Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Raditz explanation ( Chapter 64 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Dragon Ball Z belongs to Toei Animation Co. Ltd., Viz, and was created by Toriyama. I do not own the anime or the manga. I own the fan characters Stellari, Fermi, and Bohr. I make no money writing this fan fiction and am only borrowing the characters for a while. I apologize for the lack of updates, but even though this is a small one it should answer some questions! Thanks to my reviewers!
Raditz Explains
Royal Namekian Blues
Trynia Merin

Raditz fought against the pounding behind his eyes. A light sniffling reached his ears, and he stared up into the blurry features of his spiky haired father, and an identically armored shape next to him. Sitting on the edge of the bed, Stellari moved close to him.
"Raditz! Wake up!" she urged.
"Precious one… you're all right!" he spluttered.
"Took you long enough to wake up, you lazy bum," Bardock grunted, giving his son's leg a playful kick.
"Father! What… where… I swore I heard Kakkarot!"
"My name's Goku," said the familiar voice. Son Goku stood on the other side of the bed, holding one of the twins while Stellari held the other. Bardock took the baby girl Saiyan from Stellari so she could throw her arms around Raditz neck. His strong arms wrapped her close and did not let her go.
"We triumphed then!" Raditz laughed.
"I understand why you did it, but he was my friend!"
"He betrayed you, Brother! He would have slain me to appear the hero. In addition, leave you to raise my children because he thought me unfit! This cannot go unpunished!" Raditz growled at Goku.
"What?"
"You had better listen to what he is saying, Son," Bardock said, grabbing Gook's shoulder.
"No… not Yamcha!"
"Wake up and smell the reality!" Stellari barked at Goku. "He would have done anything to prove his point! He even tried forcing himself on me!"
"I can't believe that Yamcha…" Goku squeezed his eyes shut.
"He did. Just by taking Stellari! Brother, open your eyes! He's one of them now!" Raditz snarled. He pulled Stellari onto the bed with him, and Bardock moved over to take the other child from Goku. Once she had both twins in her arms, she huddled against the bulk of Raditz.
"Goku, listen to me. I know what I am taking about. Raditz has no reason to make any of this up. Didn't he defend your own son, Gohan?"
"Is the boy all right?"
"Yes, he's all right. I managed to get a sensu to him," Goku nodded. "Chichi's just resting with him now. But if what you say is true about Yamcha."
"It is," Stellari said. Goku bit his lip when she recounted the whole story. Raditz added his own part as well. Pacing back and forth, Goku drew a deep sigh. To think that his own friends would sink so low just blew his mind. Even more so then the fact that Raditz and Piccolo were now his greatest allies.
"He was once a thief," said Stellari.
"Not that it justifies anything, but a desperate man will try anything to achieve his goal," said Bardock. Goku sank into the armchair near Raditz hospital bed. Miserable he hunched his shoulders, burying his face in his large hands. Tears formed in his eyes.
Bardock grumbled and sat down on the armrest of the chair. "No time for tears, boy. We must…"
"Father, let him be," Stellari said gently. "He doesn't know the Saiyan ways. He is human, like me…"
"Like you once were, girl," Bardock said quietly.
"What on earth are you talking about?" Stellari demanded.
"You passed ritual combat with me. I accepted you as a daughter in the family, as if you are a full blooded Saiyan before you were kidnapped," Bardock explained.
"IN all eyes of Saiyan law, you're one of us," Raditz said.
"Even for an 'inferior' race?" she grunted.
"You are no weakling," Raditz added. "Giving two children and fighting to protect them."
"That might be the case and I'm honored, but the point is that Goku's friends are now turning on him because they think we're a threat," Stellari said. She badly wanted to go comfort Goku, but Raditz held her firmly along with her children.
"Boy, I… suppose I must allow you your tears," Bardock grumbled.
"Crying doesn't make me less of a warrior!" Goku snapped at him. "So you can just FORGET that nonsense now!"
"Father, let him be," Raditz relented. "Besides he can kick our asses. If feeling makes a Saiyan stronger then we might be the ones who can learn something."
"If you can accept me as a Saiyan and a human woman as a Saiyan Princess you should accept that Goku has a point. Both races will become one to survive," said Stellari.
"Earth is my home, and yours. Don't you see?" Goku huffed. "The Saiyan race doesn't have to separate itself. We can make a NEW legacy here, on Earth."
"And we are," Raditz said quietly. "With Gohan, and Trunks, and these two here."
"Piccolo was right when he said we can ALL protect earth. And we can't let these androids ruin our lives," Goku said passionately as he stood up. Eyes flared turquoise and then his energies flared nova white-hot. Bardock swallowed hard to see his hair standing on end and the entire floor shake with the energy of Goku's transformation.
"Must you do that indoors?" Bardock asked.
"I have to remain Super Saiyan to build up my powers to fight the Androids. That's what Gohan and I were doing while in the Time chamber."
"Can one really learn quickly in that place?" Bardock asked.
"Yes," Goku nodded.
"A day lasts a year, or so they say," Stellari said.
"Perhaps if you and Bardock entered, you might increase your own powers," said Goku.
"I don't wish to leave you alone for a whole day," said Raditz to Stellari. "Let alone a year."
"I'll do whatever it takes to better defend my family," said Bardock.
"Then perhaps I can take you," Goku said quietly. "While nobody's expecting it."
Stellari nodded, then turned to kiss Raditz 1 last time. He held her close and then kissed their children. Bardock nodded and both sons stood near their father. Goku bade them both to grasp his shoulders, then touched his forehead with two fingers. Soon Stellari was alone on the bed holding her children. Curling up with them, she allowed herself to sleep.

Elsewhere in the hospital, others relaxed and waited in lobbies and hospital bedrooms. Commandeered by Capsule, the Orange Star Hospital was the nerve center of Z warrior resistance, at least the Saiyan contingent. In one such lounge a few floors down, the Prince of all Saiyans and his son were trying to contemplate what to do next. The sun had just risen in bands of gold and orange, spreading in red bloody bands along the eastern sky. Sharp shadows and angles were cast by what seemed a harsher light. Bulma was asleep in one of the many beds, but Vegeta had left her side only an hour before the dawn to talk with Trunks.
Nappa had rocketed off in a jealous huff. The androids had taken his woman, and he intended to make them pay. Bliss had come to Trunks with tears in her eyes, pleading for his aid. Vegeta swore to take it upon himself, and now Trunks would endure leadership. Vegeta felt the power surge, and frowned when it vanished suddenly. Trunks sat up, crushing the Styrofoam coffee cup in his hand. Both of them looked at each other when their senses beheld the power traces a thousand miles away.
"He's taken his sire and brother to the lookout," said Vegeta thoughtfully. "I suppose he thinks they can be of some use."
"Makes sense, Father," said Trunks. "But now of all times?"
"We have to find Nappa and stop him from going crazy," said Vegeta.
"But that would leave this place undefended, Father," said Trunks.
Vegeta drew himself up to his full height, sticking his chin in the air. Resting gloved fists by either hip he said, "I have prepared for that. Turles and some of the other Saiyans will stay here and defend this place. In addition, you will stay here while I go after Nappa myself. And Kakkarot's brat Gohan is also here."
"But Father…" Trunks protested.
"Kakkarot might end up hogging my glory when he returns. You can tell the clown to stay here and then you will fight at my side," Vegeta said with a mean grin. "And I will finally put an end to these pieces of scrap."
Trunks nodded, and squeezed his eyes shut shortly. Sighing he said, "All right Father. But don't let your pride get the best of you."
"Humph, you have much to learn of true Saiyan Pride, boy. But I suppose I'll take your advice under advisement," Vegeta grunted. He grabbed his scouter from its position adhered to his waist and placed it on his ear. Touching the stud, he opened the link. Touching the stud, he opened the link.
"Commander Turles sire?" answered the Saiyan on the other end. Trunks could hear the tinny sound across the lobby.
"Come and bring Bardock's team to the base. Have them stand ready to defend here while I venture out after Nappa. Have Bliss join me," said he.
"Understood your majesty," buzzed the reply.
"Till then, my son is in charge. Obey him as you would me," said Vegeta. Trunks swallowed hard as his father said these words. Slowly he removed the scouter from his face and handed it to Trunks. Both wore the armored chest plates that Bulma had given them.
"Vegeta, what's all this about?" Bulma demanded, flinging open the door to the lounge.
"Stay here with Trunks. I'm going after Nappa," said Vegeta.
"But Trunks can…."
"This is a matter of Saiyan pride," said Vegeta.
"It's ALWAYS about that! We need you here! I cannot bear the thought of…" Bulma spluttered.
"Hush woman," Vegeta said, pulling her close. A quick kiss of his lips silenced her next words. Trunks hid a smile behind white-gloved hands to see his parents locked in each other's arms to share a last passionate smooch. Then he released a panting and breathless Bulma.
"Damn it, that's NOT fair, Vegeta!" she grumbled.
"Stay here, and protect your mother," said Vegeta. Reaching out he grasped Trunks shoulder.
"Be careful Father," Trunks nodded. Vegeta grunted then strode towards the bank of windows covering one wall of the lounge. Vertical blinds swished lazily back and forth, in the light of day. Vegeta opened the window, and then climbed out to levitate in midair. Bulma moved close to her son Trunks, who wrapped his arm around her shoulders to hold her close. Both watched Vegeta span his arms and roar loudly to summon the blazing gold flames of his Super Saiyan form. Strangely, the spikes of his hair stood up straighter. Muscles bulked and swelled to twice their size, giving Vegeta almost steroid musculature.
"What's he doing?"
"That's the form we discovered beyond Super Saiyan," Trunks said. "But he can't hold it for long. He must really think that he's going to battle his hardest."
"Vegeta…" Bulma yelped. Widows rattled with the force of the shockwave Super Vegeta left in his wake. Soon only, a gleaming yellow star twinkled on the far horizon to remind them he had hovered there. Trunks held his worried mother close.
"Don't worry Mother, I can do the same. And if he needs me, I'll be there in a flash," said Trunks.
"But what if he doesn't come back! There are three androids out there still! And four if you count Krill's lady friend!" said she.
"Krillen's managed to work some strange charm over her. She is actually staying with him at Kami house. She wants nothing to do with Android 13 or his plans. Piccolo and him managed to help her escape from the rest. So as long as she remains hidden, he can't touch them," Trunks whispered.
"You mean she's on OUR side?"
"For the moment," Trunks said. Bulma felt a surge of hope. If Krillen could change one android's mind and try to help her hang onto humanity, there might be hope for the others. She wiped tears from her eyes as she buried her face in Trunks chest. He had grown two inches in the year he had spent in the Hyperbolic time chamber, his muscles filling out the blue suit and white breastplate so he stood with the same bulk as Goku. Long hair spilled around his face on either side, giving him a solemn appearance.
"Trunks," she said, reaching up to touch his hair. She drew back and regarded him with clear blue eyes glistening with tears. Trunks wiped them away with a gloved finger.
"Yes mother?"
"Can I cut your hair right now? Before anything else happens? Not that you don't look cute like this, but I just think you might like to be able to see," she said, pushing a strand behind his ears.
"All right," he nodded, knowing that it would give her something to do so she could keep her mind off Vegeta's desperate mission. He let Bulma place her white gloved hand in his, leading him away to share a simple custom of haircutting. Life had to continue he realized, as the gleaming gold of the sun beamed through the windows and painted his curves and angles in its radiance.
"Father, come back soon," Trunks pleaded.