Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Show ❯ Part 1: That Darn Trunks ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of the characters. I do own Magic though. Hooray for me!

AN: It feels like forever since I worked on this fic. Anyway thanks for the reviews.

* * *

Breakfast in the Briefs household the following day was a somber affair. Bra had woken in a bright mood and had started happily chatting about the previous day's events. She was just about to comment on the cartoon when her farther gave her `the look'. She had been silent ever since.

Bulma found the meal especially hard because she couldn't help looking from her husband to her children in sadness. She couldn't even begin to imagine what this was like for Vegeta. Last night after his statement he had refused to talk anymore. He had climbed into bed and fell asleep facing the wall. Bulma had lain awake for hours trying to think of a solution to this problem. After all she was the mother and that's what the mother did. Solve the family's problems. She felt like she was failing her family because she had no answers.

Vegeta focused on his plate because he couldn't look at the woman. He knew he shouldn't have told her those things last night. Now she would feel it was her burden to carry. He had stayed awake most of the night listening to her think. He could almost literally hear the gears in her head working, trying to find the answers that would help him. What she didn't understand was that she couldn't help him. He had nailed his own coffin all those years ago under the control of Freeza. It was only a matter of time before he would see the disgust and hatred in his children's eyes.

Trunks barely noticed the tension between his parents. He had problems of his own. He was determined to see those Dragonball Z episodes. He was just dying to know what his dad was like before he got with his mom. It wasn't until yesterday that Trunks realized that his dad never talked about his past. He hadn't even found out that his father was a prince from his dad, his mom had told him.

That's why before he left last night he had made sure to ask Ashley if they could come back whenever they wanted. Since she had gladly given him permission there was only one thing he had to do and he wasn't looking forward to it.

He took a deep breath then looked at his father. "Dad?"

"Hmm," Vegeta grunted not looking up from his plate.

"Would you mind if we…uh…kind of skipped our training today?"

Bulma looked up in surprise. Trunks never missed training with Vegeta. Not just because Vegeta made it a requirement that they train everyday, but because Trunks never missed an opportunity to be with his father.

Vegeta sat his fork down then looked at his son, his face expressionless. "You want to skip training?"

Trunks cleared his throat. "Well I-I want be skipping training, really. I want to go to Goten's and well spar so I will still get some training in..." he stuttered.

Vegeta stared at Trunks for a moment, then picked up his fork and returned his attention to his plate. "Fine," he grunted.

Trunks' face lit with excitement. He didn't know why his dad agreed so easily but he was glad he had.

Trunks quickly finished up his breakfast then ran upstairs and called Goten.

"Hey Trunks," Goten said when his mom gave him the phone.

"Listen up Goten. Tell your mom that you're coming over my house then meet me at our sparring spot in the woods," Trunks instructed.

"But Trunks, why-" Goten started.

"I'll explain everything later. Just do it okay," Trunks said.

"K, bye," Goten said hanging up.

Trunks quickly dressed then ran downstairs.

"I'm leaving Mom!" he called.

"Be careful," Bulma called back.

"I will," he said as he shut the door behind him.

* * *

Trunks and Goten landed in front of the large black gates with double M's on it.

"Truunnkss, we could get in a lot of trouble for this. We're not suppose to be here," Goten whined.

"Of course we're suppose to be here. You heard Ashley she said anytime we want we can come back," Trunks reasoned.

"But Trunks, your dad didn't want us to watch the cartoon."

"He didn't not want us to watch it, he just didn't have time yesterday," Trunks responded.

"Can I help you two?"

They looked up to see a guard staring at them from the both.

"Yeah, you can open the gate," Trunks said.

The guard smiled. "Hey you're the kids that were with that group yesterday, aren't you?"

"Yeah," Trunks said in a bored tone.

"Well I'm going to call someone to come meet you all right?"

"Whatever," Trunks said shrugging his shoulders.

Within five minutes, Ana appeared in front of them.

"Wow! How you do that?!" Goten exclaimed.

"Magic," Ana said with a smile. "If you came here to visit Brianna, you'll have to wait. She's having her lesson with her grandmother."

"That's okay we'll wait," Trunks said. "Do you mind if watch the shows while we wait?"

"Of course not. Take my hand and I will take you to the screening room."

Each boy grabbed one of Ana's hands and the three disappeared.

* * *

That darn Trunks, I tell you he can never stay out of trouble. Don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.