Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Zana-sei ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kakarotto sat blissfully in field of melop. He grabbed the fluffy white substance, shoved it in to his mouth and moaned with a content smile on his face. Melop was the only reason he regretted annihilating all the beings on Nehou-sei. He sighed as the sticky sweet substance melted on his tounge, extremely happy in his dream. Little did he know Frieza stood over him completely disgusted as he watched Kakarotto chew in his pillow. An intense pain shot up Kakarotto's spine, jolting him awake. He screamed as he was ripped out of his dream and his bed by his tail.

Frieza threw him on the floor with Radditz. He snarled as he watched the three begin to regain their composure. "Where is he?!" He yelled down at the three monkeys.

All three Saiya-jin rose groggily and painfully.

"Where is who, Lord Freiza?" Radditz asked with his head down, there was no need to anger the tyrant further.

"Where is who?!" Frieza repeated Radditz's question as if it were the dumbest in the world. "Where is who?! There are three of you disgusting, revolting monkeys present! Whom do you think I'm referring to!" His nostrils flared in anger as he narrowed his eyes into dangerous slits.

"Well," answered the deep booming voice of Nappa " if you're referring to Vegeta no Ouji, we have not seen him since yesterday."

Frieza growled as Nappa's stupidity. If he were referring to Vegeta? Who else would he be referring to? "It didn't seem odd to you addle brained primates that he was missing?" His voice deadly calm, to calm for comfort.

All three shook their heads, "No Lord Frieza, we thought he might have been training." Radditz once again answered for them.

"No," Frieza growled, "he has not been training, nor was he scheduled for a mission. If that were the case I would not be in this squalid, foul piss pot you call a room. No one has been able to find him onboard the ship, and you three simians are going after him." He dropped his voice to a low deadly hiss. "If you come back empty handed, or not at all, the punishment will indeed be severe. Is that clear?"

All three Saiya-jin nodded.

Buruma waited anxiously outside the hut. She may have been Jaad tian Buruma, but not even her mother was not allowed into the watsu hut when the watsu atchi was aiding someone. So, she stood outside wringing her hands waiting to hear about the woman whose life she saved.

Buruma frowned as she thought of her condition. She had long scratches all up and down her arms, legs, and her back. Blood was running heavily from the cut on her head, so much that Buruma was surprised that the woman survived the trip to the village.

Buruma sighed, she hoped the woman would not die. She might have been disrespectful, but that did not mean Buruma wanted her dead.

Buruma's worrying intensified when watsu atchi lifted the flap and quietly walked toward Buruma.

"Well, how is she?" Buruma asked concerned.

The worry was evident on the Jaad's delicate face, so watsu atchi did not keep her waiting. "She is fine," she said, "as your sister said she would be."

Buruma nodded. After returning with the woman, her sister glanced at the injured female and said that she would be alright. Most of the women in the village, especially the poor, tired women who helped her carry the woman, agreed and went back to daily life.

"May I see her?" Buruma asked inquisitively.

The watsu atchi waved her hand at Jaad tian approvingly and walked away.

Buruma quickly walked to the piece of thatch that covered the door, threw it open and walked in. She surveyed the sunlight-flooded room and found the woman sleeping on a straw pallet in the cool shadowed corner. She softly approached the female and knelt by her side, looking her damaged body.

The watsu atchi had done a good job. She had cleaned the cuts and filled them with wori, a plant that helped the healing process move faster. The cut hidden in the woman's hair seemed to be cleaned and cared for too. For there was no more blood running heavily down her face and her hair was damp. Watsu atchi had also stripped the woman's clothes, save a strange article that resembled a skirt, but in some way did not.

Ever inquisitive, Buruma began to peel the strange skirt down when she spotted a brown furry thing around the woman's waist. At first she dismissed it, thinking it to be the latest fashion where the female was from, but then it moved. Flickered really, but it still moved. Buruma started then hesitantly moved a small, slender hand forward, her fingers barley inches from the thing. She stopped abruptly when she heard a low growl from deep in the woman's throat.

Buruma instinctively rolled back and crouched into a defensive position. She glanced at the woman, she was still asleep but seemed to be having a nightmare.

For the first time Buruma noticed the heavy smell of sweat in the air. Water mingled with sweat ran down from the female's face. Buruma also noticed that her hands were clenched at her sides, the knuckles white from squeezing, and her face contorted in a fierce scowl.

Buruma relaxed and slowly began to stand when just for a second, a flicker of a picture flashed through her mind. She crouched back down and glanced around the room. There seemed to be nothing there, only the wounded woman and herself.

Buruma narrowed her eyes, what if the woman was a zantasi? There was always the possibility. Buruma quickly grabbed the spear watsu atchi always kept in her hut and sat into a corner waiting for the woman to awaken.

Vegeta slowly parted his eyelids. His ears were greeted by the songs of birds in the many trees of the strange planet. He desperately wanted to shoot at the damned things for making so much noise. He had a dreadful headache and did not know why.

Vegeta slowly sat and looked down, his arms and legs were covered in blood. He, of course, did not think anything of it until he realized it was his blood. Shocked, Vegeta ran a hand up one of the many cuts that adorned his arm and smeared the blood on his gloved fingertips. Felling a heavy stream flowing down his face, he reached up again to have his gloves covered with more of his blood. That was when it all came rushing back to him. The crash, the pain, the woman.

The only other person he had come in contact with on this planet, and quiet possibly the last is she had gone. Even though she spoke a different language, Vegeta would have been able to learn more about the plant than he knew now, which was nothing.

Vegeta's head whipped around searching for the strange female, for she indeed was very strange he shook his head, he knew he would not be able to find the woman on a planet he did not know. He was not about to waste his time and look for her either. He did not have time for such menial things. He needed to figure out how to get off this hellhole. He doubted they had any advanced technology, if any.

Thinking, Vegeta climbed painfully to his knees. He growled as the pain increased heavily there. He put his hands on the ground, preparing to stand when a racking pain shot up his spine. Vegeta screamed as he was lifted in the air. He heard a soft, sickening chuckle, a chuckle he knew all to well. He looked up and found himself face to face with whom he feared it would be, Frieza.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here. My little pet monkey." Frieza grinned, his eyes gleamed with an unquenched thirst. "You actually thought I wouldn't find you, that you could elude me forever?" he shook his head and let out another low chuckle. "Really Vegeta, I thought you to be smarter that that. No matter, your punishment shall be a pleasure I shall enjoy." With that he threw Vegeta down on the ground and began to slowly advance on him.

The pain still shooting up Vegeta's spine was quickly blocked out by fear as he watched Frieza take a step forward. Eyes wide and shaking his head, Vegeta began to scoot backward trying to keep out of the lizard's evil clutches. Frieza laughed maniacally at the once proud prince. "Running will only make it hurt more." He said enthusiastically, his hand reaching out to grasp Vegeta's bloody, sweaty throat.

Vegeta's eyes snapped open as he screamed. His breath quickened in pace then slowed to long sighs as he realized it was just a dream, or was it? He sat up sharply to observe his surroundings just to be sure.

His obsidian eyes widened, he immediately regretted it as pain swarmed all over his body. Vegeta closed his eyes and grit his teeth at the task of slowly lowering his physically abused body. Obviously it was a dream.

The crash had defiantly taken a toll on his body, and it would take him a while to heal without a regen tank. He doubted whatever simple-minded beings that resided on Zana-sei had the technology of a regen tank. Vegeta snorted in his mind as he did not want to attract the inhabitants of wherever he was.

With a soft croon, he painfully opened his throbbing eyes as he felt a sharp poke in his shoulder. Vegeta was not shocked to see the strange blue haired female, with a spear held steadily at him.

Buruma was startled awake by the woman's first scream, and was ready to do battle by her second. The woman, however, seemed extremely frightened. Buruma almost began to lower her spear, seeing the look of fear and pain in her eyes, when the thought of the woman faking it crossed her mind. She held her spear steady with a renewed determination and sharply poked her in the shoulder.

"You are a zantasi." Buruma declared when she had gotten the woman's attention. For a second, the woman has a look of shock on her face. Then scowled deeply and began to speak in that strange language again.

Buruma hands were almost clasped over her ears, in case what the woman was saying was a spell, when the words "not" and "witch" reached them first. She lowered her hands and spear slowly, looking curiously at the woman. Was she learning their language already?

"You are not a zantasi?" Buruma asked slowly. The female slowly shook her head "no", then grimaced in pain.

Buruma hesitantly walked closer to her and halted when the woman threw a dark glare at her, indicating for her to stop. She was about three feet away. Buruma knelt in front of the woman, and the woman continued to glare, though less harshly.

There was a long silence as they peered into each other's faces. Buruma noticed her eyes were black, like her sister's. She also noticed that the woman had a lot of muscles, and hardly any breasts. Buruma came up with two conclusions, either they were just starting to develop or she was flat chested.

Buruma took a deep breath, "I-I am sorry." She said with a strained face. It was not often that apologized, so for her to do so was remarkably straining.

The other woman stared at Buruma hard, narrowing her eyes slightly, then gave a little nod.

Again a silence ensued upon the two. Buruma shifted uncomfortably from her spot on the floor, thinking what to say next. She supposed she should ask her name, she could not go around calling "you" or "girl".

"What is your name?" Buruma asked, a bit uncertainly for the woman was staring her down.

The woman blinked, she did not have to say a word, her expression already said she had no clue what Buruma said.

Buruma's eyes narrowed a bit in thought then she pointed to her chest and said, "Jaad tian Buruma." She pointed to the woman, waiting for her reply.

The woman nodded and answered, "Vegeta no Ouji."

Buruma grinned," Vegeta no Ouji." She said happily. She was glad she had something to call the newest edition to the village.

Vegeta no Ouji nodded slowly and less enthusiastically said, "Jaad tian Buruma."

Buruma bounced slightly on her knees, like a happy child. She opened her mouth to ask another question, but just as it was about to pop out watsu atchi came in to check on patient.

"What are you doing? I said you could see her, not wake her up and interrogate her. And what is my spear doing on the floor? Have you been threatening her?" Watsu atchi's voice shrilled as she threw her hands on her hips.

Buruma guiltily looked down at the forgotten spear by her side.

Watsu atchi huffed, "Well, you can threaten her later! Now out with you, out!"

Buruma glanced at Vegeta no Ouji and mumbled, "Good bye, Vegeta no Ouji."

She walked with slumped shoulders to the thatch and walked out, but not before the words "Good bye" and "woman" reached her ears.