Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Korin's Tower ( Chapter 70 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues
 
Part 71
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. It was created by Akira Toriyama, and is owned/licensed by Shonen Jump/Toei Animation Co. Ltd. Any characters mentioned that aren't 'cannon' are fan characters and mean no harm to the show. Kinoha is named after one of my fellow writers who has faithfully supported my writing.
 
Radzia and her brother slowly clung to their mother. She and Kinoha quickly took the two children to the care of Chichi, then returned to the cave to speak with Bardock's crew. After they returned Fasha drew in her breath in a long sigh. Since they had all been brought back to life, she long regretted a decision she had made long ago. It could have been she that fathered Raditz and Goku, not Kinoha. Yet before she could make her feelings known Bardock had chosen a female of a much higher battle status.
 
"Tell me about this school bus you saved," Stellari asked. Kinoha and she moved over to one side of the campfire where all the team members sat huddled wearing their Saiyan armor.
 
"We'd been trying to watch humans like Bardock told us to, but we had felt the earth shaking. And then we heard screaming from all over the city. One of those earthquakes on this world," Fasha began to relate.
 
Tora finished the rack of ribs he had eaten, then threw the bones to the pile at his left hip. "Shugesh didn't bother changing into the clothes that we were trying on at that one store. He just rushed out half dressed in those jeans things. And Torah and I were halfway after him because he was downright curious."
 
"One of those school buses was on a bridge. The whole thing was twisting and shaking like your earth candy… salt water taffy, pretty damn tasty too," Shugesh nodded. As many times before he poked the glowing hot coals smoldering beneath the spits that Borgos turned.
 
"By the time he got there we had run after him, and we saw all these humans screaming. Figured it'd be best if we played hero. Shugesh and Borgos got on either end of the bus before it tipped over the side of the bridge," Torah continued.
 
"Between the two of us we managed to fly it over to the riverbank. And then we noticed all the other cars were rocking back and forth and that flimsy piece of crap was about to snap apart. What idiots hold together a bridge with cables?" Borgos shrugged.
 
"I told the guys to get the cars off the bridge while I tried to tie the cables back together," Fasha related.
 
"A damn bunch of cars. WE had to stack a few of 'em one on top of the other too," nodded Borgos. "They aren't all that heavy. But we were in shock cause the humans were screaming and yelling our names."
 
"They weren't scared of us at all," Torah nodded.
 
"It's kinda nice to have these humans, even though they ARE weak, trying to fall all over us outta gratitude," Sughesh reflected.
 
"You shoulda seen all the humans who were throwing zenni at us and offering to buy us food and bend over backward to help," Borgos nodded.
 
"We couldn't refuse the money. It'd be rude to give it back," Torah chuckled.
 
"So we bought all these clothes and asked the humans to tell us what was the best to wear."
 
"After everything I told you," said Stellari quietly. "And you still went around in your armor?"
 
"It was my idea. If humans are gonna get used to Saiyans being… 'protectors' they should see us for who we REALLY are," Fasha said.
 
"We only wear human clothes that the Prince gave us. But they just stink," Sugesh admitted.
 
"The ones the grateful humans bought us are much better. And suit us a lot better too," Borgos said.
 
"Speaking of, you'd all better get changed. We've got to report back to the Prince and tell him we're cozying up to the humans," Torah nodded. "The quicker we get used to dressing like humans even THOUGH they wear pretty useless clothes…"
 
"The better," Finished Fasha.
 
Soon the females parted from the males, taking their bundles of clothes that the grateful humans had purchased for them. However much they tried to adapt to the human world, their pragmatic opportunistic Saiyan instincts still showed most effectively.
 
"Human society," murmured Torah as he looked at the bundle of clothes sitting in the cave.
 
"We had to try to fit in," nodded Shugesh, picking up a large t shirt and pair of jeans. All members of Bardock's team puzzled at the changes of garments that had been given to them. They had held off trying to wear them for days till finally Bardock's orders had been obeyed.
 
"Time to change back I suppose," Torah nodded. Fasha and he regarded one another with marked derision but they knew it was for the best.
 
"You'd better change too, Kinoha," they nodded at Bardock's long haired mate.
 
Fasha pulled on a pair of knee length shorts, a tank top, and a small jacket with a pair of knee length boots. Torah chose a blue suit with an open neck shirt, while Borgos picked a large muscle T shirt and leather pants and matching jacket. Shugesh satisfied himself with a wifebeater shirt and conformable knee length shorts. Clothes ranged from casual to comfortable, even resembling a biker gang. Kinoha's ensemble consisted of above the knee mini skirt, tall boots with stiletto heels, and bustier top with casual jacket. None of them bothered to change their hair except Kinoha and Torah who pulled theirs back into ponytails.
 
Stellari stepped out wearing a long trenchcoat overtop her clothes. It would have been easy to change into street clothes. Yet she had to admit her long slacks and button up blouse would have felt very strange on her body after weeks of wearing Saiyan armor. Without it she would naked and unprepared to face the world, so she suppressed any urges to remind herself she was still human by donning human clothes. The cost was not worth the effort.
 
"I guess we'd best go back to the redevous point and wait for our next orders…" said Fasha, nudging Tora.
 
"Right. Bardock should be almost out of that chamber. I can't wait to see what's happened," Tora said.
 
"The satellite linkups and cell phones are working well for warning you of danger I trust," Stellari pointed to them. All of them had folded their scouters up and hooked them on their clothing. Each and every scouter had also been modified to pick up Human cell phone signals and radio broadcasts.
 
"Like some sort of superhero, we're waiting for the call," Fasha chuckled.
 
A shrill beeping sounded on their scouters. Each of them looked at one another, and rushed out of the cave to leap into the air. "It's Bardock's frequency…"
 
"He must be done in the time chamber," Kinoha realized.
 
"You two meet them. We'll go back to Capsule and report in," Tora said. He was Bardock's second in command of the old team, and motioned for his squadmates to follow in their civilian garb. Four attired Saiyans rocketed back towards Metro west to show off their new garb.
 
Kinoha and Stellari nodded at one another, then blasted off towards Kami's lookout. Just why Bardock and Raditz wouldn't come to them seemed counter intuitive. Yet they did not question the place their mates had arranged for them to meet. A green trail and a purple one blazed their paths towards the lookout. Higher and higher Stellari flew, feeling her lungs gasping at the thinner air. Most humans would reach the tower by climbing, but they were allowed to fly.
 
Lightening flickered through dark thunderheads around what appeared to be a tall pillar. They obscured any sense of where the lookout was, or even the tower overtop. Flying into the heart of the storm, Kinoha barely thought to look at the human trailing behind her.
 
"Where is this tower? I can't see it!" Kinoha complained.
 
"Look for the carved pillar. Korin's tower is almost a mile or so of height… and Kami's lookout is a mile above that!" Stellari said. Approaching the coordinates, they soon hovered by a carved pillar. Though they were both several thousand feet up, Kinoha had not bothered to fly at a higher altitude knowing that Stellari's lungs were limited in how much oxygen she could take in. Most humans who would fly using bukukjutsu never flew the height of commercial planes due to the risk of UV rays and rarefied air.
 
"You will not object to my help after you assisted me," Kinoha said, grabbing her daughter in law's arm and dragging the exhausted Stellari next to her. Further along the pole they flew, air thinning out more and more the higher they climbed.
 
"That's one tall tower," Kinoha called to her daughter in law.
 
"Yes, you're not kidding," Stellari murmured. In a half hour they had soared high enough to stop at the wide saucer shape zooming through the mist. It reminded Kinoha of those laughable SF movies regarding flying saucers and alien invasions. Such craft were used by Freeza and his changelings, but they didn't spin, rather just hovered.
 
Both of them levitated by the stone saucer shape, the top of Korin's tower. The anthropomorphic cat leaned on his walking stick and waved to them. "Hey, wait you two! You can't go up there!" he called.
 
"Yeah, unless you wanna get fried!" put in the raspy voice of the squat human next to him, with spiky hair and a modified sumo outfit.
 
"Why not?" Kinoha asked.
 
"This is Korin's tower, isn't it? Where Bardock and Raditz told us to wait, remember?" Stellari grabbed Kinoha's arm.
 
"You don't look so good, miss," Korin waved to Stellari. Already.
 
"I can't breath if we tried to fly up to Kami's lookout," said Stellari, panting. "That's why we were asked to meet at Korin's tower."
 
"Humans," Kinoha mumbled. Still she knew better then to question her mate's orders, and helped fly Stellari to the wide railing. Both of them landed on the broad flat stone floor, surrounded by a wide roof supported by stone pillars. At the direct center of the flat surface rose a fountain, and halfway from that a square opening in the floor lit from below, showing that there were lower levels in the tower.
 
Korin only stood as high as Stellari's waist, leaning on his walking stick and regarding them. "Dende told me you two ladies would come here. Sit down, rest, relax."
 
"Stupid idiots, trying to fly! No way you can get up there unless you want to get fried."
 
"I didn't ask for your opinion, runt," Kinoha stamped her foot.
 
Yajerobe snorted unimpressed, his hand on the hilt of his sword. "Whatever lady. If you want to get zapped by lightening that's not my problem."
 
"I need to sit down," Stellari said, easing herself away from the iron grip of her friend.
 
Korin steadied her with a paw and guided her towards the fountain in the center where he'd set a few silk cushions. Gladly she plunked down on one, and panted deeply. She looked strange in her long trenchcoat and human clothes contrasting to the surroundings. Kinoha derisively turned her back on Yajerobe and sat next to her daughter in law on another cushion.
 
"All right now, they should be here any minute. You two look like you could use something to eat and drink," he said.
 
"don't look at ME! I'm not your butler or something," Yajerobe pulled a face at Korin, who tapped a white paw.
 
"Says the guy who eats all my sensu beans and makes himself at home. I can't get rid of this guy," Korin placed a paw to one side of his nose and whispered to a dazed Stellari.
 
"I shall get what you ask, sir," Kinoha sait, standing up and marching past Yajerobi. "If this fat human is too lazy…"
 
"Shut up," Yajerobe glared at her.
 
"Don't be a stink. Show the lady. If that's all you're going to do around here, then stop embarrassing yourself," Korin shrugged. He licked one paw, then rubbed the side of his feline face, then around to his ear. It was hardly surprising for Stellari to see animals that talked, after all some of her co workers were of the animal persuasion, and the King of the World was a canine.
 
"Goku tells me you see a lot of things from up here," Stellari panted. She almost fell backwards when he threw something at her.
 
"Catch. You might find these useful. I don't have that many right now, so you might want to use them sparingly," Korin said. Stellari glanced down at the small bag with small hard beans inside.
 
"Thanks. Though I hope we won't have to use them anytime soon," she nodded, tipping a few out and turning the dried beans over in her hands. She had seen Chichi hiding them from Goku and Raditz, and had even brought a few for her husband on occasion. It still defied reason why they worked, but she had her own scientific theories. Each bean was loaded with multiple calories and supremely powerful enzymes that jump started the body's healing processes. Such super concentrated proteins accompanied by the powerful enzymes were a rarity. Even the sensu leaves and roots themselves could be consumed. The tea that Kinoha brought on a tray smelled of the same fishy odor as the beans she put back in their bag. Bardock's tall mate gracefully set the tray laden with a pot and four upside down cups just before Yajerobe.
 
"Here's your tea," said Kinoha, inclining her head.
 
"Thanks ma'am. It's nice when some of my guests pitch in," Korin said, shooting Yajerobi a scathing glance.
 
"Humph," Yajerobe snorted. He then snatched a cup of tea from the tray Kinoha set down, and leaned back against the railing.
 
Tucking the sensu back into their bag, she slid them into one of the side compartments on the tall boots she wore. Kinoha had changed back into her armor, and noticed Stellari long jeans covered all but the tops of the boots. She wore her armor overtop a T shirt, covering her once bare shoulders. Eagerly she reached for the tea cup Kinoha passed her. All three of them were arranged in a semicircle around the wooden lacquer tray.
 
"Sensu leaf tea," Korin said, lapping his out of his cup. "With a touch of milk. And I see Yajerobe helped you enough to show you where the almond cookies were."
 
"Some of those are MINE, remember," Yajerobe said.
 
"Says the man that eats like a Saiyan," Kinoha chuckled. "He ate half of the food as he showed me where it was stored in those large jars. You should have a place for game instead of all this processed food. It cannot be good for you…"
 
"Some of us have our own customs," said Korin, unopened eyes still pointed in her direction. Something about his expression unsettled her, and she shifted uncomfortably on her cushion.
 
"Like you pointed out before, I see a lot from up here. And I'm surprised and pleased to see all you fitting in so well in the world," Korin stated.
 
"It was Bardock's wish, and the Prince's command," Kinoha shrugged.
 
"The leather biker look suits them well. Surprising to see predators protecting those weaker then them. Shows there's hope for you Saiyans yet despite your past," Korin nodded. A few crumbs from the almond cookie landed on his fur, and he curled over to lick them away with his sandpapery tongue.
 
"I have a certain appreciation for some humans, despite their weakness," Kinoha commented. "And you creatures with fur seem to have your own strengths. Why do you tolerate these weak frail beings?"
 
"Because they aren't so weak," Korin answered. "And you know the answer. It's funny you're in the habit of talking tough and you're a softie inside just like the rest of your family."
 
"I'm a Saiyan warrior… I…"
 
"Whoah, whoah wait, I'm not here to get into arguments," Korin waved his paws in a negating X. "Just pointing something out, that's all. It's something I do."
 
"He sometimes won't shut up with the head trip stuff. I'm used to it," Yajerobe interrupted.
 
"Kakkarot spent four years of his life here?" Kinoha blinked.
 
"Actually it was further up at Kami's palace. I helped him a lot yes, but Kami showed him the finishing touches," Korin chuckled.
 
"I had wondered about that. You should tell me more," interrupted a voice from just outside.
 
"Bardock! I didn't' sense you and the scouter didn't…" Kinoha gasped, head whirling around. Just outside the tower hovered her mate, wearing the tattered remains of his armor. She stood up from her cushion and strode quickly toward him. He easily climbed over the rail and reached her side. Instead of embracing they stood side by side and she led him forwards.
 
"Father, it's good to see you…" Stellari remarked. "But where's Raditz…"
 
"That loudmouth? He's on his way down. He wanted to thank the Namek for his help and get cleaned up. I told him it was a waste of time because I've been cooped up in that place for far too long," Bardock grunted. He plunked down on the cushion, and Kinoha pushed her cup of sensu tea into his large hand.
 
"So, did you become a Super Saiyan?" asked Stellari.
 
"Later, girl. This stuff tastes bitter, but it's just the thing I need. I'm itching to hunt. That food in that chamber's garbage after a whole blasted year," Bardock pulled a face. Absent from around his brow was the headband he normally wore, and half of his armored coat was missing. Eagerly he downed the cup of tea.
 
"Bring him some of that soup. It's extra strong. We don't have many Sensu left, but this will fix you right up… and I think I have some rice left," Korin said. Yajerobe grumbled to himself, letting Korin fetch the food instead. Slowly Kinoha's tail slid around Bardock's thigh, tightening.
 
"I missed you, old man," she teased.
 
"We'll settle that later, woman," Bardock winked at her. His own tail detached from where it was twined around his waist, creeping around hers instead. While keeping their hands to themselves their tails betrayed their great hunger at being separated.
 
"Why didn't Raditz come with you! I don't care how he smells I want to see the big jerk," Stellari complained.
 
"You've domesticated him too much," Bardock teased her. "He wanted to get changed before he came down."
 
"You might want to change yourself, with all due respect, Father," mumbled Stellari, holding her nose. The scent of unwashed sweaty Saiyan male filled the immediate area.
 
"Phew who's stinking around here… man!" Yajerobe complained, dragging up another tray of food with Korin nearby.
 
"You'd best abide by our host's wishes, love," Kinoha leveled her gaze at him.
 
"Fine, whatever you say. But I'm starving," Bardock complained. Eagerly he reached for the trays laden with bowls that the others had prepared, stuffing his face.
 
"He must be Goku's dad, cause he eats just like him," Yajerobi whispered to Korin. Both had backed away and stood watching the scene of consumption with something between disgust and amazement.
 
"I see the resemblance all right. Pretty scary. But it explains a lot," Korin nodded. His nose twitched at the smell of weeks of sweat and gore, and he wondered if it was Saiyan custom to go unwashed for so long.
 
"Might I suggest you take him downstairs to the bathroom? There should be a fire going… you might feel a lot better with a hot bath," Korin suggested. Yajerobi cursed again, and held his nose. Bardock stood up, shaking his head as Kinoha tugged his arm. Stellari gently squeezed his arm, and then watched her Father in law being led away by Korin and his mate. They soon descended into the inner bowls of the tower. Yajerobi looked on before following down the stars.
 
"Don't fall off or anything. I'm not responsible if you do," Yajerobi mumbled. Suddenly his eyes grew wide as saucers, and he pointed to something just over her shoulder. Whirling around Stellari saw something glowing bright gold just outside the railing.
 
"Oh man… what the hell IS that?" he stammered. "I'm NOT hanging around!"
 
"Raditz!" Stellari laughed, rushing towards the railing. She threw herself over and strong arms plucked her off the surface and squeezed her close.
 
"I've been without you too long, woman," Raditz whispered. Bright energies surged from his body to hers, and she pressed her face into his neck. Strong arms wrapped around her, seeming larger in size then she was accustomed to. In fact as she looked into his turquoise gaze his hair seemed far spikier.
 
"There was a level beyond Super Saiyan that I've found," said Raditz quietly. "Kakkarot had spoken of the possibility, but Father and I have reached it."
 
"A Super Saiyan mark 2?" she asked.
 
"I'm not sure. But it is something that I can only achieve for short periods. It was my idea to remain in this form for as long as possible. To see how long I can retain my strength and reach even greater power," Raditz commented.
 
"You mean like Goku hinted he and Gohan were doing when they came out?" Stellari asked. Effortlessly Raditz held her at arm's length, afraid he might crush her if he held her too close. He seemed almost like an angel or great guardian of legend, bathing her in the yellow glow that shined forth from his very skin. Even the karate Gi he wore had turned from orange to gold.
 
"I apologize for not coming sooner. But I wanted to shower and change before I saw you once more. Father did not have such reservations. He says I'm quite… humanized," Raditz said with a wrinkled from of his golden brow. Every black hair was now glowing from within like a small star. Great power surged through the rapport and she felt her own body regaining strength.
 
"You feel so… so…"
 
"You're not afraid of me, are you love? I am still the man you've mated… and far more. I'm nearly invincible," he murmured.
 
She gasped with the sensation of the golden energy surging through her. The warmth of white hot energy slowly seemed to vibrate her own molecules faster, and she wondered if this was an 'accelerated state' or 'excited state'. Like an electron excited by sunlight and giving off its own 'photons'. It resembled fusion or stellar processes so much… All the weariness from her battle with Kinoha evaporated with the touch of his husband's hands to her arms. A gold tail wrapped around her waist, holding her tightly to his pelvis. Indeed he seemed taller and of greater muscles mass then before.
 
"Your children miss you," she whispered.
 
"Is Chichi caring for them?" he asked.
 
She nodded in confirmation. "I wish to see them. You will not believe what I can do, love. There seems no limit to my power…"
 
"Can you handle it?" she asked.
 
"I will need you to remind me," he said, leaning down to claim her lips in a kiss. Safe and protected in the arms of her husband, Stellari didn't notice that his aura had surrounded her, and her own skin seemed to glow a faint purple. Much like it had with Gohan, her own body was charged with the residuals of Super Saiyan power.
 
"I've been without you for a year. And I sorely missed you," Raditz whispered in her ear once their kiss broke. She nodded, then tossed her head in the direction of the tower.
 
"Hey, you must be Raditz," Korin called. Both of them swiveled to look at the white cat gazing up at them thoughtfully though they did not see his eyes.
 
"My thanks for your hospitality," Raditz said. "I hope my father hasn't imposed too much."
 
"Nah. I've seen worse. Yajerobe's one to complain and he only bathes once a month," Korin pointed with one paw not holding his staff.
 
"Hey! Baths just… waste time. But I never smelled THAT bad," Yajerobi complained, from across the tower's opposite side.
 
"Your father's taking his time. Seems he has some unfinished business," Korin said with a knowing smirk.
 
"I don't EVEN want to know. I'm outta here," Yajerobe pulled a face.
 
"Tell him that I will see him at the meeting point, when he's ready to return, if you would," Raditz said.
 
"Tell him yourself. I know you can talk to each other telepathically," Korin interrupted. In response to Raditz sudden lip opening he added, "I know more about you Saiyans then you might guess. After all, Goku's one of you."
 
"I see," said Raditz.
 
"I'm sure Father won't mind. After all you've been in each other's faces for a year. A bit of time apart won't kill you, right?" Stellari said, anxious for her husband's touch after what seemed an eternity. Only twenty four hours seemed far more then she desired. Apart from the sensation of his thoughts she had felt nearly sick.
 
"Go on you two. And give Goku my regards!" Korin waved them with a dismissive chuckle. Inclining his head, Raditz then swept Stellari up in his arms. She clung to her husband's neck as he rocketed off through the stormy clouds of evening.