Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ Initial Plans ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A week later, the 27th Precinct was nowhere near to closing the serial rapist/murder case. Dee and Ryo kept tabs on John Avery, the suspect they questioned who gave them major attitude, but so far he remained on his best behavior. A few leads here and there came to dead ends. The case was inching closer and closer to the cold case files, but Dee and Ryo were determined to catch him. Tensions were high at the 27th, but regardless Dee and Ryo tried not to bring it home. After all they had a wedding to plan and Ryo and Bikky were due to move into Dee's apartment building that weekend. Dee could hardly contain himself as Ryo and Bikky started hauling boxes up to the new apartment. Dee had previously moved all of his things up to the new apartment a few days before, bit by bit right after work and now seeing Ryo and Bikky add their things to the apartment made it all the more…home like.
 
“Hey perv quit staring and start helping!” Bikky yelled as he hauled another box to his new room.
 
Dee shook his head and watched as Ryo laughed as he put some of his books in Dee's bookshelf. Dee approached Ryo and put his hand on his shoulder.
 
“You bring the bed?” He whispered.
 
Ryo smiled.
 
“Yep.” He said as he put his hand on Dee's. Dee was referring to the large bed that Ryo had. It was a large king that had previously belonged to his parents. It was adorned with a beautiful headboard and big fluffy pillows. Dee loved it because it had plenty of room to roll around when he and Ryo were in the mood. Ryo loved it because the two didn't need to fight for room or for blankets.
 
“You sure you don't wanna keep your bed in here?” Ryo asked he entered the bedroom.
 
Dee smiled.
 
“Nah…we can keep it that closet the landlord calls a guestroom.” Dee said. Along with the addition of the room for Bikky, Dee and Ryo had opted for an extra room that the landlord offered at a price lower than the actual rent after a long drawn out argument with Dee. The landlord was just glad that Dee had decided to stay the building at all since many new tenants were hard to find since rent in New York City was a joke.
 
“Or what may turn into a kid's room one day.” Ryo added with a smile. Dee had told him that Mother Maria had wishes for a grandchild one day and Ryo, an avid lover of kids, felt the same, he wanted to add on to his little family one day.
 
Dee laughed.
 
“You telling me you want to be like the celebrities and bypass the marriage and go straight to the kids?”
 
Ryo laughed along.
 
“Sorry, I'm an ole fashioned guy.” Ryo said. “Marriage first then the baby carriage.”
 
“Yeah.” Dee agreed. “Besides I don't want a baby crying while we are trying to consummate our marriage.”
 
Ryo reached around and hugged Dee.
 
“But I do want a family with you.” He said. “A little baby or babies that you and I can adopt and raise as our own. A little part of us.”
 
“It won't be our blood though.” Dee said sadly. “It won't look like anyone of us.”
 
Ryo smiled.
 
“Blood is nothing compared to love.” He said. “And we would love it more than anything in this world. And you see the differences between how me and Bikky look and I still love him as my own son. He's mine and no one can ever change and once we are married he will be yours as well.”
 
“ICK!” A voice erupted. “ME PART PERV!! GAAAH RYO!? I DON'T THINK SO!”
 
Dee smirked as Bikky stood in the door.
 
“Better believe it monkey brat.” Dee said. “Once a ring is on this finger, you will refer to me as BIG DADDY and you're position as man of the house will be demoted to slave!”
 
Bikky covered his ears and made a gagging noise.
 
“HELL NO!” The boy yelled. “RYO I AM NOT GONNA BE SLAVE TO THE PERV!”
 
Ryo rolled his eyes.
 
“Go continue unpacking you two.” He said. “We got two beds we have to move as well.”
 
“Hello!” A new voice sounded out. The three turned and the sweet face of Carol, Bikky's best friend/girlfriend appeared.
“Need anymore help boys?” She said with a smile. “Bikky told me today was moving day. I brought Lai and Lass as well.”
 
Ryo smiled as Lai and Lass appeared behind her.
 
“More the merrier.” He said. “You three can help Bikky unpack his room, and then you can give Dee and me a hand when we start moving the beds.
 
“Hope you brought latex gloves.” Bikky said. “I'd hate to think what perv germs are living on Dee's mattress.”
 
Dee glared, picked up a pillow and threw it at Bikky.
 
“BACK TO WORK SLAVE OR BIG DADDY WILL LOCK YOU IN THE CLOSET FOR THE NIGHT!”
 
“Big Daddy?” The three teenagers looked at Dee. Ryo just sighed.
 
“Don't ask.” He said.
 
The four teens left, well Bikky of course didn't leave without flipping the finger to Dee. Ryo smiled.
 
“Come on, let me beat him up!” Dee begged Ryo. “I won't hurt him… much…Please!”
 
Ryo cocked and eyebrow.
 
“Like the way you beat up Renard Henry?” He asked referring to the criminal back when they were on vacation in England. “I don't think so.”
 
Dee pouted.
 
“You're no fun.”
 
Ryo giggled as he threw his arms around Dee's waist.
 
“Says you.” He said. “I seem to remember that last night you didn't think that way.”
 
Dee shivered remembering how Ryo had seduced him the last night in Ryo's apartment and basically made their mark in almost every room in the apartment, with the exception of Bikky's at Ryo's insistence. Dee had wanted to, but Ryo feared the worst of the boy walking in on them and having a huge, rightful fit of the two men going at it on his bed.
 
“Ooo.” Dee said. “Don't get me excited. Unless you telling me you wanna lock the door and go for a final quickie on my bed.”
 
Ryo grinned as he tightened his arms around Dee.
 
“Well, when you put it that waaaay.” Ryo said and Dee moved in for a kiss, but before he could Ryo gave him a playful smack on his butt!
 
“Back to work horndog!” He said with a laugh. “Organize now, playtime later!”
 
Dee gaped at Ryo as he reached over and grabbed another pillow off the bed.
 
“Oh you'll pay for that Maclean!” He yelled as Ryo laughed and ran out of the room just as Dee chased after him into the living room. Ryo quickly grabbed another pillow off the couch and attacked just as Dee pinned him.
 
“You don't have a chance Laytner!” Ryo yelled just as the pillow smacked him on the head. “What is that all you got!?”
Dee growled and attacked again as Ryo rolled off of the couch and jumped on Dee's back and smacked him again. Dee laughed hard as he twirled the older man on his back.
 
“Hey I thought you were always the bottom!” Dee yelled as sat down on the couch with Ryo clutching his back.
 
“AHHHH!” Ryo yelled as Dee squished the two of them and tried to smack him again.
 
“Why Ryo is that your keys in your pocket or are you just glad to see me!?”
 
Ryo continued to laugh as Dee turned his body around so he was straddling Ryo's hips. The two detectives laughed at each other at their disheveled hair and red faces. Dee leaned in and placed a breathless kiss on Ryo's mouth.
 
“I love you.” He said.
 
“I love you too.” Ryo said with a laugh.
 
Dee was about to kiss Ryo again when he felt something hard smack his head.
 
“What the…”
 
“Hey I am not going to be the only one unpacking the apartment. Move your ass you lazy queer!”
 
Dee growled at the all too familiar voice of Bikky. Carol, Lai, and Lass were standing behind them nearly doubled over with laughter at the look of the two detectives.
 
Next thing Bikky knew he was pulled into a headlock and Dee began smacking him with a pillow. The three teens laughed, but stopped when they saw Ryo looking at them quite sneakily as he grasped another pillow.
 
“Oh and you three think you'll get off so easily?” He said.
 
“Don't you dare Ryo?” Lass said as she back up behind Lai. But Lai stood his ground as he adjusted his cap.
 
“Bring it on cop!” He said and tackled Ryo as the two began to wrestle.
 
Carol and Lass looked at their boyfriends as they wrestled the cops and apparently losing as Dee held Bikky on the floor with his arm behind his back while Ryo had Lai in a headlock.
 
“Men.” The two girls murmured shaking their heads.
 
 
Later on found Ryo and Dee sitting at their kitchen table sipping on coffee and looking over brochures and printed internet pages on ideas for their wedding. Bikky and the teens had gone off to the movies and pizza. Rewards from Ryo and Dee from helping them unpack most of the apartment. Now with the place to themselves they could plan their wedding with no interruption. They knew exactly where they wanted to hold the ceremony that was no question. They had both agreed that the best place to pledge their commit to one another was where the two realized their love in the first place. Between the two trees at a nearby park where they had apprehended their first criminal together. Dee had kissed Ryo there for the very first time. They had cemented their commitment to one another as NYPD partners and now they were cementing their partnership for life. Now they just had to figure out everything else.
 
“Oh Dee, this looks really nice.” Ryo said holding a brochure about unity candles. “Not too expensive and they would be a nice piece to the ceremony.”
 
Dee looked it over.
 
“Ehh…it is…but I think since we are having it outside at daytime it'd be hard for everyone to see. Plus if its windy, they could blow out. I'm not a fan of karma.”
 
Ryo laughed.
 
“What, they blow out and you think that's gonna be our marriage?”
 
Dee raised an eyebrow.
 
“Maybe.”
 
Ryo smiled and placed a warm kiss on Dee's neck.
 
“You worry too much, but you're probably right about the candles and being outside. Maybe we can do that at the reception.”
 
“Maybe…speaking of which, any idea of where you wanna hold it?”
 
Ryo put his chin in his hands.
 
“No place over the top.” He said. “A hotel ballroom would be nice. That way we can book a room there for the night.”
 
Dee smirked.
 
“The honeymoon suite hopefully. I plan to make the most of our first night as a married couple.”
 
Ryo smiled.
 
“Oh really?”
 
Dee grinned and moved closer to Ryo.
 
“Definitely.” He said. “I want us to have a room with a big bathtub and a bed where I can have my way with you in more places than one!”
 
“Insatiable.” Ryo said with a blush as he picked up another brochure.
 
“Damn straight.” Dee said with a smile as he surfed the web on his laptop.
 
“Carol's aunt is going to take Lass and Carol to a shop for matching dresses for the wedding. Ryo said. “I want the girls to stand with us at the wedding. We can take Bikky and Lai to get out tuxedos.”
 
“Yeesh.” Dee asked. “Think we can afford that?”
 
Ryo smiled.
 
“That's why we opened that savings account at the bank.” He said. “Remember, every little bit of cash we can spare after the bills, Bikky's college fund, and the rent, goes into the wedding account.”
 
“Oh goody.” Dee said. “By this time next month there will be twenty bucks in the account.”
 
Ryo eyed him.
 
“It bugs you that Mother Maria is also helping with the funds isn't it?” Ryo said.
 
Dee sighed.
 
“Yeah.” He put his chin in his hands. “She has given me so much and now our wedding!? God the woman doesn't stop.”
 
Ryo put his arm around Dee.
 
“We tried to talk her out of it, but she threatened to pull both of our ears if we didn't let her provide some of the funds. She just wants to make sure you have a wedding you will always remember. She just wants the best for you.”
 
Dee took his hand.
 
“The best for us.” He said. “Remember you're gonna be her son too soon.”
 
Ryo smiled.
 
“I can't wait.” The two hugged and kissed for a few minutes, but put their hormones on hold to keep planning their wedding.
 
“Hey we still gotta tell your aunt and uncle your getting hitched.” Dee said.
 
Ryo nodded.
 
“Elena and Rick are back from Africa. They had some nasty jetlag when I last spoke to them, but they should be up now for a visit.”
 
There was a look of worry in Ryo's eyes.
 
“You nervous about telling them?” Dee asked.
 
Ryo sighed.
 
“I'm not too worried.” He said. “They know you mean a lot to me. And they are pretty open minded people. I did tell them you and I were together and they were okay with it.”
 
Dee smiled.
 
“Yeah your aunt and uncle are good people.” He said. After they had become a couple, Dee and Ryo together told Elena (Ryo's father's little sister) and her husband Rick that they were a couple. At first husband and wife were quiet. But when Ryo told them how happy he was with Dee and how Dee proclaimed how much he cherished Ryo, the look of love in the two men's eyes and knew that Ryo being happy was the most important thing that mattered.
 
Ryo was quiet for a moment.
 
“What are you thinking about?” Dee asked.
 
“About my parents.” Ryo responded. “I wonder how they would react if they were still alive today and knew that I was marrying a man.”
 
Dee rubbed Ryo's shoulder.
 
“They would probably grill the hell out of me making sure I was intent on marrying you for all the right reasons. If they raised such a remarkable, understanding son like you, they were probably remarkable themselves.”
 
Ryo grinned.
 
“Yeah they were.” He said. “But still I was their only child. I often wonder if they had that whole white picket fence dream of me having a good career, a wife, 2 kids and a dog.”
 
“If they wanted that so bad they could have had another child.” Dee said annoyingly, but regretted it when he saw the sad look on Ryo's face.
 
“They wanted to.” He said quietly. “But when I was five my mother had a benign tumor the size of a grapefruit on her uterus and she had to have a hysterectomy.”
 
“Oh hey Ryo…” Dee said feeling really guilty. “I didn't mean to…”
 
Ryo shook his head.
 
“It's fine.” He said. “They always told me that I was their pride and joy, but I think a part of them wanted to have another child, especially as I got older and became more independent. I guess that's how I feel about Bikky and him growing up and leaving.”
 
Dee put his face on Ryo's cheek.
 
“We'll have our family one day.” He said. “One day there is going to be a baby, our baby, in those arms of yours.”
 
Ryo smiled a little as Dee placed a warm kiss on his lips.
 
“Okay Daddy Dee.” Ryo said. “Now keep looking. We still have our wedding to plan.”
 
Dee laughed.
 
“Aye Aye Cap'n” He said.
 
By the end of the night, Ryo and Dee had set half of the wedding plans, including the date, and would call all the appropriate vendors the next day on their lunch break at work. By the time they hit the sheets, tired and happy; they had a positive outlook on the life they were soon going to have together.