Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Show ❯ Part 1: The Explaination ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: DBZ and it's characters are the creation of Akira Toriyama. Only the members of Magic belong to me.

AN: I got in soooo much trouble this weekend that my mom is a saint to even let me on the computer. I won't go into what I did but believe me it was stupid. Thank you all for your reviews.

* * *

"And you say they could even replicate your ki's?"

Goku nodded his head at the old wise cat before him. He and Vegeta had risen early that morning and had already been to Dende's lookout. They told Dende, Piccolo and Mr. Popo of the strange occurrences of the day before. Dende was just as surprised to learn of this strange group of people and knew no more about how they knew so much than the Z warriors did. When they left to tell Korrin, Piccolo had gone with them, wanting to meet these members of `Magic' as they were called. They were now filling in a very interested Korrin and a very bored looking Yajarobe.

"These must be very powerful men you speak of," Korrin said thoughtfully.

Vegeta smirked, "I wouldn't say that."

"What do you mean, Vegeta?"

"He means that in the show there were no men. Just eight women," Goku said in amazement.

"That's very intriguing. I've heard rumors of such beings but I thought it was all fairy tales," Korrin said.

"That all good and all, but we didn't come here for your theories on these women. What we want to know is how they know what's been happening to us," Vegeta said.

"Yea. Most of the time the only people around was us. There's no way that strangers could know line for line what happened to us," Goku said logically.

"Not necessarily."

The three aliens all looked at the cat questioningly.

"You see there is a line by line record kept. A record of every word, action, and thought of every being under our guard."

"Kami, never knew of this record," Piccolo said, breaking his silence for the first time.

"Of course not, because these records have been the keeping of my family for as long as time and have been kept on this very lookout for just as long," Korrin said.

"Is it possible that someone got to these records?" Goku asked.

"I don't see how. No one comes here but you all and none of you knew about it."

It was at that moment that Vegeta noticed something moving out the corner of his eye. He turned his he head and saw Yajarobe easing his way out the room.

"Hold it right there fat boy," Vegeta said, drawing everyone's attention towards Korrin's overweight house mate.

"What?" he said trying to sound innocent.

"What do you know about this?" Piccolo asked through narrowed eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Yajarobe said defensively.

"You'd better talk butterball," Vegeta growled.

"Yajarobe," Goku said warningly.

Yajarobe looked around and saw that he had no choice but to tell the truth. Throwing his hands up in surrender, he sighed. "Fine I'll tell you. A couple of years ago, I went on vacation to this place called Las Vegas. It was a big gambling city and I was in heaven. Anyway I won big at all the little money games and decided to go looking for a bigger pot. I got a game with this young writer or something and I ended up losing my shirt to him. I had bet over my head so in order to pay him I offered him the rights to an action story that would make him big money. He excepted and so I gave him the first few chapters of monkey boy here's life. He liked it so I sold him the next few `sagas' as he called them, making myself a nice little nest egg in the process. After I got to the part about Buu, I started negotiating the sale of three years I had omitted for the original dialogue. It was some where around where the prince here and the blue hared banshee got together."

Vegeta sent him a dangerous look. Yajarobe cleared his throat. "Anyway, the jerk told me he didn't need the missing story line. Said that it was good for the viewers to have a little mystery. Then he told me he was ending series. Said that he had gotten all he wanted out of it."

Yajarobe grunted, "I could have made some good money on the market selling that time line. I promised that jerk that he'd need me again. He laughed and said he'd call me when he did." An evil smile came over Yajarobe's chubby features, "And just like told him he came crawling back. The fans of the show wanted more. He begged me for new story lines and I jacked the price up on him. I only had one problem. You guys weren't doing anything. You all were just sitting around enjoying your lives, not fighting `great evils' or anything. Yeah, you guys have gotten pretty pathetic. So I had to write something of my own. For a novice writer, I'd say I did pretty good."

Everyone stood silent. They knew Yajarobe was a jerk, but to do something like this…

"You sold our lives," Goku said in an angry whisper.

Yajarobe's eyes widened. He had never heard Goku this angry outside of battle. He nodded nervously.

"What was the man's name?" Goku demanded.

"Uh, uh, Ak- Akir- Akari-" Yajarobe stuttered nervously.

"Akira Toriyama," Vegeta supplied gruffly.

"Yeah that's it!" Yajarobe said.

Goku turned back to Korrin. "That's what Ashley said the creator's name was."

Korrin nodded his head. "I guess you have your answers now."

"Yeah I guess we do," Goku responded.

"You should probably be going then I can deal with Yajarobe," Korrin threw a look at the man behind him.

"Yeah we'll come back and let you know what happened with the episodes," Goku said following Vegeta and Piccolo, who had already taken to the air.

Korrin waved his friends off then turned to Yajarobe. "Looks like you and me have some things to discuss don't we?"

`Great,' Yajarobe thought, `I'm in trouble now.'

* * *

"I can't believe Yajarobe would do something like that," ChiChi said from the back seat.

"I can," Gohan said.

"What I can't believe is that there is a complete record of our lives. It's kind of creepy when you think about it," Bulma said from the driver's seat.

After Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo got back from Korrin's lookout, everyone had piled it the Capsule Corp. hovercraft and they were now on their way to Magic Mansion. As they reached the large gate surrounding the compound, Bulma lowered the craft till it was barely off the ground. She reached the little booth in front of the gate and rolled down the window.

"Hi!" she said to the security guard inside. "Can you let us in?"

The guard smirked. "Sorry but the tours are over for the day. If you want to tour the Mansion you'll have to come back tomorrow."

"But we're not-" Bulma started.

"Look lady, you heard me move along. We have some very important people coming here today so move it!" the guard barked.

"But we are those very important people," Bulma growled back.

"Oh yeah," the guard said sarcastically.

"Yeah!"

The guard grunted. "We'll just see about that," he said picking up the phone next to him.

Bulma sighed and sat back in her seat. She turned her head in the direction of the passenger seat to find Vegeta smirking.

"What do you find so funny?" she asked.

Vegeta shrugged his shoulders and turned back to the security booth.

After a few moments on the phone a very embarrassed guard came out the booth. "I'm so sorry about all this. I didn't know. You can go right in." Bulma threw him an `I told you so look' as she pulled through the gate.

They were all amazed at the beauty of the grounds. They had come through the back entrance the night before, so they had not seen the best parts of the compound. They reached the front stairs, where a man and a woman were standing. Bulma put the car in park and they all climbed out. The kids recognized the woman from the playroom the night before.

"I remember you!" Bra exclaimed.

The woman smiled at the darling little child. "And I you. It's nice to see you again." She then looked up at the adults. "Hello. I'm Ana."

Bulma smiled. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Bul-"

Ana held up a hand in silence. "I know who you are," she said with a smile and turned to the man next to her. "Elton, take Mrs. Briefs keys and place her vehicle in the garage."

Bulma turned over the keys.

"Now if you all will follow me, I will take you to the Mrs. Ashley," Ana said turning into the house.

They followed Ana down the elegantly decorated hall to two large doors. Ana pushed the doors open then stepped aside so they could enter before her. In the room there were several tables and at them set the members of Magic. They were all very intent on what they were doing as they quickly jotted something on a sheet of paper then moved on to the next one. It wasn't long before the Z family realized that they were signing photographs of themselves. They were so concentrated on it that no one talked and no one noticed that they had entered. Well, almost no one. Ashley looked up from the stack of autographed pictures in front of her and smiled at them. She stood up and walked over to them. For the first time they noticed how small she was. She couldn't be more than 5"2'. Funny, she had seemed larger than life the night before.

"I'm glad you all made it. Sorry I didn't meet you myself, but whenever we have a little time we try to catch on some of our autograph signing," she said motioning towards the busy group behind her.

"That's okay," Bulma said.

Ashley's smile widened. "I heard you had a little trouble with Ernie."

Bulma rolled her eyes and everyone else chuckled.

"Is he always so serious about his job?" Goku asked.

Ashley chuckled. "Yeah, he's new. The agency always sends us the trainees because this place really doesn't need protection."

About this time Mona finished with her stack of pictures and for the first time noticed the new arrivals. She hopped out her seat and walked over to the group. "You guys showed up!"

"Of course we did," Vegeta said irrtatedly.

Mona smiled. "This is great. Ashley, do you want me to run down to the Archive now?"

"Yeah, go ahead. Everyone should be done soon so meet us in the screening room. Just get Dragonball and the Saiyan and Freeza Sagas of Z. We probably won't get further than that today because I have some other things planned," Ashley instructed.

Mona nodded her head then left the room.

"What other things?" Piccolo asked.

Ashley smiled. "Well, I hope that we'll all become good friends and I always like for my friends to feel like this is a second home to them. I figured it might help if you all had a tour. I think you'll find our training facilities to be adequate."

"So that means we can come here anytime we want?" Trunks asked.

"Yep."

"Cool," Goten and Marron said at the same time.

By this time everyone had finished and Ashley suggested that they go to the screening room. They entered the room and were amazed at the large screen across the back wall of the room. In front of it were three rows of black leather chairs. Along the left wall was a `mini' bar. Across the bar was a spread of food that made not only the Saiyans in the room mouth's water.

"I thought you all would enjoy a few snacks while we viewed the tapes," Ashley said.

Goku and Gohan looked at each other with huge smiles. Oh, they were going to get along just fine with her.

* * *

You guys probably already figured this out but in this story (with the exception of the birth of Bra) the GT series is not real. It was a TV series but it did not happen in the lives of the characters. Next chapter: The Episodes! What will the reactions be? The drama beings. Please don't forget a to review. Thanks for reading.