Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Shopping Adventure ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: …

AN: I love all you guys so much for sticking it out with this fic but my story dedication must go to the wonderful, magnificent, and all around great Ms. Susan. If it weren't for her I would have giving up on updating this fic long ago. So if you have enjoyed this fic, thank her. She's just the best! Anyway, enjoy the finally chapter of Vegeta and the Great Shopping Adventure.

* * *

The four Saiyans flew towards Capsule Corp. in silence. Vegeta led the pack, his fury slowly ebbing away as he thought of the headache that awaited him at home. Goku was just behind him eyeing the older Saiyan angrily. He could almost hear ChiChi's screams and rants already and it was all Vegeta's fault. The two boys followed close behind, both just happy to finally be going home.

As they continued on in silence, Trunks felt his stomach growl and remembered his sandwich. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out the golden wrapped burger and opened it. Being the Son that he was, Goten's nose immediately picked up the smell of food and looked at his friend.

"Where did you get that?" he asked eyeing the sandwich.

"It's what I had leftover," Trunks shrugged preparing to bite into it when he saw Goten's eyes light with want. Sighing he tore the sandwich in half and gave a piece to his friend.

"Gee thanks, Trunks!" Goten said taking the piece and shoved the whole thing in his mouth.

Trunks grunted in response and bit into his sandwich. He chewed a few times before he frowned. "You know, they didn't put any onions on this one."

Goten's eyes widened and he turned and look at his friend at the same time that two startle blue eyes turned to him. Was it possible that they had mixed up the sandwiches?

Trunks stopped where he was and dropped the sandwich before looking back at the other boy. "Goten, this never happened," he said simply.

Goten nodded as he answered, "K."

Goku, sensing the boys' kis falling behind, looked back and frowned. "Will you two come on?" he barked, not in the mood to play around.

"Coming!" they cried in unison and kicked up their power to catch their fathers.

* * *

The unhappy foursome landed on the front lawn of CC just as Bulma's red convertible pulled to the curb. The back door immediately flew open and Bra ran over to attach herself to her father's leg.

"Guess what Daddy! We saw you on TV and Mommy fainted and everything! It was sooooo cool!"

Vegeta didn't even spare the child a glance but instead focused his attention on his worthy opponent, who had yet to get out of the car. From the ridged way she was sitting in the seat he could tell that this was going to be one of their infamous knock down drag out fights.

Her passenger, however, wasted no time in getting out of the vehicle.

"Son Goku!"

Goku cringed at the shriek.

Stopping directly in front of the terrified man, she stuck her finger in his chest. "How in the hell did you go from buying a few measly groceries to blowing up a Burger King?!"

"But-ut ChiChi!" Goku said brilliantly in his defense.

ChiChi then rounded on her son. "And you! I sent you to watch him! What was the purpose of me sending you if you couldn't keep him out of trouble?!"

Goten shrugged. (an: wrong move buddy)

"Oh so you want to get smart!" ChiChi said reaching out and grabbing the boy by the ear.

"Ouch! But Mom we didn't do anything!" Goten cried.

"We are going home right NOW!" she screamed as she grabbed her husband's ear as well.

Goku only nodded obediently. Throwing one last glare in Vegeta's direction, he put two fingers to his forehead and they were gone.

Left alone on the lawn with his children, Vegeta continued to watch the woman. She hadn't made any move to get out of the car. She just sat there staring out the windshield. To his right he heard Trunks gulp nervously. He decided to chalk the small beads of sweat that were forming on his brow up to the afternoon sun.

They watched her sit for another full excruciating minute before she finally opened the car door and stepped out. Closing the door with a soft click, she calmly proceeded across the lawn. As she approached, Trunks leaned slightly towards his father.

"I think you're in deep shit this time, Dad," he murmured. For once, Vegeta would have to agree.

She stopped five feet in front of them and Trunks immediately stepped up.

"Mom I know it looks bad but it really isn't Dad's fault. It was those employees because they mixed up the sandwiches and-"

He fell silent as she held up her hand. "Trunks, take Bra in the house to play," she said in a very soft, very unlike Bulma tone.

Trunks bit his lip and grabbed his sister's hand. "Come on, Bra."

As her brother pulled her away, Bra glanced at her parent. "Trunks, is Daddy in trouble?" she asked a little worried.

"Oh yeah," he answered as he hurried her through the door.

Once they were inside, Bulma returned her eyes to Vegeta. Under her scrutiny he found himself crossing his arm over his chest. She lowered her eyes to the ground again and sighed before she finally spoke.

"What am I going to do with you, Vegeta?" she said almost to low for him to hear.

His eyes widened. That's not what he'd expected her to say.

Shaking her head in disgust, Bulma moved pass him towards the house.

"Where you going?" he demanded. Her reaction had more than a little unnerved him.

She stopped on the porch and glanced over her shoulder. "To call a containment crew. Somebody has to get what remains of your car away from the crime scene before any of this can be linked back to Capsule Corp. This type of publicity is the last thing we need." That said she continued into the house.

Vegeta looked left. He looked right. He blinked twice. That had not gone how he had expected at all.

Shrugging slightly in bewilderment, he walked around the house. He had wasted too much time away from the GR as it was today. He really didn't have time to fight with her, anyway.

* * *

And so ends another Great Adventure. What new comical disasters can I get our favorite Saiyan into next? Well I've got a few ideas but they'll have to wait until I get rid of some of my other fics. Once again I thank you all for patience with this fic. Thanks for reading!