Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ Sons of Bardock Reunited ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Second Chances for Bardock's Son's
 
By Trynia Merin aka StarbearerTM
Sons of Bardock Reunited
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball. I only own Tomic, Cabernet, and a few other fan characters. Toriyama and Funimation Toei Bird Studios Shuesha own DBZ. I don't get rich off this! This is Fan fiction! Don't sue me!
-------------------------
 
Another streak of fire bashed its way through Earth's atmosphere. Urgently farmers and other inhabitants unlucky enough to behold it ran in panic. Word quickly spread throughout the small mountainous community that another star had fallen from the sky. Only an instant later it slammed full force into the ground, not too far from where the first meteorite had landed only two weeks earlier.
 
Most of the locals ran for their lives, hearing tales of the Red Ribbon army and of a strange green monster. For a hundred miles most people fled to North City. ZTV wanted to run exclusive, but civic authorities told everyone to stay away. The entire region was considered under quarantine for fear that radiation might leak from this second meteorite.
 
Out of the steaming crater, a tin sphere misted. A ZTV reporter brave enough to drive his van close waved to his cameraman to peer down into the hole. Straightening his tie the blonde haired ZTV reporter cleared his throat, "Hello viewers, this is a live exclusive look at the second of only two meteorites to land in the same farm. We've obtained special permission from the Lord of North City to have this sneak peak. Scientists are on their way but we wan to be the FIRST to document up close and personal."
 
The camera panned down on the gleaming spheroid. Lifting his sunglasses the reporter trembled as he held his microphone. He frantically flagged the cameraman to aim his recorder into the pit. Steam wafted off the shiny metal surface that resembled nothing like a rocky meteorite or even an iron one. A thin crack split around the front like a metallic baseball. Riveted to the spot, the reporter continued his diatribe; "It appears that this is NO ordinary meteorite viewers. In fact… it seems to be some sort of alien space ship. Will we be FIRST to see evidence of alien beings?"
 
Just then local authorities descended on the crater, peering around as they dragged the cameramen away. The chief of civic defenses wrestled with the cameraman and a reluctant reporter who continued not missing a beat, "Uh oh, looks like our investigations cut short as the local national guard has come in and said this is off limits… YEOW… I HAVE a press pass!"
 
"Cut feed now! You're under arrest!" yelled the Chief, a dog with pointed ears not concealed by his cap. He snapped his fingers. Guards hauled the two reporters bodily away to a safe distance behind a small detachment of police gathering on the rim of the crater. Slowly the hatch opened six inches by now, a dozen rifles and bazookas aimed at whoever or whatever was about to emerge.
 
"Halt, hold your fire till I say so!" the Chief shouted.
 
"But we don't know if it's dangerous!" the reporter protested.
 
"Shut up. You may keep rolling ONLY under MY orders, got it?" the Chief barked back. Fuming, the reporter moved back out of view, instructing his nervous cameraman to keep the lens directly behind the line of soldiers aiming their weapons in the pit.
 
A large hand with five fingers slid around through the crack made by a semicircular hatch. Simultaneously a dozen fingers squeeze triggers on respective weapons a bit tighter. Then a metallic clang echoed up the bowl like surface indicating the hatch had been thrown or kicked open. Slowly something pushed its way out of the ship, moving dark black boots. The hulking shape bent over double, climbing out of the round sphere, before straightening up. Standing tall, black tendrils of spiky hair blew like a black banner in the wind. Black armor gleamed in the sunlight as the pod's occupant glanced up through a green lens device over one ear. Lights flickered across it, and the being grunted. To their amazement it could pass for almost human!
 
"Identify yourself! Stop RIGHT There. You've landed on Earth. If your intentions are hostile, you had best surrender. We don't' want to fire!" called the Chief.
 
Slowly the figure glanced up, shaking its head. It appeared bipedal, slowly punching buttons on its headpiece. Soon the grunts they heard were mere laughter as the creature said, "Idiots. I'm looking for someone and you're not it. I suggest you MOVE away if you value your lives!" he snorted.
 
"You speak our language? If you can understand me you'd better come peacefully or else. We've already encountered one of your kind so you'd better cooperate. Any hostile action…" the Chief called through his bullhorn.
 
"Are you the authority on this small world?" grated the alien. A furry band around his waist belted the armor, and his massive hands were encased in black gauntlets.
 
"I'm the Chief of Police for North City, but I'm the representative of authority. If you come peacefully into our custody no harm will come to you. You are to make NO hostile moves, whoever you are."
 
"Humph, I don't have time for this nonsense, you insects," he snorted. "But I'll play your game for now."
 
Slowly he levitated up, startling everyone. Hovering over the pit the huge figure landed at the crater's rim, right before the Chief. Black eyes examined the Chief's uniform that ht gleamed with many ribbons and metallic pins. In contrast the alien's spiky hair cascaded down his back, almost reaching the backs of his massive knees. Legs the diameter of tree trunks and arms blistered with muscles that would make a professional wrestler envious.
 
He towered over every figure there, shaking his head.
 
Swallowing hard, the Chief said, "As long as you remain non hostile, you won't be harmed. But till you are deemed NOT a threat… you should come with us."
 
"Why should I?" asked the alien, folding arms across his chest.
 
“You are a stranger here. There have been some rather hostile attacks on our city and this territory, and its standard procedure on this planet to take caution. The lives of many depend on me,” said the Chief.
 
"It seems you say you've seen something like ME before. How about we play a little game? You tell me where and when you've seen this creature so like me and I'll refrain from vaporizing you."
 
"Tell us who you are first, sir,” said the Chief.
 
"I didn't expect to get an inquisition, idiots," said the figure. "But I do like the locals to know whom they should fear before something bad happens to them."
 
"Are your intentions hostile?"
 
"They will become EXCEEDINGLY hostile, if you don't tell me where you've seen another like me!" the alien frowned, baring sharp white teeth. Energy crackled as his hair stood on end, and he held up his hand. A sphere of yellow light formed there, shimmering and startling the men.
 
"What are you doing? Is that some sort of weapon?” the Chief asked, his eyes widening at the sight of no visible gun.
 
"Weak fools," the alien snorted, suddenly vanishing from just before them. A dozen rifles opened fire, but the creature was now behind them. A fast series of kicks and blurs scattered the men in seconds.
 
"Stop him!" cried the Chief. A hand reached out, grabbing the Chief by the front of his uniform. He dangled him in front of his men, snarling in anger. Bottomless black eyes with no visible reflection focused into the Chief's eyes. For a moment he wondered if it was the face of death or something far more primal.
 
"I tire of this game. Tell me what I wish to know and I'll not harm you," he snarled.
 
"Hold your fire men! What are you looking for! Answer me!" the Chief said.
 
"You are mistaken. You should answer me fool. Where have you seen this creature like me!" he snapped.
 
"Two weeks ago! In this same location! Now if you don't' release me you'll be killed! I suggest you do so now if you wish to remain alive!" the Chief ordered.
 
"I'm Sergeant Raditz of Prince Vegita's expeditionary force. You had best remember that name before you anger me further," said the alien.
 
He dropped the Chief before him, with a loud thump before vanishing again in a blur. The next thing the troops saw was the black armored figure hovering high overhead, laughing harshly at them. Before the Chief could stop them, his men automatically opened fire. Bullets ricocheted harmlessly against the black armor. Another ball of energy formed in the being's hand, hurtling towards the men before they could scarcely blink.
 
“Retreat!" they cried. Those unfortunate enough to be in the way barely escaped with searing burns, while the others dove for cover.
 
“You… what are you!” gasped the Chief, shaking in his shoes.
 
"Now if you'll excuse me I've got someone to find. I suggest for your sake that you leave me alone!" Raditz bellowed down. Gasping, the shaking troops glanced up to see the figure rocket away in a long streak of white like a comet. A loud boom echoed, indicating he had burst the sound barrier.
 
All the time the television crew had been rolling the footage. Bewildered, the Chief of Police for North City shook himself off; relieved he was alive, but horrified at the state of some of his officers moaning from their smoldering burns. Amazingly none of them were dead, but badly hurt.
 
As a microphone was shoved in his face, he gave the reporter a fierce shove. "Get out of my way! Captain, assess the damage and call the air force!"
 
"Right sir!" stammered the shaken captain.
 
"Cordon off that pit, and get some reinforcements here! Tend to the wounded. And get that damn reporter OUT of here!" the Chief bellowed.
 
Angrily Raditz burst through the air of Earth at two times the speed of sound. Those unfortunate enough to be below him suffered the rattling windows or loud crack of his sonic boom. His scouter bleeped with three distinct traces, the highest on the small planet. He mumbled to himself, trying to sort them out. While he desperately wanted to kill those vermin for getting in his way, it would have wasted time and energy. Finding his mate was paramount.
 
“INSECTS! If the Prince didn't need slaves I'd have killed them all,” Raditz bellowed.
 
"Two traces, one at 330, due west, and two, one of 375 and one that's 1000. That MUST be Tomic. I must find her before I destroy everything in my path!" Raditz snarled. Fists formed at his sides, his energy increasing the ki envelope.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------
 
Far below in the plains, two Z warriors sensed the oncoming malevolence. Goku shivered in fear, sensing the presence of a power far greater then any he'd before seen. Krillen swallowed hard, seeing his friend so visibly shaken. They had only just turned in their entry forms for the Tournament when they were headed home to Goku's little house.
 
"What is THAT?" Krillen gulped.
 
"Something terrible. It's bigger then ANYTHING," Goku shivered.
 
"It's not Piccolo is it?" Krillen shivered, hands forming fists.
 
"No, it's… its familiar, and its passing RIGHT This way," Goku shuddered. Cupping his hand to his mouth he yelled for Nimbus.
 
Both of them blasted off, hurtling towards the contrail. Goku narrowed his eyes, soon overtaking Krillen on his shimmering gold cloud. "I think I'd better bow out, Goku, cause I'm hardly keeping up," Krillen gasped.
 
"You'd better let me handle it. I want to know who it is," Goku frowned.
 
Just then other life forces compounded together in a huge burst that obscured the other. Master Roshi had taught all his students to sense ki in all forms. Even the weaker kis of normal humans were discernable. Of all of the Z Warriors, Goku's abilities were the best. He could discern life forms at least one hundred miles away, even if it amounted to one stray normal human. It was no surprise what he saw next. Glancing down Goku saw smoke rising from a farm field, and heard the cries of dozens of soldiers.
"Look at that! There are soldiers down below and a huge crater…" Krillen pointed.
 
"Oh no, it looks like a bomb went off, or a huge ki blast," Goku shivered.
 
"Oh man we're dead. Could that THING have done this?" Krillen stammered.
 
"You'd better get down there and see if everyone's okay, and call Dr. Briefs. Maybe he can call for help," Goku suggested.
 
"Be careful Goku! Remember Piccolo challenged you!" said Krillen.
 
"I didn't forget," Goku said, biting his lip. "Come on Nimbus, let's GO! It's almost fifty miles away!"
 
Stretching his perceptions to the maximum limit, Goku urged his enchanted cloud far faster. Whatever it was could move as fast as any commercial jet or military plane. He sensed other kis not far away, but this huge one almost eclipsed them. Soon his keen eyesight caught a glimpse of a tiny speck shimmering with ki.
 
"It's using ki to fly," he marveled. While Goku could easily use the levitation, he preferred Nimbus so he could reserve his power for fighting. Across his back he felt the slap of his power pole, tied just under his chin. Something made his stomach turn as he closed the gap with whatever it was.
 
Meanwhile Raditz scouter blipped urgently with the 330-power trace. Gasping he realized it was pursuing him, closing the distance. "What the hell," he wondered, peering intently at it. He was fast closing in on the huge power trail of what must be Tomic, but the power level of this other creature was the second highest on the planet.
 
He dropped his speed, wondering if it could possibly be what he most hoped and feared. Either the Namekian or someone he hadn't seen for years and presumed dead.
 
"Could it be?" he mumbled. Then a small look of wonder crossed his face. Perhaps he could confront this new force and see if perhaps it might challenge him. Then he would go after Tomic.
 
Goku closed in on the figure, which suddenly cut his velocity. The ki flared down to a minimum, at a dead stop hovering over the Rock Mountains. The speck blew up into a tiny figure, and then a recognizable shape that made his heart pound half in terror, half in anticipation. Long dark hair fluttered in the winds as the armored figure hovered under a huge surge of ki twice his own. Dark eyes fixed into his as the shape waited for him to come into visual range.
 
"What the heck is that?" Goku managed to get out as he drew nimbus to a hover. Within two hundred yards he stopped to seize up whoever it was. The shape of the armor, and the fluttering black hair just about matched the descriptions Bulma gave, but there was something wrong. Instead of a she, it was a he.
 
"Hey, you there! Who are you?" Goku yelled.
 
"Well, isn't this a nice surprise," said the figure in his language. It made no threatening moves, simply hovered there in mutual shock as Goku drifted closer, narrowing his eyes. Something passed between the two men, a wave of horror, shock, and something else. Every molecule of air tingled between Goku and this alien. Around his waist was a furry band that made Goku blink in surprise.
 
"Um I'm the one surprised here," Goku commented, blinking at him. “Did you almost blow up those policemen back there?”
 
"Incredible, you look just like father," mused the figure. "Well, I hardly expected to see you grown up, but clearly it's a pleasant shock to see you alive and well."
 
"Who are you again? Because you're acting like you know me, and I could swear that we haven't met," Goku asked once more.
 
"Have you forgotten me so easily in this New World, Kakkarot?" asked the alien. Goku saw light flickering over the one eye veiled by a green lens. It was identical to the device Bulma played with.
 
"Excuse me, I'm not Kakkarot. You've got the wrong name. I'm Son Goku, and I'm from west Province 439. Grandpa Gohan raised me, not too far from here! And he taught me to stand up to those that threaten my home. And that includes ALL of Earth,” Goku said firmly. Reaching behind him he pulled out his power pole, and brandished it in swinging arcs.
 
“Hmm, quite a threat you are with such a primitive weapon. It's rather amusing,” chuckled the armored figure.
 
“Grandpa Gohan gave me this weapon. It's called a Power Pole, and it might not look like much to you, but I can guarantee it does a lot of damage! So if you don't want me to demonstrate, tell me what you're doing here? I know you could have killed those people but you didn't which is why I'm not attacking you right now!”
 
“You are correct that I caused that explosion. And you are the one mistaken. You are indeed Kakkarot. I would know your face anywhere. Even if you go by an Earth name now, the fact is still the same.”
 
“I swear that's NOT my name! Look you'd better be careful. I don't want to have to hurt you if I don't have to. I'm sworn to protect the innocent and defenseless and if it means from people like you so be it," Goku said quietly, realizing the power far exceeded his own.
 
"It depends, Kakkarot. You don't' seem to recognize me at all do you?" he blinked.
 
"Knock it off what that name! I've never seen you before in my life!" Goku stammered.
 
"All right… Son Goku is it? I won't make any offensive moves, provided you answer one question," said the alien.
 
"Okay, but will you tell me WHO you are? And why you think I'm this… Kakkarot person!"
 
"All in good time, Son Goku. I'm not in the mood for a history lesson, but if you don't know who I am, it's clear that you must have forgotten. Am I correct in assuming you hit yourself on the head at any point in your life?"
 
"Yeah actually I have. You can see the scar. But what's this got to do with… are you like the other person who was here?" Goku suddenly realized, scratching the back of his head. Ironically he fingered the very scar that caused his predicament.
 
"As I figured. You're suffering from amnesia. How unfortunate and frustrating. If I wasn't in such a hurry I'd stop and chat," he snorted, debating about telling the earthling who he was.
 
"Now tell me who you are, and how you think you know me!" Goku said, poking a finger in his direction. "You'd better not hurt anyone ELSE or else!"
 
"You'd best be careful young one. Well to answer your first question, my name is Raditz, and I'm a Saiyan warrior from the planet Vegeta,” said the being.
 
“A… Saiyan?” Goku muttered, shaking his head.
 
“An alien being from another world, which has long since been destroyed. Doubtless you encountered another of my kind before. She is named Tomic. And in answer to your second question, I'm here to find her. But I'm also here to find YOU."
 
"ME?" Goku blinked.
 
"You really are a piece of work Kakkarot. And I see you've lost your tail, curse it," he snorted. Goku almost fell off his cloud when the band around Raditz' waist unfurled and slowly threshed back.
 
"You… you've got a tail just like I had as a boy," Goku gasped.
 
"That's because you're no earthling, fool. You're Saiyan just like me and I know you have the scar on your backside to prove it," said Raditz impatiently, coiling his tail around his waist once more.
 
"But that's impossible, how could you possibly know about me?" Goku stammered.
 
"Believe me it is. Now if you don't mind, I've got some business to attend to. I'd love to chat, but unless you insist on helping me, you'll have to step aside,” Raditz grunted, turning about. Black hair impossibly long fluttered around his shoulders, landing against his back. Goku noticed that it mimicked the texture of his own wild style, the exact color and stiffness.
 
“Raditz wait you can't go that way!” Goku suddenly shouted.
 
"Either come along and help me find the other Saiyan or get out of my way!" Raditz shouted back. “I don't have TIME for your games Kakkarot. You're of no use to me like this!”
 
"Hey, come back here!" Goku shouted as the figure blurred out, and streaked off. Gunning Nimbus he streaked after him, suddenly realizing that this 'Raditz' was on his way towards the place where Piccolo held Tomic prisoner, and Bulma.
 
"Come back! You can't go there! If you do you'll he'll kill my friends!" Goku shouted. Barely had he managed to overtake Raditz, blocking his way.
 
"You really are pissing me off, whelp!" Raditz snorted. "OUT OF my way!"
 
Goku shouted, "You don't understand, she's a prisoner of Piccolo. And you CAN'T rescue her or else!"
 
"Get OUT of my way now or else I'll hurt you. And I don't wish to hurt you of all the beings on this world!" Raditz shouted. He moved quickly, there one second and gone the neck. Goku gasped as a punch landed in his chest, causing him to double over.
 
"Ow! Hey… come back here you can't do this! I can't let you! You don't understand!" Goku coughed, steadying himself as he urged Nimbus to trail Raditz towards the grounds. Again he caught up, nursing his side as he drew his power pole.
 
"Kakkarot you idiot, stand aside!" Raditz shouted. Suddenly a long object swept out, slamming into his back. It only winded him as Goku circled whirling the staff.
 
Urgently he shouted, "Don't make me hurt you, Raditz. You have GOT to stop! Attacking them now means they'll die!"
 
"You really don't know when to quit, do you? You think a toothpick is going to stop me?" Raditz snarled, vanishing again. Blows rained on Goku from every side, and he barely managed to block them with the whirling strokes of his power pole. Raditz felt one end jab him hard under the left jaw, which was a lucky sucker shot.
 
Grabbing the end of the pole, he jerked hard and spun it, twisting it out of Goku's hands. Barely Goku compensated, whirling off Nimbus and levering around to swing Raditz in a semicircle. The pole slid out of the larger Saiyan's grasp, then shot out again. Growling, Raditz hurled a blast of energy towards an unsuspecting Goku. He threw up his hands, crossing his wrists before his face to block the ki ball exploding with unexpected force.
 
"Oh great, he can use ki just like me," he groaned.
 
"Enough GAMES!" Raditz yelled. "Get OUT of my way Kakkarot! Don't make me kill you!"
 
"I agree," Goku said. "You wouldn't listen to reason, so you've forced me to resort to fighting you. And I don't think you'll like the consequences. And you STILL haven't gotten my name right, creep!"
 
"Don't make me laugh! You may be a Saiyan, but without your tail you're hardly worth my time without proper training," Raditz taunted him.
 
“Is that so?” Goku returned, sliding his power pole quickly into its sheath on his back. Raditz watched in amusement as Goku held his hands at his side, slowly gathering energy to him. Battle power rose to 400, then 500 to Raditz surprise.
 
“You're stronger then I anticipated, Kakkarot,” he mumbled, backing off.
 
"Ka… me… ha…!" Goku gritted, his voice reaching a cutting alto pitch that intensified the collected blue power.
 
"Very well, let's see what you've learned whelp about focusing power,” Raditz mumbled, as he raised his hands to block.
 
“Me HA…” Goku shrilled.
 
“Double Sundae!” Raditz shouted, raising both hands. They shimmered with dazzling power. A blinding beam shot towards him, slamming into his crossed wrists. Goku continued his blast, struggling against the being. Raditz shoved back with his own energy, quickly shoving back in the beam lock.
 
"Give up now… I don't want to hurt you… don't make me!” Goku yelled.
 
"You're… a surprisingly strong… young one but let me show you how it's done!" Raditz grunted, pouring into the beam against Goku's kamehameha. With a yelp Goku flew back from the force of the beam exploding. He hurtled towards the ground, hugging himself as the burning surged over his chest.
 
"I can't… believe it he's too strong, I can't give up," he gasped.
 
"I warned you Kakkarot!" he yelled.
 
The beam of gold pressed harder against Goku's ribcage, compressing it till he felt the spidery fingers of splintering pain. A snapping sound was heard, coming from inside of him to his amazement. Something about the look of sheer surprise and the lack of fear twisted something in Raditz' stomach. If he had fought his little brother six months ago he would have not questioned leaving him to plummet to his death.
 
Power levels tanked, indicating Goku's energy was fading. Grumbling a curse to him, and regretting what he was about to do, Raditz shot forwards to where his brother plummeted towards the ground. Goku felt his ribs on fire with each breath he heaved in. He was sure he had broken many of them. Before he could cry out to Nimbus, he saw an armored shape reach down and grab his wrist.
 
"Stupid, worthless waste of time!" Raditz cursed as he caught the falling body. Just beside him the gold cloud hovered, making him wonder what in hell it was. It was some strange element he couldn't identify, and it simply followed every move. His brother had ridden on it with relative ease.
 
Goku heaved great breaths, hugging his chest as he felt something holding him up. Someone was cursing profusely, carrying him in their arms as they rocketed towards Piccolo's hideout. Before Goku passed out, he saw the stern frown from the being known as Raditz. Why had he saved his life?
 
"Idiot! Why am I even BOTHERING to take this weakling with me I'll never know? Trust Kakkarot to end up forgetting everything and becoming a weak vermin like the rest of these earthlings," Raditz grumbled. He clutched his brother's injured form close to his armored chest.
 
"I'm going soft. Obviously if I let Kakkarot perish I'd NEVER hear the end of it from Father if he's still alive. What sort of FOOL lets his TAIL get cut off, I ask you!" Raditz snarled. His scouter bleeped with the continuing traces of the Namekian and Tomic, growing ever stronger.
 
Then all of a sudden, both traces faded. Raditz cursed, streaking towards the ground and landing by pressing both boots into the sands of the desert. Transferring his injured brother to one arm he punched buttons on his scouter, struggling to recapture the ki traces. "Stupid piece of junk! Come on, work!"
 
Nothing answered his string of curses, shifting into Saiyanese. Glancing left and right he saw a small stream and grove of trees nearby. Slowly the figure in his arms moved, groaning. Raditz exhaled his angry breath in a long puff, struggling to reach a decision. If he tended to Kakkarot, perhaps the idiot could help him. After all, there had to be a reason he was stupid enough to stop him.