Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: How are we supposed to get out of this?
 
Trunks was still lying down on the nice soft grass with Minako. The two of them were trying to dry off in the sun after their water fight. All of a sudden he felt a pretty big power level. He sat up and looked into the woods where it was coming from. It could only be one person who can still have such a high power level even when try to suppress it. Son Goku.
 
He got up and looked at Minako with a serious face, “We've gotta leave.”
 
Minako got up and asked, “Why, what's wrong?”
 
“I can sense your father's power level getting closer and closer to here. C'mon lets go.” Trunks started running with Minako after him.
 
 
 
Meanwhile Goku, who still had no idea that he was walking to Trunks and Minako felt the 2nd power level disappear but he could still sense the 1st one, then he sensed that it was starting to go a different direction, “Huh… that's weird. Oh I get it, it must be Krillen and he wants to play tag again. Just like old times, huh?” Goku took off running after the two, thinking it was Killen.
 
 
 
Trunks stopped and quickly said, “Minako I need to reduce your power level. I reduced mine so he probably doesn't sense it anymore, but you're still too powerful.”
 
Minako didn't' understand, “But… how—“
 
“Just do it!”
 
Minako concentrated and felt her power start lowing, as soon as it was low enough Trunks pulled her into a couple of bushes along with himself. Minako tried to say something but Trunks covered her mouth from speaking. Through the little holes in the bush the two saw Goku appear out of know where, that's how fast he was running.
 
The man looked around and said, “Hmm, where did it go? Hey is anyone here?”
 
Minako was frozen in shock, she was sitting really still inside the bush hoping her father doesn't find out they're in here. Trunks was so nervous that he had trouble keeping his power level down. Then OOPS, it slipped. Trunks's power level rose a little, he made it go back down right away but it was too late Goku already found where he was.
 
Goku went up to the bush and said playfully, “You can't hide forever Kri— Trunks?”
 
Luckily when Goku reached into the bush he only got a hold of Trunks. Goku stared at him and asked, “Hey Trunks, I thought you were Krillen. But why are you here?”
 
Trunks had to calm down after nearly having a heart-attack, but he couldn't let Goku see that he was hiding from him so he made something up, “Oh sorry, I just came here to apologize to you and ChiChi about what happened at the party.”
 
Goku chuckled, “Aw, it wasn't your fault Trunks. But… if you wanted to apologize our house it over there, so what are you doing in this bush?”
 
Trunks laughed nervously, “Oh… OH you mean this bush, well you see. Sometimes when me and my dad come here we try and find each other. One person tries to find the other person while both power levels are down; it develops your senses more. So I though you were my dad.”
 
“Hmm… hey that's a good idea; I should try that with Minako sometimes.”
 
Trunks laughed nervously and said, “Uh did you some out here to train? I'm sorry I'll just go now so—“
 
“No, hold on Trunks! How about we go get Minako right now? We can all train together; c'mon we'll go back to the house and wake her up.”
 
“No really, Goku. Its okay I—“Goku already patted Trunks's back and the two were walking away.
 
As soon as the two left Minako popped out of the bush and said to herself, “Oh that's just great, Trunks. I gotta get to the house before they do!” Minako took off running; hopefully Trunks and her dad would just walk to the house so that she can get there before them.
 
 
 
Minako ran and ran as fast as she could without raising her power level. She had no idea that the only reason she could run so fast was because she could raise her power level. Probably human can do it too with realizing it, if they're really strong that is. Running with a power level like a human's was really tough, she never knew humans were so slow, Minako always though they could run as fast as her, if not faster! Seems as though she's got a lot to learn about having a “normal” life. Trunks was right, she's really is naive just like her dad.
 
Minako dodged the trees, jumped over bushes, and tried not to bump into the animals. It was like the pants and animals were trying to stop her from getting home, but doesn't it always seem like that when you're nervous and in a hurry? Then Minako suddenly sensed something, she didn't know what but it was like there was something about to jump out from behind a bush and attack her. She didn't know how but she could feel the power of this… thing. It wasn't too strong but it seemed to be pretty big.
 
She stopped and looked at the spot where she felt it, as soon as she went closer to the bush a HUGE tiger jumped out and aimed right at her with its claws and fangs ready to attack. Luckily Minako ducked just in time so the tiger didn't get her. The animal landed on its feet and quickly turned around to face Minako. Minako was on the ground because she fell from how surprised she got. The girl looked at the beast frighteningly and saw it growl at her. It was going to pounce any second so Minako got back up and started backing away, and then she bumped against a tree. There was no where to go, the animal jumped at her again and she jumped out of the way. The tiger pushed its hind legs off the tree and tackled Minako down, pinning her to the ground. The animal's claws went through Minako's shoulders. Minako winced at the pain; it was because her power level was so low that it hurt so much. She had no choice; the girl raised her power and kicked the animal off. She kicked the over-grown cat so hard that it flew through a tree knocking it down. The cat struggled, but managed to get up then running away.
 
Minako got back up with blood running down her arms. So she ripped off the bottom of her shirt making it even shorter and tied 2 pieces of it around both wounds. That should do for the time being. She suddenly realized her level was too high so she lower it back down and started running again, trying her best to ignore the pain shooting up and down both her arms.
 
 
 
“Huh? Did you just feel that power level?” Goku and Trunks were almost at the house and Goku obviously felt Minako's power rise during her battle.
 
Trunks tried to change the subject, “Oh it's probably just your imagination since you probably didn't have breakfast. So c'mon the sooner we wake up Minako the sooner you can eat.”
 
“But… it may have been low but, I defiantly felt something… did you?”
 
Though it was a lie, Trunks shook his head, “Nope, nothing. Like I said the mind plays tricks on you when there's no food in your stomach.”
 
Goku shrugged hi shoulders, “Okay, so let's get to the house. It should be around here.”
 
 
 
Minako finally got to the house and tried to jump up to her window since it was still open since yesterday. Then when she jumped up and landed back down she realized that he power level was too low. This is getting too fucking annoying!!! She just decided to sneak into the house. Minako went to the front door, since there was no back door, and tip-toed towards the stairs. She was just about to pass the door to the kitchen when she heard her mother humming in the kitchen as she made breakfast. Boy, did it smell good!
 
Minako peeked into the kitchen and saw her mother had her back to her. Minako quickly made her way passed the door, and just as she put her foot down on the first step… it creaked. Minako froze up hoping her mother didn't her that, but her mom did. ChiChi stopped humming and said, “Goku is that you honey?”
 
Minako went up the stairs and thankfully none of them made a sound, but since ChiChi didn't hear an answer she came out the kitchen and looked up the stairs. Minako was just at her room when she heard her mother walking up the stairs. The girl opened the door and zoomed inside and quietly shut the door. Minako flew into her bed and pretended to be asleep. ChiChi burst open into the room and saw her daughter. Minako turned around, still under the blanket covering the bandages on both arms.
 
She tried to sound as sleepy as should could, “Hi mom… what are you doing here?”
 
“Oh, I'm sorry to wake you, but did you hear anyone walk upstairs?”
 
Minako shook her head and did a fake yawn, “Nope. Sorry, I was asleep.”
 
Chichi smiled, “Oh okay, it must've been my imagination. Minako it's almost 9 and I'm making breakfast. Why don't you get ready and go downstairs. Oh and please wake up your brother for me.”
 
Minako smiled and said, “Okay mom.”
 
As soon as ChiChi left she popped out of bed and unwrap her arms from the bandages. Minako looked at both her arms and saw that even though it was bleeding a lot before, it wasn't so bad now. Then all of a sudden something crashes in the closet and into the door making it open. Minako looked down and saw her brother on the floor half-way out the door of the closet. He looked up and laughed nervously, “Hi sis.”
 
Minako started wide-eyed at him, “What were you doing in there?”
 
Goten got up and said, “No, the real question here is, what were you doing out of the house without telling mom or dad? Not only that but you pretended you were asleep the whole time! What's with you? And what happened to your shoulders, are you okay?”
 
Minako didn't know how to answer that question, “I uh… wait but… how'd you know I left? Did you see me leave?”
 
Goten crossed his arms and said, “No. I woke up like 10 minutes ago and wanted to see if you were awake. So I came in here and saw that you were gone. Then I heard someone running up the stairs so I hid in the closet. Well, you know what happened from then on.”
 
Minako looked down in shame, “I'm sorry… b-but… you're going to tell mom and dad huh?”
 
Goten smirked, “Not if there was a good reason behind it. Now tell me the truth, no lying.”
 
Minako sighed; there was no way out of this. So she sat down and told Goten everything that happened. From the time Trunks came to her window to now.
 
After she finished the story she looked at Goten, who was staring at her in amazement, “Are you serious!? Sis, you can't have a guy sleeping in the same room as you! I mean its okay when you're married but… no wait. You can't get married to Trunks! No, I won't allow it!”
 
Minako's face turned red, “What are you talking about!? No one's getting married!”
 
Goten took in a deep breath, “Oh, okay that's good.”
 
Minako crossed her arms and rose an eyebrow, “What do you mean `Oh that's good'?”
 
Goten stammered, “Well you see—“He was interrupted by their father's voice coming from downstairs.
 
Goten was just about to leave but Minako stopped him, “Uh wait you won't tell right?”
 
Goten smiled, “Of course not… I promise. But when mom and dad find out you're on your own, got it?” Minako nodded and her brother said, “Okay, oh and put on another shirt `cause this one's got blood stains and holes. I'll meet you down stairs.”
 
As soon and Goten left Minako realized that for a 14 year-old guy, he's really cool. She changed her shirt and came down stairs, she saw her brother look up at her as if something was wrong. When Minako finally got to the kitchen she saw Trunks. She gave him this look that said `What the hell are you still doing here?' Trunks gave her this helpless look as if saying `Sorry, I had no choice.'
 
Goten went up to Trunks and put his hand on his shoulder and said, “Hey there Trunks, you met Minako before right?”
 
Then Goten squeezed his shoulder really hard as if warning him to stay away from his sister. Trunks looked up at Minako and mouthed out “He knows?”
 
Minako looked down in shame and nodded. Trunks looked up at Goten and that's when he saw the most evil smile given by Goten. It gave him chills.
 
ChiChi put the food on the table and said, “Okay everyone, breakfast is ready!”
 
End of chapter 9