Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Waiting Room ( Chapter 63 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Dragon Ball Z belongs to Toei Animation Co. Ltd., Viz, and was created by Toriyama. I do not own the anime or the manga. I own the fancharacters Stellari, Fermi and Bohr. I make no money writing this fanfiction and am only borrowing the characters for a while.
Royal Namekian Blues
 
Trynia Merin
***
 
With Bardock's help Stellari entered the waiting room. Security guards with Capsule logos on them quickly helped her and Bardock to a private elevator along with Goku. Nervously he stood in the enclosed space, focussing on making funny faces for the benefit of his nephew. Bardock raised his ki field, enveloping Stellari and Radzia in its green warmth.
 
"You really are something, Kakkarot. Never ceases to amaze me how easily you blew those androids away. But you didn't finish the job."
 
"He was once my friend," Goku said firmly.
 
"I hear you kid. If that was Toma or any one else of my crew… but he's betrayed you…" said Bardock.
 
"You didn't see the part where he helped stop 13 and 17 by covering for us, so we could escape," Goku interrupted.
 
"I thought he was loyal to the androids now!" said Stellari.
 
"So did I. But I think he knows better. Unfortunately Yamcha learned that lesson too late. It's a shame you had to kill him," Goku sighed.
 
"I did what I had to so I could protect my family," Bardock said sternly. "IN war you can't always be squeamish."
 
"I know but… killing is the last resort!" Goku protested.
 
"You think I don't know that?" Bardock grunted. "My entire crew died because I blindly followed Frieza's orders. You can't tell me you didn't want that lizard dead when your best friend…"
 
"Yamcha and Tien were my friends," Goku shouted back.
 
"I know, but this discussion's pointless," Bardock raised his hand. "Right now we've got to lick our wounds and figure out what the hell to do next."
 
Doors slid open, and all three of them exited grimly. Half of Goku's gi hung off his bare shoulder, while only a thin strap of his armored blue shirt remained. Clothing was covered in fine tatters while Stellari and Bardock's armor was battered. Bardock's battle jacket had suffered the worst; one strap blown off while half his left pair of leggings showed a muscular calf. His scouter lens was cracked and he pulled the thing off to toss it down on a table nearby.
 
Stellari sat on one of the lounge sofas. To her relief the blue and white armored figure entering was Bulma. She rushed over and hugged Stellari with relief, then hugged Goku who stood to the side. She shouldered one of the twins and looked at Bardock with admiration. "Vegeta and Trunks went off after 17… to try and stop them before they trace us here… Nappa went ballistic because Lunch has gone missing!"
 
"Damn," Goku sighed, shaking his head.
 
"You think Tien took her?" Bulma asked with fear in her eyes.
 
"I didn't see her where Yamcha took me. But whatever blasts didn't hit one of us hit Gero's computer," Stellari said.
 
"That piece of machinery's toast now," Bardock grunted. "Don't know if that's good or bad. Where's everyone else?"
 
"Your crew said something about protecting West City. Capsule's the first place I think they'd expect us all to go instead of Orange Star City," Bulma said. "We'd be safer all staying here till the others get better."
 
"I thought they said they'd wait to attack till these so called android games were happening," Bardock grunted.
 
"So did I. But I guess the computer went crazy when I showed up," Goku said rubbing the back of his neck with a nervous smile.
 
"Probably overrode all previous programming," Bulma shook her head. "Not good."
 
"What's worse is that Yamcha said something about all Saiyans becoming public enemy number one," said Stellari.
 
"Damn," Bulma swallowed hard. "Defiantly not good."
 
"That would explain why Krillen and Master Roshi are keeping their distance," Goku said sadly. Bardock mumbled when Goku handed his nephew over to the war hardened soldier. Carefully Bardock wrapped a gauntlet arm around the boy and set him on his knee. Planck stuck his tongue in his mouth and curled up against Bardock's armored chest as if he had been there all along.
 
Bulma's telephone shrilled and she shot a look of apology to the others. "I have to take this. Excuse me!"
 
Nobody argued as Bulma strode off carrying her cell telephone to a more secluded part of the hospital complex. Left alone, Goku sighed and looked at his father and sister in law. "Chichi's probably worried sick about me. I'm going to go visit her," said Goku quietly.
 
"You'd better go. I'll stay here till Raditz and Kinoha improve," Bardock said. "Someone has to watch over her family."
 
He nodded towards Stellari, who was slowly rocking Radzia in her arms. Goku draped a blanket around her shoulders and she glanced up at him gratefully. Leaning over he kissed her forehead, and then leaned over to kiss each of the Saiyan children in turn. She stopped Goku with a hand on his arm. "Fermi and Bohr..."
 
"They're still with Dad," Goku said, referring to the Ox King. "Should I have them come here?"
 
"No, they're safer where they are. Where's Chichi and Gohan?"
 
"I'll be taking them to Frypan valley so Chichi can rest and recover. If you like..." Goku said.
 
"I'll talk to them soon I hope. Better they rest and wait until Raditz comes around. I want to see them but..." trailed Stellari off. Bardock rested a hand on her shoulder and shook his head.
 
"You will stay put and rest. My son can go once he's well enough to check on your other brats. It's safer for you to remain here with your pups. I'll watch over you. If your sons are true warriors they can understand the seriousness of this," Bardock grunted.
"But they need me," Stellari said frustrated.
 
"No I think he's right. I'll tell them you're okay and that you miss them and will see them when it's safer," Goku shushed her. "They're old enough to know that Mommy's gotta spend some time away from them. Besides, Chichi and I will be with them. It's better for them to be away from this place. Bardock will look after you till Raditz wakes up, right?"
 
"I will. You get going," Bardock said. "Besides if you've got a psychic link with those twins they'll be able to communicate with you to know you're there for them, right?"
 
"Yes," she sighed. "Give them my love Goku... I just hate not being around them!"
 
"I'll come back and IT Raditz there when he's well enough. You stay put okay?" he said. Nodding at Bardock, he touched two fingers to his forehead and vanished. Bardock stood up and sat in the sofa next to his daughter in law. She sighed and leaned her head on his shoulder when he draped a strong arm around her. Like her father, had so many years ago he held her as she trembled and struggled not to cry?
 
"I'll watch over you," Bardock said quietly. Stellari nodded, and they quietly held the twins on their laps. As time passed, Bardock accepted bottles of formula from capsule employees that happened to pass by.
 
"Mrs. Briefs sends this with her compliments. She says Prince Vegeta's ordered you to stay here, Mr. Bardock, and Prof. Stellari," said one of the guards.
 
"All right," she nodded. Saluting, the guard moved off. Bardock sensed that he needed to change the subject to calm his daughter in law during their wait. Therefore, the best thing seemed to be to get her talking.
 
"I always wonder how you managed to figure out how to trace these androids to begin with," Bardock said, trying to change the subject. Stellari traded Radzia for Planck. Bardock gently took his granddaughter and angled her in one arm while feeding her with his other gauntleted wrist.
 
"It was partly Raditz idea," she said. Bardock's left brow angled up incredulously.
 
"No really!" she insisted, readjusting Planck in her arm and unhooking her armor strap. She discretely draped the blanket over her bare breast while he suckled. Bardock tossed her a wry grin, shaking his head.
 
"This I have to hear…" he said.
 
"Well it all started while these two were in utero," she said, her eyes staring off into the distance to fish for the exact memories. "I was making polymers and Raditz was trying to get me OUT of the lab…"
***
 
"Are you insane working in the lab while you're carrying our pups, woman?" someone grunted.
 
Stellari grumbled at the interruption of her latest batch of polymer. While her technicians could do the work she was devoted to pushing the special coating she was developing for Bulma's new project to its limits.
 
"Woman?" Raditz asked.
 
Her eyebrow cocked up at the mention of that word. To her dispair, he had taken to the Prince's habit of calling his mate and wife 'woman'. With a mischievous smirk, Stellari grabbed a test tube and hurled it at the unsuspecting Raditz. Normally she would not dream of throwing lab glassware at anyone, but her husband was not just 'anyone'. He was a Saiyan, and they had notoriously hard noggins.
 
Raditz hand zipped out and caught the small missile with ease. Mouth quirked in a devious smirk he chuckled, "Nice try but futile."
 
"Unless you want your prince to barbecue us BOTH you'd better let me finish this, monkey man," she glared at him.
 
"What?"
 
"Who do you think this plastic is FOR, Raditz?" she glared at him. Suddenly he blurred from view and appeared directly behind her to grab her in his large arms. Stellari whirled around and sent her fist out towards his face.
 
"Nicely done, but you're still a bit slow," Raditz complimented, grabbing her fist in his enormous hand. The gauntlet covered his wrists, but the palms were bare save the straps crossing his thumb and little finger that held the armor component in place.
 
"Bulma wants the research done on the high density polymer this afternoon! She's making new suits of armor for Trunks and Ve… I mean the Prince and I can't let her down," she said.
 
"Hmm," Raditz sniffed as he pinned her against the lab counter. "It smells much like that of those tin cans."
 
"You mean to tell me you can SMELL the androids?" she blinked.
 
"I'm a Saiyan, woman. When you've been purging planets most of your life, you learn to take in ANY scent that could clue you into the enemy's motives," Raditz chuffed.
 
"Then how come the Prince couldn't smell them?" she asked.
 
"His Majesty is a Royal. Their fighting skills are far superior to Third Class, but we rely more on our base instincts during a fight," Raditz explained.
 
"Wait a minute, you've given me an idea," Stellari said. Reaching up she grabbed the scouter off his ear. The suction gave way with an audible pop and Raditz rubbed his ear with a free hand.
 
"Do you mind?"
 
"These things can pick up any energy can't they?" she asked.
 
"Yes. But they are unable to account for potential battle power," Raditz shrugged. "And the Androids have no energy signature…"
 
"Except for their infinity batteries," Stellari said.
 
"Their power source? Of course, why didn't we think of that before? You're trying to tell me you can recalibrate my scouter to trace them that way?" Raditz nodded.
 
"Talk about mind reading, yes. I can't, but Bulma and her father can," she said. Raditz nodded and replaced the scouter once more. He saw the excitement in her face and decided to allow her to continue her work, but he insisted on watching her every move so she would not jeopardize the health of her young.