Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth ❯ In Deep ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Oh, I still don't. Can I quit saying that now? The pain is becoming almost unbearable...sniffle, sniffle.
A/N: I honestly don't know what to say to everyone. I'm in awe of the kind and wonderful things you are all saying. There are two people I would like to mention in particular though. Jadedbest is one of my favorite authors, she knows that, and I truly appreciate what she has said, and the other person is Namek Kaia. It's because of NaK's review that you're all getting this update early. She knows I can't resist a hot Namek! Well, that and the fact that it's taking her forever to revise her story and she promised me a chappie in return for this. For the rest of you, I love you just as much as NaK and JB and though I may not call you by name, your praises mean just as much to me. Thank you all so very much. Oh, I baked some snicker doodles for everyone, so grab a few to eat while you read.
After retrieving a cola from a vending machine in the hall, the stranger returned to an empty room. They looked around for a moment before walking to a window and looking through it to pass the time. Below were men wearing white jumpsuits playing basketball, enjoying a much-needed smoke, or just standing around talking.
Trunks walked in and cleared his throat, startling his companion from their thoughts, who quickly turned around to face him. Trunks walked to their side and gazed out the window.
"See anything interesting out there?" he questioned.
"Not really. I just don't see how you could spend so much time here and still be sane," the person commented.
"Who says I'm sane?" Trunks joked, grinning widely.
His companion eyed him suspiciously. "I really hope you're kidding me."
Trunks laughed. "Of course I'm kidding! On a more serious note, I still have a lot left to tell you, so I suggest we take our seats and begin again." He turned, walked to his chair, and sat watching as the other person followed suite. "What do you want to know now?"
The person picked up the tape recorder and pressed the record button. "Just start with the next important event in your relationship."
"Sure, but that would be when we, you know, well, for the first time. You sure you want to hear about that day?"
Blushing, the visitor responded, "I want to hear everything important. Just please do me a favor and edit out the worst of it."
Trunks smiled. "No problem, I planned on doing that anyway. Those were special moments shared by the only woman I ever loved and myself. I plan on taking my side of those to my grave.
"Well, the first time," Trunks thought wistfully for a moment before continuing, "There was a company picnic that day. How I hated those. Needless to say, company outings were something my mother started and I was expected to carry through year after meaningless year. She always did have a flare for drama, a true socialite. I, on the other hand, have always been a bit more private. Of course, where Mother's company is concerned, Mother always won.
"As usual, I was the last person to show for the festivities, and I also planned to be the first to leave. As I walked up, a top executive said something I knew was coming, but didn't look forward to in the least. 'We've been waiting on you, Mr. Brief. A few, um, brief,' at that moment he laughed at what he thought was a clever pun, 'words please to get us started off right.' Of course I couldn't very well turn him down, so I agreed and after being shown to a microphone someone had conveniently set up for me, I said a few words and started the line for the food.
"While filling my plate with barbequed ribs, I noticed the person directly behind me had similar sized portions of everything in comparison to mine. As I looked from the plate to its owner, a pair of big brown eyes caught and captured me. It was Pan.
"I said a cordial greeting though all I wanted was to sweep her off her feet, into my arms, and kiss her like the glorious savior she was for me. That really was what she was to me. She had saved me from a lonely, meaningless existence filled with work instead of love. We finished stacking food on our overloaded plates and took them to a table set away from the others and talked, enjoying our semiprivate time together.
"I spent the rest of the day with Pan at her rightful place by my side. I talked to a few people I knew my mother would have considered important, bargained with a few possible new clients, and actually enjoyed it! I didn't realize how much I was enjoying myself until it was late in the evening.
"When evening came, someone started playing music and everyone danced the night away. I don't know if it was the beer, the beat of the music, or the intoxicating smell of her hair right beneath my nose as we slow danced, but whatever the reason, I don't remember much of the evening. We danced, and it was wonderful. Then the music was gone, along with the lights and the other people.
"Pan and I just laid back on a picnic table and watched the sky for shooting stars, while thanking our personal lucky ones for the person in our arms. We were so happy together. We had been a couple for one year, three months, fifteen days, and about twenty hours. It was really something special. It was not only my longest running relationship, but also my most passionate one and the longest without giving away our bodies.
"As I gazed at Scorpio, Pan turned in my arms and after kissing me, declared she wasn't going home, not that the concept was foreign by any means. Many nights of the past year, she had slept in my office so we could have as much time together as possible, but this time I had Capsule Corp to myself. Mom had drug Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa on a cruise, and Bra was staying with one of her many girl friends so they could stay up all night giggling, painting each other's nails, and drooling over boy band members," Trunks rolled his eyes at the memory.
"I knew there was no chance of being caught together, since everyone had left the day before and weren't scheduled back for at least two weeks, so I told Pan we could actually sleep together in a bed instead of being on that bloody couch or floor. She seemed very pleased and we soon decided to call it a night and went home.
"It was eerie in the huge, silent building, but Pan was definitely able to keep my mind off it. We popped some popcorn and went to my room to watch a movie. Admittedly, I gave in and agreed to watch some chick flick Pan picked from Bra's collection, and about twenty minutes into the film, I fell asleep holding Pan.
"I awoke to silence and someone placing light, teasing kisses on my neck. When I opened my eyes, I saw it was Pan and we were no longer cuddled in the same position we had been before I fell asleep. She had gotten out of my arms, rolled me over on my back, and was now sitting on top of me.
"When she noticed I was awake, Pan said she had figured that would do the trick, and then complained of boredom as she drew invisible pictures on my chest and stomach with her finger. I just grinned at her and asked if she had any ideas to help pass the time. It'll suffice to say she most certainly did and we spent quite a while battling boredom before succumbing to sleep.
"The next morning we both awoke around noon, in each others' arms with definite reminders of what had happened the night before. At first we were a little uncomfortable about the whole thing, but got over it surprisingly quickly.
"I really don't know what else to say about the incident, except it was great being with her like that, showing her how much I loved by giving her my body, heart, and soul. I did feel a bit like a thief though. I took from her something no one could ever give back. You see, I was her first. I did feel badly about it, but in a strange way, honored. She chose me for that gift. What I didn't feel was proud, like I now had bragging rights due to our interlude that night. Most guys would have, in fact I normally would have. I had in the past, but not with her. It was different, almost sacred in my sight.
"I guess that pretty much sums up everything I know to say about that. Any questions or requests about what you want to hear next?" Trunks asked.
The visitor shook their head, "That was rather, um, touching for want of a better word. I had no idea you could feel so deeply about it. She really must have been special to you."
"She was and still is very special to me and I feel as passionate about her as I did that night, just with added age, maturity, and experience," Trunks explained.
"I can't believe her not feeling the same toward you after what you just related. It's been a long time, but the feelings must still be there somewhere."
"You may very well be right, but don't hold your breath or bet the farm on it," Trunks replied.
"Don't say that. You have to be optimistic!"
Trunks snorted contempt. "You haven't heard the whole story yet and please take a good look around you at where I've been living for more than fifteen years and tell me how I'm supposed to remain optimistic!"
"Hmm," was the only reply offered from the other chair as Trunks's guest considered the facts.
"I'm sorry," Trunks apologized. "I didn't mean to go off like that. I guess I've just allowed myself to grow bitter over the whole thing. What would you like me to relate to you now?"
"Well, if nothing else big happened, I'd like to know about the act which landed you here, away from your family and friends, and her."
"No problem. I'll do my best." Trunks prepared for the next chapter in the epic saga, more like soap opera, he fondly referred to as his life.
"Things had once again been extremely hectic at work. Even though Pan was my personal assistant, we had barely seen one another, much less spoken, in almost a week. Honestly, I was to my breaking point when Mother informed me of an important convention I had to attend all the way in Switzerland.
"At first I was heartbroken, because I had looked forward to spending my weekend with Pan. Then I realized if the convention was important enough that the CEO had to go, it was definitely important enough for him to bring his personal assistant along to help. I realized the trip might be a blessing in disguise.
"I rushed to find Pan and tell her the good news so she could clear it with her father. She was ecstatic over the idea and called home immediately. Gohan was at first reluctant to agree, due to the fact she would have to miss a day or two of school, but he gave in after I talked to him, because I needed her help and it was a great opportunity. He knew he would never earn enough money to send her to Switzerland, especially during the peak of tourist season. It's a mean, but true statement.
"That evening I took Pan shopping for some winter attire and promised to pick her up early the next morning as I left her house. As promised, I arrived with the rising sun, and soon we were on a plane headed for the Alps.
"Pan was so excited about everything she saw, and her excitement rubbed off on me a bit, causing me to enjoy a situation I would have only endured without her. Everything from the planes themselves, to the languages the people around us were speaking, to the pure white snow outside, were fascinating to her, and I just couldn't be mad when she hit me with a snowball while I stood guarding our luggage, waiting for our limo.
"At the hotel, we had two suites reserved, but one remained empty as we much preferred to share mine. The three days we were there were long and monotonous, the nights, filled with the passion only two people finally free can truly know. We were finally together again without my mother's watchful eyes or the possibility of her father stopping by for a surprise visit, and we enjoyed every spare moment we had together.
"As with all good things, our trip finally drew to a close and we returned home. Had I known then what I know now, I would have never come back. I would have stayed in Switzerland. Ah, Switzerland, such fond memories, which cause me such pain. And before you even ask, no, I don't regret one moment of that trip, no matter the consequences.
"How was that?" Trunks inquired. "Did I thoroughly answer your questions, or do you want clarification on something?"
"Um, no, I think that is plenty. You've shared far more then I expected when I came today," the visitor reassured him. "What exactly were the consequences of your actions in Switzerland?"
Trunks looked around the room. "Simply put, this. I lost everything and everyone. Everything changed, and not for the better."
"What happened when you got home?"
"About three weeks later, Pan came to work late. When I asked why, she wrapped her arms around me, buried her face in my shirt, and began to cry."
"What was wrong with her?" the person asked.
Trunks sighed, "She was pregnant."
A/N: A cliffy and you still don't know to whom he's talking. I'm mean, and I know it. Well, you have several clues to the person's identity and by the end of the next chapter, you should be able to figure it out, but if not, you'll have to wait for the one after it. Well, since I was nice enough to update several days early and give you snicker doodles, you must all leave me glowing reviews! You should have known that was coming! Well, until next time when the consequences of Trunks and Pan's actions are revealed, Peace and Out.