken bones. A few cracked ribs and a broken leg and arm met his sense and he growled low. Barely hanging to consciousness Gohan's eyes fluttered open and he looked up with relief at Raditz.
 
"They… they took the babies. I tried but I couldn't stop them. I'm sorry, Uncle Raditz!" he coughed. A trickle of blood burst down his gi. Gently Raditz moved his head and shoulders onto his knees and supported Gohan's neck.
 
"You fought hard like a true warrior. I must get you aid," Raditz murmured.
 
"Mother… is she…"
 
"Your mother is out cold, but she's alive with no major damage. You on the other hand…"
 
"Sensu beans… I think… I can't reach them, I hurt too badly. I can't let them get away with it…"
 
"Who did this?"
 
"Android 17… he called himself. I couldn't stop him. He was too strong… he took them… took the babies. I'm sorry," Gohan groaned before passing out. Angrily Raditz picked up Gohan and found a few cushions to rest his nephew's battered body on. He quickly grabbed pieces of wood and tore strips from the curtains nearby. Soon he splinted Gohan's injured leg and arm to protect them while he moved onto something else.
 
Then his nostrils twitched with the smell of more blood. He rushed outside to its source, realizing he was so concerned with helping Gohan that he had missed it entirely. Burned flesh flared his senses when he came upon the curved female body lying there on the ground. Dark hair matted with blood, she lay still.
 
"Mother!" Raditz shouted. He bent down to grab her head and shoulders. Barely the spark of life flickered in her. Slowly he seized her head and shoulders trying to rouse her, but only a pale rasp of breath hissed over her lips.
 
"Gohan!" Goku shouted. Raditz gathered his mother's form onto his lap, fighting the angry tears.
 
"He's over there, Brother!" Raditz barked, flicking his head back. Slowly he lifted his mother's battered body and carried her towards where Goku hunched over Chichi and Gohan. Considerately Raditz had lain mother next to son so they could be easily found for attention he could not give.
 
"Chichi's okay, but Gohan… oh no…"
 
"They will pay for this Kakakrot!" Raditz snarled. "Look what these things did to Mother!"
 
"Oh no… quick… I think there are some sensu beans there…" Goku said, rushing over to dig through the rubble.
 
"It's too late she can't eat them in her state!"
 
"Goku!" shouted Piccolo, staggering over the ruined bits of wall.
 
"Get Gohan and Chichi, we've got to fly them to safety," said Goku angrily.
 
"Mother… she's hurt, and Stellari…" Raditz trembled, standing with his mother's body limply draped over his arms.
 
"Goku, use that damn instant transmission and take everyone to a hospital. I'll take that sensu and help Raditz track the others down! I'm sure 17 went the same way Tien flew off to," Piccolo said, snatching the bag from his hand. He quickly helped himself to one, and tucked the pouch in his belt sash.
 
"Please brother, she's close to death! And I see no sign of father!" Raditz lamented.
 
"I promise I'll come help you! Do you know what direction Tien flew to?" asked Goku.
 
"I'll go after him. And I've got a feeling that you'll go after your woman, Saiyan," Piccolo grunted to Raditz.
 
"Those bastards will beg for mercy when I'm finished with them," said Raditz through clenched teeth.
 
"I'll be right back. I promise," Goku said, reaching for Kinoha's body. Gently he lay her next to his son and Chichi, then squatted down to wrap and arm around all of them. He managed to touch the fingers of his other hand to his forehead and snatch them all away.
 
"So that coward flew off?" Raditz exhaled.
 
"Yeah. I guess he was just a cover. He didn't do lethal damage. But whatever did this to Gohan is going to pay. I wouldn't mind joining your little vendetta for his sake. Enough's enough," Piccolo nodded.
 
"Good, then we're of one mind, Namekian," Raditz nodded.
 
"Let's get those sons of bitches, with or without Goku," said Piccolo, with a mean grin on his green face. "You can track Tien with your toy, right?"
 
"Yes. And get my family back," Raditz nodded. "Follow me, green man!"
 
Both of them blasted off, leaving the ruins of the home they had once thought was safe. United in purpose they followed the traces of Raditz' scouter. A gold trail and a violet trail lit up the night with their brilliance then faded.
 
A green comet blazed in a similar direction, and for a similar purpose. As he sliced through the air with his ki, Bardock slowly marshaled his body's energy and reached for a bar of food concentrate in his belt. He nibbled on it as he followed the pinging bleeps of his scouter.
 
"Stupid son of a bitch. Nobody takes my daughter in law and gets away with conking me out!" Bardock cursed. Blood trickled down his forehead from the gash he'd suffered when the android carrying Stellari had thrown him headlong into a pile of rocks. It had knocked him out long enough for whoever to be long gone. Still Bardock had his scouter, and could follow Stellari's life trace with ease.
 
He traced it towards the distant sea, and his face curved in a mean smirk. Suddenly two huge battle blips beeped on the edge of his scouter's range, and he grunted. Narrowing his eyes at the large exponential numbers he saw their course was taking him to the same destination. "Must be Kakkarot and that Namekian. I'm sure those bums will try and take the fun from me. More the merrier I say."
 
Still they were miles away, and Bardock had at least a thirty-minute's head start from them. Summoning more strength he surged his body with energies and soon the night air cracked with the sound of his sonic boom. Bardock could ironically fly faster then either Piccolo or Raditz when hard pressed. Not caring if those androids could see his power trace he blazed over the inky blackness of the sea below. In his wake the white waters stirred up with the green blaze reflected. Bardock lowered his flight path to a few thousand feet above the waves. Mist flew up, partly obscuring him from any visual tracking.
 
At last his sharp Saiyan eyes spotted the shape of an island below. He righted his course and swooped down towards it, circling about. Then he dropped his altitude so he was only a few feet from the sea surface. With his emerald ki he stirred up more of the seawater to choppy foam, blending it with the surging waves crashing on the beech. After creating his foaming vortex the waves suddenly broke more heavily against the beaches.
 
In the distraction Bardock landed and clamped down his ki like Goku had once told him. Slowly he levitated just above the ground. His scouter pinged with three traces now, just inside the large craggy mountains rising in the center of the island's interior. Through the trees he flew stealthily, then turned off his scouter. Smells and sounds of the jungle came to him, and he smelled a trace of Stellari's scent.
 
It took him to the huge double doors marked with two sideways triangles with their points merged. Two R's in either triangle told Bardock he was close. Slowly he made his way around to the doors, and pressed himself into the rock wall when he heard voices. First one, then another rush of air told him someone had taken flight. In that moment the door was open, Bardock shot his body through at hyper speed into the gloom of the interior. Behind him the doors clanged shut.
 
Only minute blips of light pinged around him. He crept on all fours, smelling Stellari and the scent of two Saiyan whelps. His grandchildren no doubt. Loud cries squalled in his sensitive ears, giving him a direction. Ki clamped to zero, Bardock meandered through the warren of hallways till the sounds of the cries were loud and he energized into sound and light. From one angle came the flickering buzz of circuits, while the smell of a petroplastic right next to it wafted his nostrils with ozone.
 
He heard two voices among the female one, "What will you do now, master?" asked the tenor voice.
 
"Stay here and guard the woman. I'm gonna go after the main show," said the gritty accented bass voice.
 
"I thought you were going to wait till the games," said the first.
 
"A little P.R. won't hurt. Besides, 16 will make sure the boy doesn't decide to get an attitude on him. I've gotta let the good folks know who's gonna save them from those space monkeys. Your job is to keep the broad and her brats on ice till your buddy gets back."
 
"I wish you'd let Tien stay here with me instead of chasing off after Krillen and Chautzu. But if we can convince them you're on our side I guess it's worth it," said the younger male voice. Slowly Bardock crawled behind the furniture and huddled behind the large armchair that creaked with the weight of its occupant. Long black hair spilled over the back, and he smelled the petroplastic of an android sitting in it. Peering around he saw the massive hulk of an Android standing nearby, and a sofa where a woman lay with two babies wrapped in her arms.
 
"Wait a minute, I'm sensing some eavesdroppers," said 13.
 
"Who?"
 
"Well well, seems like we have two uninvited guests. Stay here and I'll teach those varmints not to crash a party, boy," 13 said.
 
"But I can…" Yamcha started.
 
"Shut up and stay here! It's time to test what these parts can do!" 13 answered. With each step the whole floor vibrated. Bardock crouched in wait for the larger android's departure, then squeezed himself down to find a chance to strike.
 
Clearly the other one was on guard duty. His eyes peered around the back of the chair, and he wondered if the android could detect him. Stellari blinked as one of the babies began to cry again. Behind Bardock the chair stirred and its occupant stood up. Judging from the voices Bardock could picture what they must have been doing even though he dared not look.
 
"They get hungry pretty quick don't' they?" he said.
 
"Yamcha, you're still here?" she asked. Yamcha, that was one of the warriors turned tin can, Bardock remembered.
 
"I'm protecting you, of course," Yamcha answered. "You should eat something."
 
"Aren't you afraid I'll try to escape," Stellari said in a slight mocking tone.
 
"Go ahead and feed them. I don't mind watching a woman nurse. And if you need formula, there's plenty here."
 
"Yamcha, I'm not going topless for your benefit," she answered. Something sounded like a sheet landing on a surface and he guessed it was something Yamcha threw so Stellari could drape it around her.
 
"I'd stay there if I were you, Stellari," Yamcha warned. "I may have my back turned but I can tell if you try anything. Your ki flares just when your plastic's being formed. I've watched you and I know how to stop you. Don't try to escape or I might have to hurt you."
 
"You don't want to hurt anybody, I know," she said. Yamcha's voice diminished and he heard the sounds of a cooling unit opening and shutting. Footsteps passed where Bardock scrunched himself behind the leather recliner, and he was nonplussed Yamcha hadn't detected him.
 
The sound of a bottle being passed and the sheet rustling told Bardock that one of the brats was now being bottle fed while the buckling of a strap indicated she had refastened her armor. He had seen Stellari set one twin on her lap to suckle at a breast while she held the other sitting atop the privacy sheet. Her wrist curled around to prop a bottle in the infant's mouth. That way she could hold both Saiyans on her lap, sitting with her body braced at the end corner of a sofa. Judging by the quiet he knew they were again nursing in this manner.
 
"I could hold one," Yamcha said. Again the recliner creaked, and the back pushed Bardock against the floor when the lever was pushed back.
 
"Stay back, I can handle. I've had more then enough 'help' from you already, Yamcha," she said sternly.
 
"Stellari, please, I'm only doing this for you…"
 
"Bullshit. You attack my home, scare my children and my family. What gives you the right to take such liberties?" asked Stellari. A whimper came and he heard a change in position as someone was being leaned over a knee and a hand applied gently to burp a child. Stellari would lay the Saiyan baby across her arm resting on the sofa, patting its back to burp it, then return it to nurse at the bottle. From the sounds of the whimper he knew it was Planck, the boy who was bottle-feeding.
 
"Stellari, don't say such things," came a quiet threat. Again the recliner shifted, and Bardock felt the human sitting up erect. Slowly the steps moved towards Stellari's voice and he heard the creak of a weight on another piece of furniture.
 
"Stay back and do you duty, Yamcha," she said.
 
"Relax, I'm only trying to help as I said before. Just because you're being held here doesn't mean we can't be friends like we were," he said. "Can't you hear me out? The Androids aren't going to harm humankind, they're going to protect us!"
 
"You honestly believe that?" she asked.
 
"13 has stopped 17, 18 and 16 from killing anyone else. The minute Tien and I joined them, 13 saw we were only trying to help. He asked the computer to give us upgrades. So we could protect Earth. They scanned our minds and we showed the computer how wrong it was to let the other units kill. Tien and I won't allow them to destroy anyone!"
 
"That may be, but 13 wants to kill Goku," said Stellari sharply.
 
"Again Tien convinced 13 the logic of holding the Android Games. If 13 is defeated in battle with Goku, he will let him live. Provided the other Saiyans are forced to leave Earth never to return he will spare Goku's life," said Yamcha.
 
"That's ridiculous! The Saiyans have no place to go," she snorted. "And if Raditz goes, I leave with him."
 
"I hoped you wouldn't think that necessary. You really think he wants to stay tied to one planet and time? Who knows how many women he might have promised to be with? He's a killer, like all Saiyans. Goku's the only one I trust! And I'll do whatever it takes to make sure he and us stay alive!" said Yamcha fiercely.
 
"You're wrong," she said. "I love Raditz. He's my husband and nobody can separate us. He'd die before he let you…"
 
"Stellari, he's an animal. He's turned you against me. I only care for Fermi and Bohr. I even care for these two precious children here. With the right parenting they'll be peace loving just like Gohan," said Yamcha.
 
"Give it up. I'm not going to betray Raditz and that's final!"
 
"You're a human being! How can you think they will come in peace? By the time 13's plan goes through, no Saiyan on Earth will be safe! You might as well accept that your children are safer with me protecting you! I have the power now to do so! I'd do anything to make sure that yo…"
 
"Yamcha, stop it!" Stellari shouted. The sounds of two babies whimpering came with the creak of a sofa, and the rustle of cloth.
 
"Let me help you please! Raditz and Vegeta just want to conquer earth and use it as a stepping stone to conquer other worlds! You can't change the Saiyans! Only Goku and Gohan and Trunks can be trusted, and that's because they were brought up as humans!" Yamcha said. "What does this Raditz give you that I can't?"
 
"Keep AWAY From us, I mean it!" Stellari shouted. A loud smacking slap caused Bardock to wince.
 
"You shouldn't have done that, Stellari," said Yamcha in a low tone. "I'll forgive you but you'll only convince me more that the Saiyans have corrupted you."
 
"Don't you dare lay a finger on my children, you bastard," Stellari gritted.
 
"Your power level is far too low. You'd endanger your children just to fight me? Stellari please, this isn't the right way! Don't' make me fight you!"
 
"Enough is enough," Bardock grunted. He caught a glimpse of Stellari backing away with both howling Saiyan babies clutched to her. The strap of one side of her armor waved while trying to keep the armor decently covering her left breast by holding Radzia there.
 
Yamcha's hand blazed with energy. "I suppose I'll have to do this the hard way," he said. A sphere grew slowly to life flicking with rainbow sparkles.
 
"What the hell are you thinking?" she demanded. Gathering her energy a thin film of plastic suddenly flickered to life between her and Yamcha.
 
"The spirit ball won't hurt you or the babies. But if you can't keep calm awake, then asleep is just as good. It'll just knock you out so I can take care of your children and prove to you I won't harm them," Yamcha said sadly.
 
From behind the sofa Bardock launched himself. Yamcha turned to sense the flare of ki, but not before Bardock could lock his hand and arm around his neck in a sleeper hold. "Stellari, get out of here now!" Bardock shouted.
 
"What the… Father!" she shouted. Caught off guard, Yamcha's spirit ball sizzled up and wildly bounced around the room.
 
"GO, now!" Bardock gritted. "Run!"
 
Biting her lip she grabbed her children and rushed away. Bardock squeezed tightly, but Yamcha suddenly braced himself and flicked his body. Bardock sailed across the room, smashing into a wall. With a flick of his wrist Yamcha gained control of his spirit ball.
 
"You'll pay for that, bastard!" Yamcha hissed. Bardock shook himself off; standing between Stellari's retreating form and the Z warrior.
 
"C'mon, try me, you coward," Bardock meanly grinned. Gesturing with a red wristband he took a fighting stance.
 
"So de kan!" Yamcha shouted, flicking his fingers. The whizzing sphere suddenly crashed towards Bardock, whizzing back and forth before he could stop it. Blinding pain ripped through Bardock's body as the spirit ball penetrated his heart and vital organs, only to whiz up and zoom down again. Yamcha's scarred face twisted into a frown as he directed the sphere, which grew to the size of a bowling ball. With each impact Bardock arched his body in agony.
 
Meanwhile Stellari broke into a desperate run. Holding her babies she reached the door and kicked it open with her foot. Thanks to her greater strength the door swung enough so she could squirm out. Holding tightly she felt the tails of her babies wrapping onto her arms to hold and they quieted against her. Small hands grabbed her hair and body and Stellari pushed off the ground with one foot. She rapidly soared up over the island, her babies safely in her arms.
 
Bardock's angry howls of pain echoed in her ears. He had given his life for her freedom and she knew that for his sacrifice to be of worth she would flee.
 
***
 
Suddenly out of the nothingness two figures exploded. Stellari felt intense relief to see Piccolo and Raditz soaring at full pace towards them.
 
"Precious one!" shouted Raditz.
 
"Raditz, it's Father, he's getting slaughtered!" she cried.
 
"Go now!" Raditz shouted. "He's mine!"
 
"Dammit where's Goku when you need him?" asked Piccolo.
 
"Get her out of here! This is my fight!" said Raditz.
 
"No way, I'm NOT letting you have all the fun! I'm staying here till Goku arrives. You think you can hide somewhere lady?"
 
"I'll stay right here where you can see me, Piccolo," she nodded. Grunting, Piccolo descended to the beach to wait for help that could take Stellari away from the battle with her babies.
 
Raditz heart pounded as he raced into the base. Smell and sound gelled into the scents of his father. Distantly he heard the crashes and grunts of someone being tossed around like a rag doll. Bardock had a snowball's chance in hell of surviving an android attack. Still flashes of green energy flickered as Raditz punched through walls towards his father's energy ki.
 
His eyes took in the scene. Bardock covered in blood and gore was barely standing with his armor in tatters. One hand held up flickering with energies as the Android Yamcha drew his sword and swung in blinding arcs. The whole room was in shambles, pieces of broken furniture, baby bottles and other items strewn around the once lounge.
 
"I'm STILL standing!"
 
"Give up! You're half dead!" Yamcha gritted. His scimitar sizzled down, and Bardock lunged away. Unfortunately he crashed over into the remains of the recliner he'd hidden behind.
 
Yamcha's next stroke whistled close to Bardock's heaving body. Suddenly something blocked with two wrists. IN between them blurred the angry form of Raditz, pushing with gauntlet wrists. Yamcha was tossed backwards.
 
"Please, you don't have the strength to face me!" Yamcha laughed. "You're outclassed man!"
 
"Get away from my father, you worm," Raditz snarled, bringing up his foot to kick Yamcha away. Unfazed Yamcha righted himself and came forwards with his weapon sizzling in arcs.
 
"You can't stop me with your ki!" Yamcha laughed. Raditz brought up his hands and peppered him with a series of kiko ha. With a few swings of his sword he fended them off to fly and Swiss cheese the wall around them.
 
"No more hide and seek!" Yamcha shouted. Both he and Raditz charged, fists raised. Raditz ducked under each swing, punching as hard as he could while Yamcha then whirled and fended him off with his feet. A bright line of red bled against Raditz's bare arms when Yamcha flipped over and landed only three feet from him.
 
"No more games!" Raditz gritted. Again Yamcha's sword swung, but suddenly a barrier stopped the blade.
 
Confused, Yamcha saw his sword sink deep into a plastic lump that Raditz had formed on his one hand. The next instant Raditz fist connected with his face, cracking it back. Then Raditz wrenched the sword out of Yamcha's hand and threw it away.
 
"How the HELL did you do that!" Yamcha demanded, snapping his head back into place.
 
"Wouldn't YOU like to know," Raditz laughed. "Come fight me!"
 
"You asked for it, creep," said Yamcha. "Wolf fang FIST!"
 
Raditz met his punches, dodging and blocking them easily. Then Yamcha fired a ki blast point blank in his face, and Raditz parried with a solid barrier. Harmlessly the ki dissipated and Yamcha backed up, blinking in shock to see Raditz shielded by a thin curve of plastic much like Stellari's.
 
"Atomic Spike!" Raditz gritted, throwing his hand back and forming something from a splinter of ki. One after the other a series of spikes shot towards Yamcha. He raised his hand to bat them, but felt the pain of solid shards biting through the coating on his flesh. One after the other Raditz threw with both hands a whole hailstorm towards the hapless Z warrior.
 
"RRRAGGH! Nano spear!" Raditz shouted, charging forwards. In the fingers of his right hand a longer spike of ki solidified into a thick rod of plastic with a sharp point on the end. Yamcha blocked with one hand, and then grunted as something punctured his shoulder. He barley managed to twist so Raditz weapon sank into the part of his chest where no vitals were housed. Gasping, Yamcha landed hard against the wall. It gave way under his falling body.
 
"Carbon DAGGER!" Raditz shouted, hurling another spike downwards. Yamcha cried out in pain as another sharp spike half the size of the rod sticking out of his shoulder shot down and stabbed his belly. Raditz maniacal face twisted inches from Yamcha as he pinned the warrior down with his body.
 
"FIELD ON!" Yamcha shouted. Raditz howled in pain as volts of ki shot through him and flung his spasming body aside. Still the plastic remained, pinning Yamcha down to the floor. He reached down to pull the spikes from his body. Struggling to stand Yamcha grabbed at the plastic dagger piercing his upper chest.
 
"You'll PAY for that!" Yamcha vowed, dropping his hands to his side generating flickering ki between them. "Ka… me… ha…"
 
"Perspex!" Raditz shouted, bringing both hands up to block.
 
"Me HAHHH!" Yamcha shrilled. Blinding energies surged through and slammed into Raditz raised wrists. Crouched on one knee a shield of ki resistant plastic formed and blocked the beam. It cracked but held, and the beam pushed Raditz steadily backwards.