Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Gohan's absence ( Chapter 76 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. The anime/manga was created by Akira Toriyama, and is owned by Shonen Jump and Toei Animation Co. Ltd. This is a work of fan fiction and means no harm to the anime or manga it pays tribute to. I'm not making money for this.
Royal Namekian Blues
No Fear of the Power
 
A/N: Thanks for the suggestion that Butterfly V posed in their review: Great update. I'm thinking that with Raditz's new powers, he must've had a lot of thinking about how present himself with his new abilities and have Stellari not look at him as a threat while he was showering and changing clothes which took him longer to get to Korin's Tower, if he's having to deal with her initial shyness and fear. Also with Konoha wanting to hear from Korin the tale about the training methods he used on Goku as a child, what's the bet that Korin would make them have a go at it
 
Far away at Korin's tower, two Saiyan remained to receive a very strange variation of training. Prince Vegeta and his son Trunks had continued their training, each deciding to spend another year in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber in order to boost their powers. Indeed they had come and seen the Prince and Trunks on their way up. It had all started when Kinoha demanded to know what special training Korin had given her son Goku. Bardock had also wondered what the story was, when the Prince arrived.
 
"Sire," Bardock asked, rushing to the railing. In midair hovered the two armored figures, their bodies a bit battered. "What news?"
 
"Your Majesty, did you again encounter the Androids?" Kinoha asked, getting up and wandering over. She prostrated herself before the Prince's booted feet after he climbed over the railing and stood only feet from the fountain.
 
"We've just had the misfortune of running across that jackass who calls himself 17, and that sadist 18," Vegeta answered.
 
"Father, you shouldn't have taunted her. Krillin said that…"
 
"And where is he? Moping in the shack with the old man and the turtle? Of what use is he, but crying over what should be a washing machine! At least Nappa has more sense, training with his daughter," Vegeta barked at Trunks, angry with his son for bringing up such a matter before his underlings. "I thank you not to discuss such matters before third class!"
 
Kinoha glanced up at the Prince's son in sympathy, shaking her head and mouthing for him to apologize. At sight of her, Trunks hung his head. "Father… I'm sorry," Trunks mumbled averting his gaze.
 
"Bardock, you're ordered to train with Nappa. Show him what you know from Raditz, that he may achieve the Super Saiyan. Trunks and I will train now in the Hyperbolic time chamber," Vegeta announced, regal posture ramrod straight. Korin commented to himself how Vegeta always stood as if he had poker shoved up his royal backside, to which Yajerobe had agreed.
 
"And what of I, sire?" asked Kinoha.
 
"I order that you continue to remain here and guard this place. And if there are any more sensu beans, deliver them to Capsule," Vegeta ordered. AT this remark he shifted his gaze towards the stoic Korin.
 
"Almost done, just a few more days," Korin said, licking his paw. Combing his face with it he continued to groom himself in full sight of the Prince. "Speaking of which, that Android 13's been stirring things up. Apparently…"
 
"I know some of my third class warriors and their altruistic ways. Wise of them," said Vegeta.
 
"Shouldn't they train perhaps?" Trunks asked Vegeta.
 
"Those bums are getting stronger, but they still don't have a prayer of reaching this level in time, even in that magic place," Bardock grunted, interrupting another possible altercation between father and son.
 
"Agreed," Vegeta said. "Though they do well in protecting the populace of the major cities. I've ordered Turles to send detachments of Saiyans in most major population centers."
 
"Fasha said she made contact with the daughter of a rather high profile person," Bardock announced, still on one knee before the Prince. "A man who calls himself the World Champion."
 
"That idiot who's been swaggering around offering a challenge to that Android 13?" Vegeta cocked a brow. "Idiot! Of all the impertinence!"
 
"It might not be all that bad, with all due respect, your Majesty," Bardock chuckled. "He'll provide a good diversion while we get ready. Then when he least expects we can ALL strike."
 
"Good point," Trunks nodded. Vegeta grunted, indicating his agreement of Bardock's insight.
 
"Very well. You have your orders. Come on Trunks, let's get this over with," Vegeta said. Trunks nodded, then shot a look of gratitude towards Bardock and Kinoha. They both rose to their feet after the Prince stepped off the railing of Korin's tower.
 
"He always walks around like he's got a stick up his ass," Yajerobe commented, poking his head out of the entrance to the lower levels of the tower.
 
"Humph, don't mind him. It's his royal privilege," Bardock laughed. "Mind entertaining the lady while I'm gone?"
 
"No problem, if she wants to stay. Besides, I was right in the middle of a story," Korin shrugged.
 
"And you HATE being interrupted. This guy loves to hear himself talk," Yajerobe whispered up to Bardock.
 
"Your village called, Yajerobe," Kinoha chuckled, throwing back her head. "They're missing their idiot."
 
"Humph," Yajerobe shook his head, then stuck his tongue out at her. "I know when I'm not wanted here…"
 
"Shut up and sit down Yajerobe. This brings back some entertaining memories," Korin held up a paw. Striding over to Kinoha, Bardock leaned down and nipped her ear. She did the same, and felt his slap to her backside.
 
"Later, woman," he nodded. The next moment he blasted off, leaving a green ki trail behind him. She watched for a time, then wandered over to sit down again near Korin.
 
"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Korin asked, turning his attention to her.
 
"I want to. Why should those bums have all the fun, when I can ascend as well?" asked Kinoha. "From what you have told me, Kakkarot… Son Goku achieved much by your training. Anything you can dish out I can take."
 
"You'll be sorry," Yajerobe taunted. Kinoha bared her teeth at him, hissing ferally.
 
"Simmer down. Since you insist, it's not for the faint of heart," Korin brought both paws together in a definitive slap.
 
"I will not fail," said Kinoha with a proud toss of her shoulders. Yajerobe shrugged, wandering off to find some refreshments for the upcoming show.
***
It had been a long battle Raditz had fought with himself just prior to returning to Korin's tower to reunite with his mate. Even now as he woke up beside Stellari he rubbed his brow. Around them the silent whistling of the wind reminded him that they were one day closer to the fateful encounter with 13. Vegeta and Trunks would continue to train, while Bardock had reported that Nappa was showing some progress.
 
Yawning, he stretched, glad that they had put aside their fears. For hours on end they'd made love, finally sneaking back to the Son home under cover of dark. Both had slept in through a greater part of the day, and been dead to the world for any further excitement. Rather Raditz had arisen to care for the two children while Stellari continued to slumber.
 
He heard the sounds of two whelps rustling, followed by a loud protesting hungry cry. Stellari opened her eyes, blinking up into the concerned face of her husband. To her surprise they were still turquoise, his gold waterfall draping to fall around them both like a secret curtain. "I'd better see to the babies," she said by way of apology, and Raditz pulled the covers back, watching his wife's hips sway under the fabric of the robe she tugged around herself.
 
Two fists knocked on the door, and Raditz grabbed the pair of boxer shorts nearby the bed. Pulling them on he then opened the door partway to see Fermi and Bohr carrying trays piled high with sandwiches and a thermos of hot coffee. "Daddy, here's something you asked for last night," Bohr said.
 
"Thank you," said Raditz, reaching down for them.
 
"Mom, you okay?" Fermi called into the room, hearing the sounds of their mother and siblings.
 
"You need some help?" Bohr asked. Raditz slowly nodded, yawning but carrying the heavy trays while his adoptive sons trotted into the upstairs bedroom they shared. They had cleaned out the attic together to make a nursery for the children, under the Prince's orders to live at the Son's residence lest the androids attack again.
 
"I'll get the diaper for you," Bohr volunteered. Invisible tendrils of thought swept out, grasping the soiled changing clothes that Stellari removed. Raditz meanwhile set either tray down on a small folding table with Fermi's help.
 
"Gohan brought some girl home," Fermi announced, causing Raditz to cast him a questioning gaze.
 
"Really? I see we missed quite a bit of entertainment," he said.
 
"While him and Mr. Piccolo were training," Fermi continued, sitting down opposite his adoptive father. Raditz turned his gaze to watch Stellari and Bohr each holding a squirming Saiyan whelp. Stellari held Radzia who was already nursing, while Bohr had his arm curled around his younger half brother balanced on his hip. The male Saiyan child hungrily sucked on a large formula bottle, his brown furry tail wrapping around his brother's waist. Stellari settled herself in the rocking chair near the large dual crib pen, but Bohr wandered over carrying his brother towards the table filled with food.
 
"Come eat something," Raditz called to her. He grabbed a handful of fruit, then crossed the room in two strides to reach Stellari's side. With one hand he reached down and boosted her out of the chair, baby and all, then sat down in the chair himself.
 
"You'd better not sit there, you'll break it," Stellari mumbled as he plunked her on his lap, baby and all.
 
"Aunt Chichi said that even Uncle Goku couldn't break that chair. She says the Ox King himself had it specially built, remember mom?" Bohr called out. Fermi tossed up a grape and popped it into his mouth.
 
"What's this about Gohan brining a girl home?" Stellari asked through mouthfuls of breakfast. Raditz busied himself shoving food into Stellari's mouth as she continued to nurse. Fermi wandered over with one of the food trays, seeing both parents curled up in the rocking chair with the young new sister.
 
"Gohan made off like a hero," said Fermi.
 
"Saved a girl from a dinosaur attack and brought her here. She's resting in Gohan's room now," added Bohr, now burping his younger brother. The Saiyan child grabbed a fistful of curls, and tugged on them causing Bohr to wince.
 
"I would have loved to see that," Stellari nodded.
 
"It's Mr. Satan's daughter, mom, can you believe it?" asked Fermi.
 
"Wait, you mean she's HERE? What on earth?" Stellari blinked. Raditz grinned with amusement and Stellari gaped at him. Chewing a mouthful of meat he leaned over and pressed his lips to hers.
 
"Yeah, it's pretty cool. Though she had a broken leg and all," Bohr supplied. Fermi's head quickly snapped to the side, and he narrowed his eyes as if listening to something distant.
 
"Uh oh," Bohr nodded a second later. "Something's wrong… Aunt Chichi's worried sick…"
 
"I feel Kakkarot's ki, and hers, but not Gohan's," Raditz realized, straightening up. "Perhaps he's gone to train with the Namek… but I don't sense any other ki…"
 
"She's gone, and so is Gohan," Fermi announced. "Someone's in BIIIG trouble…"
 
Minutes later they heard Chichi's piercing shriek from downstairs, "Where is she? GOKU!!!"
 
Everyone exchanged nervous glances when they heard that, followed by Goku's muffled reply, "What's wrong, honey?"
 
"Gohan, he's missing too!" cried Chichi.
 
"Oh terrific," Stellari mumbled, pushing herself off Raditz lap and grabbing a mouthful of food. To Raditz annoyance she carried the baby, rushing out of the room. He rose to his feet, then walked past Fermi and Bohr. Shrugging, the twins half flew down the stairs with their brother still looking in surprise over Bohr's shoulder.
 
When they reached downstairs, Stellari handed Radzia to Raditz, rushing over to where Chichi paced anxiously around. Her hair was frizzed out, indicating she had been pulling at it. Dark eyes gleamed wide with fear that Fermi and Bohr felt painfully apparent through their psychic probes. They were on Raditz heels at the foot of the stairs.
 
"Kakkarot, what is going on?" Raditz barked, noticing Goku entering from the back area of the house where he and Chichi's room was next down from Gohan's.
 
"The window's open, Chichi and I don't' sense him in the immediate area… I only just got back from training myself with Piccolo! Maybe he's gone off to train…"
 
"With her?" asked Chichi frantically.
 
"Her who? Mr. Satan's daughter?" Stellari asked, rushing over to her sister in law.
 
"Gohan's really blown it this time! Her father will be here any minute to pick up the girl, what am I supposed to tell him?" Chichi panicked. Stellari wrapped an arm around her shoulders, giving her a reassuring hug.
 
"Easy now, don't panic I'm sure we can just explain," Goku said.
 
"Kakkarot, what the hell DID I miss? I go away for a short time and the place breaks down. That's just like you, little brother without me to keep you out of trouble," Raditz rested his hands on his hips, glaring at Goku.
 
"Raditz, knock it off," Stellari glared at him. She walked Chichi over to the nearby sofa, helping the hysterical woman to sit down. Frowning, Raditz continued to carry his daughter, who had wound fingers through her father's great mane and was pulling on it. Fermi and Bohr wandered over to where Goku and Raditz stood regarding one another, each looking back and forth quickly as if watching a tennis match.
 
"Maybe we should go look?" Fermi asked.
 
"Stay with your mother. Kakkarot, let's go find this son of yours before he gets himself into trouble. You help mollify this girl's father and reassure her we're looking for her whelp," said Raditz.
 
"Right," Stellari nodded.
 
"Dammit," cursed Chichi under her breath before she snapped a hand over her mouth. Her eyes widened when she saw Stellari's sons give a slight grin.
 
"Umm, you said a cuss word," Bohr winced.
 
"Not now," Raditz snapped. Both boys hid their grins.
 
"All right, I'll go look for him, Chichi. I'll even tell Piccolo to join the search…" Goku promised, crossing over to lean over Chichi. Gently he stroked her hair, and patted her shoulder clumsily.
 
"Be careful," Stellari said, reaching for Radzia. Fermi took Planck, and shook his head. Raditz grunted, then marched off to find his armor. It wasn't long before Chichi sipped tea, brought to her by Stellari, and busied herself with holding her niece on her hip. Housework and child care were her answer to being worried, and if she couldn't fuss over Gohan, her nephew or niece filled the bill nicely.
 
"Let's go, Brother," said Raditz. Both men kissed their wives goodbye, and soon dwindled to the size of distant glittering stars on the horizon.