Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Morning After ❯ Gohan Gets Spooked ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
THE MORNING ARFTER
By animegrrrl


PREVIOUSLY ON THE MORNING AFTER:

Gohan's mouth dropped in surprise. "Who?"

Puar helpfully answered. "Oh, that's just Yamucha's boyfriend."

"BOYFRIEND?!"

Ch.3 - Gohan Gets Spooked

"Puar!" The blue animal jumped and nervously turned around, to face an irate Yamucha standing in the kitchen doorway.

"I'm so sorry, Yamucha." Paur expressed in her highpitched voice. "I forgot." The scarred man made a frustrated noise and rubbed his face. He opened his eyes and stared at Puar through the fingers of his hand, still tangled in his hair. The floating cat got lost, dissapearing in a puff of smoke.

Gohan's mouth was still open. He stood, trying to make sense of what just happened. Yamucha could practically see the question marks circling the demi-Saiyan's head. "Gohan..."

"Boyfriend?!" the youth blurted out again.

Yamucha scowled. "Yeah. I mean, NO!" Gohan plopped down on the couch with the force of that statement. Yamucha started to talk. "I'm not gay, and he's not my boyfriend." The demi-Saiyan looked at him with wide eyes. The older man had the grace to blush, and blurted out the truth. "I'm bi, and he's just a really annoying guy who thinks I'm his boyfriend just b/c I spent two whole nights with him. Big deal." Yamucha laughed weakly.

"All the stories I heard..." Gohan said, voice quiet, "I grew up about hearing what a wolf you were around women."

By now Yamucha had stopped pacing and stood staring down with his hands in his pockets at the people walking by in the street. Through his living room window this high up, they looked like tiny, animated dolls. This one on the cell phone, that one asking for money. An officer giving a ticket to a wrongly parked car. Examples of urban life. Total strangers, whom he had given his life to protect. Shouldn't that have brought him just a little bit closer?

Yamucha closed his eyes and thought of someone who was far away, cold. Forever out of reach. Vegeta, the Prince of all Saiyans. Proud, arrogant, violent, passionate. Sex. That's what he made Yamucha think about. Sex. Hots nights of sweat soaked beds, the grunted curse of an impassioned prince, to be held possessively in those regal arms afterwards.

Yamuch snorted. He didn't need to be thinking along those lines, or else he was going to overheat and burst into a torch right in front of the kid. But really, Vegeta was the first. The first to make him notice that tight male asses looked good in spandex, the first to make him wonder if Bulma really wasn't 'the one'.

"To answer your question Gohan, I was a dog. We'd fight, Bulma and me. She would date some guy to piss me off, I'd go out with someone less difficult, and eventually we'd get bored, kiss and make up. It was always like this. She was so sweet, and then so demanding the next second, criticising me, berating me for something and I would split. Anyways, our fighting got worse. She wouldn't sleep with me, because I wasn't 'perfect' enough, but other women would. I was an unbeatable player, an all-star icon in their eyes. I used to be terrified of intimacy, but now I couldn't get enough! And then Vegeta came to live with us. I always thought I was going end up marrying her Gohan. I guess I took her for granted."

"At first, I stuck around and tried to compete, but it just got too intense, too weird. I left after I found out Bulma got pregnant with Trunks. So yeah, I dated a lot of other people after her. We got along better when we decided to just be friends anyways.

Yamucha stole a quick look behind before turning back to the window. Still there. "Poor kid, I hope I haven't scared him." Yamucha took a deep breath and worked up his nerve. "Is it so wrong to like the good things in people, to appreciate their good looks?"

"No..." Gohan answered. "I guess not."

"There was another reason it got weird at Capsule Corp. Vegeta was attracted to Bulma. Bulma was attracted to Vegeta. I was attracted to both of them."

"WHA-AAT! Vegeta!"

"Yeah, haha. I hated him at the time, because of Bulma, and yet, I couldn't help but admire him."

"Vegeta, of all people... He's scary."

"Yeah. Yeah, he is." Yamucha smiled.

Gohan's brow furrowed in consternation. "Vegeta?? But he's short, and mean, and... like Piccolo? Maybe Yamucha saw that he could be really nice on the inside? After all, he did get a family... It makes me wonder what other guys Yamucha has a thing for... No. No, I don't want to know."

Curiousity got the better of him. -.- "Saaay, have you liked anyone else? Like... my dad, or Piccolo?"

"What! No way kid!"

"Oh! Okay!" Gohan laughed in relief. Yamucha laughed in embarrassment. "Gee, Yamucha-san, it must have been awful, stuck between those two."

"I know!" The scarred man threw his hands up in the air. "I couldn't choose!"

Gohan thought of his mother. "I know what you mean."

Yamucha's head snapped around. "What?"

"I- I m-mean," Gohan gulped, "I- I mean... nothing." He stood up from the couch. "I've got to go now."

Yamucha grabbed his arm. "Wait, if there's anything you want to talk about-"

"There's nothing!" Gohan denied explosively while ripping his arm out of Yamucha's grip. There was something though, in the older man's voice, in the earnest gaze he gave Gohan while standing a few feet apart, that crossed the emotional distance that now stood between them and made the teen pause, just for a strained moment...

"Gohan, you can come to me whenever you want, talk to me about whatever you want. Remember that."

The demi-Saiyan looked at him emotionessly and walked out the door.

NEXT: Ch.4 - Conclusion aka Gohan Gets His 0.0

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Whoo! Finished at midnight, Dec. 13, 2004, just got back from Qutar. Guess I had to be depressed over some stupid guy to be feelin' the drama for this chapter. I was stuck on it for the longest time!