Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Show ❯ Part 1: Your past can bite ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragonball Z. I do own Magic.

AN: Thanks for the reviews.

* * *

"Boy Ashley this is great! It's even better than ChiChi's cooking," Goku said, his mouth full. When ChiChi threw him a glare he quickly added "almost".

"Thank you Goku. I take that as a great compliment," Ashley said as she sat down next to him.

Once everyone (with the exception of Piccolo and 18) had gotten a plate, they had unintentionally paired themselves off in groups. Each member was seating with her DBZ counterpart. None were more excited than Jasmine, who sat with Piccolo talking quietly. This was, after all, her first meeting with him.

Mona entered the room with a box in hand. "I have arrived! And I brought a friend," she announced looking down at her grandniece. "Say hello Bri."

Brianna waved shyly at the group of strangers then walked over to where the Z children were sitting with Daisy. "Hi" she said as she sat between Trunks and Goten.

Mona sat the box on a barstool and took out the first disc. "Here it is. The first episode of Dragonball. Are you guys ready?"

With a cheer of yes, Mona inserted the disc into the player, while someone in the back turned off the lights.

"Hey I can't see my plate!" Goku cried.

"Shhhhh!" came the general response.

The silly show got many laughs from the group as the memories came back to them.

"I'll give you the Dragonball if you show me your belly button," said Master Roshi in one particular scene.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow at the old man sitting next to Tina. "You gave her a Dragonball for a look her belly button. It must have been a long time, old man."

Master Roshi smiled at Vegeta. That's not how he remembered the scene, but at least this way he stayed off Vegeta's bad side. "Yeah, I guess it had been," he said smiling at Bulma. Bulma blushed remembering that she had showed a lot more than a belly button.

They watched much of the rest of the series in silence, with occasional burst of laughter along the way. After the last episode, the lights came on and Mona took the disc out of the player and placed it back in its case.

"So, what did you guys think?" Daisy asked from where she was sitting on the floor with the kids.

"It was so sweet! I'd forgotten all about that ridiculous bikini outfit I wore as I kid," ChiChi said.

"Wish we could," Yamacha said from his seat next to Tina and Roshi. ChiChi playfully threw her paper napkin at him.

Bulma nudged her husband with her shoulder. "So Vegeta, what did you think of the younger me?"

"Other than the fact that you appeared to be going through an ugly stage, nothing," he said he's face completely serious.

Bulma narrowed her eyes at him. "I'll have you know I never had an ugly stage in my life," she said heatedly.

Vegeta smirked. It was so easy to bait her.

"Aren't they cute?" Mona said to her husband.

This made Bulma smile and Vegeta frown.

"You shouldn't worry about if we're `cute' or not. Aren't you suppose to be changing the disc or something?" Vegeta asked.

"Oh yeah," Mona said going over to the box and get out the next few discs out.

"What's the next show about?" Gohan asked.

"It's a new series called Dragonball Z. The first saga is about when Radditz, Nappa, and Vegeta came to earth," Alisa supplied.

"Cool!" Bra exclaimed.

Bulma smiled. She was also looking forward to seeing this. She had missed the real action and it was neat to finally know what had happened. She looked at Vegeta to see if he was as excited as she and was surprised. She had never seen that look on he's face before. If she didn't know better she would have said it was pure, unadulterated fear. It almost scared her.

Vegeta, realizing she was watching him, quickly masked his face.

"I tire of this. Let's put the show away," he said standing.

"Ah, come on Vegeta. We have time for a few more episodes," Krillin said.

"This cartoon is a waste of my time. I want to see these training facilities you talked about," Vegeta said to Ashley.

Ashley, realizing something was wrong, nodded her head. "You're right Vegeta. We can finish this anytime."

Everyone threw Vegeta evil looks as they began gathering their stuff and throwing away their trash. Vegeta didn't seem to care as he left the room to wait in the hall. Bulma was about to follow him to see what his problem was when Bra stopped her.

"Mommy I lost my earring!" she wailed.

"It's okay sweetheart. Tell Trunks to help you find it," Bulma said distractedly looking towards the door.

"No mommy. You have to help me. Only you know how to find my lost stuff," she cried dramatically.

Bulma sighed. Her talk with Vegeta would just have to wait till tonight.

* * *

"…it has everything from climate control to gravity control. I'm sure you guys can get a lot out of this room."

As Ashley finished explaining the many functions of the training rooms, everyone nodded in agreement.

"When can we start using this room?" Goku asked just itching to try the room out.

"As soon as you want," Ashley said, "but it might be hard getting in here right now because we have a big tournament coming up so time slots fill up fast."

"Hey Ash, I just had a thought," Leaza said. "Do you remember the last conference meeting?"

"Yeah."

"Well do you remember who Mike said he wanted as a training partner?" she asked looking at Goku.

"That's a great idea!" Ashley exclaimed. She turned to the confused group. "Would you guys be interest in a little tournament?"

"Tournament?" Videl asked.

"Yeah. We could make up a bracket and everything. You all would be helping us get ready for the tournament. What do you say?" Ashley asked.

"Sure way not," Goku said.

"Great!" Ashley said with a huge smile. "Do you all want to start working in the room right now?"

"Maybe another time," Bulma quickly said. "It's getting late and I think its time one little girl went to bed," she said looking at her yawning daughter.

Everyone agreed to meet again on Thursday, when Magic had some more free time. Magic walked the Z crew to the front door, where Elton had already pulled their vehicle around.

Before walking out the door Trunks stopped in front of Ashley.

"Did you really mean it when you said we could come over anytime?" he asked.

"Of course I did," Ashley said with a smile.

He thought for a minute then nodded his head and walked out the door.

With finally good-byes the Z members loaded up and headed home.

* * *

"I really like Brianna. She's nice."

"I'm sure she is," Bulma said smiling as she tucked Bra in.

"I wish we could have seen the shows with daddy in them," she said yawning.

Bulma bit her lip then said, "Yeah me too."

She kissed her daughter's forehead, then turned off the lights and left the room. On her way down the hall she stopped in Trunks room to find her son all ready sleep. She kissed him too and tucked the blanket around his shoulders. She then closed the door behind her and headed towards her own room taking off her earrings as she went.

She entered her room to find that Vegeta had already showered and was ready for bed. She decided to tackle their little `chat' after she showered. When she reentered from the bathroom, Vegeta was just finishing his last set of push-ups. When he sat on the bed Bulma tried to broach the topic.

"What happened today, Vegeta?" she asked gently.

"Nothing," he said not even looking at her.

Bulma nodded her head sadly. It hurt her that he didn't trust her enough to tell her. "If it was nothing why couldn't you stay in the room."

"Drop it woman," he growled.

"I just want to help you," Bulma said.

"I don't want to talk about this," Vegeta said.

"Why don't you?"

"Why do you?" he countered while getting up and walking over to their dresser, bracing his hands on it.

Bulma sunk to the bed. "Please talk to me," she pleaded staring at his back.

She thought she would be ignored again when Vegeta sighed. He looked at a picture of his children that was sitting on the dresser.

"They don't know," he said quietly.

Bulma looked at the picture then shook her head. "I don't understand Vegeta."

Vegeta turned around. "The boy and the girl. They know nothing of my life before them. The things I've done. The lives I've destroyed. The pain I've caused. On several different occasions I've tried to murder the people they love the most. What will they say when they discover that their father came to this planet to destroy everything and being on it," he then looked directly into her eyes, "even their mother."

Bulma began chewing on her bottom lip. She had never thought about that before.

Vegeta seeing the indecision on her face smirked humorlessly. "Now woman, since you want to help so bad, tell me what I'm supposed to do when my children realize that I'm a monster."

"Oh, Vegeta," was all she could say.

* * *

I hope you liked this chapter. Please don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.