Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Be Mine ❯ But a woman in love, she's above the law ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

But a woman in love, she's above the law

Capsule Corps. Pan stared at the huge dome and sighed deeply. Never before had the building seemed so uninviting to her. She had not seen her friends since her erratic flight the night before and she did not know if they would all be there or if they had gone home. Either way, she would most likely walk into Bra before she had a chance to reach Trunks and talk to him.

She did not want to talk to her friends. There was no way she could get out of explaining her actions of last night and she really did not want to. There was no way she would mention the bet, as it was one of the most ridiculous (albeit one of the most exciting) things she had ever done, and she would never be able to live through their reactions on it. The only other plausible explanation would be alcohol, although everybody knew that it took quite a lot of alcohol to inebriate a Saiyan and she was fairly sure they knew she had not had that much.

She scowled. Well, she was not the only one responsible for explaining last night! Trunks had been just as much part of this as she. Although she had been the one to initiate the kiss and he, she fumed silently, had left without saying a word to her.

That had hurt her more than she would have liked to admit. She had never been clingy, had never wanted to stick around lovers after she had gotten what she wanted, but one just did not walk away after a kiss like that. She was still furious with him and furious with herself for wanting to see him, despite her anger. She had felt so stupid when he had walked away, so completely and utterly humiliated.

But really, what had she expected that would happen? That he would sweep her off her feet, carry her home and make sweet love to her all night? Forget about it, girl, she scolded herself. Trunks will not lose this bet. And the ache she felt in her stomach at that made her even more furious.

She clenched her fists and then sighed, shaking her head. She was not sure if their friends had seen everything that had happened, but they would all know the basic plot: She had kissed Trunks, Trunks had walked away and she had stormed off. They were going to demand an explanation.

Taking a deep breath she stepped through the kitchen door, determined to find Trunks before anyone would notice her. Suppressing her own powerlevel as much as possible, she felt around with her ki sense. Marron and Goten were not here, at least, but the other ones were suppressing their ki and she could not point out where they were. She growled silently and headed for Trunks' room, hoping to find him there.

Instead, when she stepped into the hallway, she walked into Bra. She stopped dead in her tracks and opened her mouth to say something, anything, but -

"He's not here, Pan," Bra said, looking at her sternly.

"I'm not-" Pan started.

"You are, but he's not here," the other girl repeated. "He's on a business trip. He won't be back for another week."

Pan kept silent.

"Didn't he tell you? It was planned weeks ago."

Pan just stared at her, her mouth still open. Only when Bra seemed to want to say something else, she shook of her apathy and clenched her fists so tightly her nails dug into her skin. "I can't believe that fucking bastard!" she shrieked, turned around and blasted out of the house.

*^*^*^*^*

She had flown quite some time when she realised she had been doing a lot of running away lately. Great, Trunks, not only do you make me an emotional wreck, but you are also turning me into a chicken, she thought foully, and the mental image that followed that thought was so ridiculous that she dissolved into helpless laughter in midair and almost dropped out of the sky.

Laughing had actually done her some good. She could think more clearly now. Think about how much of a bastard Trunks actually was, that is. He had known he would be gone for a week when they had made the bet! He had specifically chosen this deadline because he most likely would not be back by then! She could not believe how… low that was, how unfair and simply mean. He was not even giving her a chance to win this bet.

She smiled sadly when she realised he had never intended to give her a chance. If she had wanted to know how he felt about her, this was as clear enough a clue. The man had never wanted her in the first place and would do anything to keep her away from him.

Then she shook her head firmly. No, she was not about to start lying to herself. She had seen the lust in his eyes when he looked at her. She had felt him react to her. He had let her kiss him. He had even kissed her back. He was attracted to her.

She sighed deeply. But that did not mean he wanted her.

Only now she remembered Vegeta's remarks of the other week. Then, she had been too angry to actually understand what he had said. Now it suddenly hit her.

"There is a very thin line between love and hate."

She rolled her eyes at that. Love, hah. Just by saying that he had proved himself wrong. Who had said anything about love? Love was not even in the picture. Lust was what it was all about. Apparently he had noticed that, at least, she noted with a grimace. Oh, the Saiyan sense of smell, a source of never ending joy in her life. She was glad she had not run into any of the other Saiyans after an encounter with Trunks, or they would have known as well. She was humiliated enough as it were.

She snorted. Vegeta had not even talked about lust. He had said she was in heat. As if she were a dog. Bah, the guy really thought Saiyans were animals. In heat. As if there was a specific period in which she lusted after Trunks. If the man had paid any attention, he would have noticed that she had always wanted him.

But what now?

She dropped down on a hill top in the middle of nowhere and sat down with her head in her hands, staring into the sky but seeing nothing.

What now? She did not have a clue. She could go after Trunks, surely. He was suppressing his ki now, but he would not remember to do it all week. Sooner or later he would give away his location without thinking. She could be standing in his hotel room in less than half an hour, if she wanted to.

But she would not run after him. She still had her pride. She had thrown herself at him, true. She had offered herself to him, made it very clear that he could have her if he chose to. But that was the bet. She would not go as low as chasing after him like a pathetic, lovesick puppy.

She growled, mentally chastising herself for even considering it. What was wrong with her? There had been a time when such a thought would never have crossed her mind, not even for Trunks. There had been a time when she would not have thrown herself at him, bet or no bet.

Her thoughts flew back to Vegeta's comment. In heat. Just what had he meant by that? She had thought he had meant lust, that he was just talking to her degradingly because it pleased him to anger her. But what if Saiyans did have a period in which they were driven by lust, desperately looking for somebody to mate with? She blushed furiously, remembering a conversation between Bulma and her mother that she had accidentally overheard. She had tried really hard to forget it at the time, certain that she did not want to know anything about her parents' sexlife, but... They had talked about how Vegeta and her dad were a bit more... persistent, at times...

She shook her head wildly. "Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross," she chanted, trying to get off the topic of parental sex. "I do not want to think about that, I do not want to think... ah damnit!"

She stood up and jumped into the air. She had to ask Vegeta about what he meant. She was not particularly looking forward to a conversation with the Saiyan prince, especially not about this topic, but she had to know if there were things in this matter that she had not considered yet. Everything would be different if her instincts were looking for a mate, instead of just sating the lust she had felt for years.

*^*^*^*^*

It did not take long to find Vegeta. Luckily the man was not out on one of his training trips, nor inside Capsule Corps., where she would most likely have walked into Bra. He was training in the gravity room, as usual.

She pushed a button next to the door of the room and waited for the familiar beep that would tell her the gravity had returned to normal. When she heard it, she pushed another button to open the door and stepped inside.

Vegeta was standing in the middle of the room, his arms folded, glaring at her. He had apparently been training for quite some time, according to the sweating and panting.

"What do you want?" he demanded, his voice gruff.

"You to explain some things to me," Pan said, trying not to sound nervous. She never knew just how to treat the man, but she did know she should not let him know he made her jumpy. She had the odd feeling that he was like a dog in this - if she showed him she was afraid, he would bite.

The Saiyan Prince stared at her and she tried not to cower. Would he even want to tell her? Could she make him?

"What?" he eventually said, not sounding very interested.

"What did you mean the other day, what- what you said," she stammered. "In heat?"

The corner of his mouth lifted in a smirk so aggravating that she forgot to be nervous. "Just that," he deadpanned. "You're in heat. Don't tell me you didn't notice."

She glared at him. "I want to know what you mean by that," she said, annoyed.

Did he just roll his eyes? She narrowed her eyes at the Saiyan prince and impatiently waited for him to answer.

Apparently he found this amusing. He was the only one.

"You're in heat," he repeated, still smirking. "Looking for someone to mate. And by the way you're acting towards Trunks, I'd say you've found someone."

She blushed furiously and stared daggers at him. "Even if I was interested in Trunks like that, why would you say I'm in - in heat?! I'm not a damn dog!"

His eyes narrowed, smirk disappearing. "You're a Saiyan."

She looked at the ground, defeated, as he turned to the shower. When he opened the door, she looked up. "Vegeta," she called.

Then man stopped and looked over his shoulder, not quite glaring.

"Would I want to mate with Trunks, instead of just..." she blushed again.

He turned around fully, narrowing his eyes again. "You're a Saiyan. When we mate, we mate for life."

She snorted. "Hardly. We all slept with people before, Vegeta, and none of us have a mate yet."

"Mate, I said," he huffed, "not have sex. With your human blood, there's a difference between the two."

She glared at him. "You're not making any sense!"

"You have a problem with listening," he spat, turning around again. "Then again, females in heat are not renowned for paying attention to anyone but their desired mate."

"Why are you even saying I'm in heat?!" she demanded furiously.

He did not turn to look at her, but she could hear the smirk in his voice. "I'm a Saiyan. I can smell it."

God, no! Pan stared at him. "You - you mean my dad can..." she asked, embarrassed beyond reason.

Vegeta only chuckled. "Your father is more human than Saiyan. I don't expect him to pick up anything."

She breathed out, relieved, then snapped her head back up at him. "Trunks? Goten? Bra?"

"Goten's like your father," the man answered. "Trunks most likely doesn't have a clue what he's responding to. Bra, now..." his voice trailed off. "She might know. She's smart enough to figure it out, even if she doesn't know the scent. Besides, she's a Saiyan female, too."

Pan groaned, hiding her face behind her hands. "This is just getting worse and worse."

"Oh yes, it is," he said, suddenly glaring at her again. "I don't know what you were thinking when you chose Trunks, but you can't claim him. You're not worthy of him. He's a prince, a first-class Saiyan. You're third-class offspring."

She stared at him, eyes wide. He did not mean that, did he?

His eyes were black, not hardly amused. Oh yes, he meant it all right.

Anger hit her with a sudden burst, a golden aura whipping up around her, hair flaring up in a surge of power. Who did the man think he was? Prince? Prince her ass! Prince of a dead race! She was a Super Saiyan, more than worthy of anyone she chose! Every man should be happy to be picked by her!

For a moment she could do nothing but breathe in and out deeply, so furious had he made her. Then she jumped at him, fist aiming for his face. "I am the best there is!" she shouted when the full-blood Saiyan twisted out of her reach, smirking, also turning Super Saiyan. "I am the only Saiyan female available for him! He hasn't got a choice!"

The fight did not last long. Although Pan's anger gave her extra strength, she was no match for Vegeta. With one final blow he slammed her down, face-first into the floor. Without even looking at her he went into the shower.

Pan lay on the floor, groaning. This day just kept getting better and better. What was she thinking, jumping Vegeta like that? She knew he was merciless and that anything that involved him, her and beating would make her end up with a lot of pain. But he had just made her so angry.

She sighed and pushed herself up to sit, trying to check the damage. Battered and bruised, definitely, but she did not seem to have broken anything. She warily touched her under arms. Ouch. Those would be sore for a day or two. That would teach her to attack Vegeta like that. Still, she could not help but think he had almost seemed pleased with her. She shook her head. She would never understand that man.

Biting back a moan, she stood up and exited the gravity room, walking carefully.

Well, that had hardly helped.

~*^*#$#*^*~

AN: Short, yeah. Very annoying chapter, too. *mutters under her breath*

I was sorely tempted to kill off Bra. Actually, I had already decided to do so (it would give me such nice plottwists! I had it all thought out), Icegaze even threw a coin to decide…

and then I didn't. Why not? Because it would mess up the summary. "A lust-crazed Saiyan woman, a Saiyan man who tries to save their friendship and a twisted bet. Can Pan seduce Trunks before the moon is full - and does he even want her to fail? And then someone dies." simply doesn't sound as catchy *grin*

So I saved you all from something that would be very sad (although I might still write it, just not in this story). Be glad!

Once again thanks to the Noseless Wonder for betaing this for me! Go read her stuff *nods at her favorites list*