Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Only Hope ❯ Friendly Conversation ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Friendly Conversation
 
 
Dee picked up the phone with a grunt.
 
“What is it?” He said not caring who was on the other line.
 
“Hello to you too lazy ass.” The all too familiar voice of Drake Parker responded.
 
Dee sighed.
 
“Oh great it's you so I have no reason to be civil.” Dee said. “This better be good, I was trying to get some sleep.”
 
“Well since you are going to talk to me, I won't tell you!” Drake said with huff. Friends for years Drake knew exactly what buttons to push and what buttons not to push when it concerned Dee and of course being one of Dee's best friend it took him very little effort in locating Dee's whereabouts.
 
“DRAKE!” Dee yelled.
 
The detective on the other line laughed.
 
“Alright, alright.” He said. “God you're moody.”
 
“With good reason.” Dee said.
 
“How's Ryo?” Drake asked. “Rose came in this morning looking like hell. I heard he stopped by the hospital when Ryo was first taken in. He has been up my ass to find out what's going.”
 
Dee snorted.
 
“Rose can go to hell.” He said. “If he's so damn worried, why doesn't he call the hospital himself?”
 
Drake sighed.
 
“Probably not allowed to find out cuz he isn't family.You know how doctors are about patient confidentiality.”
 
Then Drake added.
 
“Besides, if he tried to contact you, knowing you're all too wonderful personality you'd hang up on him. So of course whose the next best thing, but your's truly.”
 
“Lovely.” Dee said flopping back down on the bed.
 
“Hey who else is going to get to the horse's mouth?” Drake said grinning.
 
“Ryo's fine, out of surgery early this morning, woke up this afternoon, and is probably still asleep. Leg should be fine, but gonna be on desk duty for awhile, now what is it that you want!?”
 
Drake breathed a sigh of relief.
 
“That's good to know. Okay smart guy the reason I called was hey..what the fuck ouch!!…”
 
CRASH

BANG
 
SMACK
 
“DEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!”
Dee rolled his eyes.
 
“God dammit JJ.”
 
“DEE SENPAI!!” The voice that was JJ Adams continued. “I just got in, I heard what happened, are you alright, are you hurt anywhere!? I AM SOO WORRIED!!?”
 
As the lavender haired force sniper babbled on about how he was worried, Drake rubbed his head. JJ had tackled him to the ground to grab at the phone. He had just gotten in to work and when he heard what had happened to Dee and Ryo the night before, the giddy little guy became worried. Who wouldn't be worried when it concerned his loveable, adorable Dee?
 
“SENPAIIII!!! Oh my poor Dee, I would have come to you HAD I KNOWN!” JJ eyed Drake angrily. “But the chief put me on second shift with Drake. I have tried to get out of it so I can come to you in your hour of need, my poor sexy Dee.”
 
Dee growled. The force sniper was a thorn in his side since he had first entered the police academy. JJ had a very big crush on Dee, but Dee could not return the feelings. But JJ was unrelenting. Even when Dee thought he was in the clear when he was transferred to the 27, JJ was recruited too a little while later. It was a happy surprise for JJ and one of utter misery for Dee, especially when JJ planted a big wet one on his lips RIGHT IN FRONT OF RYO!
 
Dee sighed angrily.
 
“RYO WAS THE ONE WHO GOT HURT YOU MORON NOT ME!!” He yelled.
 
“Oh Drake told me that too.” JJ said nonchalantly. “But I heard Ryo's gonna be okay! BUT DEE YOU MUST NEED CARE IN YOUR TIME OF NEED!!”
 
Drake found it hard to contain his laughter as he listened. He knew this was riling up Dee, but after a night like Dee had had, a little distraction, even though unwanted, couldn't hurt.
 
Dee couldn't take it anymore.
 
“PUT PARKER BACK ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW OR YOU WILL BE THE ONE NEEDING TAKEN CARE OF AFTER I BEAT YOU SENSELESS!!!”
 
JJ eyed the phone.
 
“My, my, my little Dee is cranky. Alright I'll put Drake on the phone. I'm here if you need me Senpai!!”
 
He kissed the receiver three times and handed it back to Drake.
 
“Aw man you got spit on my phone!” Drake yelled back to JJ as he was exiting the room.
 
Now Dee in Ryo's apartment was fuming.
 
“PARKER, IF YOU DON'T TELL ME THE REASON YOU CALLED RIGHT NOW, I SWEAR I AM GOING TO HANG UP. I'M TIRED, PISSED, AND I JUST WANT TO SLEEP WITHOUT HEARING FROM YOU AND THE IDIOT SQUAD!!!
 
Drake was laughing.
 
“Okay, okay…here it is and I'll make it quick!” Drake said. “We had the DA come in to speak to the perp and his lawyer last night just after Ryo was taken to the hospital. When you shot the suspect you only grazed his arm, so he was only in the hospital for two hours. Anyway, They were willing to cut a deal in exchange for the suspect giving up the ring leader of his little drug gang as well. He won't get off for the rape and Ryo's attack of course, but I guess his conscious got the better of him and he decided to spill it. Either that or he needed the protection of Riker's compared to whatever he was dealing with. JJ and I are going to check it all out. But I just wanted to give you the heads up.”
 
Dee sighed. He was relieved that Ryo's attacker was going to face a jail sentence instead of dealing with a trial that could take weeks even months on end.
 
“So what's the charge going to be?” He asked.
 
Drake shook his head.
 
“DA's going to work on it today.” He said. “He was none too happy being hauled in at 3AM, especially to our precinct! So he wanted it all to happen short and sweet or he was going to go all out ape shit on this guy and us.”
 
Dee laughed.
 
“Yeah that hard ass has it in for us huh!?”
 
Drake smirked.
 
“Well, when it comes to you and your antics, I am none too surprised. How many times has he had to represent you in front of a judge?”
 
Dee glared to the phone.
 
“Go to hell.”
 
“Love you too Dee.” Drake said. “Get some sleep. I'll keep you updated. The chief wanted me to let you know in case I was going to speak to you that as of right now you can take the next three days off to be with Ryo while he is in the hospital. Then he wants your ass back here or else!”
 
Dee sighed. Three days wasn't enough. Ryo was going to be in the hospital for at least five days and then he was going to go home. He wanted to help Ryo through his recovery. Ah well he'd discuss it or argue about it with the chief later.
 
“Thanks Drake. I owe ya.”
 
Drake snorted.
 
“No kidding, you and Ryo owe me at least a month's paycheck if not more! Hell the way you two keep finding loop holes in procedure and using me to help you in them; I won't have to be a cop much longer and will be able to live life on easy street.”
 
“Fuck you Drake!”
“Night Dee!!”
 
Dee put down the phone and rolled over with his face in Ryo's pillow.
 
`Well, at least Ryo won't have to worry about a trial or testifying for the time being.' He thought. `The most important thing for him right now is to recover.'
 
He glanced over at the clock.
 
“Four o'clock.” He murmured taking the clock and setting the alarm. `Another two hours of sleep and then Bikky and I will head over to the hospital to see him. That brat better had eaten by now.'
 
With that being said, Dee finally closed his tired eyes and drifted off to sleep with thoughts of his beautiful Ryo filling his mind and heart.