Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Zana-sei ❯ Developments ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ossu Minna-san! I'm really sorry about not updating for so long. I wrote this chap like three weeks ago, but I was really busy. Oh, guess what? I got the Inu-Yasha movie! It is sooooo good! I especially love the ending theme song, No more words. Ne way I'll let you guys read this chapter. This one is called developments. I just thought of that. I hope you guys like this chapter, cause when I had first written it, I did not like it at all. Ne way, here's chapter nine of Zana sei.

Thank You Ssjgoddesschico9 for being the best beta-reader ever!

Disclaimer: I do not Own DBZ or any of it's' characters. I do own plants, races, animals, places, and people that I make up.

Zana sei

Chaper nine: Developments

Buruma clutched her spear in her hand as she stood in the stream. Her eyes remained trained on a fish that was swimming steadily closer. Her body stock still, but her arm reared back and she squired the silver fish, staining the water crimson.

Buruma stepped back onto the bank, pulled the fish off the spear and placed it in the basket with the others. Still grasping her spear, she picked up the basket and glanced around. She had a feeling she knew this place. She shook her head, of course she did! She grew up in this jungle and this stream was very familiar to her.

Buruma squinted; it seemed familiar in a different way. She bit her lip gently, she knew she should go back to the village, but it was such a nagging feeling that she could not seem to move. What was it about this place?

She squinted again and nodded. The dream. It all made sense now, why this place was oddly familiar. If she followed the path she had in the dream, would it end the same way?

As if moving to find the answer to that question, her feet began to move forward.

'I need to get back to the village. The fish needs to be cooked, if I'm late Chichi will be very cross.' Buruma tried to reason with herself.

'You will only be a little while, besides if I'm gone too long she can always send someone out to hunt.' She coaxed.

'This is not a good idea.'

Buruma shook her head, 'I'm going.' She told herself firmly as she marched forward.

She walked for a while, the basket of fish that sat on her hip was getting increasingly heavier, but she did not put it down. She walked some more, leaning heavily on her spear. When she saw a group of rocks her heart leapt for joy, she needed a rest. She began to walk slowly toward them when she saw it. The cave from her dream. The one with the blue crystals, the one with the multi-colored pool, and the one with the crushing room. She did not know if all of these things were real, but she felt that if she walked into that cave they would be there.

Tired as she was, she walked into the cave and smiled. The walls were dark blue crystals, just like in her dream. She walked further into the cave and sank down by the pool. She plunged her hands into the pool and greedily slurped, enjoying the cool feeling of it as it slid down her throat. After she had her fill, she scotched over to the wall and leaned back. Within a matter of minutes, she was fast asleep.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

The fire light from the torch gleamed over Vegeta's sweat covered body. He was doing push ups, slowly and painfully yet steadily. His body was getting used to the gravity, but he was finding it hard to concentrate.

Up until a few minutes ago, his concentration was fine. Now, he struggled to take each breath. It was just like when he had first walked into this room one week ago. If he kept this up, he would die and what good was he dead?

Vegeta lay on the floor a few minutes before slowly getting to his feet. He hobbled out into the hall and took a deep breath. Then he froze.

She was here. Vegeta shook his head, no, that could not be true, but it was. His nose and her ki did not lie. She was here, down the hall and in the next room.

Vegeta sneered and let out a low growl. Why was she here? The last thing he needed was her with him. She would ruin his concentration as just demonstrated before. Besides, he had no desire to bond, although it was already happening, slowly, but surely. That was the way he wanted it. He wanted the bonding process to be as slow and long as possible. Now that he found a way to train, he sure as hell was not going to slow down or stop for some woman.

All of this came to a crashing halt when Vegeta laid eyes on her. A fierce need catapulted into him and he cursed the woman for putting it in him. Damn it, he did not want this! His hand curled into a fist, but he could not bring himself to harm her.

Vegeta narrowed his eyes and snorted softly as his gaze swept over her. She was half laying, half leaning against the wall. Her head slightly down and to the side, the blue tendrils of her hair laying on the soft swell of her breast. Such soft, firm breasts...

Vegeta shook his head and glanced at the basket of fish by her side. His brow furrowed, had she known he was here and brought him food? He would have to ask when she woke up.

Walking over to her, Vegeta gently picked her up and swiftly, but softly placed her on the fur across the room. He walked back across the room stiffly, picked up the basket and walked outside. She smelled good.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>>

Vegeta was in the middle of eating his fifth piece of fish when Buruma woke up. As soon as she lay eyes on him, as predicted, she began to scream.

"Vegeta! That is not for you!" she got to her feet and stalked over to him. "Did you eat the rest?" she demanded.

"No, the rest is here," he nodded to the pile in front of him.

Buruma's eyes widened. "You can cook?"

Vegeta nodded as he reached for another fish. "When I need to."

She kneeled down in front of him, "That was supposed to be fro my family's dinner."

He shrugged, "They'll find something else."

Buruma glared at him, she had thought the basically the same thing on her way over, but she was not about to tell him that. "Fine, be a ewiv and eat all the fish. Now I have to go catch some more. Really Vegeta, you have no consideration for others."

Vegeta looked at her for the first time she had awaken, "Why should I?"

Buruma sighed, "Because Vegeta, if you have consideration for other people they'll have consideration for you." She explained, still glaring.

Vegeta snorted, stuffed the fish in his mouth and swallowed. "Not where I'm from." He said without thinking.

"Where are you from?" Buruma's curiosity got the better of her and her anger disappeared.

"I don't want to talk about it." He said in a flat tone.

"Why not?" Buruma walked over at in front of him.

Vegeta pressed his lips into a thin line and narrowed his eyes, "Well let's see. When you and your tribe thought I was a woman and showed you I was a man, your tried to slice off my-" Vegeta shivered lightly at the thought. "Then you all chase me into the jungle, forcing me to live in a cave." He glared hard at her.

Buruma looked apologetic, "Yes, well sorry about that." She murmured.

He started at her for a minute then grit his teeth and grunted his acceptance. He picked up another fish and stuffed it in his mouth.

Buruma fidgeted for a while before getting up. "I'll go now. Everyone is probably worried about me." She said hurriedly as she quickened her pace.

Vegeta watched her go with the growing need to protect. He knew why he had the urge. If she left now, she would be exhausted by the time she got back to the village. If she made it back at all, especially since it was dark and she would be too tired to defend herself.

Vegeta grimaced, why should he care? If she wanted to leave and possibly get herself killed, then so be it. With that thought he nodded and grabbed another fish and slowly began to mash it between his fingers as the urge grew stronger. He threw the fish down and walked out to catch her.

"Wait! Woman!" Vegeta called out into the darkness. He heard some rustling followed by the soft footfalls of the woman. "If you don't want to die, I suggest you stay here." He told her when she was in sight.

She narrowed her eyes, spitting blue fire at him. "Are you threatening me?"

He rolled his eyes, "Baka onna, I'm telling you for your own good, but if you want to be prey for some animal then by all means leave." With that he turned and walked back in the cave.

Buruma stayed stunned there for a moment before her anger got the better of her, "I'm not an idiot!" she called as she walked into the cave.

Vegeta paused in the hall then continued. Of course she would understand what he had said, they were bonding. Sitting back in front of hi pile of fish, Vegeta grabbed the mashed fish on the floor and ate it.

Buruma stormed over to the pile, grabbed one and went to it on the fur. She hesitantly nibbled some before nodding and taking another bite. It was unseasoned, but she was ravenous so it did not bother her.

Vegeta watched her eat for a few minutes. "Did you drink my blood when you found me?"

Buruma gave him a strange look. "Drink you blood? Why would I do that?"

Vegeta stared her down, "I don't know, you tell me." He said quietly.

Buruma stared back, "I don't know what you talking about, Vegeta. I can't tell you what I don't know, not can I?"

Vegeta exhaled, exasperated. "Was there any time in which you put any of my blood in you mouth and swallowed. There, understand now?" He growled.

Buruma glared at him silently for a moment, "I licked you blood off my hands, why?" she asked coldly.

"Why?" Vegeta echoed.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Buruma asked snippily.

"No, why did you lick my blood off of you hands?"

"Because they were covered in you blood and sticky and there was no water around." She shrugged nonchalantly, "Why are you asking me?"

Vegeta closed his eyes and shook his head. "I'm tired, I need sleep. Get up, you're on my bed." He got up and stood in front of Buruma.

"You could say please." She folded her arms and stuck her chin out.

"Get up, you're on my bed." Vegeta repeated.

"Well, where am I supposed to sleep?"

"On the floor, now get up." Vegeta's patience was starting to thin.

"No, you sleep on the floor."

"Woman." Vegeta hissed.

Buruma shook her head and the next thing she knew she was being deposited on the floor. "Ouch!" she said, getting up and rubbing her butt. She walked back over to the fur and lay down next to Vegeta.

"Get off!" Vegeta said a little frantically, pushing her away from him.

"Stop it Vegeta! Why are you being so mean? I'm just sleeping!" She yelled, sitting up.

Vegeta thought for a while, "Fine, but stay on your side."

Buruma nodded giddily and lay back down.

Vegeta narrowed his eyes, "I mean it. If I find you on my side, I'm shoving you right off."

She nodded, making the blue tendrils slide back onto the fur. "Okay Vegeta."

Vegeta squeezed his eyes shut and rolled over on his side, this was going to be a long night.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;