Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Back to Bliss ( Chapter 78 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Dragon Ball Z belongs to Akira Toriyama, not me. Only Bliss is mine. This story means no harm to the anime/manga.
My thanks to Stained Lace for inspiration for this chapter. It's much appreciated!
 
After an eternity of searching Future Trunks had finally homed in on a familiar ki. Heart pounding in his chest he soared towards the secret base, his freshly cut hair strangely light. He'd grown accustomed to it hanging like a curtain on either side of his face and the feel of the ponytail at the nape of his neck.
“Don't worry Bliss, I'm coming,” he vowed, as if his thoughts could reach her. Although they had not done anything beyond exchanging kisses and holding hands he could fantasize. Though some Saiyans formed bonds before even more than such pleasantries were exchanged. Such thoughts were far more pleasant that the hot boiling blood of the past few days that twisted his stomach in anger.
Vegeta had said that it was Saiyan instinct coming to the fore. Especially since Bliss was a demi saiyan like himself, and Trunks body responded to the urges of his youth that were long denied, or channeled other ways. Fighting for the future diverted his body's intentions to mate for only so long. It was far past time he took a mate or at least satisfied the urges as unmated saiyans did when `cavorting' or `courting'.
White boots touched down silently on the ground outside the concealed base. Trunks ears picked up only the sound of wind whistling on desolate rocks, and his nose flared at the trace of her scent mingled with an inhuman one. He could well be walking into a trap, but he didn't care. If it gave him the chance to defend her he welcomed it. He was almost careless as he raised his palm facing forwards and channeled a Ki blast to the small armored door painted with the Red Ribbon symbol. It easily disintegrated in a puff of smoke and shattered metal.
Laser beams sizzled through the air with the stench of ozone. Easily Trunks hand flashed multiple directions, diverting the beams before firing back. Cameras evaporated in bright mini blossoms of ki. The golden gleam of his Super Saiyan aura reflected on any metallic surfaces. At shoulder level he saw the blur of his own reflection, and the slight glow of his aura illuminating the darkness around him. Meeting no further resistance other than a few traps Trunks arrived at the source of her ki, and lay his hand upon the door. Metal bubbled and hissed with the ki shimmering through its molecular bonds while Trunks vibrated them to breaking point. It crumbled to dust, unable to withstand the onslaught of such high excitation.
Gleaming ki shackles encased the wrists of a female figure bound on a table. Scratches under her fingernails indicated how much she had struggled, yet now she lay lifeless, her lips barely moving. Judging from her broken armor and torn spandex she had suffered some sort of probing or torture. Though he saw a few cuts that were fast healing Trunks growled deeply. Trunks strode inside, his senses screaming on full alert. He smelled nothing but her, and his blood once more boiled, calling for answers. Instantly he wanted to know who had done this to her, and why she was left here to die with no other explanation. Save the cuffs that bound her and the crackling energy he discerned from the fetters he touched. For a moment his power aura faded and he knew it was a ki suppressor.
“Bliss, can you hear me?” Trunks asked, cupping her cheek. He bent down and listened, hearing the rasp of her breath and still feeling the flicker of her ki at a low level. Still bound over one eye was a cracked scouter, obscuring her lovely face. There were no cuts and bruises here, but he could see her lips looking strangely dark and bruised.
Slowly she blinked up, then spasmed and screamed, her back arching. Trunks grabbed the restraints and ripped them apart with his bare strength alone. Energy fizzled and crackled and he slid his hand under her knees and back to lift her off the table. A bleeping whizz and a flashing red light suddenly heralded a screaming klaxon. Not bothering to stop Trunks accelerated his way out of the cell complex. His saiyan aura flared brightly, blasting away any debris or rubble. Around him the world seemed to explode, and he knew from the smell of explosives just how narrow his escape had been.
“It was a trap all right, but they blew it,” he laughed harshly, holding bliss to his breastplate. He risked moving her even if she had broken bones because instinct told him it was too easy. So quickly did his body accelerate he knew he must resemble a blazing gold comet bursting from the heart of the death blossom. Chunks of mountainside hissed and blew towards the heavens, churning up a black column of smoke he veered away from.
Only when he was a mile or so away did Trunks stop, hovering over the desert with her body cradled close. Arms wrapped around his neck in a death grip and he felt her mouth and nose pressed to his neck. Thankfully the high collar of the spandex stopped the tickle of her hot breath that was tingling his skin. Softly her chest moved inside the hard shell of her armored breastplate, and Trunks glanced down at her parted lips. She blinked up at him with bright blue eyes that gleamed with joy and surprise.
“Your majesty!” she cried.
“Bliss are you okay…”
“You shouldn't have come for me!” she yelled and glared at him, smacking the front of his armor.
“You mean the trap? As if that would stop me?” Trunks smirked, glad she wasn't crying because he wasn't sure if he could handle that.
“You… you idiot!” Bliss cursed, and then hugged him tightly around the neck. “You stupid fool! It won't be long before 17 gets back!”
“And we'll be far away from here by then,” Trunks said, satisfied she was just a bit banged up. He accelerated to a quick speed, wrapping them in his ki envelope.
Bliss's cracked scouter pinged and bleeped, and she reached up to adjust it. “What did I tell you?”
“Hold on and keep quiet!” Trunks shushed her. “And that's an order from your Prince!”
“Yes… your HIGHNESS,” Bliss answered, seeing the commanding glare in his teal eyes. He heard the note of sarcasm in her tone and smiled.
“How far away are they?” Trunks asked.
“One mile and closing!” Bliss said, and then opened her mouth to say, “But you should let me off because I can still fight…”
“No more talking! I'm rescuing you,” Trunks said firmly. “Didn't I say to hang on?”
Bliss shut up again, and a blush covered her face. She stared past her Prince's neck to see the tiny specks increasing in size. One of them had a red bandanna around his neck, his black hair fluttering like a banner behind him.
“17,” she whispered.
“Perfect,” Trunks frowned. “He's MINE! He didn't do this to you?”
“It wasn't just him… it was someone else…”she trailed off.
“I don't care, he'll PAY!” Trunks gritted, spinning around. Then glancing down at Bliss he said, “Grab onto my back and don't let go!”
“I can hover if you need to fight…” Bliss said, as he released her.
“Hang onto my back!” Trunks repeated, with a smile on his face. “Your prince commands.”
Bliss mumbled something and wrapped her arms around his neck, her chest pressed to his back. Spanning his arms wide, Trunks flashed his hands back and forth in rapid motion. Between his palms a large glowing blue sphere whirled into life. It crackled and sizzled the air around it, while Bliss felt the energies surging like lightening down Trunks arms. Because she was Saiyan partly, his energy wouldn't hurt her if she was this close to him physically. Yet it was thrilling and breath catching all the same.
“Burning ATTACK!” Trunks howled, hurling the sphere with white gloved hands. Blazing hot white it hissed through the atmosphere towards the distant flyspeck they knew to be 17. Her eyes narrowed as Bliss watched the energy ball impact with something, t hen spread out ten times its size. A blinding flare almost seared her eyes if she didn't snap them closed. The resulting shockwave slammed into them and she felt the blast of wind slash into them both. Unfazed Trunks hovered, his hands held up to anticipate any attack.
“Watch out!” Bliss yelled, her scouter pinging.
“Got it!” Trunks answered, throwing up his hands to block the volley of blazing red spheres zinging towards them from the heart of the ball of smoke. From the heart of it exploded a figure in tattered clothes, his face twisted with rage.
“Damn you, those were new!” 17 shouted as he increased in size.
“Hrrraaaaagh!” Trunks yelled, hurling a rapid pelting of kiko ha. 17 dodged and weaved in retaliation.
“Don't let go, whatever you do!” Trunks barked to bliss. She squeezed his neck, feeling his body lurch with sudden acceleration. One gloved fist was positioned before him, his entire body gleaming with increased gold ki.
Her eyes were squeezed shut when she heard a loud angry scream. Then the impact of something hitting and Trunks grunting as he pushed something off. A second later she opened her eyes and saw something dropping towards the landscape. The smell of circuits and the tang of blood on her cheek told her the answer. Trunks glanced down, hovering as he raised one hand and generated another glowing sphere.
“For GOHAN!” he howled, sending the blazing missile down. His face was firmly set in a mask of something between hatred and resolution.
It resembled the look his father Prince Vegeta wore often enough. Bliss smiled in pride to see the Saiyan Prince Trunks glowing with the full power of ascended Ultra elite. His muscles were bulkier, and his body solid and substantial. She tingled with desire, seeing and smelling his battle lust.
From below a dome of light blistered like an ugly boil on the desert's face. Her scouter ping suddenly died, indicating that the target had been hit. Yet her judgment told her otherwise. She whispered to Trunks, “We should go. There's no telling if he may repair himself or someone may come to get him.”
“That's what I was afraid of. Let's get you to the Orange Star Hospital,” Trunks whispered. Bliss held onto him as he blasted off, streaking off over the desert towards Orange Star City where his mother awaited.
As they flew along Bliss whispered in Trunks ear, “Thank you, your majesty for saving me. I'm sorry I called you a fool. Please forgive…”
“There's nothing to forgive Bliss. Are you okay?”
“Yes, I'm fine,” she said, and Trunks stiffened as he felt a pair of lips press to his ear. He screeched to a stop, his arms splayed wide and his body burning. Suddenly his super Saiyan aura dropped and he almost fell out of the sky with the delicious things that Bliss was doing to his ear and cheek.
“Whoa!” he gasped, righting himself. Bliss let go of his neck and hovered across from him, her hands caching his wrists. Trunks squirmed, glancing away from her as he fought the rampant blush on his tanned skin.
“Your majesty I'm sorry…” she stammered, releasing his hands and hovering away as she saw his intense shyness.
“I… I… what was that for,” Trunks gasped, his breath heaving in and out as he pulled his hands away from her. They hovered with only a few yards between them, Trunks glancing past her with his blue eyes blinking and the cherry red stain of blood filling his cheeks.
“I shouldn't have been so familiar with you,” Bliss apologized, her own cheeks flushing.
“No, it's not that… I just… never had someone try to kiss me when I was flying… it's pretty… distracting…” he blurted out.
“I'm sorry…” she apologized again, her hands fluttering.
“N… don't be. I just um… hey are you okay? You shouldn't be flying!” Trunks suddenly exclaimed as he grabbed her wrists.
“I'm fine, your Majesty,” said Bliss, twisting her wrists.
“I see that,' Trunks answered, his heart still pounding fit to burst. Her eyes seemed to walk over his body and that same urge flooded him again.
“Are you all right, your Majesty?” Bliss asked him, her smudged face still beautiful and her eyes gleaming with admiration.
“Yes, I'm fine. Look… just… well… let's get you back… and then you can tell me what happened,” Trunks stammered. “And this time just um… let's not do that unless we both want to end up eating sand…”
“All right sire,” she nodded. Trunks moved forwards and caught her up under the knees and back again, and Bliss folded her hands so she wouldn't touch him.
“And another thing,” he said softly, his lavender hair tickling her cheek.
“Yes sire?”
“Call me Trunks, please. I hate all this your majesty stuff. It's embarrassing,” Trunks asked.
“Whatever you say Trunks,” said Bliss. “And again… I'm s…”
“No more apologizing either,” Trunks whispered, his gloves gripping her close. “I just… damn… the thought of you being…”
“You don't need to tell me,” she whispered back, her own body humming with strange desires. Her silent scouter told her that there were no more immediate problems. Yet both of them knew they were woefully out of touch.
“I can't use my radio in my scouter to contact anyone,” she informed him. She knew that he didn't want her touching him because he was not used to such contact. In the war torn world of the future in which he had come from there was little time for romance. Only the priorities of protecting. He thought not of himself but others, so the touch of an interested party was unfamiliar, not unwelcome. At least not for now. She could smell his attraction, and found herself unworthy, yet hopeful this could continue.
“Not to worry. We're almost there,” Trunks answered, nodding towards the spires of Orange Star city dead ahead.
"One more question," he whispered to her.
"What is it, s... Trunks?" she asked, catching herself just in time at his warning nose wrinkle and the momentary teasing glint in his cobalt eyes.
"Who was it that did this to you?" he asked.
"Did what?"
"That bruise on your lips... who did that to you?" Trunks repeated, his lavender brows knitting in anger.
"It was another android," she said with an angry gleam in her own eyes. "The one who cut off my tail years ago. Who forced me to tell them the secrets after they saved me... after Commander Turles ship blew up..."
"Who?" Trunks persisted, clutching her close. She shivered with joy at his concern, finding the courage to talk past her sudden shame.
"Dr... Minos. The man who made life on this world hell for me... and the one Dr. Stellari tried to protect me from. He experimented with animals and other 'creatures' Commander Red brought him. Dr. Gero called him a lunatic and that's saying much," she shivered, and pressed her face to his neck.
"Damn it. He was killed early on in my timeline," Trunks cursed. His stomach once more twisted in hatred at the memory of another mad scientist who had helped to make more abominations. Compared to him, Dr. Gero seemed almost sane. Dr. Minos, the genetic engineer and 'zookeeper' of thousands of genetic scraps that had become something else.
"So... was he the one who created Android 23?" Trunks asked, bitter hatred rising in him.
"Yes," she whispered. "And he's still alive. He... his brain... his brain's in that... c... computer..."
"What computer?" Trunks asked.
"The one that made... 13," she whispered.
"Damn it," Trunks murmured. "but that computer was Dr. Gero's creation!"
"That wasn't the main computer. He... he used some sort of machine that another scientist Dr. Wheelo had developed to tie brains into electronic circuits. The prototype that Dr. Gero used to transplant his own brain. Or at least according to what ... I remember," she twisted in fear. Trunks heard her words muffled in his ear, and held her trembling body.