Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ Another Victim ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Ah you are so beautiful, just like her.”
 
“Please, let me go! I'll give you anything you want!”
 
“Even your voice reminds me of her, you'll probably make love just like she did.”
 
“PLEASE NO!”
 
*struggles*
 
“Now, now, no fighting or yelling
 
Points a gun to her head*
 
You don't want me to use this. Just be still and quiet like a good girl.”
 
The woman shivers as the assailant tears off her skirt. She tries to scream, but the gun pointed at her head prevents her from any sound escaping her throat. Tears start flowing down her face as she feels him grope and grab at her.
 
I can't let him do this to me!
 
She tries to free herself from his grasp angering the attacker.
 
“Stop fighting me you bitch or the pain will be a lot worse.” The attacker's sour breath on her neck run's shivers of terror up and down her spine. His sweet eerie voice has changed to one of fury. He is intent on hurting her, there is no stopping him.
 
“Somebody help me…”
 
“It was six o'clock in the morning when she was found. Some lady was out on her morning run and discovered the body buried underneath this pile of leaves. Single gunshot wound to the back of the head, bruising and cuts all over her lower body. Clothes have been torn to shreds, bruises inside her inner thigh, underwear missing.”
 
The Medical Examiner, Dee and Ryo stood at the fallen body of the young woman. She was lying in a pile of dead leaves in Central Park. It was evident she was dead, but she laid there so peaceful, like she was asleep.
 
“So it's safe to say she's been raped huh?” Dee asked as he stared down at the body.
 
“Most likely.” The medical examiner said. “But I won't have a definite answer until I have her on the table. By the looks of things I'd say she was raped and killed sometime in the middle of the night.”
 
“Any sign of DNA on her?” Ryo asked as he held her hand searching for any sign of evidence.
 
“Some. There is something caught inside her fingernails. By the looks of it, this one put up a fight. She might have escaped, attacker got mad and bang. She might have clawed at his face or at his clothes so there might be skin or cloth remnants, again won't know for sure until I have performed an autopsy.”
 
Dee dug in her pockets and pulled out a brown leather wallet. He opened it and sighed.
 
“Name's Karen McGillis. Twenty five.” He read off of her driver's license. He inspected the pictures and saw that they were of a young woman and her family.
 
“Damn.” Dee whispered. “Too fuckin young, what was she doing out here at midnight!”
 
The medical examiner shrugged.
 
“It's October, there are probably pre-Halloween parties going on in the city. There is a faint smell of alcohol in her mouth, so she might have been at a bar. The remains of her clothes look to be a Witch's costume. Maybe on a date who was the attacker?”
 
“Maybe we can find some evidence around here?” Ryo suggested. He looked around the park. The heat from a few days before had finally disappeared and the weather began finally turning crisp. The leaves had begun falling in droves just days ago. Normally what is considered one of the most beautiful times in New York City was right now the dreariest with what Ryo and Dee had to face that morning when they got to work.
 
“I wouldn't be so sure Detectives.” The Medical Examiner said. “By the looks of things, I don't think this is where the attack took place.”
 
“You saying the body was moved?” Dee said.
 
The M.E. nodded.
 
“The way she is laid out, that isn't a woman who just got shot. Her limbs are straight, not contorted as if she just fell here.”
 
Dee pulled out a cigarette and puffed angrily as a stretcher approached the body.
 
“I'll give you a call once we get the final results.” The M.E. said as she helped the other paramedics lift the body onto the stretcher and cover her in a white blanket. Then they pushed the body into the ambulance and drive off to the morgue.
 
Dee and Ryo meanwhile inspected the crime scene.
 
“Great, another rapist on the loose!” Dee yelled. “Just what Manhattan needs, one on the streets and one below it, no one is fuckin safe!”
 
Ryo was thoughtful for a moment.
 
“Dee, is it possible that the attacker could have had the same M.O. as the subway rapist?”
 
Dee thought as he puffed away at his cigarette.
 
“I suppose.” He said. “Same threat, same attack, just not in the subway.”
 
“Might have thought twice when he saw the cops in the subway stations for the past few days.” Ryo said.
 
“Couldn't resist when he saw a vulnerable victim on the street?” Dee added.
 
“She fights him off…he follows through with his threat.” Ryo said.
“Either I rape you and run or I kill you and run, either way, your fate is in my hands.”
 
“He likes control that's for sure.”
 
Dee squashed his cigarette under his shoe and pulled out another one. Ryo gazed around the park looking for some sign of evidence even though it was slim to none. If the M.E. was right that the body had been moved, there would be no chance in finding the casing from the bullet that killed her or any sign that the rapist had even been in the park. If he had killed her in the middle of the night, the chances of being seen dropping the body off in the leaves would not have been great, even in Central Park.
 
“There are apartments around.” Dee said. “Someone had to have heard something! I mean it is Central Park, in New York City! Some rich fancy pants had to have taken their dog out for a crap or something around the time our killer was milling around. I'll call the chief and have him get some of the guys to come around and help us interview possible witnesses.”
 
“Maybe even heard a gun shot go off.” Ryo said. “Unless the killer used a silencer which is possible.”
 
“Even so.” Dee said. “He couldn't have gone too far in the middle of the carrying a dead body. We might not find the casing here, but there has got to be SOME evidence.”
 
Ryo nodded.
 
“Let's do it then.”
 
 
Four hours later the detectives of the 27th Precinct that being Dee and Ryo…Drake and JJ and Marty and Ted were huddled in a circle in Central Park.
 
“Well anything?” Dee asked. The three teams of detectives had taken the apartments that had surrounded Central Park and had investigated the apartments that faced the front and side where it was possible that a person could have heard or even see the trouble and may have mistaken the noise for just a car back firing or people yelling in the streets because they were drunk. This was Manhattan after all!
 
“Nothing Senpai.” JJ said. “Everyone at our apartment said they were asleep or none of them were home. It is a weekday so everyone is at work after all.”
 
“I had the landlord give us the names of the people we didn't find and see if we can question them at their workplace.” Drake said.
 
“Us too.” Marty said reading off his notes from the apartment he and Ted had investigated. “There is one guy were are iffy on, but he seemed like he just had a nasty hangover and just wasn't up for conversation. But we are going to keep tabs on him anyway.”
 
“What about you Dee?” Ted asked.
 
“Nothing.” Dee said angrily. “Ryo and me questioned everyone in that damn building and they said they were all sleeping. Those who were up said they heard nothing out of the ordinary!”
 
“The rookies questioned everyone at the bodegas and diners across the streets, but they were either closed or again heard nothing.” Ryo said.
 
“Damn this guy is slick!” Drake said.
 
Dee thought for a moment.
 
“Either that or their maybe someone covering for him.” He said. There is always the possibility of that.”
 
“Well, no use in jumping to conclusions yet.” Ryo said. “Let's all grab lunch at the diner over there and then check around the park some more.”
 
The detectives nodded in agreement. JJ hopped over to Dee.
 
“Wanna sit next to me Senpai!?” He asked joyfully. “We can share a plate of fries together!”
 
Dee glared at him.
 
“Right, and catch some crazy hyper midget disease!” He bellowed. “I don't think so.”
 
Ted and Marty laughed as JJ's lip quivered. Dee saw Ryo up ahead talking with Drake and ran up to him.
 
“Hey hot stuff.” He said to Ryo throwing his arm around him. “Watcha talking about!?”
 
Drake and Ryo rolled their eyes.
 
“The case.” Drake answered. “And thanks I do think I am rather good looking.”
 
“I wasn't talking to you!” Dee yelled. “I was talking to Ryo. Trust me, you ain't all that. If you were, the chicks you dated wouldn't keep dumping your sorry ass!”
 
“Hey, some women can't take the responsibility of being a cop's girlfriend!” Drake said trying to keep his dignity intact. “It's a dangerous world out there.”
 
“No, they just don't wanna take on the responsibility of mating with a bum like you! Ick…you and another little you...please don't spoil my appetite.”
 
Ryo laughed as the two friends continued to bicker. It was like that at the diner too. Dee and Drake arguing. JJ staring starry eyed at Dee. Marty and Ted talking about the latest Rangers game and so on. Ryo liked watching the spectacle as he sipped his coffee and nibbled on his corned beef sandwich. He was quiet through most of the conversation, his mind on the case, but he was included in the conversation from time to time whenever Dee and Drake needed a mediator or Marty asked about how Bikky was doing in basketball. A crazy group of detectives, but a great group of friends.
 
Just as they were finishing up their lunch, Ryo's cell went off. Being the kind gentleman that he was he excused himself from the table.
 
“Maclean.” He said when he answered.
 
“Detective.” The cold voice of Berkeley Rose responded. “I heard about the latest victim and I am calling about your progress.”
 
“Slow sir.” Ryo said. “We investigated around the park including interviewing possible witnesses at the apartments near the crime scene. Nothing concrete yet.”
 
“I see.” Rose said and paused. The silence made Ryo somewhat nervous.
 
“Is there anything else you needed to know sir?” He said. “The rest of the detectives and I are going to investigate in Central Park some more. I am also waiting on a call from the M.E. to find out the results of the autopsy. I'll be sure to keep you informed.”
 
“Yes, yes.” Rose said. “That'll be fine. Listen, do me a favor. Go back to the apartments and have the landlords give you a list of tenants who have moved out in the last few weeks or so. I want you to meet with me after you finish investigating in Central Park and we'll go over the names and the autopsy report. Maybe something will pop up.”
 
“Yes sir, I'll let Dee know as well and we'll meet you back at the office.” Ryo said.
 
“I won't be at the office by the time you are scheduled to return Maclean.” Rose answered. “I unfortunately have to meet with the Chief from the 15th and go over a cold case that has been hanging over their heads for quite sometime. It's a nicer establishment so I would prefer if Dee didn't show up. Unlike him, you have a sense of decorum and I do not like to be made a mockery out of by one of my more ill-mannered detectives.”
 
Ryo was silent. A meeting with Rose outside the precinct without Dee, that didn't sound good.
 
“I-I don't think I can meet you sir…see I have to pick Bikky up from basketball and Dee and I were going to do some planning tonight for our wed.…”
 
“I understand that family is important Detective Maclean.” Rose interrupted his voice gruffer. “But you are also part of the NYPD. With that comes certain sacrifice. It won't be a long meeting I can assure you. In fact the chief of the 15 might be able to provide some help. You can spare a few minutes out of your schedule.”
 
Ryo unfortunately couldn't argue with that.
 
“Yes sir.” He said tiredly. “Where and when.”
 
“Antonelli's at 6pm.” Rose said. “I'll look forward to seeing you there. Keep me informed on the case. Goodbye detective.”
 
CLICK
 
Ryo stared at his cell phone suddenly feeling exhausted. He didn't like the odd feeling that was surging through his veins.
 
“'Bye sir.” He said.
 
He sighed as he looked over at the five detectives making their way towards him. Now how was he going to break this one to Dee?