Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I had the dragonballs I'd wish for…*taps chin as if thinking really hard*… Vegeta! (and the rest Dragonball Z)

AN: You like it! You really, really like it! ^_^ Okay this one is for Christabeleve, Firaga, and Jessbear. Thanks for the reviews. I love all you guys!

* * *

Vegeta looked himself over in the full-length mirror. He looked over his black dress slacks and black button up dress shirt. He left the top button open. `Vegeta you are one sexy bitch,' he thought to himself. Before leaving the room he slipped the cell phone that had been a Christmas gift three years ago from the woman, into his pocket. He had never used it figuring it was a waste since he didn't know anyone that he liked talking to, but he figured it might come to some use tonight. He walked down the hall to the boy's room. He enter (without knocking of course) to find Trunks sprawled across his bed with headphones on. He stood in the doorway until Trunks opened his eyes and noticed him. Trunks took off the headset and looked at his father expectantly.

"I'm taking your mother to dinner," Vegeta stated calmly.

Trunks' eyes widened in surprise.

"To Fenilli's," Vegeta finished.

Trunks smiled. "And they say mom's the genius in the family," Trunks said in admiration.

"That's why you shouldn't listen to rumors, boy," Vegeta said with a smirk, then his face turned serious again. "I want you to be near the phone at all times. When the woman finds out why we're there, I may need a change of partners. So be on alert."

"Will do," Trunks said.

"Will do what?" Bulma asked as she slipped an arm around husband's waist.

"Will do…" Trunks started

"…a new kata I taught him today," Vegeta finished.

"Oh …well, good luck, I guess," she said with a smile. She then looked at her husband. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes."

"Trunks did you know your father is taking me to dinner? Isn't that sweet of him?" Bulma said not taking her eyes off her husband.

"Yeah its great mom," Trunks said with a small smile. He kind of felt sorry for his mom, she was so excited about this 'date'. His dad was going be in big trouble when she found out what it was really about.

"Let's go," Vegeta said uneasily. He too was feeling a little bad about tricking Bulma. But only a little.

* * *

"Reservation for Palmer please."

Bra looked around the restaurant as Danny took care of the seating arrangements. `This is a nice place,' Bra thought. She remembered how a lot of her friends talking about going to a burger joint for their first date. `Looks like I really know how to pick `em,' she thought with a smile.

"What's so funny?" Danny asked as he walked up and stood next to her.

"I was just thinking how glad I am that you asked me out," she said as she smiled up at him. He smiled back.

"This way," the waiter said.

They were led to a table that had a nice view of the dance floor and the city out the large bay window. Danny helped her out of her coat and pulled out her chair. When they were both seated and the waiter had taken their drink orders, Danny picked up where they had left off.

"You know I almost didn't," he said.

"Why not?" Bra asked.

"Well, when I first came to Orange Star High there was a lot of rumors about you," Danny answered.

Bra paled. "About me?"

"Not really about you," he said quickly trying to reassure her. "They were more about your dad."

"What about my dad?"

"About how guys who even looked at you came up missing."

"They really said things like that," Bra asked amazed.

"Yeah."

"Then way did you ask me?"

"Well I figured that if your father was willing to commit murder over you, you must be something special. Anyway, a girl as beautiful as yourself is hard to over look."

Bra blushed.

"Now that's a pretty sight," Danny said enjoying the blush.

"You're a real sweet talker," Bra said, smiling.

"That's what they say," Danny teased.

"Well you don't have to worry about my dad. He talks big, but his really an old softy," Bra said.

Danny arched his eyebrow. Were they talking about the same guy that threaten rip out his fingers? "Speaking of your dad, has he and your brother always been so…militia?"

"Dad? Yeah, he's pretty much always like that. I always thought he'd make a great general, because he's got that whole ridge, military guy thing going plus he likes to tell people what to do. But Trunks? Trunks is the exact opposite of dad. People always say that Trunks is more like my mom, only quieter. He's easy going and affectionate. I miss him so much when his at school."

Danny smiled as he watched her chat so happily about her family. After a moment she stopped.

"I'm sorry. I'm talking way too much. I'm sure the last thing you want to talk about is my family," Bra said.

"Don't apologize. There's nothing wrong with loving your family. I was enjoying listening to you. But you are right about one thing, I would much rather talk about you."

Bra smiled. `This guy is a dream,' she thought.

* * *

"Vegeta this place is great! Are you sure you can get us a table on such short notice?" Bulma said in awe.

"Of course. Stay here while I talk to that man," Vegeta said. What he didn't tell her was that he had called after his shower and (though it hurt his pride) dropped the Briefs name to secure them a table. Beginning married to the city richest woman had it benefits.

After the waiter seated them at their table and served their drinks, Bulma looked across the table at her husband.

"So Vegeta, what brought all this on?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?" Vegeta asked as he scanned the room looking for Bra.

"This," she said motioning around the room. "What suddenly made you want to take me out to dinner or anywhere else for that matter?"

"You have a suspicious mind woman. Why can't I just want to take my mate out for the night? Or maybe I'm just tired of that shit you call cooking!"

Bulma's eyes narrowed suspiciously. He was way too upset for someone without an ulterior motive. "Okay Vegeta, what the hell are you up to?"

Vegeta, realizing his mistake, cleared his throat and tried to recover some of the ground he just lost. "I assure you that the only reason I brought you here is because I wanted to share a meal with you away from the boy."

Bulma's features softened as she relaxed in her chair. "Really?" she asked.

"Really," Vegeta affimed.

Bulma smiled and opened her menu. 'He can be so sweet when he wants to,' she thought.

Vegeta smirk. 'And she's suppose to be the genius,' he thought.

Vegeta pertended to look over his menu as he started scanning the room again. He spotted them in less than a minute. They were near a large window. The boy was staring leeringly at Bra. Vegeta could almost see the drool running out the boy's mouth. The boy said something and the girl laughed, then the girl picked up a piece of meat with her fork and offered it to the pervert. Vegeta shook his head in disgust. How was his daughter suppose to be properly feed if that scum sucking human was taking her food?

"...Classico. What are you going to have?"

Vegeta blinked and looked at the woman. "What?"

Bulma sighed. "I said I'm having the Lasgne Classico. What are you having?"

"I don't care. One of everything I guess," he said. He looked back at the table. The young couple were heading for the dance floor. 'Damn it,' he thought. There was no way the boy was going to keep his hands of his daughter now. 'There must be something I can do,' he thought.

Bulma sighed. She was getting really pissed. She had been calling Vegeta's name for the last minute and he wasn't answering. He had been somewhere else since they got here, but he said he didn't have another reason. But she just couldn't shake the feeling that...

"Vegeta," she said again.

"What?" he said, hearing her for the first time.

"I'm going to the restroom. I'll be right back," she said, getting up.

Vegeta distractantly nodded his head.

When Bulma was gone, Vegeta turned back to the, now, dancing couple. He watched in disgust as the little bastard wrapped his arms around Bra. His hands were way too close to her butt as far as Vegeta was concerned. Just then a waiter with a tray of glasses walked by. An idea came to the prince. When the waiter walked by again Vegeta stopped him.

"Come here boy," he called. The young man stopped.

"Can I help you sir?"

"Do you want to make some money?" Vegeta asked.

Boy's eyes lit up. "What can I do for you?" he said, wanting to make a few extra bucks.

"Do you see that girl with the blue hair on the dance floor?"

Did he see her! He had been eyeing her all night. She was a real piece of work as far as he was concerned. "Yes sir. I see her," he said.

"I want you to take this," he said reaching for his glass of red wine, "and 'accidently' dump it on that pest she's with."

The boy's eyes widened. "Are you serious sir?"

"Very. Now do you want the money or not?" The boy nodded his head. "Then go and make it quick."

'That should put a damper on the mood,' Vegeta thought with an evil grin.

* * *

'I think I'm in heaven. And the nights' just begining.' Bra thought as she swayed in Danny's arms.

"What time does the movie start?" she asked looking up at her date.

"7:45."

"Why so early?"

"Because I may have plans for us later," Danny said mysteriously.

"Really?" Bra asked.

"Really," Danny answered as he spun her out. Just as he did a young waiter, with a tray holding only one glass of red wine, tripped directly in front of Danny, causing the red liquid to spill all over the front of his shirt.

"What the..?" Danny cried.

"I'm so sorry sir," the waiter apologized as he pulled out a napkin and started trying to dab at the stain.

Bra angrily snatched the the napkin. "Well you should watch what your doing next time," she said as she tried to clean up the stain. The waiter apologized again and then hurried away.

"I don't think its goin' come out," Bra said after a moment.

"It's okay," Danny said. "I think I have another shirt in the car. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," Bra said. They headed back to their table to collect their things.

* * *

*MOMENTS EARLIER*

Bulma exited the restroom after giving her hair one last fluff. Just she left the bathroom she noticed a comotion on the dance floor. It looked as if someone had spilled something. A young couple seemed to be the center of all the comotion. The boy and the blue hared gir- wait. Blue hared girl. Bulma gave the girl another look and saw that she wasn't mistaken. That was her daughter! But Vegeta wouldn't dare-. She looked back at their table and saw Vegeta smiling evilly at the dance floor.

'That bastard!' she thought as she made her way over to her table.

* * *

Vegeta watched the unfolding scene with glee (or as close as he could come to it). He was so pleased with himself that he never noticed the woman walk up.

"You son of a bitch!"

Startled, Vegeta looked at his mate. It wasn't the first time he had been called that and it definately wasn't a first (or last) coming from her, but he hadn't been expecting it tonight.

"Is there some thing wrong woman?"

"You lied to me!" she raged.

"I did no such thing."

"I just saw Bra, Vegeta," she said as if that would explain everything. When he didn't answer she continueed. "You said the only reason you brought me here was because you wanted time with me. You didn't say you were also spying on our daughter."

"I said that I wanted dinner away from the boy. I said nothing about the girl," Vegeta stated.

Bulma shook her head in amazment. "You are un- fucking- believable," she said as she began gathering her things.

"What are you doing?" Vegeta asked.

"I'm going home and it would be best if you didn't follow me right now." Coat and purse in hand, Bulma turned and left the restaurant.

Vegeta looked around to see if the girl had noticed her mother's little tanturm, but she and her clown of a date were no where to be found. 'They must have left,' he thought. He reached in his pocket and pulled out the phone he had placed there earily. After several attempts he finally figured out how to use the damn thing then dailed the boy's room number.

Trunks answered on the first ring. "Hello."

"Meet me outside of Fenilli's in 5 minutes," Vegeta said.

"I'm on my way," came Trunks' answer before he hung up.

* * *

REVIEW TIME! Let me know if you liked this chapter. I love hearing from you guys. Thanks for reading.