Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Shopping Adventure ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Read last one.

AN: This chapter is for Susan, Angelryodo, Kahlan Nightwing, and Psyfire. Thanks for the reviews.

* * *

"Bulma this is a really great idea. I can't believe we didn't think of it sooner."

Bulma smiled at ChiChi as she carried two huge serving plates of sandwiches to the table. ChiChi did the same. After her and Vegeta's little talk she had call ChiChi and gotten her to join the uprising. Within three minutes of the phone call ChiChi and a very pitiful looking Goku and Goten were standing in her living room by way of instant transmission.

"I know. We're both smart, beautiful, independent women. There is no reason why two grown men should be allowed to mooch off of us without at least doing a little shopping now and then."

"Right. I don't care how hard they train or how many times they save the world, they should still find time to pitch in."

Goku and Goten listened from their spots on the couch. They looked at each other and shook their heads before turning their eyes back to the floor, both thinking the same thing. A whole day with Vegeta. The horror.

Goku sighed. He always tried to give everyone a fair shot but Vegeta was really starting to get on his last nerve. Lately it seemed that every time he got in trouble with ChiChi it was some how connected to Vegeta pissing Bulma off. You'd think the guy would try and be nice just for everyone else's sake. Then again he was talking about Vegeta here.

"Goten?"

Goten looked at the kitchen. "Yes Bulma?"

"Run up stairs and tell Trunks and Bra to come downstairs for lunch. And tell Trunks to tell Vegeta to hurry up so he can eat before you guys go."

"Yes Bulma," he pouted as he got up. Just as he reached the stairs, something went flying past him making him fall flat on his butt. The thing attacked Bulma by attaching itself to her legs and knocking her against the stove with the impact. When she regained her footing, Bulma looked down at the purple head.

"Trunks! What in the wor-"

"Mom! You can't-I mean can not do this to me! Please mom. Make Bra go!" he pleaded.

Bra, who had just reached the bottom step, eyes became little round blue discs of horror. "Mommy no!" she said as if Bulma were a naughty child.

"Pleaseeee mom!" Trunks begged.

"Trunks please-" Bulma started as she tried to peal the boy from her legs. Half-breed or not, that Saiyan grip was a bitch. "Trunks stop this. Your father picked you so there's nothing I can do."

"Can't you make him go by himself?" Trunks tried in desperation.

Bulma tried in vain to pull Trunks off her. Her legs were starting to go numb from lack of blood flow. "But Trunks it wouldn't so bad. Goten's going too."

Trunks grip loosened as he looked up at her. "Goten?"

Bulma nodded, as she was able to finally get her legs free. Trunks turned and looked at his friend who was just now getting up from the floor.

"Trunks, sweetheart, I need you to go and watch out for dad. He can't do it without you," Bulma said making it sound like the most important job in the world.

Trunks turned and narrowed his eyes at his mother. He knew a sucker line when he heard one. "But mom-"

"Trunks you have no choice, got it," Bulma said getting firm.

"Damn it," he muttered.

"What did you say?"

"I said sure mom I'd be happy to take dad shopping."

"That's what I thought you said," Bulma said. "Now sit down and eat."

"He doesn't have time to eat."

All eyes turned to the stairwell as the prince, dressed in blue jeans and a white T-shirt, entered. "He has to go shopping," he said the last word as if it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Bulma ignored his snotty attitude and smiled. "Well then you two can just get the boys something while you're out."

Vegeta's scowl deepened. "Two?"

Bulma nodded and motioned towards the other Saiyan.

"Kakarot!" Vegeta growled.

"Hi Vegeta," Goku said waving slightly.

"Woman I am not-" Vegeta he started.

"There's no need telling me what you're not going to do Vegeta. You might as well just get it over with."

Vegeta growled and barred his teeth. `Why?' it was all he could think.

He started out the door without another word, but Bulma stopped him.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"I have the damn list woman," he said not turning around.

"No, I meant the car keys."

"What the hell would I need those for?"

"Because we don't want you boys making a scene downtown so you will drive and not fly."

Goku, feeling the sudden rise in Vegeta's ki, chose now to speak up. "Let's just go Vegeta. Soon we go, the sooner we get back."

Vegeta grounded his teeth together then continued out the door, picking up the spare car keys on the door ring on his way out. Goku followed with the two miserable boys.

"Well ladies," Bulma said turning to her daughter and best friend, "what should we do today?"

"Let's visit Panny!" Bra said excitedly.

"What do you say Chi? Up to visiting Gohan and Videl?" Bulma asked.

ChiChi nodded eagerly. "It'll be refreshing to see a Saiyan with a job."

Both ladies laughed as they got up to put away the uneaten lunch before they left.

* * *

I'm sorry about the late update. Next chapter will be up quicker. Next episode: The Drug Store and all the wonderful adventures it has to offer our heroes. Don't forget to review. The more I get the faster I update. Thanks for reading.