Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Meeting up with Fasha ( Chapter 77 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. It belongs to Akira Toriyama and is licensed by Shonen Jump, Toei Animation Co. Ltd Shuisha Bird Studios.
“It's the little warrior,” Fasha said, shielding her eyes with one hand. Her scouter bleeped only seconds before, heralding the approach of two distant figures.
“Who's that?” Tora asked his mouth partly full of roasted quail. Shugesh had gotten another fire going, its smoke curling up into the afternoon air.
“Looks like a female and Kakkarot's young whelp,” Fasha chuckled. “I'll go meet them.”
“Better throw more kill on the fire then,” Shugesh mumbled pragmatically. Toma grunted, watching as Fasha strode forwards out of the cave's entrance. Her stocky muscular legs were sheathed in one gold legging while the other was bare. White boots pushed off the ground and launched her into the air easily.
Meanwhile Gohan felt his face flush hot with embarrassment when Videl wrapped her arm more securely around his neck. He worried about grabbing her in the wrong place because he remembered his mistake with another village girl Lime when he'd rescued her from the river. She'd called him pervert because he grabbed her around the chest.
“What are you looking so worried about?” Videl asked him. She noticed the intent stare in his dark eyes and felt the tension in his young body.
“Sorry,” Gohan apologized and turned his head to look at her. “I just don't want to be holding onto you on the wrong place that's all.”
“And what place would that be?” Videl blinked with amusement at the shy look that he gave her.
“Uh… on the chest… um… you know…” Gohan chuckled nervously. He carefully swung her around, and then hooked his hands under her knees while the other supported her back. Videl noticed the change in position and realized he was worried about their bodies pressing together.
“Aw c'mon you don't have to get all silly! I don't care how you carry me,” Videl rolled her eyes. Boys were so weird!
“Just want to do the right thing for a young lady. My mom always taught me good manners,” said Gohan quietly.
“That's new. Most boys I know don't care about that. You're kind of weird that way to worry about that. I'm not a lady, I'm a kid like you,” Videl answered him. The more time she spent around him, the more he seemed like an adult trapped in a child's body.
Once more he tensed, and Videl watched as his eyes closed for a second. That same crackling energy surged over her skin as well as his, and she felt goosepimply on her arms. Then she saw those dark eyes pop open again to flit nervously at her. “Someone's heading this way. They're power's not very high…”
 
“How can you tell? I don't see a thing!” Videl protested. Yet Gohan shifted her more securely in his arms before resuming his flight towards the approaching ki.
“I felt their ki…”
“There what?” Videl frowned.
“Ki. It's the energy you have… “
“Another one of those tricks you can do, huh?” Videl blinked at him.
“It's not a trick it's just a technique,” Gohan protested.
“Well where I come from it sounds like a trick,” Videl insisted. “My dad has all sorts of tricks he uses to fool his opponent. Though I wish he'd stop using them so darn much! I mean he's strong enough he doesn't need them!”
“There,” Gohan nodded. His first impulse was to let go of Videl, but he squelched it realizing that wouldn't be a very polite or safe thing to do. So he gesticulated with his head instead. Videl turned her own head towards where he indicated, her violet eyes straining to see the distinct speck glimmering like a small star.
“Is it a Saiyan, or can you tell?” Videl asked her companion.
Gohan concentrated a bit before he announced, “Saiyan. Not a high power level but it reminds me of Grandma Kinoha's.”
Relief filled Videl's face when she saw the shape expand in size, taking on the configuration of a female in black armor. Light gleamed off the scouter covering her left eye, obscuring it partly behind green glass. Indeed it was a familiar female flying towards them, her pink undershirt and shorts along with yellow and white boots and gloves setting off the distinctive armor well.
“Fasha!” Videl called out.
“This is a surprise, young one,” Fasha said, gliding to a stop. Still her Saiyan power aura flickered around her while she took in the sight of Gohan hovering there.
“Ma'am,” Gohan bowed his head respectfully. “Miss Videl here wanted to see you and since she can't fly on her own…”
“We're going to have to fix that, whelp,” Fasha indicated. “And you're quite the image of your grandfather. Though you're a bit on the pale side.”
“Miss?”
“Follow me. We've got a fresh kill. I'm sure the others will get a kick out of seeing you. Especially you, Gohan. They've yet to meet Kakakarot's child, so it's a treat,” Fasha nodded. She spun about, and then led the way. Gohan nodded, indicating for Videl to hug him tightly around the neck as he descended after her. He had to admit he enjoyed the closeness of her in his arms and the slightly flowery scent of her long ponytailed hair.
“Yipe…” Videl yelped, and then laughed at the sudden rush of her pounding heart when she opened her eyes. Gohan easily kept up to Fasha's course, dropping into the canopy of the forests. In and around the trees the Saiyan female wove, as if challenging him.
“Hold on,” Gohan urged. Videl couldn't help but be impressed with the skill of the boy carrying her, and soon forgot her fears when they followed Fasha into a clearing. Sure enough they saw the smoke curling up from the flickering flames ringed by stones. Around them she and Gohan spotted the huddled figures messing about with animal carcasses.
Fasha dropped down, white boots touching the ground first. She waved and strode towards the group of Bardock's teammates. Gohan's brown Namekian boots lightly tapped the ground, and he automatically followed the female Saiyan. Videl tugged on his sleeve and said, “Hey you can put me down now, Gohan!”
“Sorry,” he blushed, and then gently set her on her feet again. She strode quickly to close the gap between her and Videl, but Gohan appeared by her side.
“Well well, it's the young warrior again?” Toma waved from the fire. Gohan saw the Saiyan in blue armor rise to his feet while the other two simply turned their heads to look at Fasha and the two new arrivals. Gohan automatically reached over to touch Videl's arm, then step slightly between her and the Saiyans. His shoulders hunched slightly while his other hand rose up before him, and both his feet were planted at a steady distance.
“Gohan, what are you doing?” Videl asked, and then realized he was simply adopting a protective stance.
“Whoa, looking fierce there, whelp,” Toma grinned broadly at Gohan. “You're Bardock's grandkid all right. Got that killer instinct in your eye.”
“C'mon you two… we won't bite,” Fasha said, returning to them and glancing down in amusement at Gohan.
“Sorry Mr. Toma and Miss Fasha. Just a reflex I have,” Gohan apologized. “To protect people from unknown dangers.”
“You do well to be on edge, whelp,” Totepo commented with a smirk. “These are dangerous times.”
“So are you going to sit down and eat, or spar? Either way it'd be fun to see what you're made of. Bardock's spoke highly of you,” Toma waved towards the ring of stones.
Videl grabbed Gohan's hand, after she stepped around him. Tugging him after her she said, “C'mon, what are you waiting for?”
“Hey wait,” Gohan protested, feeling a jolt of electricity bolt up his arm at the feel of Videl's gloved hand taking his. Her firm grip was strong he realized. Here was a girl who could take care of herself, or so she thought. He only hoped that impulsivity wouldn't get her into trouble. However when Gohan saw the carcasses hanging by the fire ready to be roasted he quickly moved to help Shugesh continue to skin and clean them.
Any entrails were thrown into a stew or chewed on by Totep. Videl hardly seemed phased, rather sitting next to Fasha and glancing around at the other Saiyans assembled there. Gohan soon reached over to pull a drumstick off one of the freshly roasted fowl. He handed it towards her and she took it eagerly. “Thanks,” she said.
“You're welcome,” Gohan said politely. He pulled himself to sit next to her on the rock, keeping about an inch of space between them. However he was far closer to her than the other Saiyans were to one another.
“You're pretty handy with food prep. Someone said you just did nothing but read,” Shugesh said.
“Get off it. He's a fighter like his father and grandfather,” Toma snorted and then laughed.
“Don't mind these loudmouths kid. You're stronger then all of them put together by the look of the scouter,” Fasha said as she pressed a button on the side of the beeping contraption.
“That's great and all, but we have to tell you something,” Videl interrupted. The others glanced at her; Sugesh was in the process of biting off a piece of meat so a piece of loose skin dangled from his lips. Fasha and Toma both swallowed the mouthfuls they ate, while Totep slurped marrow from a thick cracked bone.
“Um what?” Shugesh grunted.
“Something's wrong, and we can't just wait any longer,” said Gohan.
“You're all in great danger. My dad's thinking Android 13 is right, and everyone believes him. He's going to stand up to him and I'm worried sick. People think of you as monsters and I know you're not,” Videl said.
“Well we know we're not number one on the popularity list,” Fasha chuckled. “But we're not exactly pushovers.”
“Maybe so, but we thought we should warn you anyway,” Gohan nodded. “The Android Games are only another day away…”