Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ Musical Ephiphanies and Sweet Rewards ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This chapter features lyrics from songs that I wish I owned, but didn't because I can't write music. On that note if I owned FAKE I would be the happiest woman alive. Who wouldn't want to own Dee and Ryo!? But alas I don't because I can't draw for shit either. Anyway…the artists and the songs in order of appearance are Darren Hayes: Hold Me, Howie Day: Collide, Sade: Sweetest Taboo, Goo Goo Dolls: Iris, Enrique Iglesias: Addicted, Lifehouse: You and Me, and Rob Thomas: Ever the Same. ENJOY!
 
 
 
Ryo watched the stars twinkling in the night sky. He sipped on his wine and try to mellow out, letting the music on his portable CD player be the only thing racing through his mind. But he couldn't stop thinking about Dee, especially when he realized that the CD he was listening to was actually a collection of love songs Dee had burned off of his computer. The music made him long for his lover more, but he didn't have the heart to turn it off as the music reminded him of better times with Dee, whether it was just lying in his arms on a lazy Sunday morning or making passionate love in the middle of a dark night. He took another sip of wine and tilted his head back, singing quietly along with the music.
 
I might need you to hold me tonight
I might need you to say it's alright
I might need you to make the first stand
Because tonight i'm finding it hard to be your man
 
Meanwhile Dee was pacing outside of Ryo's apartment nervously practicing his dialogue.
 
“Ryo baby…I am sooo sorry…nah!”
 
Pace
 
“Ryo my darling, please forgive me! GAAAH NO TOO MUSHY!”
 
Pace
 
“Ryo I'm sorry I'm such an idiot…now lets forgive, forget, and fuck…IDIOT!” Dee smacked his head. “THAT'S TOO ME!”
 
Finally Dee knocked on the door. Closing his eyes tightly, he felt the rush of the air as the door opened.
 
“FORGIVE ME!” He yelled.
 
“You call that an apology!?” Said a voice. “God you are as stupid as you are ugly.”
 
“HUH!?” Dee responded cracking open one eye. Realizing he wasn't staring into the beautiful face of his Ryo, but rather the top of Bikky's blonde head made Dee's shoulders slump.
 
“Oh great.” He murmured.
 
Bikky crossed his arms.
 
“That's all you gotta say perv face?” Bikky said. “I should just throw your sorry ass out before Ryo sees you.”
 
“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Dee said. “Like you have the capability you annoying midget.”
 
“Ryo is really unhappy right now and since he won't tell me what it's about, of course I figured it was something YOU did, bastard.”
 
Dee growled. If this day wasn't bad enough, now he had to get an earful of Bikky's smart mouth.
 
“JUST TELL ME WHERE RYO IS BABOON BOY!” Dee yelled.
 
Bikky huffed.
 
“Like I would tell you.” He said smartly.
 
Dee glared and gently pushed Bikky out of his way as he entered the apartment.
 
“RYO! HEY RYO!” Dee yelled checking the rooms.
 
Bikky watched with a smirk as he watched Dee fail miserably.
 
“As you can see, Ryo's not here.” He said mockingly.
 
“Well where is he then!?” Dee asked growing angrier by the second.
 
Bikky grinned further.
 
“Well you know me and my teenaged brain, I tend to forget things rather easily.”
 
Dee knew where this was going.
 
“Nah uh…no way punk.”
 
Bikky yawned.
 
“No problem…let Ryo stay mad at you…I'm just going to hit the ole sleep sack!”
 
He sauntered off towards his bedroom, but was stopped when he felt Dee's hand holding his shoulder.
 
“A buck.”
 
“Pfft…you think I am stupid?”
 
“Yes.” Dee said.
 
“To bed I go, have fun on the couch tonight perv!” Bikky said.
 
Dee growled.
 
“Five.”
 
“Fifty.”
 
“Scuse me do I look like I am made of money!?”
 
“No you waste Ryo's savings while you squander away yours. Fifty.”
 
“Ten.”
 
“Gettin sleeeppy.”
 
Dee was losing his patience.
 
“Fifteen.”
 
“Twenty five.” Bikky said.
 
“Twenty and I don't tell Ryo whose filthy little eyes I caught reading one those dirty magazines this morning you nearly busted my ass about a few days ago.”
 
Bikky's eyes went up.
 
`Damn I thought I had that hidden away.'
 
“You wouldn't.”
 
Dee smirked.
 
“I saw it peeking out from your pillow when Ryo made me go grab your lazy ass out of bed this morning for the third time and even though you are at that delicate age, I'm sure Ryo wouldn't be that understanding when he saw that it was of the pornos that would make Hugh Heffner and the Playboy Bunnies squirm.”
 
Bikky was defeated.
 
“Up on the roof...he's been there all night.” Bikky said. He said he needed some air.”
 
`I am so good.” Dee thought.
 
“Thanks brat.” Dee said patting his shoulder and headed to the door.
 
“HEY WHERE'S MY TWENTY!?” Bikky yelled behind him.
 
Dee smirked.
 
“Mm…sorry…The Bank of Dee is closed, please try again, but don't press you're luck, at a later time! THANK YOU!”
 
With a resounding yell of “ASSHOLE” from Bikky. Dee closed the apartment door with a resounding click.
 
Ryo sat humming quietly to the music. The air wasn't that chilly, but a subtle breeze was blowing.
 
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find, you and I collide
 
Every verse in a new song that played made him think of Dee. Every moment cherished with his partner, every touch, every smile, every tear.
 
You give me the sweetest taboo
That's why I'm in love with you
You give me the sweetest taboo
Sometimes I think you're just too good for me
 
Some of the songs brought tears to Ryo's eyes and he found himself biting his lip as he leaned his head back and mouthed the words, letting the tears roll down his cheeks.
 
 
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
 
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
and sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight
 
And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
 
It was painful being without Dee, knowing how angry and hurt he was. All Ryo wanted to do was hold Dee in his arms and take away all the pain.
 
I'm not afraid of dying,
But I am afraid of losing you
 
Maybe I'm addicted
I'm out of control
But you're the drug that keeps me from dying...
Maybe I'm a liar
But all I really know
Is you're the only reason I'm tryin'
 
When you are lying next to me
Love is going thru to me
Oh it's beautiful
 
Ryo wiped his face as the moon shone brightly down. Little did he know that as he was singing, he wasn't alone. The next thing he knew that as he began to sing Lifehouse's “You and Me, he felt a gentle tug take off one of his headphones and sing quietly in his ear.
 
All of the things that I want to say
Just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words, you got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here
 
Cause it's you and me and all of the people
With nothing to do, nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people and
I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off you
 
Ryo shuddered and turned his head slightly to the voice as a new song came on.
 
We were drawn from the weeds
We were brave like soldiers
Falling down under the pale moonlight
You were holding to me
Like a someone broken
And I couldn't tell you but I'm telling you now
 
Just let me hold you while you're falling apart
Just let me hold you and we'll both fall down
 
Fall on me
Tell me everything you want me to be
Forever with you forever in me
Ever the same
 
Ryo stared into jade green and then into red as a beautiful rose was brought before his face.
 
“I'm sorry Ryo.” Dee said as he took Ryo's hand. “I love you more than anything and I didn't mean to go off the way I did. I just get so scared that I may lose you one day…and my damn stubbornness gets in the way of hearing you out.”
 
“No Dee.” Ryo said taking the rose. “I should have explained it all. Hell, I should have come home the minute I realized it was just going to be me and Rose. I'm so sorry I hurt you!”
Dee smiled as he rubbed Ryo's hand.
 
“Do you have any idea how much I love you?” He said. “How much it means to me waking up to your beautiful face every morning and seeing it just before I go to sleep at night? How whenever I act dumb, you always make me see the light?”
 
Dee looked up into those dark eyes.
 
“And I dunno…I told you a long time ago that I didn't like seeing anyone with their hands on you. I know its wrong of me to be so damn possessive because I don't own you. But…I'm afraid if I let go…just one second…you'll be away from me forever. And I can't see myself without you. It's impossible.”
 
Ryo smiled through tears as he kneeled down to Dee.
 
“I can't see myself without you either.” He said. “I love you…more than anything in this world. And you don't possess me. I give myself to you. Mind, body, and soul completely.”
 
Dee's throat tightened with emotion as he took Ryo's hand and put his over his jacketed heart.
 
“I Dee Laytner, take Randy “Ryo” Maclean as my future husband. For anything that life may dare throw at us, through all the best and all the worst times. Through fear and bravery, love and lust, darkness and light, trust and misunderstandings, may no one possess me but him.”
 
Ryo croaked a sob at the beautiful words and threw his arms around Dee's neck.
 
“I love you!” He said. “I'm sorry for what happened…I promise never to hurt you again.”
 
“Shh…Ryo it's alright.” Dee said rubbing his back tenderly. “You didn't hurt me as much as you think. I just needed to realize my own stupidity. I knew deep down in my heart that nothing terrible had really happened…I was just too thickheaded to figure it out on my own.”
 
“But…” Ryo started…but Dee put a finger on his mouth.
 
“I spoke to Rose…and then Penguin.” He said. “Now before you get mad. It wasn't that I didn't believe you…I just wanted to hear it from the bastard himself. I just…I dunno…I needed to know why he was acting so damn smug. Little did I know, I was the real bastard. He told me what you said after he kissed you, after he asked you to stay the night. Then I…just…needed my mom at that moment. She always knew how to make me see things clearer. I gotta stop with the damn accusations so you wouldn't be afraid to tell me the truth…is what she said…in her own words.”
 
Ryo sniffled.
 
“My mom was the same way.” He said. “She always knew how to help me make sense of things whenever I had a problem. Mom's are like that.”
 
Dee laughed.
 
“After that sense was knocked it my head, I headed to the floral shop and got you that.” He pointed to the rose in Ryo's hand. “I figured you deserved a little present after I acted like such an idiot.”
 
Ryo smiled.
 
“We were both idiots.” He said throwing himself back into Dee's arms. “Let's just let it be water under the bridge.”
 
Dee rocked them together.
 
“I'd like that, but I do need to ask…forgive me?”
 
Ryo smiled into Dee's chest.
 
“Always.”
 
He shivered a little and Dee felt it.
 
“Come on baby.” He said helping Ryo to his feet. “Let's get you inside and I'll warm you up. You deserve some pampering from good ole Dee”
 
Ryo smirked.
 
“Oh really?”
 
Dee returned the smirk as he planted a warm, wanting kiss on Ryo's mouth.
 
“How about…I draw you a nice hot bath where I personally wash you…then I lay down on the bed and give you one of my famous back massages…and then…we'll see where it goes afterwards.
Ryo smiled as he and Dee kissed again under the stars, holding each other tightly and passionately.
 
“I'd like that very much.” He said. “Lead the way.”
 
Dee took Ryo's hand and after quickly grabbing the rest of the wine and the CD player the two headed back down to the apartment. Dee did everything he said he would from the long bath where he washed Ryo thoroughly as he laid in Dee's arms complete with a sensual back massage on the bed. Then, in the glow of a dozen white candles, the two made passionate love well into the wee hours of the morning. Afterwards, they fell asleep, spent and happy as they held one another tightly. It was their sweet reward to completing what was a once a nasty hurdle in their journey.