Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You know the drill.

AN: I'm glad you guys liked my little teaser. I want to prewarn you readers that these chapters may not be as quick as the last story's chapters. I am currently working on another story, The Show (that's called shameless self-promotion), also. So you have been forewarned.

* * *

Bulma sat on the couch and watched her husband pace back and forth like a caged animal. Watching him, she was able to admire how sexy he was. She was about to tell him how good he looked but thought now was probably not the time. Since Bra's big announcement this morning, he had been thinking of ways to stop her date.

Suddenly Vegeta stop pacing and turned to Bulma as if an idea had just struck him.

"We can lock her in her room," he said.

"Vegeta, I don't think-" Bulma began.

"Your right," Vegeta cut her off, "she'd just break down the door. Okay how about we chain her to the bed then lock her in the room."

"But Vegeta-" Bulma tried again.

"Ah, be quiet woman. You're not helping." Vegeta walked over to the window and began stroking his chin in thought. "There must be some way to keep her here," he said to himself.

"Vegeta," Bulma said calmly.

"After all," Vegeta continued, either not hearing or choosing to ignore Bulma, "she's only half saiyan. I can simply overpower her."

"Vegeta," Bulma said, this time with more force.

"Or I could simply kill the boy," Vegeta thought out loud, weighing every option.

"VEGETA!"

"WHAT WOMAN! Can't you see I'm thinking?!"

Bulma, now calm since she had his attention, said, "Come here Vegeta."

Vegeta's frown deepened. `What is she up to?' When she motioned to him with her hand, he sighed and walked over to her. He stopped directly in front of her with his hands on his hips. Bulma gentle patted the spot next to her. Vegeta rolled his eyes and sat down next to her. `Great,' he thought, `now we're going to `chat'.'

"What?" he said looking at her expectantly.

"Do you think we've raised our daughter well?" she asked.

Vegeta's eyebrows raised in surprise. That was not what he had expected her to say.

"I would say so," he said in response.

"I mean do you think she's intelligent, brave, and strong," Bulma continued.

"Well of course. She is my daughter after all, but I don't see what any of this has to do with-" Vegeta said.

"Then don't you think it's time we let our little girl use what we've taught her. Vegeta our baby's growing up and there's nothing we can do to stop her."

Bulma place a finger on Vegeta's lips when he looked like he was about to protest that last comment.

"There's nothing we can do," she repeated. "What do you say we treat this date thing as a test, huh? Not only a test for Bra but a test for us as well. It will start getting us ready to let go of her, which is something that I think you will need some practice with. So Vegeta will you give this dating thing a chance. Not only for Bra, but for all of us."

Vegeta began slowly shaking his head. It didn't make sense. After 25 years, the woman chose now to start making sense.

After a long pause, Bulma lightly placed a hand on Vegeta's arm.

"Vegeta?"

"Fine. I'll let the girl have her date. But if the boy disgraces her in any way, I will kill him, no questions asked, deal?"

"Deal," Bulma said shaking her husband's hand.

* * *

Trunks bearly dodged the ki ball that came flying at his head. Just when he thought that he had caught his father's rhythm, Vegeta phased out and reappeared behind him, giving him a kick that brought Trunks to his knees. As Trunks tried to catch his breath, Vegeta prepared for his next attack. Trunks held up his hand in surrender just before Vegeta reached him. Vegeta retreated then garbed a towel off a near by rail.

"You're losing your touch boy," Vegeta said wiping the sweat off his face.

Trunks braced his back against the wall. He ran his fingers through his hair. "Well there isn't much competition for me at school."

"That's no excuse!" Vegeta snapped.

Trunks arched an eyebrow at his father's tone. It was true that Vegeta took training very seriously, but he usually had a better sense of humor when defeating his much younger opponent.

"She'll be just fine Dad," Trunks said.

"Oh, yeah. What do you know about it?" Vegeta said as he began taking the tape off his hands.

"Come on Dad it's just a date. Don't you remember any of your dates?"

Vegeta threw his son a glance over his shoulder. "What would I waste time wooing a woman for when all I what from her is her body?"

"Well…what about Mom?"

Vegeta didn't even look in Trunks direction. "I didn't need to `date' your mother."

Figuring he really didn't want to know what his father did need to do, Trunks decided to leave it at that. "Believe me Dad I know about dating and it's really no big deal."

Vegeta had made his way over to the control panel. He had been turning down the gravity when Trunks had spoken.

"Is that so? Well then why don't you tell me about some of your `great' adventures?" Vegeta said sarcastically.

Trunks leaned his head back against the wall and smiled. He could remember his first date all right. Lindsay Diaz. She had been a senior when he was a freshman. She had the most amazing body and every guy had wanted her. He remembered they had went to dinner, then a movie, and then…Miller's Peak. "We'd gone up there to `talk' she said," Trunks told his father. "Let's just say we didn't do much `talking' so to speak," Trunks shook his head with a smile as the memories continued to play back.

Vegeta looked at his son, his eyebrows raised.

"And this what happens on first dates?" he said.

Trunks looked at his father. "Well it's what happened on mine… and Goten's was similar so, I guess it's a pretty common date first date."

Vegeta shook his head. "And you and mother want me to send my daughter on one of these."

Trunks had never thought of it like that. He thought about some kid doing to his baby sister all the things he had done to Lindsay.

"Dad you can not let Bra go on that date!"

Vegeta nodded his head as he walked out the gravity room into the on coming darkness. Why had he listened to that damned woman? He had known he was right. He was always right. He was going to go upstairs and tell that girl she wasn't going anywhere. No little pervert was going to touch his daughter. He didn't care what he had told the woman, he still had time to stop this little `test'.

As he walked thinking of how to keep the girl in her room for the next ten years, he noticed a set of headlights pull into his driveway. `Damn it,' he thought as a figure hold a bouquet of flowers climbed out the car.

* * *

Hope you liked the first chapter. I thank you all for your support. Please don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.