Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ Worried Dee ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
The alarm went off at 6am. Ryo reached over and shut it off being careful not to awaken Dee who was asleep in his arms. The sight of the sleeping detective warmed his heart. Dee looked so peaceful and so beautiful. He stroked the black locks and kissed the top of Dee's head gently. After mumbling an “I love you” Ryo gently pried Dee from his grasp and settled him back in the bed. Then he headed to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for work.
 
Dee, however, had been up long before Ryo had awoken. He sat up in bed. His heart was anxious. What was that mysterious smell on Ryo? It smelled like…cologne. His worry made it difficult to sleep, so he had dozed on and off throughout the night. But he never left Ryo's arms, as worried as he was, he felt safe in Ryo's warm embrace.
 
Fifteen minutes later, Ryo came out of the bathroom wearing a towel around his waist and smiled when he saw that Dee was up.
 
“Oh you're awake!” He said cheerfully. “I thought today would be another one of those days where I would to use the Jaws of Life to get your ass out of bed.”
 
“Nah…not today.” Dee said with a gentle smile. He motioned for Ryo to come to the bed. Ryo smiled and obliged. Dee sat up and wrapped his arms around Ryo's damp back. He looked into Ryo's tired eyes and leaned him to give him a warm good morning kiss, which Ryo gladly accepted. Ryo's tongue tasted of cold mint tantalizing Dee's senses turning the kiss more passionate. He broke his lips away from Ryo's mouth and began kissing his neck. Meanwhile, his hands reached in and began undoing the towel around Ryo's waist.
 
“Dee…” Ryo said reluctantly. “As much as I am enjoying this…we don't…ahh…have time.”
 
“Fuck time.” Dee said huskily as his brought his lips down to Ryo's chest. “We can be late for once.”
 
“No we can't Dee…not with our track record.” Ryo argued gently pulling Dee away. “Plus I need to wake up Bikky for school. I owe him for not picking him up from b-ball practice and him having to walk home.”
 
“He can wait too.” Dee said almost annoyingly throwing the towel away from Ryo and letting his kisses move dangerously low.
 
“Dee…I mean it!” Ryo said angrily. He regretted it the moment he saw the look on Dee's face. It spoke of anger and hurt.
 
“Dee…I...” Ryo started.
 
“Forget it!” Dee yelled. He got out of bed and marched into the bathroom slamming the door shut. Ryo sat down on the bed and sighed while Dee, in the bathroom, slid down the door.
 
`What happened last night Ryo?' He thought sadly.
 
Dee and Ryo got to work on time as Ryo had hoped. Dee was quiet the whole ride there. Ryo hated it when Dee was silent. It meant he wasn't just angry, he was furious. But it was just important they'd get to work on time. Of course he wanted to spend the morning making love to Dee, but they had other responsibilities. Besides, foregoing sex once in a blue moon was worth it not getting an earful of the Chief's angry cussing.
 
They headed into the precinct and sat down at their adjoined desk. Ryo plugged his cell phone into the charger he kept at his desk while Dee turned on his computer and checked his email. Everyone around them could sense a bit of hostility in the air as the two were not the jovial couple they usually were, even at an ungodly hour in the morning. It got worse when Berkeley walked in.
 
“Morning, gentleman.” He said tiredly. Everyone nodded and mumbled morning as Rose headed towards his office. Dee saw him and Rose couldn't help smirking as he stopped at their desk.
 
“Here is the report from last night Maclean.” He said handing Ryo the file. “Thank you for going over it with me.”
 
“No problem sir.” Ryo said nonchalantly. Dee however was seething and Rose sensed it.
 
`Good.' He thought. `Now you know how I feel Laytner.'
 
“By the way Ryo.” Rose continued. “Thank you for staying with me last night. I feel much better thanks to you.”
 
Ryo grinned nervously.
 
“You're welcome sir.” He said. “You should bring your medicine to work so if it happens again you'll be prepared.”
 
“I'll remember that.” Rose said. “Keep up the good work. You too Laytner.”
 
Dee was unresponsive, but he was shaking with anger. Rose finally went into his office and closed the door.
 
“WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!” Dee erupted slamming his fists on the desk. Ryo was shocked and tried to remain calm.
 
“Dammit Dee calm down.” He said adjusting the papers that had flown off during Dee's explosion. The other detectives in the room had heard him, but they also knew Dee and knew that he had a short fuse. They went back to work momentarily, but kept their ears perked up just in case there was anything REALLY juicy.
 
“No I won't.” Dee said a bit more quietly. “Not until you tell me what happened last night!”
 
Ryo sighed, cautious of the eyes that darted back and forth to Dee and him. He hated it when Dee got like this, especially before the two had to go out on assignment. It meant that Dee was going to be rude during the interview. Before they had left work that day Ryo had quickly skimmed the list of the prior tenants of one of the apartments and got a hit in the police database. They were going to investigate that today.
 
“Can we discuss it when we have a bit more privacy?!” Ryo whispered. “We are in the middle of work right now and we have to go out and question a possible suspect. We'll discuss it after, alright!?”
 
Ryo got up and walked calmly out of the office while Dee watched him angrily. Ryo was hiding something and it bothered the hell out of him. What was worse the way Rose was acting so damn smug. What did that bastard do?
 
The interview turned out to be a possible lead. The tenant they had questioned had had a prior sexual assault conviction and he was none too pleased that the cops were knocking on his door again and made that clear when Dee and Ryo questioned him.
 
“Look shithead, enough with the smart mouth.” Dee said angrily after the suspect had made a none to nice comment about stupid pigs never leaving him alone. “Just answer our question. Where were you 2 nights ago?”
 
“I was here watching TV.” John Avery (the suspect) said annoyed. “What you think I would be out doing anything? You damn pigs's locked me in the slammer for two years for something some bitch lied about. Then make me get those damn shots to keep me from getting laid! I haven't been `up' for the past six months.”
 
“That bitch as you say was a fifteen year old girl on her way home from school before you attacked her.” Ryo answered back. “She suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because of it. So count your blessings because by the looks of it, you got off with barely a slap on the wrist.”
 
“Yeah loser.” Dee said. “You got anyone who can account to you being here.”
 
“I live alone.” John said. “So no I can't. But I can assure you I was here all night, watching TV before going to sleep. I had a phone call last night from my brother and that was it. So you can check everything. I got nothing to hide.”
 
“Oh we will.” Ryo said. “So don't try any tricks with us. And speaking of tricks, I am surprised you can afford such a nice place here. What with your past and all?”
 
“What can I say?” He said. “My family forked out for me. After those two years in Rikers they didn't want me to suffer.”
 
“Don't be surprised we interview your so called family.” Dee said.
 
“Yeah, yeah.” Avery answered. “Can you please leave now? I have to get ready for work.”
 
“Yes Mr. Avery.” Ryo said. “That will be all, but trust me if anything seedy comes up and it has your name on it, we will be back.”
 
The suspect sneered and slammed the door as Dee and Ryo left.
 
“Well that went well.” Dee said. “That guy is a creep.”
 
“He was pretty mouthy and fidgety during the interview.” Ryo said as they headed down to the car. “We should talk to his parole officer. I wouldn't be surprised if he has something to hide.”
 
Dee hmphed as he got into the car and lit a cigarette.
 
“Speaking of having something to hide.” He said turning to Ryo. “We're alone, interview is over, spill it. What happened with you and Rose last night?”
 
Ryo started the car and sighed.
 
“Can't this wait till after work?” He asked. It was almost noon and he was hungry. It had been a trying interview and beforehand they had re-investigated the areas further down Central Park to find any evidence. Again nothing. Ryo didn't feel like having a spoiled appetite during one of Dee's more tumultuous moments.
 
“If you got nothing to hide, why should it wait?” Dee asked a sharp tone in his voice.
 
“Touché.” Ryo said and turned off the engine. “Alright…before you go crazy…nothing happened…I gave him the report…the chief from the 15 didn't show up.”
 
“How did I know?” Dee said sarcastically. Ryo glared as he continued.
 
“He ordered dinner for me. I ate because I was hungry…had very little wine…barely talked through the whole meal. He got a migraine and I took him home because he was in no shape to drive. I gave him his prescription…talked for a bit…went home…that's it.”
 
Dee cocked an eyebrow as the two were silent for a moment.
 
“Don't bullshit a bullshitter Ryo.” Dee said.
 
“What!?” Ryo argued. “It's the truth!”
 
“The day Berkeley Rose has a moment alone without putting his hands on you, is the day I go without getting yelled at by the Chief.” Dee said. “There is more that you are not telling me. I can tell by the way your eyes keep looking all over the place.”
 
Ryo sighed. Dee was good like that. He was pretty transparent at times.
 
“Look, I really don't want to discuss it right now.” Ryo said. “We still have work to do and I don't want us to be angry like this. Just trust me…okay?”
 
Dee growled. “We were supposed to plan our wedding last night ya know?”
 
“I know Dee, and I'm sorry. You were asleep when I got in. I would have called, but my cell was dead. I should have charged it, but we were out on foot all day yesterday.”
 
“There is such thing as a payphone or you could have called me at Rose's.”

Ryo sighed as he drove the car back to the precinct.
 
“I know…I'm a dummy…but I figured you might have been asleep and so was Bikky. I didn't want to wake either one of you.”
 
“Yeah…god forbid spoil the moment if Rose was in the middle of fornicating with you to call home!”
 
Ryo turned to Dee angrily.
 
“How dare you assume that?!” He yelled. “Nothing happened!”
 
Dee was furious now.
 
“Liar!” He yelled. “I was awake when you came home. You stank of him! That creep touched you didn't he!?”
 
Ryo was also furious as he pulled the car over.
 
“It's none of your damn business!” He yelled, but immediately regretted it.
 
“Oh really?! And by the way Rosie was smiling this morning, he enjoyed it. No bruise like last time. You let him touch you! You enjoyed it…didn't you!?” Dee said. He hated his words, but he was so mad he couldn't see or think straight.
Ryo didn't say a thing. He was too upset and was afraid whatever would come out of his mouth would make Dee angrier. He wasn't afraid of Dee. Dee was never an abusive man, or duh, he wouldn't be with him. The thing he feared was losing him.
 
“Nothing happened.” Ryo murmured quietly. “I thought you trusted me.”
 
Dee breathed hard and pulled out a cigarette.
 
“Not when you come home smelling of him.” Dee said.
 
Ryo stared at the ground.
 
“Rose kissed me…yes.” Ryo finally said. “I let him. That's why I smell of him because he held me so tight. He told me how much he cared about me. When I looked into his eyes, it wasn't like before. He was genuinely a depressed man. I felt sorry for him. That's why I let him. I didn't kiss him back. I didn't want to.”
 
Dee's heart sank when he heard those words.
 
`You let him kiss you.'
 
“It was a mistake.” Ryo continued. “I know. But retaliating like I did before wouldn't seem right. He loves me…but I don't love him…I love you. He's just an unhappy man and I just…I don't know what I was thinking.”
 
Dee couldn't take it anymore. Tears were stinging his eyes.
 
“So now anytime you feel sorry for someone you're just going to let them have their way with you!?” He said unhappily.
 
“Dee…” Ryo said putting his hand on Dee's arm. Dee jerked back. “I didn't let Rose have his way with me. He wanted to, but I didn't let him. I let him kiss me because it would be the last time I ever let him touch me. I'm marrying you…and I want the past behind us.”
 
“Pfft…marrying me?” Dee said shakily. “How can I marry you if everytime you're out with someone I am not too fond of…like Rose…that I won't be able to trust you.”
 
“Dee!” Ryo argued. “I didn't sleep with him!”
 
“You would have!” Dee yelled. “If he had laid the “I'm so pitiful act” just a little more you would have been in his bed!”
 
“How can you say that?!” Ryo said trying to fight off the tears coming to his eyes. “I know what I did was wrong…but you must believe me!”
 
Dee turned to him. Ryo's heart fell when he saw the tears streaking Dee's face.
 
“Fuck you!” He yelled and got out of the car.
 
“Dee where are you going!?” Ryo yelled.
 
“None of your damn business!” He yelled back as Ryo tried to catch up with him. “Leave me the hell alone!”
“Dee please?!” Ryo yelled as he caught up to him. He grabbed Dee's arm and pulled him to face him. The look on Ryo's face was genuine fear.
 
“Please don't be angry with me.” Ryo said trying to put his hand on Dee's face. “I love you. I don't love Rose. I want to marry you! I want to be your husband! I know what I did was wrong…and I am so sorry for hurting you.” He wrapped his arms around Dee and held him tightly.
 
“I don't want to lose you, never ever. Please don't hate me.” He whispered tearfully.
 
Dee had to admit Ryo was being pretty brave right now. Admitting his wrong doings and his love for Dee in a very public place. Ryo was often very shy when it came to the public knowing about their relationship, but now he was being the bigger man. That had to mean something.
 
Dee gently pushed Ryo away.
 
“I need sometime to think.” He said calmly. “Just let me be for now…go back to the precinct or go home or whatever okay? I'll see you when I see you.”
 
Before he could turn away Ryo grabbed his arm again.
 
“Please tell me you are coming home tonight.” He said. “I don't want to be without you.”
 
“I'll see.” Dee said and walked away disappearing into the crowds of the New York City streets leaving a tearful Ryo behind.