Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Turles by StainedLace ( Chapter 79 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: No we don't own and we don't make money from this! This is Fanfiction! We promise to put everything back when we're done playing! Maybe…*hides Trunks, Turles, Radditz and Vegeta dolls*
This is your new co-author speaking: as you can clearly see, me and my buddy StarbearerTM have decided to combine our talents and bring you a new chapter! Some of you may have read my success story “Welcome to the Weenie Hut, Can I Take You're Order?” under the pen name Spleef. If you did you know you're in good hands. Contrary to what you may be thinking, I'm not going to go all crazy and have Goku and Vegeta fight as giant weenies or nothing --unless you ask really, really nicely… *StarbearerTM gives teacher glare*…okay, maybe not…without further adieu, I give to you CHAPTER 78!!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!
StarbearerTM: *cracks ruler on desk* I thought I told you to keep it down! You're in detention!!!
StainedLace: *fixes dunce hat, continues to copy from dictionary and sighs*
 
oOoOoOo
 
Trunks thought it best to take Bliss to a place where she could rest. He remembered there was a location not far from here where several Saiyans camped; the largest group if he wasn't mistaken. His father had given Turles the position of second-in-command of their army, and it he who led the Saiyans that resided deep within the forest Trunks now flew over.
“Where are we going?” Bliss asked after what seemed an eternity of silence.
“Here.” Trunks said stopping suddenly when he felt a large gathering of different kis directly below them.
He descended carefully; the tree tops and foliage were dense, making him meander through them like a maze. Once he broke free, he came upon a place where sunlight barely reached and all turned to night. Fires burned, the smell of roasting animals reached him, dwellings made of animal hides mixed with Capsule domes and loud voices of Saiyans rang through the forest.
Trunks himself often wondered what it would have been like to be amongst his father's race -it was one of the few thoughts he was able to think that didn't contain androids. He never thought he'd actually be amongst them as he was now.
He touched down, and gently put Bliss down. She stood shaky at first, but otherwise she was able to stand on her own. Trunks turned his blue gaze to the Saiyans that took notice of them and wasn't too sure of what to do. Bliss needed time to rest and recover, but what they needed was to regroup at Capsule Corp. He couldn't spend too much time here himself.
“Where is your commander Turles?” He demanded more forcefully than he would have liked, but he did not have time to waste.
“In the main house.” One Saiyan came forward to answer. “I will take you there.” He said after noticing the battered Bliss. “Follow me.”
Trunks followed, though much slower than he would have liked. He was certain Bliss was in much pain, but she remained stoic and walked without aid to the largest and centermost Capsule dwelling within the campsite. The Saiyan accompanying them began speaking with another Saiyan in formal armor stationed outside the house.
Words were exchanged, as well as glances in Trunks and Bliss' direction. Once satisfied, the Saiyan in the formal armor turned and rapped on the door of the house. Within seconds the door was opened, revealing the dark form of the Commander Turles standing in the doorway.
“What is it?” He questioned the Saiyans standing before him before laying eyes upon Trunks and Bliss. “Well, well, well, if it isn't my lovely Bliss accompanied by the son of Prince Vegeta. To what do I owe this pleasure?”
“Hi Turles.” Bliss barely managed to keep from rolling her eyes.
“You sure look like hell.” Turles folded his bare arms across his chest as he strode out to get a closer look. “At least you're alive.”
“Have you no common decency?!” Trunks spat. “She's hurt, aren't you going to offer any assistance?!”
“Touchy, touchy.” Turles clicked his tongue. “If she was in serious trouble, she wouldn't be able to stand. You can actually trust me on that one.” he gave a demonic grin as though he was amused by his own words. “Where is Ryouta? Ah, there she is, Ryouta! Come here and take our friend Bliss to the recovery field!”
“It's alright.” Bliss murmured to Trunks when the Saiyan female approached and laid a hand on Bliss' shoulder. “I'll be fine.”
Trunks nodded, watching as Bliss was led away. He turned then to Turles, and narrowed his gaze at the haughty commander.
“Come inside will you?” It was an order and Trunks knew it, but nonetheless he followed him into the rather cozy space.
Obviously outfitted for a man of Turles' station, all the furniture was made of deep brown leather. An area rug covered the wood flooring and the walls were painted either taupe or a burgundy red. The curtains were drawn shut and the only lighting was by the golden glass lamps randomly scattered about the space.
“Have a seat!” Turles patted the recliner before slumping into it himself.
----------------------
“You're leaving?” Nappa asked with raised eyebrows, thinking the other Saiyan with him had formally lost what senses he had.
“Does that bother you? Turles replied, swirling the liquid in his glass. “I'm fed up here, Vegeta keeps blabbering on and on about killing the incompetent 'Lord' Frieza and has nothing to show for it after ten years. I'm getting bored.”
Nappa stared long and hard at his Saiyan companion as they lounged in a desolate and private sitting area within Vegeta's suite. Turles was the slyest and most cunning of them, and was said to be as good a liar as General Zarbon. If anyone could escape Frieza's clutches it was him.
“What will you do once you leave?” Nappa inquired further, watching as his `companion' casually sipped his drink.
“What else? A career with easy money, lots of fighting and something we Saiyans are naturals at: piracy.” He ended with a haughty smirk. “The only difference is that I will be in charge and create a syndicate that will one day rival Frieza's.” Nappa laughed.
“I really hope I live to see that day.”
“Then why don't you come with me? Forget that idiot Vegeta, we're doing nothing but wasting away here under that freak Frieza's control.”
“I would mind my tongue if I were you.” Nappa emitted a low growl. “Prince Vegeta still reigns over us, he could kill you with a snap of his fingers if he caught you disregarding and insulting him so.”
“And that paranoid freak Frieza would disembowel and carve out our still beating hearts if Vegeta does decide to act upon his threats and fails.” Turles retorted matter-of-factly. “Death does not suit me either way, I'd prefer to sit and watch from a safe distance until I can defeat both Vegeta and Frieza.”
“How do you plan on doing that?!” Nappa laughed again, and then drained his own drink in one gulp. “You're talking nonsense!”
Turles shifted in his seat, leaning forward so the darkened shadows of the room contoured to his face. His midnight black eyes seemed to dance with delight and mirth as he bore his gaze down upon Nappa.
“There are many things in this universe which are beyond our comprehension that can grant us power beyond the legendary.”
“I figured you had lost it, now I'm certain!” Nappa reached for the carafe, pouring himself another glass.
“Have I?” Turles leaned back in his seat. “Tell me, have you ever heard of the Shinseiju seed?”
“Should I?” The burly Saiyan drank again.
“I've heard once you plant this seed; a tree will grow bearing fruit made of pure energy.”
“So what?”
“Use your brain!” Turles snapped. “Think of what would happen if you ate that fruit! There is no telling just how much your power would increase! Even achieving the legendary will be nothing once I find the seed!”
Nappa wringed his fingers around his glass, feeling it compress to the point of shattering. What Turles said did intrigue him. There was nothing more that he wanted than to see Frieza's downfall and the rise of a new Saiyan Empire that would stretch across the universe. But, his doubts were still there.
“Do you know where the seed is?” He asked, looking at the once again relaxed Turles.
“Yes.”
“Huh, aren't you going to tell me?”
“Hell no.”
Nappa couldn't help but grin. Turles was too cunning and far too clever a warrior. Even Vegeta was willing to over look his cocky attitude because he was such an asset. But, Turles was also a liar, a cheat and would do anything to get out of a situation he didn't particularly like. And next to Vegeta, Turles hated being in Frieza's clutches.
“How do I know that you're not making this up to get out of here?”
“Because I don't need a reason to `get out of here', and please, I could make up better stories than that.” Turles refilled his glass. “Truth is simpler than lies, and it needs not complexities."
--------------------
Okie Dokie! My thoughts were to have Turles tell the story above to Trunks. Nappa gives custody of Bliss to Turles, but Turles is a known liar, so who is to say the story above is true? Bliss will have to set a few things straight. But I'm thinking the whole "flashback" can be simplified, perhaps Turles could simply tell it to Trunks directly without setting up that whole scene and taking forever.
I see Turles as a really complex person with a dark mind but not a completely dark heart. He likes toying with people, and says one thing but feels completely different about it. He's concerned with his image and what people think of him. The reasons he dislikes Trunks are not very clear, but Turles feels he doesn't need good reasons to not like someone.
Bliss was to meet up with her Saiyan "lover" in the infirmary there at Turles' base where Trunks comes in and sees them chatting and acting "affectionate". Of course Trunks acts jealous and says "We're leaving, NOW." And that was where I was going to stop the chapter.
Bliss' lover needs to be three things: good looking, protective but not jealous, and be a "supportive" Saiyan male. I really didn't decide on a name, several were floating around in my head but I didn't feel they fit him right. I was thinking all of Trunks' bad traits could come out when he's pitted against another male for Bliss' affection and the guy just not backing down.
But that is what I have on my hair-brained mind. Change anything you want, it's your story. Of course I rather like the introduction myself. It adds that bit of fun everyone needs in their fics! Lol
 
I think I'll definitely be able to work with what you have. I'm not sure when it'll be ready and up for posting as I don't know when I'll have time to add to it, but it's given me a new lease on life for the fic which was badly needed. I like your interpretation of Turles as devious. I think it's important to show the notion that Saiyans aren't tamed completely. He can still have plenty of ambition. I had the idea that perhaps he takes some of the Saiyans who don't want to stay on earth with him as a 'splinter group' whereas those most loyal would want to stay on earth. Namely Bardock, Bardock's mate, Raditz and his family, and the other members of Bardock's team. You solved my dilemma of what to do with Bliss. Her going for another Saiyan male is a very good solution. Then that's a lose thread I don't have to tie off. Turles story sounds good as well. Also you get the sense that he could be opportunistic during the fight with cell.
I had realized too that Bardock in this fic survived the explosion of Vegetasei and Turles picked him up. Although Bardock doesn't care for how Turles runs things they hatched the plan to bring the prince back to life. Turles had learned about the black star dragon balls through one of Bardock's visions. Not trusting Turles completely, Bardock asks Turles to drop him off on a moon where Saiyans train (I call it Alvegasei in the same solar system as Vegetasei... a jungle planet where Saiyan warriors hunted for pleasure/sport because Vegetasei was a desert.)
Bardock stayed here so he could become strong enough while Turles and Bliss hunt for the black star dragon balls. Turles gets defeated on earth by Goku, but bliss tries to complete his mission and learn more about the black star dragon balls. She gets kidnapped by Red Ribbon army scientists and is captive in their cells for many years. She's finally freed by Stellari and the 2 of them escape. But Bliss manages to radio Bardock and tell him what happened all along. She uses the black star balls. Raditz, Nappa and Turles are brought back to life. Bliss elects to remain behind on Earth to help Nappa and Raditz grow stronger in a secret old red ribbon base that nobody knows of or can sense ki. She tells them to come meet her when they're strong enough.
Meanwhile Turles takes Bliss old space pod and goes to meet Bardock. Bardock has managed to contact old allies of the Saiyans, the Idsarjin, and start collecting them together while Turles makes his way to meet the ship. Together Turles and his pirate team collect the dragon balls, and any Saiyans that are floating in space were rounded up by Bardock and the Idsarjin allies. They stay on Alvegasei getting stronger as well. Bardock manages to collect them in a year and bring them back. Turles crew rounds up the black star balls and is able to send them to earth via remote ship. Then they wait for confirmation on earth.