Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18: The life of a 16 year-old is never easy
 
Right after Trunks left the entire lunch room was back to normal. Minako, Goten, Sumi and Hachiro were looking at each other with puzzled faces.
 
Goten sat down next to his sister, “What happened?”
 
Minako shrugged, “I have no idea. A voice came out of no where and called Trunks to something called a `Principal's Office'”
 
Goten looked at Sumi and Hachiro who was looking at Minako with weird faces so he started laughing, “Oh, ah hahahaha good one Minako. She was just fooling around; she knew it was the loud speaker, right?”
 
Minako was about to say `No' but Goten stepped on her foot so she wouldn't say anything, but that was a bad move.
 
Minako got up out of her chair and started jumping up and down holding her foot, “OWWWW!!! GOTEN!!! WHY WOULD YOU STEP ON MY FOOT!!! That hurt, and I KNOW that wasn't on accident!!!”
 
Goten got up and frantically tried to make Minako set her foot down `cause her skirt was going up, but accidentally pushed her.
 
Minako got up and looked at her brother, “Why are you being so mean….”
 
Goten waved his arms in the air and shook his head “No you don't understand! It was an accident!!! I didn't mean to push you down, I—“
 
Minako didn't want to hear it; she just turned around and left. Goten was left there standing with the entire lunchroom looking at him. He looked back at Sumi and Hachiro who were staring at Goten.
 
Goten hung his head and sat back down in his chair. He picked up his plastic Spork and bent it in half with his thumb.
 
Katashi was walking back slowly and looking at the quiet lunchroom which was slowly returning to normal. He sat down next to Sumi and whispered, “So what'd I miss?”
 
Sumi shook her head, “Just Minako and Goten fighting. I don't understand how siblings are always fighting. They should be more like us.”
 
Katashi shook his head, “That's right, Sumi.”
 
Hachiro and Goten looked at him with faces that asked `Are you serious?'
 
 
 
Meanwhile Minako was out in the hallway just walking around thinking to herself while staring at the ground. What did she do to make Goten mad at her? He never pushed or stepped on her foot before. She suddenly looked up and stopped because she felt something… strange. The girl looked to her right and saw a door that had a window in the middle of it that had the words PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE written on it. She looked into the window trying to see what's so special about this place that everyone was so amazed that Trunks was sent here.
 
Inside she saw Bulma in a beige business type suit with a skirt instead of pants sitting in a chair and talking to a lady in a almost the same type of suit only twice the size and in dark blue who was facing the window with her arms crossed. Trunks was sitting in the chair next to his mother slumped down and arms crossed with an annoyed frown on his face.
 
Trunks suddenly sat up straight, uncrossed his arms and looked over towards the door at Minako. Minako looked at him and his widened his eyes.
 
Trunks looked over to the lady standing by the window and asked something. She nodded and said something as well, that's when he got up, bowed and left through the door.
 
As soon as he closed the door he looked over to Minako who was standing next to him, “What are you doing here? You should be in the lunchroom.”
 
Minako smiled, “Oh I just wanted to walk around and look at the school for a bit.”
 
Trunks started walking and Minako walked with him, then he asked, “Are you sure? `Cause I would think Goten would come with you… since he's so protective and all.”
 
Minako continued to smiled, “Oh don't worry. So why did you have to come in there anyway?”
 
Trunks sighed, “Oh it was just something that was going on last year. It's no big deal.”
 
Minako had a concerned look on her face, “Are you sure? Because I wouldn't think your mom would come in if it was nothing.”
 
“I'm positive.”
 
It was obvious that Trunks was lying but Minako couldn't say anything since she was also lying about why she was walking around the school.
 
The bell rang and Minako looked up to the left and then to the right trying to figure out what happened, she still didn't get used to the bell.
 
“Don't worry Minako,” Trunks chuckled, “it's the bell, remember?”
 
Minako nodded and the two walked off to the classroom.
 
 
 
Meanwhile back in the office the lady Bulma was talking to was the Principal. Bulma was looking down at her hands that were neatly folding on her lap.
 
The Principal walked over to her desk and sat down in her big black leather chair, “Mrs. Briefs I know this is a new year and all, but I just want to make sure there won't be a repeat of last year.”
 
Bulma nodded, “Yes of course, me and my husband both talked to him and explained that he needs to control himself.”
 
The Principal crossed her arms, “You do realize we had to explain to all the parents of the children that got hurt that it was all an accident? So many hours talking to them, so many kids going to the nurse's office and for what? For the fact that your son can't control his own strength so we've got kids with broken limbs walking around. This is a high class High School; I will not have savages running around our halls harming other students!”
 
Bulma made two fists but smiled assuring, “Do not worry Principal Uzumaki. Trunks will be on his best behavior.”
 
Principal Uzumaki put on her glasses and moved a few sheets of paper in front of her, “I should hope so. You can leave now, I am very busy.”
 
“Yes of course,” Bulma bowed, “Thank you so much.” As she was leaving Bulma smiled, but as soon as she shut the door a frown came upon her face and though to herself, “That little... grr I can't even begin to explain how I hate her…” Bulma sighed, “Trunks… Vegeta can be a little too cruel on you… is that why you were misbehaving so much last year?”
 
Bulma started to remember how it was last year:
 
Phone was ringing while Bulma was in the living room about to settle down to watch TV after dropping Bra off at day care.
“Hello?”
“Yes, Mrs. Briefs?”
“This is she, who is this?”
“This is Principal Uzumaki, it's about Trunks. He accidentally hit the soccer ball too hard and the goalie crashed into the metal rim of the goal.”
“Oh my goodness! Is he alright?”
“Yes, he is. But Trunks is in a lot of trouble. I was hoping you can come down to the school.”
“Yes, of course. Right away.”
 
That was only one of the many incidents that happened in school. There was one time when Trunks hurt this one girl and wanted to run away from home. Luckily Vegeta caught him about to fly out the window with his backpack.
 
Bulma would never understand how it must be like to live a normal life of a 16 year-old and keep such a secret from everyone.
 
When she was 16 she just met Goku, Yamcha, and everyone else while trying to locate the Dragonballs… those were some good times. Not a lot of responsibility, everyone so happy and carefree. Except for when Goku turned into the ape…
 
Now everyone is getting old, more responsibilities and so much more headaches! But not even Vegeta would be able to understand what Trunks is going through. When Vegeta was 16 he was destroying planets at Frieza's side, not in High School. Will Trunks really be okay in a normal High School?
 
Bulma, heading towards her car, was already outside of the school and was passing the school yard where all the kids were playing baseball on the grass field. She noticed Trunks was getting ready to bat. The ball was thrown, and Bulma held her breathe. Please Trunks don't hit anyone, please… Trunks hit it and it was sent flying towards the outfield. Her son ran towards 1st base… 2nd… 3rd… HOME!
 
She was happy to see the look on Trunks's face when he reached home. All the kids were giving him high fives.
 
Yeah… he'll be alright
 
END OF CHAPTER 18