Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Shopping Adventure ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own some videos. Does that count?

AN: Okay now the adventure finally begins.

* * *

There was total silence as the black BMW sped down the road. The two young teens slumped in the back seat, matching frowns on their faces. Goku stared out the window. And our hero gripped the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles had turned white. He had said it before and he would say it again. He hated his life. How had he ended up with the only being in the universe that could make him do something he didn't want to do. This was all Kakarot's fault. If the idiot hadn't such a weakling at birth he wouldn't have been sent to this planet and he would have had to come here looking for him. Then he wouldn't have met that wretched woman and his life would still be perfect.

He released the steering wheel and punched the arm of the moron sitting next to him.

"Ouch! What did you do that for, Vegeta?" Goku asked rubbing his arm.

"Because you are a fool," was his only response.

Goku frowned then shook his head. "Where are we going first?" he asked.

"I gave the list to the boy."

Goku turned around and looked at Trunks. "Where to Trunks?"

Trunks reached into his pocket and pulled out the folded sheet of paper. He opened it and quickly looked over the list. "Uhm…the drugstore."

Goku scratched the side of his head. "Funny, ChiChi didn't give me a list."

"That's because she thought you'd lose it. She gave it to me," Goten said.

"Oh. Well is the drugstore on our list too."

"Yep."

"Great then to the drugstore we go," Goku said happily trying to lighten the mood. The grunts he got in response let him know he had failed.

* * *

The foursome entered the store and looked around with lost looks on their faces.

Vegeta, arms crossed, looked down at his son. "What's on the list?"

"Uhm…it says to `pick up prescription under the name Bulma Briefs'," he read.

"What about us, Goten?" Goku asked.

" Let's see…`pick up 24 pack of Tampax.'" Goten frowned and looked at his father. "Tampax?"

Goku looked at Vegeta, who looked at Trunks, who in turn shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, she put that it's on aisle three," Goten said.

"Fine. You two idiots go get this Tam- whatever and the boy and I will go to the pharmacy. We'll meet you out front in fifteen minutes. If you're late I'll leave you." Vegeta headed for the back of the store.

* * *

"Aisle Three! Well here we are," Goku announced.

He and Goten walked down the aisle looking at the array of feminine hygiene products that were so foreign to them.

"Hey dad?"

"Huh?"

"Who is Summer and why does she have her own evening?"

"What do you mean?"

Goten pointed at a box sitting on the shelf. Sure enough in big letters the box said Summer's Eve. The lady on the cover was walking across a beach, her hair and dress bellowing in the wind.

"I don't know Goten, but she sure is pretty. Maybe her husband gave it to her."

"Oh."

They continued down the aisle in search of the elusive Tampax. Goku stopped and picked up a small thin box. " `Vagsil Yeast Infection Crème,'" he read. "Goten, I think she sent us to the wrong aisle. I think we're in the bread section-"

"No dad, I found it!"

Goku walked down the aisle to where Goten was staring at several boxes.

"Well there they are," Goku said.

"Yep," Goten answered.

They stood in silence for a moment just looking at all the choice. A woman walked by and shook her head at them murmuring `perverts' as she continued on.

"Okay dad, which ones do we get?" Goten finally asked.

"I'm not sure. There's a lot to choose from."

"Let's see," Goten said taking charge of the situation. "We can get Light days, Medium days, Heavy days or Overnights. Which one is mom?"

"Well," Goku said scratching the top of his. "I've picked your mom up a lot of times and I'd say she's pretty light."

"Okay so we get Lights. I think we should get half days and half overnights. That way she has a choice," Goten said logically.

"Good thinking, Goten. Now how many do we need?"

Goten looked at the list. "Uhm…this says 24 packs."

"Okay you grab…" he stopped to count on his fingers.

"Twelve dad," Goten offered.

"Uh… yeah twelve! You grab twelve overnights and I'll get twelve days."

They nodded in agreement and began gathering their boxes.

* * *

MEANWHILE…

Vegeta tapped his foot impatiently. They had only been in line for two minutes but to Vegeta it seemed like an hour.

I wish this old hag would hurry up. I don't have time for this, he thought.

"Thank you very much, young man," said the frail voice.

The kid behind the counter just nodded his head. The woman slowly turned around with the use of a cane. Vegeta had the strong urge to push her out of the way but the woman keep nagging at him about something called social etiquette and he was sure that it's laws didn't allow for pushing down old ladies.

When she had finally made her full circle she stopped and smiled at them. "Well hello," she smiled.

"Hi," Trunks said.

"Aren't you cute!" she said reaching out to pinch his cheek.

"Thank you," he said through gritted teeth as her old wrinkly hand tugged at his cheek.

"Here," she said reaching into her purse. Her hand shook as she very slowly searched through her bag. Vegeta rolled his eyes skyward. Why doesn't she just die already, he thought.

Finally she found what she was looking for. She grabbed Trunks hand and placed the small piece of hard candy in his hand. "There you are."

"Uh, thanks," Trunks said.

The old woman smiled and patted his cheek then went about her way.

"Finally," Vegeta said as he walked up to the counter.

"Can I help you?" the teen said in a bored voice.

"Prescription for Bulma Briefs," Vegeta demanded.

The kid sighed as if he was being greatly inconvenienced. He typed Bulma's name into the computer then smirk. "All right, Bulma. I'll be right with your birth control prescription."

Both Trunks and Vegeta's eyes went wide as they looked at each other. Birth Control!!! How could she send him to pick up such a thing?

Having filled the prescription the kid walked back to the counter and sat the container on it. "So," he asked with a smirk, "do they work?"

Vegeta narrowed his eyes. "I don't know," he glanced at the fourteen year old standing next to him then back at the young pharmacist, "you tell me."

The kid turned to his register and mumbled, "Some guys are soooo whipped."

Vegeta frowned and looked at Trunks, "What does this mean: `whipped'?"

Trunks thought carefully here. He could either keep the peace and make up something that wouldn't piss his dad off. OR…he could get some fun out this trip by telling him the truth.

We all know what he chose.

"It means you're a chump. Anything that Mom tells you to do you it like a punk. He's pretty much calling you a wimp, Dad. A wimp to a human. A wimp to a human woman." He figured the last two lines gave it a nice touch.

Vegeta's eyes turned to fire as he looked at the cashier who had just came back to the counter.

"Okay madam- I mean sir. That's going to be $20-"

His statement was cut short as he was snatched over the counter by his shirt.

"I'll show you whipped," Vegeta growled just before slapped the kid across the face rendering him unconscious. He then dropped the boy on the floor. Sanity came back to him when he heard his son laughter from behind him. Now that his head was clearer he realized that his son had just played him like a fiddle for his own entertainment.

"That was bad, boy," he said. Personally he thought it was pretty funny that the kid had gotten what he deserved, but being the excellent parent he was he couldn't condone such behavior.

Trunks unsuccessfully tried to cover his smile. "I'm sorry dad," he said.

Vegeta turned and grabbed the offending prescription and handed it to Trunks. "Here take this."

Trunks held it between his forefinger and thumb as if it was dirty.

"Let's go. That idiot Kakarot better be ready."

They walked to the front of the store and out the exit. Goku and Goten were standing on the sidewalk with two bags each.

"Hey Vegeta! We're over here!" Goku said.

"No. Really?" the prince said his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Did you guys get everything on your list?" Goten asked.

"Yeah we got the stupid-" Trunks started

"Yes we got everything," Vegeta intrupted. He didn't want anyone -especially Kakarot- to know he had been buying…that.

"Well we got the Tampax so we can go now," Goku announced loudly, causing several passers-by to stare.

"Fine," Vegeta said. They headed back to their car to continue the adventure.

* * *

What did you guys think? Please don't forget to review. Thanks for reading.