Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Difference of Opinion ( Chapter 65 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Dragon Ball Z belongs to Toei Animation Co. Ltd., Viz, and was created by Toriyama. I do not own the anime or the manga. I own the fan characters Stellari, Fermi and Bohr. I make no money writing this fan fiction and am only borrowing the characters for a while. Kinoha's name is inspired and named in honor of the fan fiction writer Kinoha, and is out of respect and thanks for her support on these stories! Thanks to Butterfly V, Unwanted Empathy and others for reading and commenting on this! I'm answering a few questions pointed out to me in the latest reviews so I hope this makes sense. Thanks as always for the insightful reviews!
Royal Namekian Blues
Goku and Bardock's Difference of Opinion

The room at the Orange Star hospital was a modified medical suite, the size of a general living room with sofas and a few chairs. One or two desks occupied a far corner, and a unisex bathroom stood just to the left of the main entrance. On one side of the chamber were floor to ceiling windows covered with half slatted vertical blinds. The Regeneration tank occupied the far left corner opposite the windows.
Muffled by fluid, the words of two people speaking came to Kinoha's ears. She blinked through the fluid that her body drifted inside, seeing the figures through the curves of the tank. Facing with his backside to the tank was her mate, she could tell by the sexy way in which his legs and torso merged together under that armor. His tail swished around his ankles and he was speaking to the Stellari girl who had mated her older son.
"She's coming round," said Bardock, spinning his head about. Stellari moved over to see the liquid sloshing around from the occupant. Quickly Bardock rushed to open the tank, and Raditz crossed the room to help him. He handed the baby he carried to Stellari so she held both twins on either hip. Fermi and Bohr walked over flanking her to watch the woman emerge.
"Mother, you're all right!" Raditz fussed. He tugged the leads off her. Bardock held out a robe for her to wrap around her because she was nude like many tank occupants.
"What… who… the babies!" she gasped.
"They're all right love, how are you feeling?" Bardock asked his mate. Carefully he pulled her into his arms. Inundated with nutrients, her hair dripped a large puddle onto the floor. Green ki surged around Bardock's armored body to evaporate the liquid. Raditz rested a hand on his mother's shoulder.
"Put me down you dummy," she said in Saiyan. He did so, and they shared a kiss together. Raditz hugged her tightly when Bardock finally let her go.
"Mother…" said Stellari, rushing over with the twins.
"You're okay," said Fermi and Bohr excitedly.
"Young ones, I'm glad you're all right," she said, leaning down to give each of the twins a nip on the ear. Fermi and Bohr winced a bit but still allowed this since Stellari gave them a meaningful look. Striding over to her, Kinoha held out her arms to Stellari. Shyly Raditz mate walked over and accepted the hug. Kinoha took either baby and placed them on her hips.
"I hear this one risked his tail. Was that so, Bardock?" Kinoha asked. Bardock blushed as Stellari leaned over and hugged him, and Raditz gave his father an embrace as well.
"Shut up," Bardock mumbled, feeling embarrassed. His mate gave him an arched brow, and then handed her grandchildren back to Raditz and Stellari.
"He saved all three of us. He's a hero," Stellari said looking fondly at her father in law.
"I only wanted to stop that stupid android from being an ass," said Bardock, brushing off his newly repaired armor.
"Mother, I have a new set of armor for you here," said Raditz.
"Good boy," she nodded as he pulled a capsule from his pocket and handed it to her. "You're lucky, Stellaring, you know that."
"I am. He was worried sick. And I understand you tried to defend Chichi as well," said she.
Suddenly into the room appeared Goku, with Chichi in his arms. Frantic with worry Chichi rushed over and rested her hands on Kinoha's shoulders. "Oh thank Kami you're all right! I wanted to thank you for trying to save my little Gohan and me from those awful tin cans!"
"You're welcome," Kinoha laughed as Chichi gave her a crushing hug. The female Saiyan grasped Chichi up off her feet to return it and Chichi laughed. Setting her down the two women looked at one another fondly. Goku awkwardly shifted weight from one foot to the other seeing his wife so comfortable with his birth mother he hardly knew.
"I… wanted to thank you too," Goku said nodding his head as he strode over.
"You're welcome, my boy," she smiled warmly. Goku held out his arms and she went to him, giving him a hug as well. Not sure of what to do, Goku patted her back awkwardly. She nodded and separated herself from him.
"And all three of you had quite a battle didn't you?" said Kinoha.
"How could you tell?" Goku asked. She tapped her temple and grinned.
"Mating bond. I suppose that's something I'll have to fill you in on, my boy," she said to Goku.
"Yes someone SHOULD explain this to me!" Chichi glared at Goku who sighed.
"Is Gohan all right?" asked Kinoha.
"He's still healing in the hospital," said Chichi.
"Why not put him in a tank?" asked Kinoha.
"Because I don't want to push him! He needs to rest!" Chichi answered. Bardock shook his head and sighed.
"Since you're his mother, I respect your judgment," said Kinoha, with a look at Bardock.
"I'm glad SOMEONE does," Chichi sniffed. Stellari coughed loudly.
"Um, I'm sure we have a lot to catch up on, Mother. But perhaps we can do so over some food?" Stellari said.
"Good idea, Stellaring. I'm starving," said Kinoha.
"That's one thing we have in common," Goku chuckled. She smiled at him, her ivory teeth gleaming brightly in the artificial light. Accepting the armor, she strode over to the small bathroom off the chamber to put it on.
"Well, what does Bulma say?" asked Bardock.
"Basically Vegeta and Trunks have spotted Seventeen and Thirteen out looking for me. They've watched but haven't done anything fortunately. But Vegeta says I should stay in hiding till he decides what to do," Goku wrung his hands. "She's also traced that missing console."
"What missing console?" Bardock asked.
"Um, the one from Nappa's space pod," Raditz answered.
"Drek, no wonder the androids have counters to our powers," Bardock suddenly answered. All heads swiveled on the warrior.
"Father, what are you talking about?" asked Raditz, narrowing his eyes.
"When Bliss was rescued she said she heard about a missing console. We never found it," said Bardock. Thoughtfully he scratched his temple just under the red blood soaked bandana he wore in honor of Torah.
"Bulma says Krillen has. It was in the house that Seventeen and Eighteen were using as a 'base'. Krillen's brought it back to Capsule for them to look at. It was really… different," said Goku.
"Why did THEY have it?" asked Bardock.
"I don't know. Krillen said he was trying to get answers from 18. He's gone to look for her to meet her in their usual place…"
"Usual WHAT?" Stellari asked.
"I think he and 18 are dating," Goku said with a chuckle. "She's staying at Kame house right now. Krillen and Master Roshi are watching after her because she wants nothing to do with Seventeen or the other androids any more. Luckily seventeen has no idea where she is."
"How is THAT possible?" asked Bardock.
"Um, another little device Bulma made. Those um… neutrino thingies disrupt android communication as well as power. So as long as 18 has one with her, they can't track her. And she's willing to help us," said Goku.
"Since when did THIS happen?" Bardock blinked.
"It's news to me!" Stellari said, grabbing Goku's arm.
"Krillen convinced her to help us. She doesn't care for 13 at all, and is worried about her brother. She knew that if she joined him, she'd have no chance to escape. But putting her trust in us, she figured she might have a chance to save them both," said Goku quietly.
"I say we trust her," said Raditz.
"Why?" Bardock asked.
"Because love makes people do strange things," Raditz said with a wry grin at Stellari.
"I still can't believe Krillen has fallen in love with one of those robots," Chichi shook her head. "But at least one of them has sense!"
"The Prince has ordered all of us to stay back while he scouts with Nappa, and the other elites. My crew's busy protecting West City and Capsule," Bardock said folding his arms. "Luckily no androids have dared attack. But something tells me they're still going with that Android Games plan."
"Yes they are," said Goku quietly. "18 told us all she knew. Bulma wants all of you to come back to Capsule. At least where it's safe."
"I thought Capsule was under attack," Kinoha said as she strode out, wearing her armor once more. She shifted the silver arm rings that matched that on Bardock's upper left arm into position again. This time she wore a blue vest and black spandex beneath it. The shoulder straps of her armor were brown and it had no armored panels.
"Not anymore. Not till the games," said Goku. "We have two weeks. Android 13 has issued a challenge to all Saiyans to show themselves there. If any of us attack any androids or humans they'll kill any Saiyans they see."
"So that's why the Prince wants us to hide in the shadows," Bardock muttered, pacing around.
"I don't like it at all," Kinoha snorted.
"The Prince wants you to take Chichi and the children, and watch over them. That includes Gohan," said Bardock.
"But Gohan could fight…" said Goku.
Angrily Chichi stormed up and glared at him. "No more! Gohan nearly DIED. I will NOT allow him to fight! I refuse it!" said she.
"But we need his help!" Goku protested.
"Not THIS again," Stellari sighed, shaking her head as Fermi and Bohr moved close to her and Raditz.
"I've heard ENOUGH!" Bardock thundered. He clapped his hand into his fist, making a loud popping sound that stopped Chichi in mid tirade.
"Father?" Raditz asked.
"Goku, you're a FOOL to let that boy fight! He's not got the proper control of his powers!"
"He HAS," Goku said angrily, glaring at Bardock.
"Maybe, but the boy is of more use protecting his mother," said Bardock. "Especially since the Prince, his son, and Raditz and you are Super Saiyans."
"I disagree!" Goku said angrily, marching over and stepping right in front of Bardock. Arms folded across his chest Bardock stared his son straight in the eye. Fisting his hands at his sides, Goku bit his lip.
"Goku… Kakkarot, you know I'm right. Gohan shouldn't have to fight when I am alive and well. If you and Raditz can achieve this legendary, then what's to stop me from trying?" Bardock asked.
"Father…" said Raditz quietly.
"He's right," Kinoha nodded. "I'm tired of having my grandchildren die when we're the warriors. Gohan is no warrior."
"But he is! He's stronger then me! Only HE can defeat 13!" Goku blurted out.
"Bullshit," said Chichi angrily. "He's only eight years old and he's SCARED!"
"Chichi… please!" Goku whirled his head on her. Everyone stood in strange odd clusters, Goku facing his father while Chichi stood to his immediate right, and Kinoha flanked her own husband. This left the twins near their mother and Raditz as spectators to the fierce argument.
"You don't get it, Kakkarot. He's my grandson and I say he stays to protect the family. Your wife is RIGHT," said Bardock angrily.
"You don't have a say in this!" Goku blurted out. His hair flared gold as a blast of wind knocked them back, and flames surrounded him.
"Brother, stop it!" Raditz snapped, as Chichi leapt back and dove behind the sofa for cover. She knew her husband wouldn't hurt her, but she was so stressed she wanted to take no chances. Fermi and Bohr closed ranks to shield Stellari with a glowing purple TK field and windows rattled.
"You're baring your fangs at me, pup?" Bardock laughed as he sized up Goku. Heaving with anger Goku stared down at his father with turquoise eyes.
"You… you don't understand!" Goku said in a deepened voice. "He's got to fight."
"No he doesn't," Bardock said firmly, hands on his hips. "Not if I fight in his place."
"But… but…" Goku stammered. Another gold aura flashed against the windows, rattling the panes and causing papers to flutter around the room. Kinoha moved over to shield Chichi who was huddled behind the sofa.
"Brother, listen to him," Raditz said, zipping between Goku and Bardock. Two pairs of turquoise eyes fixed in a deadlock staring match. Power surged between Goku and a Super Saiyan Raditz. Suddenly it seemed bolts of lightening crackled around Goku, and it terrified Chichi. The door suddenly flew open to reveal Trunks wearing a drape, half his hair cut while the rest flopped on one side of his face. Chasing him was Bulma carrying a pair of sheers.
"What are you doing?" Trunks cried. "Are you trying to shake the hospital apart? Goku!"
Yelling, Trunks flared his own Super Saiyan energies. His hair stood up on end, half of it spiky while the rest was short giving him an uneven comical appearance. Widows shattered, showering everyone with glass. Fermi and Bohr threw up their hands, generating a TK shield to stop the assault. Bulma screamed, hands to her ears.
"Goku stop it!" Chichi screamed, pushing her face into Kinoha's breastplate. Both of them huddled in a corner for cover. Bardock stood his ground, behind Raditz who moved between father and son. Trunks pushed Raditz back, his own eyes fixing into Goku's. Lightening surged through the room, vaporizing and setting things on fire.
"His power's incredible," gasped Trunks. "He's… he's gone beyond Super Saiyan Ultra…"
"Goku! Knock it off now!" Bulma screamed at him.
Trunks flared his own power, muscles bulking up. Yet Goku's entire body crackled with blue lightening, his hair standing up on end and glowing hot white as his eyes and face took on a terrifying fierce appearance.
"Enough," Raditz said. "Goku, listen to us."
As soon as the wind had started, it stopped. Still electricity crackled across Goku's upheld hand. In surprise he glanced down at himself, then at Trunks blocking his immediate space. Almost nose to nose the Ultra Super Trunks faced off against this ascended Goku. "You… that's even more powerful then me."
The golden glow surrounding Raditz subsided at the same time the lightening faded. Hair leeching of its radiance, Goku seemed to diminish in stature. At the same time Trunks did as well, his hair dropping back to its former position. Bulma clicked her tongue, still brandishing her scissors. Bardock's muscles twitched a bit, and he leveled his gaze on Goku again. Sighing, Goku shook his head and exhaled. Chichi and Kinoha rose from the ground, still keeping their distance from the immediate area.
"Are you done yet?" Bulma asked angrily. "You're lucky you didn't cause more damage with this shit! What were you thinking?"
"I think we need to talk privately, Kakkarot," said Bardock slowly as he looked at Goku.
"Fine, I agree," Goku nodded. "Chichi, stay here. I won't be long."
"Where are you going?" Trunks asked his hair still only half cut.
"Someplace less fragile I think," said Bardock.
"I'm coming too," Raditz said.
"Me too!" said Trunks.
"Wait; let me finish cutting your hair at least!" Bulma grumbled. “This is the second time you've gotten out of me doing this since we arrived here!”
“Mom!” groaned Trunks, blushing. This quashed a very tense moment that had evolved in the room. Especially evident when Bardock started to laugh along with Goku. Yet when both father and son met eye to eye, the smile faded.
“All right Trunks, let Bulma finish the haircut,” Goku relented. “Come and join us when you're ready.”