Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Chichi's second thoughts ( Chapter 66 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the anime or manga Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama created it, and Toei Animation Co. Ltd. Shuisha Bird studios does. This is written out of respect for a wonderful series and I make no money from this. My fan fiction means no harm to either one. I only own Stellari, Fermi and Bohr.
***
Raditz took time to look in on Gohan before he and Bardock went off to train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Only five days existed till the Android games, and they hoped to achieve what seemed impossible. This left Stellari alone with her children under the protection of Kinoha, and son Goku. Nervously she sat there, and Son Goku crossed over to sit down next to her as they entered Gohan's room.
"Gohan," whispered Chichi. She wrung her hands and looked at her child hooked up to many monitors. She stubbornly refused to let him have a sensu, but seeing him suffering there was killing her.
Slowly the door opened, and Chichi turned to see Goku standing there with a small pouch in his hands. She ran over to him and buried her face in his chest. "I'm sorry Goku; I can't stand him there like that any longer."
"Then I can give him the sensu?" asked Goku. Chichi nodded, and Goku smiled with relief. Holding Chichi around the waist he walked her over to the bed. Opening the pouch he extracted a bean, and then reached down to touch Gohan's cheek.
"Hey Gohan, it's Dad…"
Slowly Gohan's dark lashed eyes fluttered open. "D… daddy…" he whispered. "You're…. Here…"
"Listen to your father, Gohan. He has something for you," Chichi said with a sigh of resignation. It was far crueler to let him suffer in pain and she realized she had been selfish to withhold the cure. Goku slipped his hand under Gohan's neck and lightly lifted.
"I've got a Sensu here, Gohan. You think you can chew it for me?" Goku asked.
"But Mom said…"
"Mommy was wrong, Gohan-chan," Chichi said quietly. "I should listen to your Father. Go ahead and eat it. It's all right."
"You sure Mom?" Gohan asked. Chichi nodded and gave a brave smile. Goku gently slipped the bean into Gohan's mouth and he chewed on it painfully. Within seconds his eyes shot wide open. Bones knitted and bruises bleached to pale healthy skin. His entire body jolted for two seconds with the influx of power. Quickly he smiled and sat up, pulling the casts off his hands and ribs.
"Better?" Goku asked.
"Uh huh, you bet," Gohan said. Goku helped him pull the casts and bandages off, and Gohan swung around to sit on the edge of the bed. Chichi smiled despite her earlier reluctance and rushed over to hug him tightly.
"I'm so sorry baby. Mommy wasn't thinking of you, she was selfish. Forgive me?" Chichi asked.
"It's okay mom," said Gohan, hugging her. "Daddy, where's Grandma Kinoha and Uncle Raditz?"
"Right here, Gohan," said a voice that opened the door. Next to him stood Piccolo wearing his tall turban, and Raditz with his hair bound back by a ponytail. Gohan chuckled and realized his own hair was growing quite long. Somehow they resembled one another.
"Gohan, you're okay," Piccolo grunted.
"Mr. Piccolo, I'm all better! Are we going to train?"
"Yes," said Chichi. "You may go with Piccolo to train. But BE careful."
"Wow, thanks mom!" Gohan gasped, scarcely believing his mother's change of heart.
"I can't hold onto you forever. You're growing up too fast, but I have to let go," Chichi said, wiping away tears as she helped Gohan down. He hugged her tightly and then trotted over to stand opposite his mentor.
"Thank you," Piccolo said, inclining his head. "I'll make sure he'll be able to pull his weight."
"Be the best you can be, Gohan," said Chichi. She put on a smile as Gohan turned to Raditz. The tall Saiyan warrior strode in and stood next to Piccolo. Seeing two enemies side by side made Gohan's throat harden and his eyes water.
"Gohan, are you all right?" Raditz asked, dropping to one knee.
"You helped me when I was hurt, I remember!" Gohan said as threw himself into Raditz arms. Grunting Raditz almost fell backwards with the force of his nephew squeezing him tightly.
"Ummph Gohan…" Raditz grunted. Gohan wrapped his arms around Raditz neck and rubbed his uncle's back. Slowly Raditz returned the hug, swallowing hard.
"Thank you, Uncle Raditz," Gohan whispered.
"You… you're welcome. You fought bravely and saved Mother, like a true sai… like a true warrior," Raditz corrected himself as he saw Piccolo's glare.
"Are we going to train together?" asked Gohan.
"No, I'm going to train with my father… your Grandfather Bardock in the Hyperbolic Time chamber," said Raditz.
"It's time to go, Gohan," said Piccolo. "Get your things. We're going to our usual place."
"Okay Mr. Piccolo. Mom… Dad…"
"Be careful Gohan," Chichi wrung her hands. He nodded and then let go of Raditz. Turning to his father Goku, Gohan hugged his father tightly around the neck as Goku swept him up. Gently Goku kissed his son's brow and then set him down.
"I'll be seeing you later, Gohan. You'll come back and protect your mom, right?" asked him.
"Are we going to train around her?" asked Piccolo.
"It's the safest place," said Goku.
"Fine," Piccolo grunted. "But stay out of the way."
"Goku?" blinked Chichi nervously.
"You'll go to a cabin that's near Piccolo's usual training ground," Goku said quietly. Piccolo sighed and nodded. "Kinoha will come and get you when she's ready to go. And I'll IT you all there. Stellari's going to be with you too."
"All right," nodded Chichi. Raditz drew in his breath and watched Piccolo and Gohan leave together, remembering how far he had come from the hatred the boy had for him months before. His mind traveled back to that tentative day. They had fought at long last, and Gohan had raised his hand to strike a killing blow. Now they were allies against a common foe.