Fake Fan Fiction / Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Passion ❯ one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Passion: Chapter one


Twenty years ago

"You must obey the rules or we will not be held responsible for the coincidences."

"Got it. Only the freshest meats, plenty of sunlight, and the freshest water possible. You sure that she'll give me what I wish?"

"A Dragonbeast chooses it's master, not the other way around. If she deams you worthy she'll grant your wishes."

The man smiled looking in the cage at the feline that was curled up on a Chinese silk pillow. She was long for a cat. Looking as if she was part siamese and part something else. Her black fur was marked with darker black stripes. "You sure this is the only one in existence?"

"She is the only female of her kind yes. Are you still sure that she is what you want Weiss?"

"Yes, she's perfect for my wife. Annabelle has been looking for a new replacement since her last familiar was killed a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that this Areenra will be a perfect companion for her while I'm at work. I hate leaving her alone all day."

"I understand."


Twenty years later.

A large black cat sat on the counter as Count D walked into the shop. He looked at it a moment. "Areenra." He said softly. The cat purred. He noticed the white kitten beside it. The kitten wasn't much bigger than a child's hand. It was pure white with blood red eyes. It mewed softly and Areenra licked it lightly.

"I see. He broke the contract and you wish for me to protect your daughter." D smiled walking to the counter. The black cat looked up with a faint nod. He held out his hand and the white kitten shied away slightly. "It's okay honored one. I will not hurt you."

The kitten went to him sniffing his hand. It then licked his finger tips.

The bell behind him rang. "Ah... My favorite detective. How are you today Detective?"

"How'd you know?" Leon asked as he walked to the counter. "Woah... that's a big cat."

"Actually she's small for her breed. That's a Dragonette, commonly known by wizards as a Dragoncat. She's quite tame."

"You sure she's small? She looks like she could eat a greyhound in one sitting." He didn't take his eyes off the easily sixty pound cat.

"I am quite sure. She prefers only salmon if I remember correctly." D looked at the larger cat, who licked her paw ignoring the scruffy looking man who was regarding her as a threat. The kitten moved to pounce the said man's hand, only to have her mother catch her by the scruff of the neck.

"What did you come to see me for Detective?" D asked turning his attention to Leon.

"Actually, I need some help with a case."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, here." He handed over a file. "The boys at the lab couldn't make heads or tails out of those bite marks."

"Where were these photographs taken?"

"About six blocks from here." Leon asked as he saw that D's eyes were on the two cats. "D?"

"Those bites are from a Dragonette. Only two of them are known here in the states, and I can assure you those bite marks are from neither of them."

"There's another creature as big as that one out there?" Leon asked pointing at the black one.

"At least twice as big as Areenra. That's probably why the kitten is like she is. She's pure."

"What?"

"The one that killed that person was male. That would explain why Areenra brought her hatchling here. To protect it from the male. The males eat the young."

"Who would buy something like that?"

"People who wish for strong magic. A Dragonette has great healing abilities, and is able to keep lesser demons from attacking. I think who ever brought that other one here to the states was hoping to call forth some demon."

"Demon..." Leon looked at the two cats. "You are telling me that those things can control things from Hell?"

"You've seen stranger in the time that you have known me."

"Yeah... Kiirin, Lizards that could kill with a glance... Sabertooth tigers..." Leon started rambling off some of the beasts he had seen in the shop. "Cats that look like women... These two won't do that will they?"

"I cannot put them in the same room as my other cats. The others will become hostile."

"So who do they belong to?"

"Their master broke the contract. They returned here as Areenra promised Grandfather." He reached into a small refrigerator behind the counter and got a bottle of milk, pouring some into a saucer for the kitten. "Besides, they are no threat. I would be worried about the male Detective. While the female repels evil, the males call to it. Who ever had the male must know this. Those bodies weren't just killed. They were fed to it."

"So we have some psycho feeding people to a monster?"

"In a way you can understand." D nodded. The white kitten sat looking at the two men. The mother curled up, closing her eyes. "I will help all I can."

"So what's the kitten's name?" Leon asked figuring it might be best to change the subject for a few minutes while he tried to sort things out.

D petted it. "Why don't you ask her yourself?"

"Cats can't talk."

There was a chuckle from the black cat.

D smiled. "These two are not normal cats." He said calmly. "Come Detective, it's time for tea."

"Already?"

"It is always time for tea. Have you not figured that out yet?" The white kitten followed D as he went to the teapot. Leon fell into a chair giving up trying to understand D at all. The kitten climbed up into his lap purring, nudging his hand to get him to pet her.

"She's like you, She knows how to push all the right buttons." Leon said petting the small creature.

"That she does. You sure you would not like a pet soon Leon?"

"Who needs a pet with a friend like you?" Leon said softly.

"A friend now? When did this happen?" D asked with a small smirk.

Since a while back... I've started to enjoy these visits too much. He thought not answering.

"So what is it today?" Leon asked looking at the teapot.

"Chai and we have Black Pearl cake from GARC." He said holding up the said chocolate espresso cake with it's white cream filling. "They only make three a day. You have to be there right at opening to get a piece." D smiled happily.

"I see that I was right in guessing that you would like that place." Leon grinned. He had ordered the cake and had it sent over that morning. The owner of the shop had owed him a favor.

"Oh yes. They have the best cakes in town."

"I did try to see if he could send you a tiramisu.. But he said there were too many orders for it. The earliest you'd be able to get one would be the year 2040."

"I know that. Been trying two years to get a whole one... it's impossible."

He poured two cups of the tea then two saucers. The two cats took spots on the table, careful not to get near the food.

"You know, this is distracting me from the case."

"A small break will not hurt." D countered smiling as he took his seat. Leon laughed.

"You know me too well."