Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of a Clown ❯ Blood is just Red Sweat ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I only own this story...HA! I beat you Disclaimer! I didn't say this time 'I don't own DBZ!'


...Aw Crud. I just said it.


"BEGIN!" Tenshinhan was already to Chaozu, ready for the first strike kill. However, each attack missed Chaozu, if only by inches. An elbow here, a low kick there. Tenshinhan was fast, but all he attacked was air.


Putting his plan into action, Chaozu quickly glided 30 feet high above, quite sure that Tenshinhan couldn't reach him.


"Coward!" laughed Tenshinhan as all three eyes watched Chaozu intensely as he circled Tenshinhan like a vulture. "You can't escape from me!"


"This isn't an escape, this is an attack!" called out Chaozu as he suddenly placed his hands out in front of him. Master Shen immedietly floated into the air, quite sure of what to expect.


"If Tenshinhan doesn't figure out what's going to happen, he'll lose more than this match." Shen's grin would make anyone wonder if there was another reason between having teammates fight the other.


"What are you- Suddenly under Tenshinhan, the ground starting to rumble and shake, and as the sun started to set, the ground suddenly gave birth to three piercing sharp blades, one narrowly missing Tenshinhan's nose.


"Wha- Before Tenshinhan can state the horror, hundreds of earthen blades shot 20 feet into the air. Tenshinhan started running as the upcoming shards were aiming to skew him. Chaozu had another grin on his face, as behind him, 30 feet back, was a small boulder. With only a finger, Chaozu was already levitating it.


"What the heck!" thought Tenshinhan as a shard sliced the inside of his leg as he ran through the blade pit. "That thing's trying to kill me! I need a plan." Tenshinhan jumped on the tip of the shard that cut him, and as it rose high to the air, he jumped off, using momentum to reach Chaozu before he reacted.


Chaozu, ready for such a thing, already had sent other blades to meet Tenshinhan, but the triclops was too fast, and just used the charging blades to add more momentum and jump. Chaozu suddenly felt an intense horrible pain inside him. It was gut wrenching, and terrible. Looking down, he choked as he saw Tenshinhan's knee deep into his belly; the speed of the move caused Chaozu to go flying. At that instant, Tenshinhan was flying above him, a sadistic look in his eye, ready to add more pain and hurt...


"NOW!" thought Chaozu, as he waved his right hand into the air as if he was starting a race. The boulder. Short, lumpy, and 45% iron, almost instantly crashed into Tenshinhan's side. A little bit of sputum, mostly red, hit Chaozu's emotionless face as Tenshinhan fell into the sand pit below him. The control over the shards were lost, leaving Ten to fall safely, or at least on nothing sharp.


"The Future." thought Master Shen as he slowly dropped to the ground, a gleam in his eye, and a darkness in his step. Chaozu didn't even seem hurt as he landed in the pit, though when he did, his feet almost gave out under him. His boulder was levitating around him, and a bit of sand was rippling around him. Tenshinhan, a bit of grime-mixed with blood and sand-was on the side of his right face, and all over his mouth, but he was grinning large. He stood straight up, taking the brown bruise on his right like a badge of pride. Master Shen was correct. The sparring session ware breaking down barriers. Through the darkness, and the blood and cuts, they were becoming friends. The quickness of their bond even made Shen jealous.


"My brother and I...Will never be like them." The smile on his face left, and he became like a stone golem; unmoving to anyone, including himself.


The boulder shot at Tenshinhan, ready to make its mark. Chaozu closed his eyes, and the boulder rose high into the air, suspended, and when Chaozu opened his eyes, the boulder jetted. Tenshinhan smiled, and whispered:


"Good Night."


The boulder crashed into the ground, having missed Tenshinhan. It was weird though. For a second, it looked like the boulder got him, but upon contact, Tenshinhan's body got all...wavy like. What does that mean? Needless to say, Chaozu was stunned.


"He...?" Chaozu's eyes widened at the words, and felt a very pointy elbow, dig viscously like a robber's steel knife into Chaozu's back side. The unexpected attack, sent a reeling Chaozu into the sand, soft as a pillow, and clean as a muddy dog's wet tongue. Tenshinhan was about to attack again, but noticed the rolling Chaozu just became limp. He was on his side, face away from Tenshinhan. You could barely tell he was breathing.


Tenshinhan's face went from battle ready to gleeful. He started shouting, and whooping. "Master! I DID IT! Did you see that! I was all- He started shadow fighting. "THEN I-" He did a jab with his elbow. "MASTER MASTER MAS-


"I never thought he would become so...giddy after matches." grimaced Shen through the whooping. "I'm going to take care of that first chance I get."


"Tenshinhan?" Tenshinhan turned to him, eyes smiling, if that's even possible.


"Yes sir?"


"Look behind you." Tenshinhan turned. His eyes suddenly lost his star eyes, and the blood thirsty grin was on his face again. Chaozu was up.


"I am impressed, Chaozu!" laughed Tenshinhan has he got into his karate attack pose. "I shouldn't have held back!"


Chaozu was silent, but answered as he stiffly levitated into the air. His boulder to his left: Old Reliable, started spinning rapidly, but then, from underneath the ground, came an even LARGER stone: Teeny. It was crazy large. Beads of sweat was forming on Chaozu's forehead as he strained to mentally pick up the stone, and as for added measure, the sand pit was starting to form small spikes like blades of grass. Tenshinhan didn't even say a word as a shard went through his shoe: It missed slightly.


"don't underestimate me." strained Chaozu. It was weird, but you could almost hear the laughter in the deepest dark of his words as he spoke like a robot. Tenshinhan, not even remotely unnerved, started to edge closer to the sight.


"Show me what you got!" yelled. Tenshinhan bent over, ready to leap...The shards of sand was already starting to grow..."

"MATCH END!" shouted Shen so loudly that Tenshinhan fell face first into the sand. However, the shards fell back down again, so Tenshinhan was spared. Tenshinhan got up, and walked to Master Shen. Chaozu, having already put up his pet rocks, floated next to Tenshinhan. The two were ragged, and breathing heavy, but they were cool: With themselves, each other, and the world.

"So class..." started Master Shen. "What have we learned today?" Tenshinhan and Chaozu quickly glanced at each other, and back at Shen.


"I learned..." said Tenshinhan. "That Chaozu can't take a punch. If you get past his 'pebbles' midget boy can't keep up." Tenshinhan smiled as Chaozu pretended to not be angry about the pebbles quip.


"...And Chaozu, what have you learned today?" Chaozu cleared his throat, and stated.


"I learned that Tenshinhan likes to name his cruddy moves in battle, to try to be cool. Then when he thinks he beat you, he starts to dance. I send one of my pebbles when he's being a stupid inbred baby, and he's dead." Tenshinhan bared his teeth at Chaozu, and Chaozu stuck his tongue out.


"Now before I release you two." interrupted Shen before the two started fighting again. "You will reveal something that no one but you knows about. Nothing fancy, just something to tell the other." Once again, Tenshinhan started.


"IF I ever watch television, I only watch the Volleyball Network." Tenshinhan calmly stated. Master Shen looked at him funny. "What? Volleyball's cool! I even invented a move from watching Beach volleyball!" He looked to Chaozu.


"He can be the ball." Chaozu looked at Tenshinhan, and blew air out of his nose, an unworded insult.


"I'm not seventeen." stated Chaozu. "I'm ten." Tenshinhan then did a double take.


"What! Master Shen doesn't take children as his students!" Tenshinhan grumbled. "Even a demon can't join at a young age."


"I'm not a demon." swallowed Chaozu, a little hurt. "That was an unfortunate-


"I said one thing, not two!" shouted Shen, obviously hiding something. Tenshinhan quickly quieted, but suddenly had at least 7 questions.


Master Shen suddenly pulled out a small compass, and gave it to Tenshinhan, and a map, with two tote bags, both with a picture of Tao smiling with a young buxom girl. "Follow this map. In the deepest darkest area in the woods, is a pool. It instantly heals you as you bathe. Use the compass and follow it south, because the map will become blank script. When you go furthest south, you'll see a cliff. Close your eyes, and jump. DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES until you reach the ground. Again, DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES UNTIL YOU REACH THE GROUND, If you disobey any of what I just said, you will NEVER return. Ok?"


"Yes sir." stated the two. Tenshinhan silently gulped to himself.


"Good. O, and watch out for the...well you'll see. And stay together. It's your only hope. I'll see you two bright and early for your training." As he watched the two walk forth into the woods, into a possible painful and bloody death, he looked up, and said to himself.


"When in Kami is that darn sun gonna set!" Sure enough, the sun just fell. Tsurusennin smiled, and started to wonder.


"Chaozu... and Tenshinhan... I wonder if this was a good idea." Tsurusennin instantly went back to his meeting of Chaozu.


This flashback takes place 12 hours later from when Shen left Tenshinhan to kill the Demon of Mango Village.


"See you later." laughed Tsurusennin as he waved to the woman. She was trying to convince him to let her stay, in case he needs a ride back. "Don't worry, I have a car-capsule. And I'll send a photo of the monster, to prove he's dead. Ok?"


The woman grimaced at the thought of the bloody mess she'll get in the fax. "You're the expert." Tired and afraid, she was already gone. Tsurusennin smiled, and turned to walk.


The boy wasn't hard to find. He was in the middle of the village, eyes unseen, covered by a cloak. Beautiful blue birds were chirping around, flying, and landing in his hands. He carefully stroked one, and it started to sing. Another bird started hopping on the ground, and hiding from one of his friends, he jumped into the nearest skull, obviously having fun.


"Hello, Jiang Shi." Tsurusennin said, taking of his shades, and placing them in his pockets. "Oh silly me, talking to you. But still, maybe if your master can let you, you may tell me where he is, so I may kill him."


The boy said nothing, but got up, scaring the birds. Tsurusennin got into his stance, but the boy, with his white fingers just tore the cloak off his face.


"do you know where she is?" Master Shen's eyes widened and his stance softened. The boy, was...beautiful?


Beautiful, like an innocent child. His face wasn't moldy, or rotting or even green! His eyes, even had pupils... Tsurusennin held up his hand, and the boy followed his hand solemnly. Impossible, he can see! AND he can speak...in sentences?


"W-Who?" Tsurusennin tried to stay in control. "Who's she?" His eyes grew as large dinner plates, as a tear fell from its cheek.


"my sister. do you know where she is? she ran away, and didn't come back." Another tear. "i...i...i...i..." Tsurusennin noticed that his breathing became faint. "I MISS HER!" The boy suddenly started shrieking as loud and horrible as he can. His bawling was destroying Tsurusennin's ears, and his composure. He looked down, shaking, as he soiled himself.


What disturbed him the most of this Jiang Shi, more than the tantrum, more than his tears, or even the one strand of hair on his bald white head was that there wasn't a single shred of paper on his face. A script that should say Ressurrection. It's not ANYWHERE on him!


"B-But, if there is no script, than how is he...doing anything!" Tsurusennin knew what he had to do. To find out what has happened, he breathed in deeply and yelled:


"SHUT UP!" Slowly, the boy regained himself. Not even a shiver left, Tsurusennin called out what he wanted:


"What is your name, and your age, and what happened to these people how long ago? Answer slowly."


"my name is gyoza chaozu. i am.................how many is this?" He held his hands out, and Tsurusennin almost jumped at the possible attack. When he noticed he was still alive, he answered.


"Ten, boy...Wait. How can you be ten?"


Gyoza Chaozu blinked, and said: "because ten years ago, i woke up in the woods." Tsurusennin gulped at the creepiness.


"The body, is ten. HE is not." "And about the villagers?" Tsurusennin waited for it. Chaozu's face fell, and wouldn't answer.


"Well then." asked Tsurusennin. "When did it happen?" Not answering, the boy held up three fingers.


Tsurusennin suddenly broke into a cold sweat. "So what now? This thing, isn't normal. There's more to this..."


End of Part 4


Q and A time!


Q: What's up with Tenshinhan! You're making him...quirky! What the heck?


A: I'm trying to flesh him out. He wasn't really a three dimesional character to begin with, just a rival to Yamcha. Know that this story takes place three years before the Tenkaichi debut, and Tenshinhan right now is seventeen. He'll be stone cold by when he meets Yamcha.


Q: You're trying to flesh out the Master too? He's a bad guy! Why? And why do you keep switching names?


A: Truth be told, I think the reason all the drama and falling out with the Crane School happened because the Turtle School was at that tournament and Goku "killed" Tao, making Tsrurusennin a madman. I want to make Tsurusennin just like Kamesennin, with mirroring training and values, the only diff is that Shen isn't a perv, and he teaches the Crane Assassin Fist. Tsurusennin is a good teacher, and has somewhat better morales, it's just that when you make him mad, those morals and good traits go out the window. Also remember this: On the job, with students, he is Shen. Alone, and talking to his brother, he's Tsurusennin.


Q: Can you go over the special moves!


A: Yeah boy!


Tenshinan's moves so far


Good Night: The move Tenshinhan 'invented.' It's a normal After Image technique, it's just that Tenshinhan found the move himself, and thought no one else can do it. To add the 'Good Night', he does three hits. First is the elbow between C3 and C4 of the spine. The second is a kick in the sternum, and the the third isn't really a hit. He just picks them up like a baby mockingly, and drops them.


Chaozu's moves so far: For the record, all of Chaozu's moves so far are under his style of psychic techniques, labled first as Cho no Ryoko or Psycho Power (translation by DBZ wiki)


Flying- Unlike Shen's flying, Chaozu uses his own mental energy to move and not chi.


Psycho Power-Grave of Glass Shards: Chaozu expends a good amount of mental energy into the ground. A little bit goes a long way as slowly but surely, his brain power touches every molecule of dirt in any area, which goes to his control.


Psycho Power-Rock Throw: In this move, Chaozu mind melds with a rock. It's pretty straight foward, but if you must know...He throws it with his mind at his enemies. Bigger Rocks demand more energy.