Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Zana-sei ❯ The meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own DBZ. I could only wish I did.

Hey everyone! This is my first Bulma and Vegeta fic, and I really hope that you like it. So read and hopefully enjoy!

Zana-sei

Ch. 1- The meeting

Vegeta hurtled through an asteroid field in the small space ship. He could not wait to get to the next planet, he had ran out of food two days ago, and his stomach was doing well to remind him of it. The discomfort was all worth it however, especially to get away from that disgusting lizard freak.

He hadn't been able to stand another minute onboard the tyrant's ship after what happened three days ago. That was mainly the reason he left. The missions and brutal beatings Vegeta could deal with. After all, what does not kill you only makes you stronger, literally for a Saiya-jin. What had done Vegeta in, and had been irking him since he set foot on Frieza's abhorrent ship, were the insults. The blows to his pride. The fact that he could not defend himself against Frieza's verbal onslaught did not help either. All he could do was glare down at the cold, hard steel floor, keep his mouth shut, and hope his anger did not bubble over to the point where he talk back. When that happened, Frieza's anger went up a notch.

That anger would not be directed toward Vegeta anymore, rather toward the three very unlucky Saiya-jin he had left aboard the ship. Vegeta frowned at that thought.

It was not as if he had not wanted to take them with him, after all they were the last of their race and had to look out for one another. It was just that Nappa, Radditz, and Kakarotto would have slowed Vegeta down considerably. He had not planned on leaving, he left in a hurry filled with anger, hate….fear. The latter made Vegeta growl.

Still growling, he smirked as he envisioned himself as the Legendary. His smirk widened into a tiny grin, he would enjoy Frieza's expression, a mix of shock and horror, as he ripped the monster's still beating heart.

A small beeping broke Vegeta out of his reverie of golden hair and teal eyes. Obsidian eyes flashed down to the map, a little flashing red light with a label next to it let him know he was fast approaching a planet. Vegeta peered down at the label, almost squinting to see the small letters.

"Zana-sei" He murmured, finally able to read the puny alphabets.

He looked out the ship's front window to survey the planet. It was mostly green with medium sized patches of blue.

Vegeta scowled, green meant a forest or jungle and by the looks of Zana-sei, plenty of it. `Let's just hope they have some technology.' He thought briefly before entering the plant's atmosphere.

~*~

Buruma sat in the dense cover of the bushes as she clutched her spear. Her clear blue eyes focused on the unknowing wezork ambling by. She smirked and slowly pulled her arm back, ready to strike. Tonight's dinner would be good.

A brilliant red filled the night sky, causing both Buruma and the wezork to look up. There was a soft whirring noise, which got increasingly louder as Buruma spotted a steadily growing silverish-red thing hurtling toward the ground.

The wezork was long since gone, and if that was any indication for her to run, then she knew she damned well better take it. She jumped out in front of the bush, and just started to run when the silver thing crashed into the ground and skidded after her. It was chasing her, and spitting!

Buruma's eyes widened with fear as she felt something whiz past her. The adrenaline kicked in and she burst forward as fast as she could. She did not get very far that way. In her hurry to get away, she tripped over a rock, sending her tumbling into painful rolls before she landed on her back.

Buruma groaned and sat up rubbing her head. The ground beneath her began to tremble. She looked back, screamed and threw her hands over her blue head with her knees drawn up.

The silver thing behind her slid to a halt inches away from Buruma. She looked up and noticed something she had not before. The trees ahead of her had all snapped like twigs, as if something were thrown through them.

Buruma turned on her haunches so she could see exactly what kind of creature had chased her down. It was all silver, round and on fire. She guessed that was the reason it had fallen, after all fire was painful. She poked at it with her toe, having lost her spear earlier. It seemed to be dead.

She stood to her full height and gave it a puzzled look. What kind of animal was this, and was it edible?

All questions halted as Buruma heard a groan behind her. She walked cautiously toward it, keeping low to the ground. Whatever made the noise sounded like it was in a lot of pain. She straightened up when she saw a woman with tall, black hair that stood up like a cheepo's. She was bulky and was wearing clothes Buruma was not sure she liked. There was blood dribbling down her face from a jagged gash that was hidden in her hair. Tears in her clothes revealed similar cuts that slashed across her body.

Buruma bit her bottom lip and crinkled her brow with worry as she softly touched one of the cuts. The woman groaned and opened her eyes slowly.

She gasped and pulled her hand away from the small woman. "I-I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt you. You've been hurt badly by that-" Buruma stopped. Actually she did not know what that thing was. So she would explain it the best she could. "huge, round bird. Please, do not move. I will help you to my village where you can be healed." She said in a soothing tone.

The woman squinted her eyes before replying in a language Buruma had never heard.

"I am sorry, but I do not understand." Buruma said, her soothing tone changing into a worried one.

The woman spoke again in the same language. When only receiving Buruma's puzzled expression for an answer, she frowned and tried to sit up.

Buruma began to panic. If the woman were not still her wounds would get damaged. She gently pushed the woman's shoulder down, who seemed to be trying to pull away from Buruma's touch.

Buruma narrowed her eyes; "You will stay still! I am Jaad tian Buruma, and I command it!" She all but yelled.

The woman attempted what Buruma suspected was a growl and struggled to sit up again.

Buruma's cerulean eyes flashed with anger, and she opened her mouth to reprimand the woman when she blacked out. Her anger died away as she gazed sympathetically at the woman with cheepo hair. She sighed, it was for the best that she was not awake, she was too much of an annoyance.

Buruma grunted as she struggled to lift the woman enough to slip her arms under her torso. She pushed as hard as she could and only lifted enough to slip the edges of her fingers under. Then she muffled a scream. This woman was heavy! `What does she eat, weedodos?' Buruma thought as she fell back, her fingers finally loose. She stood and ran at top speed toward her village. The woman needed help, and if Buruma did not get to the village in time, she would die.

~*~

Vegeta was hurt bad. He lay groaning on the ground after being flung out of the ship's window, and knocked into to, oh say fifty trees.

Upon entering Zana-sei's atmosphere, the ship malfunctioned and plummeted toward the dense foliage. He could not strap himself in, due to the lack of seatbelts and had been thrown out the window. The glass shards embedded in his skin hurt like hell, not to mention the painful splinters. ` I will kill that crummy, deceitful weakling for trading me that ship.' He thought closing his eyes.

A soft touch made him groan again before he painfully opened his eyes. Vegeta was greeted with the sight of a blue haired, blue eyed woman who looked extremely worried.

"I-Ite lay doshe. Isa binto doa node sa aspeta mish. Mishtar lunes aspetea sayn seda-", the woman stopped, looking as if she were thinking. "linar, das siduay. Natar, bin doa nicta. Ila meta mish sa Ida mopel desh mish ba da idua." She spoke softly.

Vegeta squinted, why wasn't his translator picking this up? "I don't understand gibberish, woman."

The woman spoke gibberish again, her tone changing slightly to worry.

" I do not understand." Vegeta reverberated. The woman gave Vegeta a puzzled expression. He frowned, `Stupid woman.' He thought before trying to sit up.

The woman pushing him back down only agitated him further. He recoiled at the touch. `What is she doing? Is she trying to help me or harm me?' Vegeta's natural untrusting nature shined through. Her yelling at him only made these feelings stronger.

He tried to growl before saying something nasty to her, but the growl came out as a soft gurgle. The pain was increasing with each passing breath, and Vegeta saw the strange woman narrow her eyes before his world went black.

~*~

Buruma clutched her hands into fists as she ran through the dense underbrush. She started to slow down; noticing her body was covered in dirt and blood. She had small scratches lining her arms and legs, she supposed from falling down. The blood on her fingers, which now smeared on her palms, she guessed, was from the woman. Buruma grimaced, she hated being dirty. She would have bathe later to get the blood and dirt off her body, but she was going to get rid of the blood on her hands now.

Walking at a leisurely pace, she licked her fingers and palms. Since she had no water, she would have to use her tongue to get her hands clean. The taste of iron assaulted her taste buds as she broke into a run again, not knowing she had just sealed her fate.

~*~ ~*~

Again, I hope you enjoyed that. I can't say that I will update quickly every time, but I'll try my best to make you guys happy.

~ Chibionna