Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Uh oh… this is trouble…
 
Trunks flew through the air after the fight he just had with his father. As soon as he got charged up to fly faster a pain suddenly struck his side which reminded him how hard his father kicks. He slowed down and realized that a forest was right under him so he could just land without anyone seeing him. It was already getting dark in the forest since the sun was starting to set. As soon as the boy's feet touched the ground he realized that he was in the same forest as Minako's house was located in. No wonder he felt such a high power level coming from here, it was probably just Goku.
 
Trunks felt bad about the stupid little fight they had back at the house so he decided to walk there and apologize. After a few minutes of walking Trunks finally saw the house. It wasn't such a big house, but it was big enough to have what a house needs. He first checked to see if all the cars were gone and everyone left then he walked up to the door.
 
He hesitated though, because of the thought about how Goku and ChiChi would react if they saw him again. It was because of him that the party got ruined, so as he started to walk back he heard a sound of a window opening on the other side of the house. He quietly flew up over the house and sat on the edge of the partially rounded roof. He saw Minako leaning on the edge of the window looking out… at something.
 
Trunks looked at the direction that Minako was looking at and saw a beautiful sunset. A quarter of the sun shown over the forest and it was seen very well from here. Trunks watched it and realized how beautiful it was; he never got to see this kind of stuff back in the city. As soon as it set, darkness fell over the land and that's when Minako went inside. The window was still open so Trunks decided to take a peek inside.
 
Upside down he slowly flew downwards to the window. Inside he saw Minako sitting at her desk with her head resting on her hand. What surprised him were the tears in her eyes, why the hell was she crying? Then Minako turned towards the window where
 
Trunks's head was sticking out and that's when Minako screamed. Trunks got so startled that he fell down towards the ground. ChiChi ran up the stairs and into Minako's room, “Honey, are you okay!?”
 
Minako realized that it was Trunks so she quickly answered, “Oh yeah sorry! I just saw a really large bird and it scared me, but I'm fine, don't worry.”
 
As soon as ChiChi left Minako ran to the window and looked down and saw Trunks smacked face down towards the ground, “Why the hell are you here Trunks?”
 
Trunks struggled to get up and when he finally did he looked up at her, “I wanted to see if you were okay Minako! Geez and you don't even ask if I'm hurt or nothing.”
 
Minako giggled at his silliness, “Sorry, are you alright? And how were you able to stay upside down like that? There's nothing to grab onto.”
 
Trunks made a confused face as if saying `Are you on crack or something' but instead said, “Are you seriously asking me that question?” Minako nodded not knowing why that question was so weird. Trunks said, “Hellooo? Have you ever heard of flying?”
 
Minako started laughing hysterically, “Are you serious? I can understand since me and you are saiyens we have super human strength, but flying? I wasn't born yesterday. Only stuff like birds and planes can do that.”
 
Trunks smirked and flew up to her window. They were eye to eye, Trunks's face was just a few inches away from Minako's and he said, “You're the most naïve saiyen I've ever met, Minako.”
 
Minako could now clearly see those crystal blue eyes looking into her deep brown eyes. His eyes were so pure and blue that it made Minako memorized, but then Minako came to her senses and stepped back with her eyes wide open. She opened her mouth to speak, “Y-you mean, saiyens can… fly?”
 
Trunks sat down at the edge of the window sill, “Well duh! You're telling me that Goku and ChiChi didn't tell you that we can? And beside you should be able to fly when you were little.”
 
Minako shook her head, “I… can't…”
 
That was an awkward moment. Trunks looked down at the floor, sad that he was making fun of her, “Look, I'm sorry. It's just usually a normal saiyen would know how to fly. Erm—uh what I meant was uh, not that your not a normal saiyen it's just all the saiyens I know except you can fly—uh not that you don't. You can always learn or something or… oh boy.”
 
Minako giggled at how Trunks was acting. He was trying hard not to hurt her feelings so he's acting all panicky and putting a bunch of words in one sentence. She went up to him and put her finger on his lips to tell him to be quiet. “It's okay Trunks, I understand, you don't have to explain anything. I just have a favor to ask you.” Trunks raised an eyebrow, not saying anything since Minako's finger was still on his lips. Minako took her finger off and asked, “Uh… can you teach me to fly? If it's not to much trouble that is.”
 
Trunks smiled, “Of course I can.”
 
Minako clapped her hands together happily and noticed that it was pretty dark outside, “Thank you so much! Oh and… by the way, if you haven't noticed it's dark outside. Won't parents be worried about you?”
 
Trunks's smiled faded, and his eyes got darker than before, “No way am I ever going back to those people.” Just thinking about what happened made Trunks's blood boil.
 
Minako put her hand on her friend's shoulder, “What happened? If you want to talk about it I'm here.”
 
Just as soon as Trunks jumped down to the floor from the window sill he felt the same pain he felt earlier go through his side. That's when he fell down to one knee while grabbing his side with the partially broken rib that Vegeta gave him earlier. Though it healed a little already, it still hurt like hell. Minako kneeled down and asked, “Trunks are you alright? What's going on, what happened?”
 
Trunks let go of his side and looked at Minako and smiled, “Heh, you were worried huh? I'm okay, I just got into a little fight with my dad, and we blew a few punches at each other… that's all.”
 
Minako's eyes got big and she started yelling, “What!? How can your father hit you!? Isn't that like, child abuse?”
 
Trunks got and said, “Ah, don't worry about it. I'm a saiyen, remember? Saiyens heal quicker than humans; tomorrow I'll be good as new.”
 
Minako looked away, “It's not funny Trunks… your father can't treat you that way, I mean you're his son.”
 
Trunks looked down at the ground, “That's what my mother told him… he just said that I was just a stupid mistake…” He quickly shut his eyes and turned away so that Minako didn't see him like this. The boy started walking towards the window when Minako stopped him by taking his hand into hers.
 
He turned around and looked at his new concerned friend, “Trunks, if you want you can stay here…”
 
Trunks was surprised, “But… what about your parents? No… its okay I'll go somewhere…”
 
“If you don't want me to tell my parents, then I won't.”
 
“But then… where will I stay?”
 
Minako smiled and went over to her walk in closet, which was built in with the room, and opened it. There was absolutely nothing in there and it was BIG. Trunks walk inside it and looked around and saw that it was big enough for two of him to fit in there.
Minako grinned, “See? Along with the carpet in there I'll get you some blankets and pillows… that is if you still don't want to reconsider telling my parents you're here…”
 
Trunks looked up at her seriously and said sternly, “No.” Then his face relaxed and he bowed, “Minako, I thank you for this. I am forever in your debt.”
 
Minako laughed uneasily, “It's okay, Trunks. Really you don't have to be my debt or anything; this is what friends do for each other.”
 
Trunks stood up straight and said, “Okay… but I still owe you one.”
 
Minako giggled at the sudden change of personality then she heard a grumbling. Trunks put his hand on his stomach and laughed, “I forgot… I didn't eat anything.”
 
Minako started walking quickly out while talking, “'Kay then I'll get you something right now.”
 
Trunks didn't even have a chance to stop her she was already out the door and down the stairs. He chuckled to himself and sat down thinking about how long he's going to stay here.
 
END OF CHAPTER 6