Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Show ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own the members of Magic. This story is pure fiction.

AN: Now because I've bored you all with so much new information, I promise to give you all what you really want in this chapter … Vegeta! Let the show begin!

* * *

"You'll fight with me Kakarot! Unless you'd like another part of the stadium remodeled!" Vegeta growled.

"Vegeta, certainly you didn't," Goku said sadly. "How sad. I didn't think you were weak enough to be controlled."

"Dad don't..." Gohan warned.

"Vegeta! Answer me! Do you let yourself be a slave?!" Goku yelled.

Vegeta only smiled as he lifted a hand and pointed it at the crowd. Without a second thought Vegeta blast into the audience.

"Tell me! Is it slavery when you get what you want?!"

Goku, now seething with anger turned from the horror of the crowd and looked at a smiling Vegeta.

Silence.

Silence.

Ashley looked up from her ScriptScreen 2000 and looked at Alisa in confusion.

"Uh Alisa?" Ashley said questioningly.

Alisa snapped out of her daydream and notice that everyone was staring at her.

"Huh?" she said.

Leaza and Daisy shot each other a smile.

"Usually when there's a line with the name GOHAN printed next to it YOUR suppose to speak," Ashley said calmly.

"I'm sorry Ash. I'm so out of it today. I just don't know what's wrong with me," Alisa apologized.

Ashley's features softened into a smile. "It's okay Alisa. I think we all need a break. Let's wrap this for the day, what do you guys say?"

Everyone cheered except one.

"Ah, come on guys! Let's do just one more episode."

Jasmine stood as she turned off her ScriptScreen and cocked an eyebrow at her sister. "The only reason you're so eager to continue wouldn't have anything to do with fact that your character has a lot of lines, does it?"

Mona smiled slyly. "True, Vegeta has a lot of really great speeches come in the next few episodes, but that's not the only reason. I feel in a really Vegeta kind of mood today."

"Lord help us," mumbled Isabella. Mona playfully shot her a dirty look. After receiving a chuckle from Isabella, Mona turned back to her sister.

"Anyway the only reason you want to break now is because Piccolo's stone and can't talk," Mona finished matter-of-factly.

"That maybe true," Jasmine said, "but Duabra can and I'm tired of doing the voice for today."

Mona rolled her eyes and turned back to Ashley. "Come on Ash. One more episode. After all it was you that said we were behind and had to get these last episodes to the network soon."

Ashley looked across the table at Mona. It was true that they were behind with the show and they really needed to get it done today when none of them had scheduling conflicts. But…she had to agree with Jasmine too. They had all been in voice room #5 since 6:00 a.m. and it was almost 12:00 now. They'd each been sitting at their voice stations for four hours and as much as she liked doing the voices of Goku and ChiChi, she was tired of hearing them. But…the show had to get done.

"Aaaahhh," Ashley cried, fed up with the mental struggle. Ashley opened her planner then, after glancing over it, made a decision. "Okay tell you what. How about we break for lunch. Then after the group meeting today, we'll meet back here. That way your voices get a break. But…" Ashley warned, "be prepared to work when we get back. We are going to re-do `Vegeta's Pride' then run all the way through `Final Atonement.' After you turn off your screens, you ladies are free to go."

Jasmine playfully stuck her tongue out at Mona who squished her nose up at her in return.

The ladies, excited about having a free hour, quickly filed out the room. Mona, being the last one out, quickened her step to catch up with Ashley. When she caught her she playfully nudged her with her shoulder.

"So Kakarot, are you ready for tonight's big performance?" she asked in her favorite Vegeta voice.

Ashley smiled. "You wouldn't mean our first Dragonball Z performance, would you?"

Mona's eyes gleamed with excitement as she smiled. "Aren't you excited? I can't believe we never thought to do one of these shows before."

"I know," Ashley said. When Mona had first suggested doing Dragonball Z in a group meeting a month ago, Ashley had wondered the same thing.

"You know what the best part is?" Mona asked as she linked her arm with Ashley's.

"What?"

"When we all walk out to take the final bow and the audience finds out that all those big strong men are women."

Ashley chuckled. "Yeah that will be pretty good. So, my Saiyin prince, would you like to join me for lunch today?"

Mona did a Bulma hair flip then in her Bulma voice said, "Sure thing! I thought you'd never ask."

At 1:00 p.m. the group members all entered conference room #1 and took their usual seats. Ashley, at the head of the table, called the meeting to order.

"Okay guys we got to make this one short and sweet. I don't have any new business. How about you Al?"

Aladdin, sitting in the seat next to Ashley, shook his dark head.

"Good. If nobody else has anything let's go over the checklist for tonight's show. First we are doing episodes `The Long Awaited Fight' through `Final Atonement'. Josh, I need you to set up the lighting, but after that we can handle it. Gentlemen, you are free to watch the show tonight, because we ladies have it all under control. Now, as for rehearsals. First Mona I want you to get with Daisy and work that last scene. Daisy I want you to go ahead and split and morph into Trunks and Goten and Mona go head and do your Vegeta morph. Then Mona I want you to work with Leaza and work your fight scene. Leaza I want you in full Buu mode. After…"

As Ashley continued to hand out assignments, the group members nodded their heads in understanding. She finally wrapped up the orders.

"Now," she said taking a breath, "for the fun part. Is the party all set up?"

Mona, since she was tonight's main character, was in charge of the after play party. "Everything is all set up Ash. All the tickets have been sold and it should be the best one yet."

Ashley smiled. "Good. Now ladies remember the dresses that Leaza designed for the show are what we're wearing to the party. So, don't forget them." Each woman made a mental note to pick up her dress on the way to the theater.

"Well if that's everything, meeting adjured. Ladies I'll see you in voice room #5 in 15 minutes. It looks like were going to have a great show."

* * *

"No."

Bulma sighed as she looked down at her husband who was doing crunches on the living room floor. Why did he always have to make things so difficult?

"Please Vegeta. If you don't go you'll ruin the whole family mood."

"No."

"Vegeta, me and ChiChi have been planning this outing for a long time. The tickets have been bought, the kids are all excited, and everyone has cleared their schedule. So, Vegeta will you please come?"

"No."

Bulma was about to throw a fit but she decided to try another tactic. "You know…Goku is going with his family."

"Kakarot is going," Vegeta huffed out as he continued his work out.

"Yes!" Bulma said sounding a little hopeful.

"Then I'm definitely not going," Vegeta said without missing a beat in his crunch work out.

"But they say that Magic puts on the best shows around. There's even a party afterwards and since we paid extra we have tickets to the party."

"I don't want to go to a party," Vegeta said.

Bulma bit her lip as she watched Vegeta continue crunching. How was she going to convince him to come?

Vegeta finished his last set then sat up and reached for the towel sitting next to him. As she watched him she decided try her last resort. Begging. She sat down next to her husband, who was wiping the sweat off his face, and placed her head on his shoulder.

In her most pouty voice, she said, "Pleeaasee Vegeta. Please, please, please, please. Pleeaassee Vegeta-chan. Please, please…"

As she continued, Vegeta looked at the woman with disgust. How could she lower herself to the means of begging?

"Cut it out woman. Do you have no pride?" he asked trying to shrug her off, but Bulma only snuggled closer and continued her pitiful pleads.

Finally Vegeta gave up with a growl. "Fine! I'll go!"

Bulma smiled then kissed his cheek. "I knew you would!" she said happily.

Vegeta got up and started up the stairs. "What time does my torture begin?" he asked over his shoulder.

"Trunks, Bra, and I will be ready at 6:00," Bulma said with a smile.

"Right," Vegeta murmured as he continued up the stairs to his room.

* * *

Don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.