Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ Home Movie ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dee, Ryo, and Rick followed Elena into the den. Elena headed over to a large cabinet that was overflowing with videocassettes. She struggled for a bit through the mess, but found what she was looking for. After blowing some dust off of it she motioned for the men to sit.
 
“I found this after I was doing some spring cleaning a few months ago.” She said. “I totally forgot I had it.”
 
Elena walked over to the TV and put the video in the VCR. Grabbing the remote she took a seat next to Ryo.
 
She hit play and the television screen flashed to a young girl smiling happily into the camera.
 
“HELLO ONE AND ALL!” The sweet voice said. “THIS IS ELENA MACLEAN AND THIS…she moved the camera towards a young man unsteadily trying to hang up a banner on a wall.”
 
“IS RICK VARNER!”
 
“Hey.” Rick said trying very hard not to fall off the ladder. “Uhh…Elena a little help?”
 
“Yeah, yeah one second!” She said as she brought the camera back to her face.
 
“Anyway, today is a great big day for all of us. My big brother and his wife are on their way home…and their bringing a great surprise!!!”
 
“ELENA!” Rick yelled over to her as he nearly fell off the ladder.
 
Dee laughed.
 
“Quite a ham weren't ya Elena.” Dee said with a laugh as the younger Elena put the camera down and tried to help Rick put up the banner.
 
“Worse.” Rick said with a laugh.
 
“Shhh…just watch!” She said.
 
“YAAAAAY THEY'RE HERE!!!” The younger Elena yelled on the television. She moved the camera to the window just as a blue sedan had pulled into the driveway.
 
The camera bounced as she ran out to the car. There, a younger looking mustached Frank smiled and waved at his sister.
 
“Dad.” Ryo murmured. Dee reached over and held Ryo's hand. Ryo definitely looked a lot like his father.
 
“BOUT TIME YOU GOT HERE!” Elena yelled at him.
 
“Had to bring the camera huh sis?” Frank said as he got out of the car.
 
“Hey it's a big day today!!” She followed her brother out over to the back seat where he opened the door.
 
“HEY AIKO!” Elena yelled into the car. Ryo gripped Dee's hands as a tired looking, but smiling Aiko Maclean tried to move out of the car.
 
“Easy sweetheart.” Frank said as he moved into the car. Elena backed up as Aiko moved out of the car carrying a small bundle.
 
“OHHH IS THAT HIM!?” Elena squealed.
 
“Elena.” Frank said with a smile as he held Aiko in his arms. “Meet your new nephew Randall.”
 
Elena moved the camera to Aiko's arms where inside a white blanket and adorned with a blue cap lay little sleeping Ryo.
 
“Oh Ryo!” Dee said aloud. “You were adorable!”
 
“AWWWWW!!!” Younger Elena said. “He's sooo cute!”
 
The little baby suddenly yawned and moved one of his arms.
 
Aiko smiled as she put her head on Frank's shoulder.
 
“Let's get you both inside.” Frank said just as he saw Rick pop out the door.
 
“Hey there Frank!” Rick said nervously. “You need help?”
 
“Hi Rick…good to see you!” He said happily. “Yeah, can you get the bags out of the car?”
 
“Sure thing!” The young man said as he ran towards the sedan.
 
Meanwhile Elena followed Frank and Aiko inside the house where they took a seat in the living room. Frank helped his wife remove her coat and then put an ottoman under her feet.
 
“Oh Frank.” Aiko said. “Look there.”
Elena moved the camera where Aiko was pointing. There written in colorful marker and long thin paper was the sign…
 
“WELCOME HOME RANDY!”
 
“Randy?” Frank said. “Already come up with a nickname for him huh sis?”
 
“Jeeze.” Elena said. “I couldn't fit the whole name onto that one piece of paper!”
 
Aiko smiled as she bounced the sleeping baby in her arms.
 
“How about Ryo?” She asked. “Only three letters.”
 
“Ooo…Ryo!” Elena said. “That's a great nickname.”
 
“Actually, we've decided to give our son two names.” Frank said smiling at his wife and son. “In honor of both his American and Japanese heritage.”
 
“Aw how sweet!” Elena said bringing the camera towards the sleeping baby.
 
“Hi Ryo!” She said. “I'm your Auntie Elena!”
 
The baby began to squirm just as Rick came into the door with the rest of Aiko's things. Everyone gathered around the baby as he began to open his eyes.
 
“Wow, you're eyes were dark even as a baby Ryo!” Dee said.
 
Aiko removed the cap from the baby's head and the thin chestnut hair appeared.
 
“He looks just like both of you Mr. and Mrs. Maclean.” Rick pointed out.
 
“Beautiful just like his mother.” Frank said placing a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Heh…sixteen hours of labor and still beautiful huh?” Aiko said.
 
“DAMN SIXTEEN HOURS!” Elena yelled. “OUCH!”
 
“Let that be a lesson to you and Rick in case you have any thoughts!” Frank said then he stared back down at his wife.
 
“It worked!” Older Elena said. Ryo still watched in awe as his parents spoke.
 
“Ryo was the littlest baby in the nursery.” Frank said. “Just five tiny pounds.”
 
Just then the baby began to cry.
 
“And the loudest I see!” Elena said as Aiko cooed and rocked the little boy.
 
“Someone's hungry.” Aiko said as she was already beginning to recognize the different cries of the baby. “Here, I'll just move to the bedroom to nurse him.”
 
Aiko started to move, but she was still a little achy and it was difficult to get up.
 
“You sit.” Frank said. “We'll go unpack.” He gave Aiko and Ryo a quick kiss and motioned for Elena and Rick to get the bags and head to the bedroom. Elena still with the camera on followed.
 
“And look at our proud papa!” She said as they went up to the bedroom. “So tell us…new dad…how's it feel?”
 
Frank sighed.
 
“Feels pretty damn good.” He said as he put away some of Aiko's things. “Aiko was wonderful. So strong, I can't imagine the pain she went through, but she did it. She brought our son into this world. He looked away.
 
“Our son…my son.”
 
Ryo sniffled as he heard those words come from his father.
 
“Aww Frankie, don't get all misty on me!” Elena yelled. “I already cried when you called me up and told me I was an aunt!”
 
“Yeah, she got tears and snot all over my new leather jacket!” Rick said happily.
 
Everyone laughed as Elena punched Rick in the arm while still holding the camera.
 
“It's safe to come back now!” Aiko yelled from the living room.
 
The trio ran back downstairs where Aiko was holding Ryo on her towel adorned shoulder patting his back. The baby let out a loud belch which of course made everyone in the room, both in the video and watching the video laugh.
 
“That's my boy!” Frank said happily as he reached over and turned on the television. It was just a little after noon so the 12pm news was on.
 
“Last night an arrest was made in the murder of a young man after it was revealed he was homosexual.” The anchorwoman said. “Nineteen year old Alex Marn has been charged with two counts of first degree murder after he caught his brother seventeen year old Paul Marn in bed with his boyfriend Bradley Harrington. The two teens were shot to death after Alex in a fit of rage grabbed the .25 caliber gun their father used for security and fired about boys. It's another addition to the steady climb of crimes against homosexuals in America…”
 
Dee scowled at what he heard. Some things that should change never do.
 
“Turn it off.” Aiko said annoyed as she rocked Ryo.
 
Rick did as was told and stood up.
 
“Anybody want a drink?” Rick asked. “Since it looks like the little guy had already had his fill!”
 
“Juice for me please!” Elena said.
 
“Me as well Rick.”
 
“You Frank?” Rick asked.
 
Frank stared down at his little boy.
 
“Frank?”
 
“Nothing.” He said.
 
Aiko turned to her husband.
 
“Frank, why don't you put Ryo in his crib?” She said. “He's starting to fall asleep again.”
 
“Sure darling.” Frank said with a smile as he picked up the baby. “C'mere big guy.”
 
“Take the baby monitor with you too so we can hear him!” She motioned to the two baby monitors on the end table.
 
Frank gently took the baby along the little monitor and walked carefully up the stairs. Aiko smiled as she listened to her husband coo to the baby. Elena being the ever so nosy sister that she was of course tailed him. There she poked the camera inside the nursery where Frank was standing rocking Randy.
 
“Okay Ryo this is gonna be your room.” He said putting the baby monitor on the shelf by the crib. “You like?”
 
The baby made a squeak.
 
“I'll take that as a yes.”
 
“Now, you see the people here?” He motioned to the framed pictures sitting on the clothing drawers. “That pretty lady there? That's your mommy when she had you in her tummy!” He pointed to a picture of a pregnant Aiko holding her belly happily. “We couldn't wait to see you and you used to kick all the time. I bet you are gonna be a little soccer player, but we won't tell mommy that just yet!”
 
“And there is me!” He said pointing to the picture of Frank kissing Aiko's tummy. “When your mommy told me we were gonna have a baby I was so excited I cried. But don't tell anyone that. We men don't cry.”
 
“Oh yes we do!” Dee said smiling seeing that Ryo's sensitivity trait was not one he inherited from his mother after all.
 
“And here is Auntie Elena…she was the one who took the pictures. Then we made her take one of herself. She can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but she is great. You'll love her. I'll tell you a secret, I bet she and Rick are gonna marry one day!”
 
Elena stifled a laugh as she watched her brother continued showing his son pictures.
 
“Now this one.” He said holding the picture to Ryo. “Is your grandma and grandpa. You've also got an Aunt Kohana and Uncle Taro and tons of cousins. They are you're mommy's family. They live far far away in Japan. When we told them that we were gonna have a baby…they were so excited that they sent us lots of pictures and goodies. When told them it was gonna be a boy, they sent us this little kimono. It's like a robe. You'll wear it when you get a little bigger.
 
Throughout the room he pointed out everything to Ryo, including the paintings Aiko had painted and framed.
 
“You know Ryo.” He said as he stared down at his son. “I'm sorry you had to hear that on the television about those poor boys that got killed. The world is a terrible place I'm sorry to say. But I want you to know that your mother and I love you dearly and will do everything in our power to protect you. I don't want you to be afraid to tell me or your mother anything that might be troubling you. Whether it's as small as right now when you told us you were hungry to as big as probably what those boys had felt before that terrible night.”
 
He watched as his son closed his eyes and fell asleep. Frank gave a little laugh.
 
“I love you Ryo.” He said as he put his son down in his crib. “I'm so glad you are here. I know you are going to be real special. Sleep tight.”
 
He gave his son a little kiss on his soft head and walked out of the room. Elena ran back down the stairs before Frank could catch her spying. Just as she reached the steps Aiko smiled as she was wiping her eyes holding one of the baby monitors. She had turned on both baby monitors before Frank had taken Ryo upstairs and heard every word.
 
“Heard everything huh?” Elena said.
 
Aiko nodded to the camera.
 
“And he is right.” She said smiling.
 
“Whose right?” Frank asked descending the stairs and putting his arms around his sitting wife.
 
“Okay I'm losing battery power here so I am going to shut off the camera!” Elena said. “So everyone say bye to Ryo! RICK SAY BYE!”
 
“BYE!” Rick yelled from the kitchen.
 
Elena motioned the camera to her face.
“Bye Ryo!” She blew a kiss to the camera. “And remember whenever Mom and Dad say no…ASK AUNTIE ELENA!”
 
She motioned the camera to the new parents who had just shared a sweet kiss.
 
“I love you, you know.” Frank said.
 
“I love you too.” Aiko responded.
 
“Say bye to Ryo!” Elena yelled.
 
“'Bye Ryo!” Frank said.
 
“We love you.” Aiko said as the two parents waved to the camera just as the screen turned black.
 
Everyone sat in silence for a long while. Ryo was speechless. His parents had made a solemn promise that they would love him no matter what kind of person he became as long as he was a good one.
 
“I think you got the answer you were looking for Ryo.” Elena said quietly drying her own eyes and patting Ryo's knee.
 
Ryo turned to Dee.
 
“Dee…” He whispered.
 
Dee put his arms around Ryo and held him tight just as Ryo began to sob.
 
“I knew I would have liked them.” Dee said quietly placing a kiss on his crying lover's hair.