Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ Sad Man ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ryo glanced at his watch as he drove the commissioner back to his apartment. It was going on hour three. He knew Dee was gonna be pissed. He glanced over at the commissioner. He was quiet as he stared at the window of the passenger seat. He had taken off his glasses and now his eyes were closed as he took in the cool breeze that came in through the half open window. Ryo sighed, he hoped Dee would understand.
 
“Okay, just gonna get the commissioner into his place and then leave. Yuh huh, easy as can be.” He thought nervously.
 
“Turn there.” Berkeley said and soon they came upon a high rise apartment in a nicer part of the city. It wasn't glamorous, but most likely cost a bundle for a studio.
 
Ryo parked the car in the visitor's area and got out. Rose stood out and tried to walk, his step a little wobbly as they approached the lobby, so Ryo kept an eye on him. After a quick elevator trip up to the fifth floor, they soon reached Rose's apartment.
 
“If you don't mind sir?” Ryo said as Rose put the key into the lock. “I'll be getting home now.”
 
He turned his back, but Rose caught his arm.
 
“Please Randy, this may seem forward of me, but would you mind keeping me company for just a little while. My head is just killing me and I just would like someone there with me…to just…get my mind off the pain.”
 
Ryo bit his lip. But the look on Rose's face seemed genuine enough. It spoke truly of someone in pain.
 
“Alright, let me just help you in and make sure you can fare for yourself.”
 
`I'll call Dee when I come out besides I am only an hour late.'
 
Berkeley opened the door and they walked in. He flopped down onto a large couch and removed his coat and tie. Ryo hung in the doorway nervously. He didn't like the dark, not with Berkeley Rose. He hunted around for a light switch.
 
“DON'T TURN ON THE LIGHT!” Rose yelled suddenly from the couch making Ryo's hand jump back from a light switch.
 
“But sir..it's really dark in here and wouldn't be easier to get around with the lights on?” Ryuo asked nervously
 
“Sorry Randy.” Rose said. “It's just…the pain gets worse when the light is on here. I didn't mean to yell at you.”
 
The two were silent for a moment. Ryo's eyes wandered around the apartment. It was a small one bedroom. Nothing really fancy, few paintings on the walls, some small sculptures on a stands, and some pictures of people he didn't recognize except Diana decorating tables that also had books. The furniture was pretty basic as well, at least by what he could make out in the living room.
 
“Randy?” Berkeley's voice rang out.
 
“Sir?” Ryo answered.
 
“Could you go into the bathroom there?” He pointed to a small bathroom on the right. “I have some medicine in the cabinet. It's the prescription bottle.”
 
“Of course.” Ryo said and walked into the bathroom. Nothing fancy in there either with the exception of an electric razor and contact lenses holders. He opened the cabinet door and pulled out the small orange bottle.
 
“Imitrex.” He read aloud. Remembering the TV commercial, Ryo realized that the commissioner suffered from migraines.
 
“Well explains why he didn't want me to turn on the light.” He said to himself. He took the bottle and walked into the kitchen and pulled out glass to fill with water. He returned to Berkeley who was lying on his back with his hand over his head.
 
“Here.” Ryo said gently handing a tablet and water to his superior.
 
“Thank you.” Berkeley said taking the medicine and water.
 
“Are you feeling any better sir?” Ryo said after Rose had finished the water.
 
“A little.” Rose said. “It takes awhile to kick in.”
 
“I didn't know you suffered from migraines sir.” Ryo said quietly.
 
Rose humphed.
 
“There's a lot you don't know about me detective.” Rose answered. “I'm a very private man.”
 
“No kidding.” Ryo said with a smile. “I didn't even know you wore contacts.”
 
Rose smiled back realizing that Ryo had seen the contact lenses case on the bathroom sink.
 
“Those are just when I go undercover.” He said. “I'm harder to recognize without my glasses.”
 
“Ah.” Ryo answered.
 
“Maybe I should wear them more often?” Rose asked.
 
Ryo shrugged.
 
“Maybe.”
 
Rose gazed at Ryo. The moonlight hit on the honey blonde's face and the commissioner was mesmerized. He had nearly forgotten about his pounding headache. Just the fact that the detective, even though held some animosity for him, was still kind enough to help him out when he was suffering warmed his heart. The beauty that shone on the pale skin and the sparkling midnight eyes aroused him in ways no other man or woman could. And Diana HAD TRIED!
 
Rose sat up after a few moments.
 
“It's going away now.” He said. “The wine and the case is probably what caused it. Thank you Ryo for helping me. I can see why you were asked to join the 27th, you are the caring heart that joke of a precinct needed.”
 
Ryo blushed.
 
“I appreciate the compliment sir, thank you.” He got up. “I really must be going now.”
 
“So close…” Rose thought. “Wait Ryo!”
 
“Yessir?”
 
Rose stood up shakily. Ryo watched him carefully.
 
“Really sir take it easy, you just had a bad migraine.” Ryo said caringly. “You should really just go to bed.”
 
`Would you join me there? Rose thought. `I want nothing more then to make you mine right here…right now.'
 
Rose gazed into Randy's midnight eyes. He hated what he saw. That love for Dee Laytner. That devotion. Why couldn't Ryo feel that for him?
 
“Sir, were you going to say something.” Ryo asked nervously. “Otherwise I'll leave now.”
 
`No, don't leave yet, just let me…'
 
“Ryo…” The Commissioner whispered as he leaned in. Ryo's scent overtook his senses as he placed a soft kiss on the detective's lips.
 
Ryo froze. He didn't know what to do. The Commissioner's arms wrapped around his back and pulled him close. He could smell the sweat and the wine and the musky cologne of the commissioner. Instinct had once made him punch the commissioner the first time he had tripped him and then kissed him. It wasn't a nice kiss, it was…forceful…almost mean.
 
But now as the Commissioner massaged his lips with his own, not even forcing his tongue down Ryo's throat like last time was strange. It was a kiss like a teenager would do…asking for the attention of the one he was kissing. This was the kiss of a man wanting that attention. It was…sad…to Ryo…so he didn't retaliate…nor kiss back.
 
Finally Rose pulled away and stared into Ryo's eyes. The sad look of a man asking for love made Ryo want to cry.
 
“Ryo…” Berkeley said as he caressed the soft cheek. “Do you have any idea how beautiful you are? How much I feel for you?”
 
Ryo didn't respond as Berkeley took his hand in his.
 
“I can be a cold hearted bastard…I know that…but if you got to know me better…like you are now…there is so much I can give you…if you let me.”
 
`Dee said the same thing.' Ryo thought. `When he proposed to me.'
 
Rose leaned in for another kiss.
 
“Be mine tonight.” He said. “Even if it has to end in the morning and we have to back to being what we were before this…just please…let me show you how much I feel for you…let me make love to you tonight.”
 
Ryo froze as another kiss was planted on his mouth.
 
Dee lay in bed tossing and turning. It was nearing 11pm. Three hours past the time Ryo said he would be home. Dee had tried aimlessly to reach Ryo's cell phone, but kept getting the damn voicemail, which meant that it had died because Ryo NEVER turned his cell off for fear that if Bikky needed him he would be reached. At least he knew that much…but whatever the hell else was going on…he didn't know and it was bugging him.
 
“DAMMIT ROSE YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR HANDS OF RYO IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!”
 
He struggled in the sheets. He was tempted to call the precinct to get Rose's home phone number, but he knew that would be like pulling teeth. Everyone cowered under Rose. But Dee, if it meant keeping Ryo away from scum like Rose he would gladly give up his badge. His life if need be. His love for Ryo knew no bounds, no fears.
 
 
Dee sighed going back to his original thought about how he could get in a hold of Rose's number. The only person who didn't fear Rose, Diana Spacey, as luck would have it had changed her cell phone number and Dee didn't have her LA home one. It was pissing him off. To top it off, he REALLY had wanted to plan their wedding that night, and now thanks to Rose it was ruined.
 
Dee was about to get up and have a cigarette when he heard the front door open and shut. Against better judgment he decided not to pounce on Ryo and question him. He wanted to trust Ryo and that is what he was going to give him. He turned on his side and pretended to be asleep. A few moments later, Ryo walked in. Dee figured Ryo went to check on Bikky first and then come to bed. Luckily the brat had nodded off an hour ago.
 
“Dee baby?” Ryo asked quietly. “Dee didn't respond as the figure neared him and sat down on the side of the bed next to him. Dee felt soft fingertips moving his hair out of his face.
 
“I love you.” Ryo said and placed a warm kiss on Dee's cheek. “I'm sorry I am so late…I was going to call but my cell died. Everything is alright…we'll plan our wedding tomorrow…I can't wait to be your husband…sweet dreams.”
 
He placed another kiss on Dee's cheek and headed over to his dresser to change. Screw brushing his teeth or taking a shower he'd do it in the morning. He was too damn tired and right now all he wanted to do was get into bed and hold the man he loved in his arms.
 
Ryo buttoned a pajama shirt, pulled on matching pants and climbed into bed. Being careful not to wake Dee he pulled his lover onto his chest and stroked his hair. Dee however was awake for everything.
 
“I love you Dee.” Ryo said with a yawn. Within moments he was asleep.
 
“I love you too Ryo.” Dee whispered as he listened to the gentle beat of Ryo's heart. But Dee was not feeling right. Ryo's scent was not just his own. There was another scent…someone else's scent on Ryo's skin.