Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Shopping Adventure ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: ^_~

AN: Okay this chapter is for one Susan (guess you read my mind) because…well it was her idea and second for Kandy who asked me to update quickly and I took like a month. I'm soooo sorry!! If you want someone to blame, blame Kahlan Nightwing for updated three great stories at the same time, which distracted me from my on fics until I reviewed them. lol. J/K. Okay, on to the fic.

* * *

Grunts and groans from the back seat caused Goku to turn around.

"Hey what's the problem guys?"

"Goten won't get all his freakin' sacks off of me," Trunks complained.

"There's not enough room back here. The Tampax are taking up all the space," Goten whined.

"Well Trunks can't you hold one of the bags until we can move them to the trunk?" Goku offered in compromise.

"Oh no you don't Kakarot!"

Goku glanced at the driver seat. "Oh no I don't what?"

"There is no way I'm going to allow my son to do such subservient acts for the likes of you. You and your brat bought them so you hold them," Vegeta growled looking at the road.

Goku sighed. "Fine. Goten hand me two of the sacks until our next stop." After Goten happily turned over two of the sacks Goku looked at the driver's seat. "You know what, Vegeta? Sometimes you really-"

"Sometimes I really what?" the prince challenged throwing him a narrowed glance.

Goku, sensing that the Saiyan was looking for a fight, backed down. "Oh never mind."

The two boys sighed in relief, happy that one of their fathers had decided to be an adult about the situation.

Just then N'Sync's Pop came on the radio.

"Hey! I love this song!" Goku exclaimed as he reached down to turn the music up.

Much to everyone's chagrin, he began singing along to the music loudly. Very loudly.

Suddenly he realized that Justin was no longer singing with him. He looked at Vegeta accusingly.

"Hey! Did you turn that off?"

"Never will you play that shit in my car again," Vegeta said looking at the road.

Goku sighed. Deciding to get back to business he said over his shoulder, "Where to next boys?"

Goten shifted a few sacks reached into his pocket and pulled out the small sheet. Peeping over the sacks he read, "All that's left for us is the supermarket."

"Well," Trunks spoke up, "We still have the post office and…" he stopped in horror as he glanced over the paper. Realizing that nothing would stop the coming explosion, he read the rest. "…and Wal-mart."

When his face smashed into the windshield, Goku began to suspect that Vegeta didn't like Wal-mart very much.

Vegeta put the car in park and crossed his arms across his chest. Since he was in the fast lane of downtown traffic he received many angry honks and dirty looks as the motorist went around him. Vegeta being Vegeta couldn't have cared less.

Goku rubbed his head. "Ouch! What did you stop like that for Vegeta?!"

"I'm not going to that Kami forsaken store!"

Trunks had known this was coming. When he'd been about ten, his mom had somehow talked his dad into going to Wal-mart with her. He didn't know what had happened, but he did know that his dad hadn't talked to any of them for nearly two weeks afterwards and to this day his mom still didn't mention the dreaded W word in front of him. She had obviously put it on the list because she hated them and wanted his father to kill them all.

"Why don't you want to go to Wal-mart, Vegeta?" Goku asked.

"There's nothing there that we can't get at the supermarket," Vegeta stated.

"Well actually dad," Trunks started, "the only thing on the list is Belle's Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies. They're Bra's favorite and a Wal-mart exclusive."

"Well she'll just have to get another kind," Vegeta stated stubbornly.

"But dad they're the only kind she'll eat and-"

"I don't give a damn. She just won't have cookies this week."

"But when she doesn't get her cookies, she refuses to eat at all."

"You mean she doesn't anything?!" Goku asked in horror.

Trunks nodded solemnly.

Goku turned to Vegeta. "Vegeta we've gotta get that poor kid her cookies."

"If she's stupid enough to starve herself over cookies, then she deserves whatever she gets," Vegeta stated coldly.

"Vegeta, we're going to that store."

"What is it Kakarot? Are you so dumb that you don't understand English? I said I'm not going."

"And I said we are. Even if I have to force you."

Vegeta's eyes widened at the unsubtle threat.

"How dare you speak to me that way?! I am your prince and demand the respect do to me…"

Goku rolled his eyes heavenward as Vegeta went into he's usually spill. When he sounded as though he was finished, Goku turned back to him.

"Look Vegeta if we don't go we'll get in trouble and I'm not getting in any more trouble because of you. So are you going willingly or am I forcing you?"

"I'd like to see you try and make me," Vegeta said.

Thirty minutes and several bruises later Goku found himself now in the driver's seat with an infuriated (and equally bruised) Vegeta in the passenger seat.

"If you wreck my car Kakarot I will kill and your child," Vegeta promised.

"Worry not Vegeta. I'm an excellent driver!" With that he started the car and pressed the gas immediately followed by the brake.

It was Vegeta's turn to smash into the windshield.

Goten gulped.

His ass was grass.

* * *

Okay you guys I'm trying to get organized with this fic writing stuff. So the next fic I update will be When You Least Expect followed by this one again and then The Show. I think. Just thought ya'll should know. ^_~. Thanks for reading.