Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Vegeta…*sighs wistfully*

AN: This one is for Susan and Sazza. Thanks for your reviews.

* * *

"Their beautiful! Isn't he sweet Momma?" Bra gushed.

Vegeta entered the house to the girl's excited voice.

"Yes he is. And handsome too," Bulma said smiling. The young man blushed at the motherly comment.

Bra smelled her flowers then looked up at her father. "Daddy! Come here I want you to meet my date," she said excitedly.

Vegeta walked over and looked at the young man. He was attractive (by human standards anyway) with brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing tan khaki pants and a neat red and white striped Polo shirt. He looked like an All-American high school athlete. The boy next door. But to Vegeta he was target practice.

"Daddy this is Danny and Danny this is my father, Vegeta," Bra said.

Danny politely extended his hand to Vegeta. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Briefs."

"No."

Danny's eyes widened. "I'm sorry sir?"

"It's not Mr. Briefs," he growled, "It's Vegeta, but you can stick with sir."

Danny gulped as he nodded his head.

"Da-ddy," Bra warned through clenched teeth. Vegeta grunted and crossed his arms.

Danny turned to Bra, trying to easy the tension in the room, and said, "You look wonderfully tonight."

Bra blushed and said a shy thank you.

Vegeta watched the scene and his rage grew. A small ki ball began forming in his hand as he watched the little hoodlum drool over his little girl.

Bulma looked away from the darling little scene and glanced at her husband. She saw the ki ball and lightly touched Vegeta's arm.

Vegeta looked at the woman. Her eyes were pleading with him to stay calm, to not ruin the moment. Vegeta growled as he walked over to the window and stared out it.

"So are you ready to go?" Danny asked anxiously.

"Yeah all ready!" Bra said excitedly.

"Aren't you forgetting something sweetheart?" Bulma said.

"I don't think-" Bra started then remembered, "oh, yeah, my jacket. Mom, will you come help me find it? I'll be right back Danny!" she said as she and Bulma headed upstairs.

Danny stood nervously looking at Vegeta's back. He cleared his throat and attempted conversation. "You have a nice home Mr.- I mean sir."

Vegeta didn't response at first. Then he turned and looked at Danny. The look on he's face caused a deep fear in the pit of Danny's stomach.

Vegeta began slowly advancing on the boy and Danny began backing up. Every step Vegeta took closer, Danny took one back. They continued this until Danny backed into something. Danny turned around to find himself staring at a very broad chest. He backed up a step to get a better look at the lavender hared man standing before him.

Danny cleared his throat and said, "Hello."

Trunks frown deepened as he looked down at the boy. "Hi," he said in a flat tone.

Danny nervously extended his hand to Trunks. "I'm Danny."

Trunks just looked at his hand. "Trunks."

Danny put his hand down then said, "Well…it's nice to meet you.'

"I wish could say the same," said a gruff voice behind him.

Danny turned slightly so he could see both men. He didn't know what to do. The parents of the girls he usually dated always loved him right away. He decided to try and get on their good sides.

"Sir, I want you to know that I will do all I can to show Bra a good time tonight."

"What exactly do you mean by a `good time'?" Trunks asked defensively.

Danny cleared his throat and began backpedaling. "What I mean is I'll make sure she is entertained."

Vegeta stepped closer and stuck his finger in Danny's chest. "Now listen here boy," he said, "you make sure you keep your hands and all your other appendages away from my little girl. If I find out that you laid one finger on my daughter, I'll personally rip each finger on your right hand out of its socket. Then I'll give your left hand to my son."

Danny gulped as he looked at the young man beside him. He looked as though he had a similar plan for his left hand.

"Am I understood?" Vegeta asked.

Danny quickly nodded his head.

"Now," Vegeta said, "I demand to know where you are taking my child."

Danny tried to clear his mind and give an answer. "Uh, I…um…what I mean is I'm taking her to dinner and …ahem…a movie."

Vegeta raised an expectant eyebrow.

"Sir," Danny quickly added.

"Where?" Vegeta demanded.

"Fenilli's, sir."

"Which is?" Trunks asked.

"Uh, on 51st and Yale," Danny stuttered.

"Okay I'm ready!"

All three men looked at the stairs as Bra and Bulma came back down. Vegeta and Trunks slowly back away from the sweating boy.

"I'm sorry it took so long, Danny. I hope my dad and brother haven't been giving you a hard time," Bra said as she reached her date.

"No we were just having some guy talk," Trunks said as he gave Danny a pat on the back that sent him stumbling forward.

Bulma threw him an angry glance. The look Trunks gave her was of pure innocence.

"Well you two better get going," Bulma said.

"Okay," Bra said. She walked over to her parents and then her brother and kissed each. "See ya, and don't wait up," she said as a very relieve Danny lead her out the door.

When the door shut, Bulma looked at her husband, "I have some things to finish up in the lab. Then I'll fix dinner." She kissed he's cheek then headed for the lab.

As soon as she was out of sight, Trunks walked over to his father.

"Dad, what are we going to do? I didn't buy that kid's homey act for a minute," Trunks said.

"Neither did I, but don't worry I have everything under control," Vegeta said.

"You have a plan?" Trunks asked.

Vegeta held up his hand to silence Trunks as Bulma reentered the room.

"I think I left a file in here," she said as she started looking.

Vegeta nodded his head at Trunks, in answer to his question, then motioned towards the stairs. Trunks nodded his head then headed up the stairs.

"Ah, here it is!" Bulma said picking the folder up off the table. She started looking through it as she started back towards the lab.

"Dress yourself, woman," Vegeta demanded.

Bulma looked up at him with a confused look. "What?"

"I'm taking you to dinner so go and ready yourself," he said.

Bulma's eyes widened in shock. Vegeta never did such romantic things. "Are you serious, Vegeta?"

"Of course. The boy just told me about a restaurant called Fenilli's. I want to see what all his talk is about. Now go and make it quick."

Bulma smiled and ran over to her husband. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him soundly on the mouth.

"I'll be ready in 15 minutes," she said then ran up stairs.

Vegeta smirked. He would let the girl have her date, she just wouldn't have it without him. On that thought, he went to a guestroom to shower and change.

* * *

Okay guys it's time to review. Like it? Don't? Let me know. There's nothing I love more than reading reviews. Thanks for reading.