Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of a Clown ❯ Escape the Forest ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Full chapter 5 Full Chapter 5 Full Chapter 5

PS Yes, I put my fic from K to Teen for mild language and for blood letting. I write with strict guidelines, what can I say?

PSS A little R&R? I know someone's reading this! FTR I now accept anonymous reviews.

Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers...But since I'm scared of said lawyers, I don't own the characters to DBZ, and my title has nothing to do with Smokey Robinson's 1967 #1 Single.

Chapter 5


"Do you think we're walking the right way?" wondered aloud Chaozu as the two assassins in training followed the trail ahead of them. Having given up the map when it became apparent they can't read without light, they decided to just walk forward, not going in either direction.

'That's how people get lost. They go in any direction, when straight ahead is their destination.'

Tenshinhan's confidant and all knowing voice was still ringing true in Chaozu's mind, but at the same, not only were they walking through areas that were becoming darker and darker, they were walking for-what feels like-50 minutes.-

"Are we there yet?"

"What d'you think?" questioned the irritable Tenshinhan. "Do you see a large, bathing pool that will instantly heal our wounds? What about us? Do you see us swimming, talking in an easy going manner, and just having a great time? You see ANY of that!"

When Tenshinhan was still able to see more than sharp branches a centimeter away, he noticed that his bruise was turning a darker shade of blue, and about 40 minutes ago, his "bathroom break" was nothing more than vomiting blood and losing consciousness for a good 30 seconds. He didn't tell Chaozu because he didn't want him to feel guilty, but the boy's starting to become annoying, and moving with only sheer willpower was getting old fast.

"I think we're lost, Ten." whispered Chaozu as he tailed behind Tenshinhan slowly. His voice was so annoying, but Tenshinhan ignored Chaozu. Master Shen wouldn't steer him wrong. The pool of healing was close. He knew it.

Chaozu turned slowly. "Did you hear that?" a slight rustling was heard from behind them.
"Tenshinhan?"

"Darn it Chaozu shut up!" Tenshinhan barked. "We won't get anywhere with you talking!"

"Tenshi-

"SHUT UP!" Tenshinhan whirled to the young boy, baring teeth and fists. "Not another word!" Chaozu squinted his eyes, but obeyed. Tenshinhan huffed to himself, and turned around and kept walking.

Chaozu knew he heard something. He scanned what little area of the forest he could see, and sending one finger in the air, he pulled a small stone from the ground. Though weak and wounded from his fight, anything that bothered the duo could easily be taken out with the rock. Chaozu was soon tailing Tenshinhan again. Ready.

As soon as the two were gone, the rustling started up again. If you squint closely, you could see it.

Four rows of sharp bloodthirsty teeth in a delicious grin.

Tufts of beastly fur in over 50 places. 3 horrendous, orange armed claws, and a human like body, though violet.

It smelled of child's flesh, and fresh tears. The being rustled the leaves mockingly, his infared vision eyeing Tenshinhan. At an instant, he disappeared.

The being suddenly reeappeared in front of the other. The other seemed more normal looking. Whatever it was, it looked female. It's eyes was a beautiful green. It's skin was black as coal, but was the softest coal you would wish you can feel. Unlike the first, it wasn't naked. It wore a long flowing dress that fit like a second skin. She smelled of buttercups, but also of flesh.

I found a meal. The clawed creature whispered He said this as he bent down on his knees. One of them, is a child, my lovely...Tsurusennin is not with them. At this, the beautiful creature smiled.

It's been ages, since I had a child. It licked its lips. Come my dear...I'm absolutely famished. At that, they were off.

Tenshinhan slowly turned. He heard something, just a second ago. He looked behind, and with his third eye intensely focused, he could roughly see Chaozu's outline.

"Did you hear that?"

Chaozu only stopped, and turned around. After two minutes, the duo heard it:


Throat, Lungs, Liver, Spleen...

Heart, Stomach, Fingers, Toes...


"What the hell is this!" shouted Tenshinhan. He instantly got into a kenpo fighting stance, biting back the pain. Chaozu jumped back, trying to sense where the enemy is coming from. For a bit, all they heard was silence, and then

What will I get to eat?

They all taste so good!

So Hungry

So RAVENOUS!

A single drop of sweat fell into Chaozu's eye, but he was too afraid to blink. In an instant it could be over. Tenshinhan cursed silently at the darkness,


The pale one is frightened

The yellow one is trembling.

Fear is a spice that I can't go without
The two voices were perfectly in tune like one being bent on destruction, a madman who'll never stop killing, a murderous beast that loves the show before devouring the meal.

"We're not afraid!" shouted Tenshinhan "Mind games don't work! Fight us!"

can't get no

Tasty morsels

can't get no

Lively flesh

can't get no...
Then there was silence again, with anticipation so thick you can cut a slice of it with your favorite cleaving butcher knife

'Wait for it.' shuddered Tenshinhan. 'There has to be a- Suddenly Tenshinhan saw it. Though faint, it was a shade of blue in the heart of black. "Chaozu-

An orange claw suddenly shot out from behind Tenshinhan, having been behind him the entire time. The claw sliced deep into his belly, right where the wound was. Tenshinhan didn't even have a chance, and he didn't even make a sound as the monster allowed Tenshinhan to fall into the red puddle under his body.

Chaozu turned in fear...and suddenly saw an orange light shined through. The forest was as bright as the outside, the sun having found her way in. The demon who attacked Tenshinhan was emitting the light from his claw arm. Tenshinhan was breathing hard, fighting the darkness clouding his mind. Chaozu gulped. The monster laughed, and said:

I figured you would like to see your friend clearly, as well as my lovely. Chaozu after hearing that turned. The other was 12 yards away, her beautiful face now nothing but a giant mouth, ready to swallow in one gulp.

So...Hungry. Surely you understand. She rushed Chaozu, but as she got closer, her body started growing sluggish. Her skin was starting to sag. She felt the energy in her body being sucked away. When she got to Chaozu she saw him fully.

Jiang Shi! She instantly jumped away with the little power she had left. The orange clawed demon, after noticing his lovely retreat, and then his own light, and feeling of life leaving him, he escaped. Chaozu turned to Tenshinhan, and before the orange light was gone, he saw a blue light, farther off. He flew to Tenshinhan, and with energy he NEVER had before, he scooped him up, and headed toward the blue light, hoping for some help.


Flashback Part 2, continued from Chapter 4

Tsurusennin suddenly broke into a cold sweat. "So what now? This thing, isn't normal. There's more to this..."

Tsurusennin had no idea what was going on, but knew the best way to find out. The Jiang Shi was unlike anything he's ever met. Seems to be of sound mind, is able to speak, and above anything, could be mistaken for a living human being. Chances are, he could read its mind.

He closed his eyes, and shut down everything. His breathing, his thoughts. Everything. The minds of humans are easy enough. Animals are slightly harder, but demons? If he failed, his body would be left vulnerable, and his mind trapped for eternity.

When Tsurusennin opened his eyes he was surrounded by a dark void. Under him was a small platform, which was moving forward into the horizon.

"It's so...empty in here." Tsurusennin admitted silently. Only babies had minds like this, though brighter. As the platform flew on for the past 10 minutes, he could barely see a mirror farther back In the void. Oddly enough the glass was a warm color of rust, and the mirror holder itself was an arctic silver.

Tsurusennin with carefulness, walked up to the mirror when the platform finally stopped. "What will I see? My reflection? Or..."

Tsurusennin opened his real eyes, and looked at the being in front of him. The boy was silently staring at him.

"Chaozu...You are not a monster." Tsurusennin said slowly. "And if you come with me, you'll never be alone again." He raised his palm, and walked over to the Jiang Shi, who instantly crept away.

"stay away. I did so much bad things-

"Which was not your fault." Tsurusennin's hand started to glow as he placed his hands on the Jiang Shi's head. "I'll explain the truth when the time is right. First, let me ease your trouble." The energy started radiating Chaozu's head.

"what..." The Jiang Shi suddenly started feeling it. The warmth. The heat was expanding his otherwise frozen body, taking his body over like a parasite yearning to assimilate, though this one was not self destructive.

"What's happened to me?" A tear fell from his cheek, and fell to the ground. Tsurusennin became grim.

"Stop crying. You look like a sad clown." The words went through Chaozu, but he became calm. Tsurusennin smiled.

"It had been a long time since anyone has been close to you like this, hasn't it?


Flashback end: Back to the story


Tenshinhan opened his eyes slowly. His first thoughts were of what happened.

"I thought I died. Something came from behind, and...Why is everything blue?" It took Tenshinhan a minute before finding out he was underwater. He started thrashing, and lashing out until he was finally released. He swum towards the surface of the water instinctively, and upon reaching it, jumped out in a cannonball turn, and landed next to a sleeping Chaozu.

"Hey ass! Why are you sleeping! I could've drowned!" Hey rudely woke up the boy by punting him a yard. Chaozu woke up in a fury

"What the hell 3 eyes!"

"You mime! You left me to drown!" Chaozu huffed and shouted

"I left you to drown in the HEALING POOL! You can't drown, being in the water is like breathing liquid air!" At this Tenshinhan stopped, and looked to his right side.

The wound...The clawed marks, and the blood. All gone. Tenshinhan looked to Chaozu.

"Was the blue light?" Tenshinhan actually turned. It was a cavern, deep in the forest. Odd. Either way, in this cave was the pool of healing. Master Shen was on the money.

"I never doubted you, master.'

"Yeah. I got us away from those fiends. I spent four hours keeping guard, but I figured they couldn't come in." Chaozu looked out of the opening. "There still out there."

"How did you-

"I grabbed you and flew."

"Your not telling me something." Tenshinhan was stone faced again. "We were both wounded from each other. Then something attacked me, and I had no chance to get away. How did YOU not only escape, but take me with you?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Chaozu sat down Tenshinhan wasn't budging.

"Chaozu what are you hiding!"

"Leave me alone!" Tenshinhan was sure to shout, but decided against it. "I'm taking a bath." he said, holding back anger in his words. Looking around, he found one of the tote bags, and got undressed.

"Huh. It is like liquid air." Chaozu watched as Tenshinhan dived into the water, and swam deep, and then he looked out into the woods.

"I'm just like them. Even that demon girl called me what master called me. I am a demon. A Jiang Shi. I-

He felt a wet hand grab the single strand of hair on his shiny head a pulled him up.

"Tenshinhan?"

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself." Tenshinhan stated. "You look like a sad clown." Before Chaozu could react, Tenshinhan grabbed his bald head, and like a skip stone, tossed him into the water.

"Three points!" Tenshinhan laughed. "A lot easier than stones!" At this, he noticed the water was become still. Chaozu?" In a fear, Tenshinhan jumped into the water, but at the moment, gallons of water jettisoned Tenshinhan out like he was nobody. He slammed into the wall with a thud Chaozu floated the top, smiling smugly.

"You really know how to annoy a person."

"How about you stop posing. Midget mimes aren't cool."

"Three eyes!"

"Albino!"

"Oh yeah!" The water started to rumble menacingly.

"Yeah!" At this, a piece of the cavern sent itself towards Tenshinhan, but Tenshinhan jumped on the boulder, and jumped toward Chaozu, chopping him in the face. It's pretty obvious, but for the next hour, they were trading blows and performing feats, after which they would fall back into the water to heal, and after twenty minutes, they attacked again. After hour three, they decided to leave.

The compass is pointing W, Tenshinhan."

"That's West. Tenshinhan looked out. With his third eye, he could see them. the orange violet freak, and the hot freak. He gritted his teeth.

"There, about 50 yards." Chaozu squinted his eyes to see them.

"We need a plan."

"Yeah...I think we do." Tenshinhan grinned slyly.

The two demons were standing on the top foliage of the trees. It was rather beautiful, the night sky. The claw demon looked to the other. She hasn't yet turned to normal, and was trembling.

My lovely. Started the clawed demon. If you wish, I can take the Jiang Shi.

No, my dear.
The other's eyes were glowing red. The Jiang Shi stole from me. His flesh will be savored for the REST of my days that he hasn't stolen. She started to shake. She could feel her body weak. It was only temporary, but still, he did take from her.

It not food anymore. It's now a personal vendetta.

My lovely, I- Before he could reply, he immediately started screaming as he was hurled into the air.

"VOLLEYBALL FIST!" Tenshinhan shouted clearly ignoring the other.

You- At this, her body immediately went frozen. Chaozu smiled confidently as he held one finger at her, and psychic energy was shooting out, wrapping her body tightly.

Lovely, what happened? YOU!

"Serving Set!" Tenshinhan was already to the demon, and shoulder barged him even farther into the air. He fell back down to the ground like a rocket, and Tenshinhan with superhuman ability went up like a jet plane into the heavens.

"This is vengeance." stated Tenshinhan as he grabbed the claw demon. Before it can curse, Tenshinhan elbowed him back down. "SPIKE!"

Finish the job. She whispered. Chaozu continued to stare.

Kill me. Don't play. Kill me. Her mouth was starting to drool red. Chaozu gulped, and for a minute, he waivered.

KILL ME! However, before she noticed she was free, the clawed demon rocketed back to earth, into her body. The two fell down like a crash. Chaozu looked down, and started flying west.

"Wait for me!" shouted Tenshinhan. He landed on the highest tree branch, and trailed after him

NO! The voices were coming behind them. Trees started being uprooted. about 12 feet away. They were still alive...

"Tenshinhan they're still alive!" Chaozu shouted as Tenshinhan finally caught up. "What do we do!"

"Keep running!" At this, Tenshinhan fell to the ground, the trees having immediately stopped. In front of them was a cliff. The noise, and tree uprooting became louder.

Chaozu turned, holding his hands out. "I'll hold them off! Try to escape!" Tenshinhan started laughing.

"You already forgot Master Shen's words? Shame on you!" At this, he grabbed Chaozu to his body, and jumped

"KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED!" Chaozu started thrashing, but Tenshinhan held him down to his bosom close he couldn't breathe.

"MASTERRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... "

A bucket of ice cold water hit the both, followed by the bucket. Tenshinhan and Chaozu awoke. They were on the shore of the beach, and it was dawn. Master Shen looked at them like they were smelly otters.

"What is this, a fanfic gone horribly wrong?"

End Chap 5

There we go, the gay parody I wanted to put in. Anyways here's this chapter's move list

Volleyball Fist- Tenshinhan's ultimate move, learned from watching hours of volleyball. He would first hit them into the air, then hit them up higher. Finally he would jump into space almost and slam them into the earth, leaving a nice crater.

Psycho Power: Paralysis- Chaozu's staple tech. By holding his hands out, his psychic energy will trap his foes. Anybody can get caught. Demons, Nappa, anybody. The thing is-which Chaozu has never learned- is that you need complete and utter confidence to succeed. Any slight waiver in your soul, and the technique fails immediately

???: I'm sure you know what the technique the question mark is.