Fake Fan Fiction ❯ The First of the Month ❯ Missing! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I don't own any of the characters from FAKE. But I really hope you enjoy the situation I stick them in. *winks* You'll love the ending!
 
The First of the Month Title
Rated: 16+ My personal opinion (I have no clue how to rate anything.)
Genre: Shonen ai, Mystery I'm not sure exactly what genre is, still.
Written By: Zicue Love me, Hate me, your choice.
 
Dee stared nervously at the mountain of paperwork that insecurely mounted on his desk. A feeling of unease settled over him as he carefully reached out to pick up a file and not set off the awaiting avalanche. He groaned feeling the tension in the air that not only he created but also Ryo. The shy detective sat at his desk typing up some kidnapped files. He was furious and refused to even look at Dee. The dark haired man scratched his head and made a forward motion to reach out and try to right the wrong. But Ryo was prepared.
“Don't even think trying to arouse me is going to get you anyway.” Ryo snapped under his breath, to make sure none of the other workers could hear him. Dee held back his hand and slouched in his seat.
“I didn't do anything.” Dee said trying to sound innocent. He didn't bother to brush the fallen hair from his eyes; just sat there and stared at the cold shoulder his partner was giving him.
“Yes, you did. You were betting the day again.” Ryo replied, reaching in the drawer for some more clean paper. Dee growled and kicked his desk. A few files slid off to the floor.
“I didn't bet the day. I bet on a game. There's nothing wrong with that.” Dee replied.
“If it makes everyone else, even the chance of you, go broke, it is.” Ryo retorted. Dee kicked his desk again. This time, a few stacks of the balancing paper and mixed in trash tumbled over the clashed into Ryo's stuff. The two were dazed as paper floated everywhere to the floor. It took seconds for Ryo to get on his knees and begin to organize through the disaster. His chestnut hair fell over his midnight eyes, which had been drowning in anger. He was male, but some of his movements seemed almost feminine. He gently reached out and dug through the fallen mountain. Dee mentally kicked himself and fell to the floor to help.
This surprised Ryo. His fake act of fury faltered as he stared bewildered at Dee. The man wasn't nearly as gentle with the files as he tried to make sense of them. But he was helping Ryo otherwise. Ryo lost himself within his own pensive mind. Dee, his black hair was again in his face, but it made him look handsome. And his eyes, they were so beautiful, an electric green that could steal Ryo's soul within minutes. And his lips, they were so soft and gentle against Ryo's at times. They were sweet and seductive, the first gift that Dee gave him.
Dee looked up and captured Ryo's stare. The Japanese-American didn't seem to be on Earth. “Yo, Ryo, are you home?” Dee asked as he shook Ryo by the shoulders. The man didn't respond. “Ryo?”
Dee held him lightly in his arms as Ryo continued to stare at Dee. Surprisingly, he leaned forward and took that lips that he so desired. Dee wasn't sure what had come over his partner, but he'd accept it willingly. Dee sucked on Ryo's lip. The taste of herbal tea enlightened him. Then he allowed his tongue to spoon with Ryo's, the two dancing against each other. But then Dee felt his lover trying to pull him down on top. Ryo's hands were pulling at Dee's shirt.
Dee didn't understand Ryo's sudden boldness, but he wasn't about to let Ryo make a mistake at work. He pulled away from the Japanese-American and went back to sorting the files. Ryo sat there dazed before he recollected his actions. He blushed hard as he shelled up again. He didn't say anything as Dreig walked into the office with a cup of coffee.
“Wow, what a mess. You two get wild and knock everything over?” Dreig joked as he found his seat covered with some of the files. He glanced at Ryo, finding his face blood red. “Anyway, hey Dee, what were you saying about the game tonight?” Dee perked up and nervously joined Dreig's conversation. Ryo wasn't going to be happy, but Dee couldn't turn down his favorite games.
“I'm betting my team wins against your losers.” Dee boasted as he began to place the stacked of paper on his desk.
“Oh really? How much are you betting this time, Sissy?” Dee growled with annoyance before answering.
“Fifty bucks. Take it of leave it.”
“You're on!” Dreig shouted. Ryo looked at the floor, his hand rested on the files he had managed to sort. Why was Dee purposely making him mad? Ryo growled under his breath. `I'll get him back,' he thought to himself as he picked up the remaining documents.
 
“What? You're leaving early today?” Dee asked looking up from the new assignment in his hand. Ryo gave him a blunt look.
“No, I just told you I was doing some errands for Commissioner Rose. Why do you always change the details?” Ryo asked.
“For the suited monkey? Why? Is he still trying to rape you?” Dee asked with a little jealousy. Ryo glared at his partner.
“He hasn't tried to rape me. Again with the details!” Ryo stormed off upset. Dee looked hurt, but he wasn't regretting to jump to his conclusions. Rose was repeatedly after his man.
 
Dee sighed as he parked his car in front of Ryo's apartment complex. His partner must really be mad at him. Dee hadn't received a call in all day from Ryo. Usually they kept in touch if they were on separate duties. He selected Ryo's floor from the elevator and waited. Why did the two always fight? Why did they keep having these continuing verbal arguments?
“I'm home…”Dee called finding all the lights out. He tracked his way to the living room and quickly cupped a hand to his eyes. “BIKKI AND CAROL! NOT ON THE COUCH!” Dee shouted as the two began to pick up the messy food off the couch cushions. He now noticed the loud music blaring from the headphones on the coffee table. With a final glare at Bikki, Dee walked toward the bedroom expecting to find his partner asleep. But only this anxious feeling filled him when he found the room isolated. Ryo wasn't there.
“Hey, what's wrong, Stupid?” Bikki asked. He gave Dee's arm a little punch, as though it were a greeting. Dee stared at the teen with his green eyes, trying to see his motive.
“Your mouth doesn't change no matter what.” Dee muttered. Carol wiggled into between the two, her presence sending them in opposite directions.
“Aw, come on. You two aren't any fun.” She said with a distant hint of content. “Talk with me, too!!”
“Later! Where's Ryo?” Dee asked. The teens looked at each other and shrugged. Not a good sign. “Has he been home yet today?”
“No, Bikki and I have been here all day and no sign of Ryo. We would have notice if someone had walked in.” Carol replied. Dee studied the two faces carefully before considering a reply.
“You two… you are using protection aren't you?” Dee asked finally. Bikki flared red at the words and Carol hid behind her hands.
“DEE!” Bikki shouted in embarrassment. “What makes you think we've been doing that?”
“Because… two love birds alone in an apartment are surely to do `that'.” Dee answered, feeling like he had found a great amusement for the moment. “Just whatever you do, don't end up pregnant, Carol. You'll never forgive yourself for carrying Bikki's kid. And don't do it on Ryo's bed!” Dee threatened.
“We wouldn't do it there.” Carol replied sternly. “Besides I'm on birth control. Bikki's kid is well away from being born.” Bikki remained quiet as he tried to evaporate into the back of the wall. Dee noticed the blonde, African American's distance and decided to back off. Besides he needed to find Ryo.
“So no signs of my lover?” Dee asked.
“Absolutely none.” Carol answered. Dee nodded and walked from the apartment. He smirked as he heard the low whispered of affection coming from the two once he was gone. They wouldn't have been lying. Not when they were in such a good mood.
 
“Hey, JJ, have you seen Ryo lately?” Dee asked leaning over his coworker's desk. The man looked up, expression of love filling his face.
“DEE!!! Love, I haven't seen Ryo, but would you been interested in going out with me tonight?” JJ asked, not missing an opportunity to romance the dark haired man. Dee frowned. He had no interest in the petite man. In fact, he absolutely loathed him.
“Naw, I gotta find Ryo first. He's my one priority.” Dee replied walking off. JJ sighed as he slumped on top of his desk. He watched Dee leaving the room and then smirked.
“One priority all will be mine.”
 
“ROSE, please tell me!!!” Dee begged to older man. His dirty blonde hair framed his pleased face. It wasn't very often that Dee would sulk up to him.
“Why should I?” Rose asked feeling dominant. He enjoyed his superior power in this conversation. “You are a rotten, unfortunately useful, ugly… sorta, and a robber for taking Ryo!” Dee blinked.
“I'm ugly? I'm reporting you for discrimination from jealousy of handsome guys!!!” Dee growled.
“I'm reporting you for being annoying!!!”
“I'm reporting you for being an over-romantic pig!!!”
“Asswipe!!!”
“Mother ****ing beach!!!”
“I am not fat, Dee!!!” Rose shouted as he jumped from his seat. Dee mocked him and stood to his feet also. He looked Rose in the eyes and glared.
“Yes, you are.” Dee retorted. Rose blushed in anger.
“I am so not fat!” Rose replied again. He pulled his tucked shirt loose and unbuttoned with amazing speed. He opened it to reveal his perfect chest and abdomen. “Do you call this fat?” He asked, making Dee blush.
“Well… um… not really.”
“Good.” He pulled Dee forward and kissed him. Dee struggled under his hold and pulled away. His face was a cherry hiding beneath the dark tangled hair.
“Now I'm reporting you for sexual harassment!!!”
“Bitch!!!”
“Or, you can just tell me where you saw Ryo this afternoon and I'll be nice enough to forget this little incident.” Dee replied feeling happier he had some resource to build a foundation.
“Blackmail?”
“Works all the time.”
“I saw him around the slums.”
“Why was he there?”
“I gave him a special assignment, errands really.”
“In the slums? Who where you dealing with?”
“Dealing?”
“Slums means illegal trading.”
“Dee, I'm working for the law, not against it!”
“You never know.”
“Dee.”
“Okay, okay.” Dee sighed giving up the fact his love rival wasn't a bad guy. Rose picked up some paper and wrote and address down.
“I'm sent him here. There was supposedly some disturbance around there last night. He was willing to go check it out. It couldn't really be considered a real crime because there was no evidence of murder or anything illegal going on. But Ryo wanted to check it out anyway. I'm sure he's confident he'll find something the others didn't. But like I said it isn't really a case, just an errand I sent him on, or rather he went on.” He handed Dee the slip of paper. Dee took in, growled beneath his breath with satisfaction, and stormed out ready to find his partner and lover.
 
The building was ancient and rundown. The windows were boarded up and showered from past gun downs. The walls were covered in chipping, moldy paint. Dee cautiously walked up the unpromising stairs and peered through the door's window. The glass was broken once before for a robbery. Dee pushed the door, hearing only its hinges squeal. No lights, but Dee was sure he could hear a generator running power. Dee held him hand to the butt of his gun, ready for any unexpected issues. The floor boards were very cooperative; they cried out for every step he took. The entrance of the house separated into a staircase, living room, and an old closet. Dee took to the living room which was also led to the kitchen. Nothing unparticular there. All the utensils were rusted and dulled from the passing months. And nothing seemed to be particularly new.
Dee found his path back to the staircase. He had grown up in the streets, so he was sure he could handle anyone in his way, but he was afraid he might find something he couldn't handle. All dark places made him think that. This horrible and musky flight of stairs resembled something in which a nightmare might come from. Dee held his breath as he climbed. Finally he reached the top and slipped his hand on the doorknob. He yelped in pain as he jerked his hand back.
Noticing now, he could see the knob giving a slight red gleam. It was like there was a fire on the other side. Someone had purposely heated the knob. But who? Dee leaned against the wall and kicked the door open. As expected, a triggered torch was burning. Dee inched around it and turned if off. With his heart beating with the newly experienced adrenaline, he made his was warily down the corridor.
It looked like an ordinary bedroom. Dust coated everything. The only signs of anyone being there in the past days were the writings made into the dust. Like children, Dee thought as he read over the little messages. But they weren't notes that kids would write. This were threats… they hadn't been there too long. Could they have really been meant for someone?
Dee dug in his pocket for his cell phone. He dialed Ryo's number. There was no answer, but oddly enough, he could hear a ringing not from his phone, but from Ryo's. Dee looked around for the replying tone. He could tell it was in the room. He bent down and put his ear to the floor. The ring vibrated loudly. “Under the floorboards?” Dee asked himself. He ran down to the kitchen and pulled out some rusted knives. Quickly he returned to the bedroom and began to pull up the boards. It took some time to find the right one. But when he did he was began to pick up the glossy tin can that shook with the cell phone's ringing. “But how?” Dee studied the pulled up floorboards. They all contained new nails, and from where he was sitting he was able to recognize the sliding of a hammer across the floor. Beneath the bed, the tool slept like a ghost.
Dee opened the can and pulled out the phone. Gently he opened it and both phones stopped ringing. He sighed with a pit in his stomach. Something had happened to Ryo. Dee also picked up a folded note from the can. Quickly his eyes flickered over the page.
I have your dollie, want to play?
Then come enjoy my wonderful game,
Hide-and-Seek,
And,
Tag-Your-It!
Two mixed together like my dollie's genes,
Japanese,
And,
American,
Come play with me!
 
Dollie's hiding, I am too,
Can you guess who is who?
Kill one, or the other,
Beware, Beware,
The water's really cold,
But prefect for a scare!
 
Pull out your gun and shot on sight?
Don't you dare,
Or Dollie's gonna be in for the scare!
 
Dee's stomach turned. Someone had kidnapped Ryo. Quickly he called up the station, but there was no answer. Dee's face was blue. He had to find Ryo and quickly. The author of the note said he would try to kill Ryo if Dee messed up. The faster he found Ryo, the less he would screw up.
 
He headed outside the building and looked around the alleyways. The trash pile looked recent so he scanned the top pile. There was another note. It was in the same handwriting, but only said one word: J&R, Finny's Pawn Shop. Dee smirked silently. He knew where to find Finny's Pawn Shop. In fact, when he was younger, it was one of his favorite places to upset. But it had been closed sold to another owner since his childhood. Dee growled and headed to his car.
 
The drive wasn't too long. He knew all the shortcuts since this was where he grew up. Once there, he checked his gun, loaded, and stormed inside. A balding man with rotten teeth sneered from behind the counter. All kinds of odds and ends surrounded the shop. Dee made his way to the man and used his presence as a threat.
“I need some information.” Dee growled, he tried to examine the man inside and out with his green eyes. The man shrugged. “Would you go for fifty?” Dee asked. The man showed Dee his rotten teeth with a horrible grin.
“What do you want? Make it quick.”
“I need a list of your last customers.” Dee said quietly. He didn't want his motives know yet, in case the kidnapper was around. The man gave an irritated snarled and dug out a sheet from the pile of paper beside him. The sheet wasn't taken care of, considering it was covered with multiple coffee cup stains. Dee snatched it and read over the last few names. J&R. A perfect hit. The only information about the name was an address and number. Dee folded the sheet and slipped it into his jeans. Then he pulled out his wallet.
“Was that all?”
“Here's fifty.” Dee replied, sounding as if he didn't hear the man. “And if you can tell me about J&R, I'll give you another ten.” Dee replied. The man chuckled with excitement.
“J&R, they were in here just today.”
“They?” Dee asked, making sure he didn't hear wrong.
“Yeah, three men. They looked pretty well off, wanted to know where they could purchase a list of supplies. Not too unusual.”
“What did they want?” Dee asked.
“Let's see… rat poison, torch, flea bombs, ropes, and lime. It's quite a popular list of supplies these days. Sounds like they have a rodent problem. Not sure really.”
“Thanks. Here's a twenty. Keep the change.” Dee replied as he stumbled from the shop. He made his way to his vehicle and pulled out his phone. He dialed the listed number… There wasn't any answer. Dee snarled and jumped into the driver's seat. “I'm going to kill those guys if they laid a finger on Ryo!”
 
Dee drove to the address. He sighed. It was a hotel. He slammed his head on the steering wheel. “This is gonna take forever.” He walked to the front desk and rang on the bell irritably. “Yo, customer!!!”
A woman walked out to meet him. Dee also studied this person, too. She was slim, but looked out of health. And her brown hair and glasses hid her eyes. And she seemed to be very uncomfortable. “Yes, may I help you?” She asked with a quivering voice. Dee decided to go easy on her, seeing that she might pass out from any unexpected incidents.
“May I see the list of the last few customers to check in?” Dee asked. She wriggled beneath her glasses and looked around nervously.
“I'm not allowed to give out the other customer's information, Sir.”
“I'm a detective. This is an emergency.” Dee growled. The woman jumped quickly and pulled out the paper. He began to look through it.
“The last customers were a party of three men. May they be who you're looking for?” She asked. Dee eyes scrolled up to the woman.
“Only three?” Dee asked. What happened to Ryo? They couldn't have killed him yet?
“Yes, they said they might be expecting a guest. They left a message…”
“Let me see it.” The woman pulled the folded note from her pocket and slipped it into Dee's hands. He unfolded it quickly and began to read.
Warm or Cold?
You're getting warmer,
Be careful not to get too hot,
You might get burned,
 
Oh no! Oh no! Are you getting mad?
Temper, Temper,
What a bad lad,
 
Hurry, Hurry, Dollie's waiting,
But like all Dollies, will be bored of soon,
Hurry, Hurry, Raising Temper,
Before you reach a scolding new.
 
“What room?” Dee asked.
“Well, they never paid for another guest, just said they were expecting one. So, you'll have to get your own room.” The woman explained shyly. Dee scratched his head and sighed.
“How much?”
“Fifty per night. Will you be staying?” Dee nodded reluctantly. This little game had him down and broke. “Please sign in.” Dee scribbled himself down on the list of names in his hand and gave the list back to the woman. She searched over the list and blushed. “Um, sir, you put down the wrong date. It's the first of the month.” She whispered as she slipped the page back. Dee growled.
“I hate new months; I always end up eraser half the dates on files from that day.” He muttered as he corrected his mistake. She handed him a key.
“You'll be in room 205. The other party is in 207, which is right down the hall from your room.” She replied. Dee nodded and headed toward the flight of stairs. He climbed them, his stomach a turning pit. He decided to check out his room first, to see how the rooms were rearranged. There was a bed against the far wall. And a table and chairs were leaned up against the wall beside the bathroom. Dee smirked. It wasn't exactly a four star hotel. He slipped the key into his back pocket as he walked back to the hallway and made his way to room 207. The door was right in front of him. This was the moment.
 
Dee kicked the door open. Fuming smoke bellowed out and Dee quickly held his breath. It was the flea bombs. He cautiously ran in and found the room isolated. The only disturbance of the room was where the TV was set up in the middle of the room. On the screen he saw Ryo. His partner was tied to a chair that was surrounded with water and he was being beat by a man in black. Dee couldn't make out an identification; he looked about to find a clue to where the room Ryo in was. His concentration was interrupted by the sound of someone running down the hallway. A black image flashed from the corner of Dee's eye. He jumped up and followed the sturdy man to the basement. It was black and Dee was again filled with the feeling he had experienced at the run down building. As much as he hated to admit, Dee almost feared dark areas. They made him feel weak.
“The last things on their list were rat poison and lime. Are those the murder weapons they're planning on using?” Dee shook his head. “Not on my clock.” He reached the bottom of the basement staircase and found himself knee-high in water. He wadded through it was looked around. There was a light coming from the back and no signs of the men in black. Dee saw Ryo and quickly made his way to him. “RYO!!!”
The Japanese-American looked up pitifully at his partner. Dee embraced on the spot and kissed Ryo's forehead. “Are you okay?” He asked trying not to sound like he was about to die of worry. Ryo nodded his head.
“I'm sorry…” Ryo replied shyly. His face was beat red.
“It's not your fault that you were kidnapped. It happens all the time…”
“No, it's my fault.” Ryo's voice was shaking. `Was he that scared?' Dee thought. Dee turned his attention to the ropes the bound Ryo. He began to fiddle with them while trying to comfort Ryo.
“It wasn't your fault. It never was. Don't worry; I'll have you out of here in a minute.” Dee soothed. Suddenly the room was filled with flashing lights and laughter. Dee looked around, but couldn't make out anything from the lights. “Whose there?” Dee shouted, but his sudden anger was dissolved as he felt Ryo's body shaking with laughter. His partner tried to calm down but he was lost to the laughing fit. “Ryo, what's going on?” Dee asked. The two black-clothed men walked up to Dee, cameras in their hands. Dee reached for his gun, but Ryo jerked out and stopped him.
“It was a joke, Dee!” Ryo replied as the men pulled off their masks. Rose and JJ's faces appeared with amused smiles.
“I don't get it…” Dee muttered, absolutely astound. Ryo giggled as he kissed Dee on the lips, the warmth making Dee blush.
“April Fools.” Ryo whispered. Dee had to let the words sink in before he jumped up with anger.
“APRIL FOOLS??? You jackasses!” Dee shouted, but couldn't help but grin. He had fallen for their tricks. “Why?” Dee asked suddenly as Ryo wrapped his arms around Dee. The two cuddled gently.
“Because I told you no betting, and you didn't listen. So I made a bet myself.” Ryo replied as he nodded toward his accomplices.
“You did?” Dee asked. Ryo nodded with reassurance. “On what?”
“That you would find me before the day was over.” Ryo blushed. Dee growled with a slight purr. Rose and JJ fell into laughter again as they handed Ryo their losses. Ryo smiled. “I think that makes up for the money you lost today.”
“How much you win?” Dee asked.
“A hundred.” Dee pouted.
“Still not covered.”
“What? How much did you spend to find me?” Ryo asked.
“A hundred and twenty.” Dee confirmed. “I gave the pawn keeper twenty extra.”
“You dog!” Ryo laughed. “Oh well, I guess I'll make up for that myself.” He blushed, trying to ignore Rose and JJ's sudden interest in the conversation.
“What you have in mind for him, Ryo?” JJ asked.
“Let's hear it.” Rose pushed. Ryo flared red, but leaned forward to capture Dee's kiss. He gently sucked on Dee's lips and allowed Dee to take over the moment. Dee picked Ryo up and began to head out from the basement. “Where you love birds going?” Rose asked. Dee laughed.
“I paid for a perfectly good hotel room. I don't plan to waste it.” Dee replied as he walked off. He ran into the hotel woman upstairs. She was beaming and no longer looked nervous.
“Oh good, everything went according to plan. They told me you might be hostile and to be very cautious around you.” She replied. Dee laughed.
“Well, what was the rat poison and lime for?” Dee asked suddenly. “Since I know now that they aren't the murder weapons.”
“Oh, this hotel has a rodent problem. Mr. Randy was nice enough to get some supplies for me.” The woman replied. Dee blushed.
“Everyone was in on it! Ryo, you're going to so pay for this.” Dee growled as he carried his lover upstairs. Ryo smiled and nibbled at Dee's earlobe.
“I'm scared now.” He joked, the bedroom door closing behind them.
 
Bikki and Carol crawled up to the door and snickered. They had been watching the whole time. “I wonder what they'll do.” Carol asked, beaming.
“I don't know.” They leaned against the door and listened.
 
“Ryo, want to play a game?” Dee asked sarcastically. Ryo made a purring sound.
“Maybe.”
“Well, ready or not, here I come.” Dee laughed.
 
“I bet they do it under an hour.” Carol whispered to Bikki. Bikki smirked.
“And I bet Dee and Ryo take their sweet time.” Bikki retorted.
“Bring it on, Loser!”
“Alright, Baka!”
 
The End
 
April Fools! ~Love, Zicue
 
AN: So how was it? Review me!!! This was my second attempt to writing a fan fiction. I decided it might be nice to have an oneshot this round. I really like how Bikki and Carol bet on things; they're like these kids with immature actions on mature matters. As for Ryo and Dee, I think they deserve to have surprises in their relationship (it keeps it interesting.) Like tricking Dee into busting his butt off just to see how much he loves you, that's selfish, but also very astonishing. Bet Dee wasn't expecting that when he signed up to be Ryo's koi.