Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't. You know I don't. Why ask?

AN: Okay kiddies. This is the second installment in the `Vegeta's Great Adventures' series. I got such a great response to the last one that I figured I had no choice but to write another one. This one is dedicated to Greybus. Thanks for the great idea. Now, on to the tale.

* * *

Bra excitedly put a red X through the last day on her calendar. Today, January 21, she was officially sixteen and a half years old. Now, most people didn't think of this as a special day, but for Bra this was the epitome of all days. This was the day she would finally be free, she would get the thing she had dreamed of all her life. She would get to go on her first date. Everything was planned. She had the guy (with a car might I add), the dress, and a perfectly free evening. And there was nothing her dad could do about it.

For as long as she could remember she had been interested in guys and they had been equally interested in her. But that was until they met her dad. Vegeta had successfully gotten rid of every guy who had ever even thought about taking her out. It just wasn't fair. Pan and Marron never had these problems with their dad's and neither of them wanted a boyfriend as bad as Bra did.

She went crying to her mother, telling her how awful Vegeta was being. She told her how Vegeta had said she couldn't have a mate until she was at least 28 and then when the time came he would pick her mate for her. `It is only customary that a princess of Vegetasei should have an arranged marriage' Vegeta had said. Bra had been so upset that Bulma had called a family meeting (which Trunks had chosen not to attend).

The debate had lasted late into the night. Vegeta had stuck by 28 and Bra (13 at the time) had wanted at the very least 14. When it seemed no end was in sight, Bulma had picked a age she liked. 16. Bra, seeing that that was the best she could do, had agreed with her mother, but Vegeta still wasn't happy. So, Bulma bumped the age up to 16 and a half, making it clear she would go no higher. Vegeta had reluctantly agreed.

Since that day Bra had been counting the days till she would finally get her wish.

"And now that day is finally here VJ!" she said to the birdcage sitting on her desk.

No, it wasn't the parrot we all know and love. `Little' Vegeta had died three years back, but he had left behind an offspring that Bra had named Vegeta Jr. in his memory.

Bra walked over to her vanity and ran a brush through her hair. Then she happily ran down stairs for breakfast.

* * *

"I'm so glad you decided to come home for the weekend, sweetheart," Bulma said as she placed cups of coffee before her husband and son.

Twenty-five year old Trunks smiled up at his mother. "Thanks mom."

"Do you think you'll be home for good anytime soon?" Bulma asked hopefully.

"I don't know mom. I think it may actually take me a whole year to get this degree," Trunks said.

"What do you need a Ph.D. for anyway. Aren't you suppose to run this stupid company one day?" his father asked.

"Yeah, but right now I don't have anything else to do. Anyway, you never know when you'll need a doctor in the family," he said, giving his father that smile that made all the girls at his school hearts stop.

Vegeta grunted and went back to his coffee. Trunks chuckled. As much as he loved being on his own, there was nothing like being home.

"Morning all!" said a singsong voice from the stairs.

Trunks watched as his sister descended the stairs. Some things, though, did change. Every time he came home his little sister looked older, prettier. She was one of the things he missed most about home.

"Mornin' brat," he said affectionately.

"Trunks! What are you doing here?" she asked excitedly as she kissed her brother's cheek.

"I came to see you of course," he said smiling as she sat across from him.

"Then you came for the right reason," Bra said smiling back.

Bulma smiled as she began sitting breakfast on the table. She loved how well her children got along.

"You seem to be in a very good mood this morning, girl," Vegeta said as he began piling food on his plate.

"And with good reason Daddy. Do you know what today is?" she said.

"Should I care?" Vegeta asked.

"Well if you don't care about my big date tonight, I guess not," Bra said nonchalantly.

Trunks and Bulma stopped serving themselves and looked at Vegeta. His eyes were wide with shock.

"You're not going anywhere tonight," he said firmly.

"Sorry daddy but we had a deal. Today I am sixteen and a half and tonight I receive my freedom." With a cocky smirk, Bra raised her orange juice glass in her father's direction and said, "Bon appiete, papa."

* * *

Well there was a little teaser from my newest fanfic. What do you guys think? Would you like me to continue? Let me know when you review. Thanks for reading.