Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 31

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 31: We run on the fumes of injustice, we'll never die with the fuel that you give us - Rise Against (Shush… they have awesome lyrics >.<)
 
*THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: 2500 yen = approximately $22
 
Minako was awoken by the sun beating through her window; she always forgets to shut the curtains. What time is it? 7:34 am… I guess it's time to wake up anyway. Minako got up and stretched. She went over to her dresser drawer and got out her clean navy blue uniform and put it on. Then she walked downstairs while carrying her backpack on one shoulder, still half asleep.
 
“Good morning, Minako.” ChiChi said while putting more pancakes on the table.
 
Goten was already sitting at the table eating his weight in pancakes, omelet, and sausages. The girl sat down next to her brother and stacked a huge amount of food on her plate, possibly larger than her brother's.
 
With a full mouth Goten said, “I see you got your appetite back.”
 
Minako nodded and started eating the food; it wasn't long after that she went for seconds… and thirds.
 
“Whoa, Minako calm down; don't you think that enough food?” ChiChi said while drinking her coffee.
 
Minako swallowing the last bit of her ham and cheese omelet and smiled; “Now it is. Okay ready to go to school Goten?”
 
Goten got up and said, “Yup, let's go!”
 
Then they heard a knock on the door, ChiChi said, “Come in it's opened.”
 
Trunks was the one who came in, he had a smile don his face, “Good morning everyone, you guys ready to go to school?”
 
Minako nodded, “Uh huh.”
 
Then the two looked at Goten who was making goo-goo and kissing sounds at the two. Trunks stared annoyingly at the 14 year-old that was acting like a 5 year-old and just walked away with Minako right behind him
 
 
 
The three of them flew to the end of the forest and like always and the walked the rest of the way to school. Trunks looked at Minako who holding her backpack's strap while it was hanging on her right shoulder and drumming her fingers from nervousness. He sighed to himself, and pushed back his violet hair which just fell back onto his eyes. Goten, who was standing on the left, noticed it too and then put his hand on her shoulder. Minako looked at her brother and saw his comforting smile; this made her relax a little.
 
They finally made it to the front of the school and started walking up to the doors. No matter whether it was outside of the school, or inside everyone would stop their conversation to either glare or whisper about them. The three of them were heading to their lockers when they passed the football team. The captain of the team went in front of Trunks to stop him.
 
The boy was pretty large, but not as muscular as Trunks. A little taller than him, brown eyes, his brown hair really short like in the army, and was wearing the Kiyoshi High School lettermen's jacket with jeans.
 
“Yo, Trunks,” he spoke in a deep raspy voice, “didn't the coach talk to you about the football team?”
 
“Yeah, so?”
 
“Well, how come you're not gonna join? Think you're better than us or something?”
 
Trunks rolled his eyes, “Look I don't have time for this, I'm not gonna join the team. I got better things to do than throw the skin of a pig around and get trampled on by over-weighed fat asses.”
 
The football team's captain's face turned red with anger, “WHAT'D YOU JUST SAY!?”
 
He grabbed Trunks by his collar who didn't even care, his voice stayed calm and cool, “I dare you to hit me, you remember what happened last time don't you?”

Trunks got set back down and then turned away to continue walking. Goten and Minako quickly walked next to him, leaving the football team staring as they walked away. Minako walked a little forward to stay next to Trunks,
 
“What was that all about, Trunks?” Her voice was barley above a whisper
 
“Oh nothin—“
 
He stopped and quickly turned around. Minako took a step back to stare at what happened it was so fast that almost no one understood what was going on. There stood Trunks with his feet planted into the ground holding a football in just his right hand. Apparently the jocks decided to play a joke on Trunks. So they threw a football at him while his back was turned thinking it would hit the back of his head, but Trunks caught it. His face was calm yet angry, and then everyone saw him hold out his right hand, which was holding the ball, towards the football team. Then it started slowly deflating, after it was just a mere sagging sack Trunks dropped it on the floor.
 
The two siblings walked away with him soon as Trunks started walking. Minako looked at Trunks with worried eyes, which he noticed,
 
“What wrong, Minako?”

“What did you do to him `last time' that made that guy let go of you so easily without a fight?”

Trunks smiled, “Oh it's nothing, don't worry about it Minako.”
 
Goten eyed Trunks, You better not tell Minako what you did… if she knew what happened last year, not even she would look at you the same way. Goten sighed to himself and shook his head. Boy Trunks, you're as reckless as ever.
 
 
 
The two parted with Goten and got into their homeroom right before the bell rang. Everyone inside was have pleasant conversations until they saw Trunks and Minako come in, the whispering started again. This made Minako very uncomfortable, without realizing it she grabbed Trunks's hand trying to seek comfort. The boy widened his eyes but then smiled at Minako trying to comfort her, she smiled back and the two walked to their seats.
 
Minako sat down in her seat and looked out the window trying her best to ignore the stares from her classmates. Then a voice made her turn around,
 
“Uh Minako…” it was Katashi, “Look about last week… I… I'm really sorry.”
 
Minako smiled and said, “It's alright Katashi, I understand that it was—“
 
“No Minako,” he stopped her, “You have to let me finish, and even though everyone was saying those rumors I should've given you the benefit of the doubt. The way me and my sister acting was unforgivable but… I hope you can forgive us and still be friends.”
 
Minako smiled in happiness and said, “Yes Katashi! Thank you so much for saying that, I am so happy we are still friends.”
 
The boy moved his sandy brown hair out of his face and smiled, “Thanks Minako, I'm happy you forgive me.”
 
Trunks rolled his eyes and said jokingly, “That was so cheesy, Katashi. Are you actually gonna go for that Minako?”

Minako looked confused but Katashi just said, “Ha, ha, very funny.”
 
Mr. Toriyama came into the room and said, “Now, now class, settle down. I have to take your attendance.”
 
After the attendance was taken, everyone went to their usual Monday classes. And before they knew it, it was LUNCH TIME!!!
 
Trunks was protective of Minako the entire day, even when he wasn't in her class she saw him pass the class room and quickly peek in. During Lunch he would not leave her side, and especially when it was time to pay for the food.
 
“That will be 2500 yen*.”
 
Minako was just about to reach into her school bag for the money when Trunks quickly said,
 
“Here Minako! My mom gave me a little bit extra money so I'll pay for your lunch!”
 
Minako was confused at first but then said, “Oh really? Thanks Trunks.”
 
Trunks paid for his food and then Katashi paid for his, that's when Katashi said, “Hey how about we eat outside today? It's pretty nice out.”
 
 
 
Outside they sat on a bench and ate their lunches and the three of them talked to each other. Minako sat on the ground with her empty tray of food sitting next to her. Trunks and Katashi were sitting on the bench also putting their empty lunch trays next to Minako's. All of a sudden you hear a girl screaming and running towards Trunks and Katashi, they started looking around because they didn't realize she was coming from behind them since they have their backs to her. The fairly short girl kicks Katashi in the back of the head making him fall face first into the ground next to Minako.
 
She looked at Katashi and then back at the girl and said, “Sumi! Hey there, how've you been!?”
 
The girl, who was apparently Sumi, smiled and said, “Minako! How are you!?” She ran over and hugged her, “I am SO sorry for what me and my lame-ass brother did on Tuesday!”
 
Minako smiled and hugged her back, “It's okay, your brother already apologized for the both of you.”

Sumi let go of Minako and stared angrily at her twin brother, “You think I can't apologize for myself? You think `cause you're 3 minutes older you can decide everything for me!? I'll show you!”
 
She grabbed the back of his head and was gonna give him a noogie but he moved his head a little over to the side and forward forgetting that Minako was there. So he ended up falling right onto her. Trunks shot up off the bench at the sight of it and Katashi got off Minako and sat to the side of her apologizing repeatedly. Trunks went to the girl and picked her up,
 
“Are you okay Minako? Are you hurt in any way?”

Minako rubbed her head, “I'm fine, just a little unexpected.”
 
Sumi punched Katashi in the head, “See what you did now Katashi?”
 
“I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!! IT'S YOUR FAULT!!”
 
“Nuh uh it's YOUR fault!”
 
“YOU'RE FAULT!!”
 
“NO YOURS!!!!”
 
Minako laughed uneasily, “C'mon you two I'm fine. Just let it go, you guys always seem to fight with each other.”
 
Sumi hugged her brother's necks and pulled him next to her to her height level, “That's just the way we show our care for each other. Besides a little fighting is good for weak Katashi.”
 
Katashi laughed, “Yeah don't worry about it. Don't you act that way with your brother?”
 
Minako shook her head and they saw Goten walk towards them waving and saying, “Hey guys!!”
 
Sumi let go of her brother making him flop onto the ground and said while waving, “Speak of the devil. Hey Goten!!!!”
 
Goten sat down next to Trunks on the bench and stared at everyone, “So… what'd I miss?”
 
Trunks smirked, “Katashi and Sumi were actually getting along for once.”
 
Sumi yelled out, “WHAT? C'mon me get along with that weak girl?”
 
Minako was confused, “But I though Katashi was a boy…”
 
Sumi smiled, “But she acts like a sissy little girl.”
 
Katashi said, “Hey! I do not! I took the same amount of years of karate as you.”
 
Everyone stared at Katashi and Goten spoke, “So you guys started training at the same time… but yet… the sister can be the brother up…” after a moment of silence Trunks and Goten burst out laughing making Katashi glare at them.
 
“Stop laughing you two!!! It's not funny!!!”
 
In between laughs Trunks managed to say, “Yeah you're right… IT'S HYTERICAL!!”
 
Minako continued to sit on the ground and looked at Katashi and smiled. He noticed this and looked back at her, “Don't worry Katashi, if you try hard enough you might actually surpass Sumi one day. You just have to work a little harder that's all.”
 
Trunks and Goten stopped laughing and looked at Minako, and then Sumi hugged her, “Awwww Minako you are so nice!!!! You're even nice to my lame-ass brother.”
 
Goten looked at Katashi who was looking at Minako while smiling and blushing slightly. The boy then elbowed Trunks on the side and said out loud, “Check it out Trunk, looks like Katashi got a little crush on Minako, seems like you've got a little competition.”
 
“WHAT??? No… of course not!! I don't like Minako!” Everyone stared at Katashi who just realized what he said, “No, that's not what I meant. I meant as in I don't like you like you… as in more than a friend.” Minako stared at Katashi blankly, Sumi looked like she was about to punch him, Goten was trying not to laugh, and Trunks was looking away. “I mean…” he looked at Minako, “I like you as a friend”
 
Minako smiled, “I like you too Katashi.”
 
Trunks slapped his forehead, this is getting all too confusing and Minako doesn't realize half the things that are going on. Maybe it's a good think she takes after her father, otherwise who knows she might end up like Sumi… Oh KAMI that'd be REALLY scary.
 
“HEY TRUNKS, YOU COMING?”
 
Trunks looked up and saw his friends starting to walk away. Minako was smiling at him and waving, apparently the bell rang and he didn't notice. Trunks shot up and ran towards the guys and they all walked happily back to their afternoon classes.
 
 
END OF CHAPTER 31